Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari (31326 Views)

Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) / Must A Woman Be Married To Get Respect? / 10 Signs The Man Wooing You Has Another Woman/ May Be Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by bilulu(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2015
olasha1:
nice course to start with by a reasonable first lady unlike d former minister of entertainment aka madam she popo

Nigeria must be good
at age did she get married? I will support dis if she come out to tell us wat she faced as a teenager who was forcefully married out
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by irunoko(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2015
Whizpeter:
After she already got married at the age of 12 abi

And I'm planning to marry Zainab who is 14 years old.... embarassed embarassed

God if this woman says that my water would not boil, Let they not sell matches in her area... cheesy
pedo alert!
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 13, 2015
ANOTHER FAKE PROMISE

You dont want people to enjoy what you enjoyed ba!!!

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 13, 2015
okpurukata:
A victim is speaking
a victim? A lady that married early at 19 and have masters degree now is a victim? My friend, igbos marry under age too. I have seen many under age marriages.

what is the age difference between ojukwu and Bianca? what about the unfortunate once that didnt make it to Bianca status?

2 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by deltapikin(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2015
Next thread Aisha Buhari denied that the report credited to her that no girl should marry before the age of 17 is the handwork of her enemies. Press misquoted her comment. Very soon this is what we hear.

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by bukatyne(f): 12:20pm On May 13, 2015
Lagusta:

Omotola that got married at 18.... She didn't understand abi

I'm sure she made a mistake, she wanted to say 18

What's the diff BTW 17 and 18 gaan sef

Omo T's case is an exception and should be treated as such.

Her husband helped her achieve her dreams and fantasies, not everyone has such sweet stories to tell.

18yrs is even too young IMHO. What is a child doing married before university

Anytime after service is fine for peeps who gain admission at the average age.

A lady done with schooling 22yrs, 23yrs is ok to get married.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by philips70(m): 12:20pm On May 13, 2015
kindnyce:
Sure,BUT START AT THE HOME FRONT,
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

Who do you all think she's referring to in this remark? Do people marry below this age in the south apart from some random kids getting pregnant here and there?

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by somegirl1: 12:20pm On May 13, 2015
obailala:
Why not 18?

Or 21.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by jmoore(m): 12:21pm On May 13, 2015
Lagusta:

Which of the Imaams ooo....
Ask Yerima oo.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by obailala(m): 12:21pm On May 13, 2015
somegirl1:

Or 21.
In most countries of the world, 18 is the official age of consent
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by mohdimplez(m): 12:22pm On May 13, 2015
Whizpeter:

God if this woman says that my water would not boil, Let they not sell matches in her area... cheesy
you sef read what you wrote and ask yourself if it makes sense to you and other reasonable people out there. Think before you comment jor

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Whizpeter(m): 12:23pm On May 13, 2015
irunoko:
pedo alert!

WHO CARES grin grin grin
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Spaxon(f): 12:23pm On May 13, 2015
This people can't just shut up till 29
they are acting like kids.....

2 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Pavore9: 12:23pm On May 13, 2015
Tolexander:
what age did Aishat get married to Buhari?

She was born on the 17th of February 1971 and got married on the 2nd of December 1989
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Whizpeter(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2015
mohdimplez:
you sef read what you wrote and ask yourself if it makes sense to you and other reasonable people out there. Think before you comment jor

And I guess you have difficulty in recognising sarcasm when you see one.... wink cheesy
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Awoofawo(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2015
msmon:

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/05/no-girl-married-17-aisha-buhari/ Cc: lalasticlala
Now this is a firstlady talking unlike someone I knew in Otuoke village cool
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by somegirl1: 12:26pm On May 13, 2015
obailala:
In most countries of the world, 18 is the official age of consent

As long as they are getting married to someone around their age. I don't know many parents that would permit their 18 or 19 year old son to marry his 18 year old girlfriend.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 13, 2015
I thought the official age for marriage is 18yrs.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 13, 2015
Dude go to school!!!

philips70:

Who do you all think she's referring to in this remark? Do people marry below this age in the south apart from some random kids getting pregnant here and there?
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by wonderfulman(m): 12:29pm On May 13, 2015
definitely not in the NORTH
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Tolexander: 12:29pm On May 13, 2015
Pavore9:

She was born on the 17th of February 1971 and got married on the 2nd of December 1989
i expected the guy to answer the question anyway to show him he has succeeded in making no sense!
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Awoofawo(m): 12:30pm On May 13, 2015
irunoko:
You and the sharia pedos will have a lot of battles to fight grin

Na true o!

But the first to solving a problem is admitting that there is a problem and then doing everything possible to overcome it....

Our incoming firstlady just admitted that we have got problem in that area and she determined in addressing it headlong. It is that more better than what we are use to now?
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by saintfizzo(m): 12:30pm On May 13, 2015
lawanson44:
Madam please shaaaaraaaaap! If you mean what you say, then ask your husband to jail Yerima and all those northern alhajis who have young girls in their custody in the name of marraige!
U cld make ur request without being a jerk abt it...
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by anonimi: 12:32pm On May 13, 2015
Pavore9:

l hope you followed it when it was a raging issue at the Senate and the opposition of it by Northern lawmakers.

Don't worry, I did but I believe something must have been established finally as the minimum age or the Bill was thrown out completely?

Moreover, it is also an opportunity to show further the differences between the VALUES of the south & north hence the COMPLICATIONS of having a national IDENTITY and sense of belonging to one nation.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by philips70(m): 12:33pm On May 13, 2015
lordpreps:
Dude go to school!!!

Stop convulsing at old age.
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by ifeco4(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2015
It will be a welcome development if it sails through and it will liberate the little girls from the North from the hand of their men. Waiting to hear their response.

3 Likes

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Eneze1(f): 12:36pm On May 13, 2015
Good one from her, hope she will be able to sound it in the ears of her people.

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by Awoofawo(m): 12:36pm On May 13, 2015
okpurukata:
A victim is speaking

Atleast this will give her a good understand of the issue, the challenge, and how best to tackle it.

She seems more sincere and mature in her approaches to relevantly national issue unlike someone from the greek......
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by irunoko(m): 12:37pm On May 13, 2015
Let's see how 1 woman will combat 100s of unrepentant sharia Muslim pedos grin
Awoofawo:

Na true o!

But the first to solving a problem is admitting that there is a problem and then doing everything possible to overcome it....

Our incoming firstlady just admitted that we have got problem in that area and she determined in addressing it headlong. It is that more better than what we are use to now?

1 Like

Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by dotna(m): 12:37pm On May 13, 2015
hmmmm, tread lightly on the topic oh
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by tbaba1234: 12:39pm On May 13, 2015
Awoofawo:

Atleast this will give her a good understand of the issue, the challenge, and how best to tackle it.
She seems more sincere and mature in her approaches to relevantly national issue unlike someone from the greek......

Whizpeter:

What are you talking about?? She got married at about 19... That is ok
Re: No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari by holicalpha(m): 12:43pm On May 13, 2015
Wait,what. So a girl of 18-20 having babies is okay.?? Woman!! she's got a life ahead of her, having babies by that age isn't what anyone should be thinking of.

- Valar Morghulis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Husband Refused To Have Sex With Me For 3 Years" - Angry Wife Tells Court / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.