Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell (28511 Views)

What Okrika Clothing Has Done To Africans In Pictures. / I Am Looking For Wholesale And Individual Okrika Cloths Buying. / A Distinctive Fashion School In The Heart Of Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
its called chemical, A one...lol...hope u washed 'em before putting it on? grin grin grin grin
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
U actually mean you like 'okrika' pass...uhmmm lipsrsealed

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by fineboynl(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
its a chemical like camphor. just to preserve it from insect or smell

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by GaggleNSwallow: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
There was one particular pair of shoes I bought two times in 2014. I bought the first pair brand new but after a few weeks their fakeness became glaring. I somehow found the exact type in one okirika seller's shop, but I had to pay almost twice I paid to get the new ones because of quality difference. And it paid off because I used those shoes for almost 2 years before they were stolen; and the quality never changed.

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by adisabarber(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
YomiTee123:
you get experience grin grin grin ooo

I don buy am before o. When person tell me say e dey last pass new clothes. Omo, when I wash am I no recognise the cloth again. It was just too obvious that it wasn't new. To make matters worse, it was even more expensive that new trouser cheesy

2 Likes

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by dalass(f): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
How did it even get the name okrika self?

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by lonelydora: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Bleep:
Yes, I love 'okrika' clothes grin In fact I buy them a lot! cool That distinctive 'okrika' scent is simply bliss to me, hmmm hmmm !! grin Come to think of it, why is it that most, if not all 'okrika' clothes smell that way, I mean those imported from outside Naija? Right from my kindergarten years till now, those second-hand clothes still smell the same. Do they spray a particular perfume on it? If yes, please what's the name of the perfume? I really need to buy the perfume. Somebody help me out please. Thanks in advance. smiley

I have always wanted to know what they spary on it. Even the distinctive smell of Tokunbo cars.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by sonnie10: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
dalass:

It would have to do with port of entry (PH)in those day when other ports were functional

3 Likes

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Patrinus: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hahahaha. . . Awon broke niccurs and b.i.t.c.h.e.s! grin lipsrsealed

Na joke I dey oooh! Used to buy it too back in the days b4 baba God do am for me! cool

Wetin God nor fit do! cool

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by abbeyafu(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
classicfrank4u:
poverty is realy bad, afta usinq okrika al ur lyf ure nw intrestd in dre perfume#issorite

Lolz... I am rolling on the floor. Poverty na bastard

4 Likes

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by kay29000(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
dalass:

That's the name of the place in south-south where it was popularized...i think there is a port there where the bails of used clothes used to come in through. So they just kukuma named the clothes 'okrika.'

2 Likes

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Mrjo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
Fierce11:
Post of may 2015 making fp in august 2018.. and yet, one bastard say that you will never live to see your dream come to pass.. lol my guy, juxt wait for the moderators wey dey heaven..one day, dem go table your matter finally
are you sure the op still dey alive?

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Fierce11: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mrjo:
are you sure the op still dey alive?
Person wey been dy expect answer pertaining his beloved okrika since 2015? oga hin dy more than alive
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Goddyss(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princess4ng:
hahahahahahahahhahaha. this poster is something else..... buh come to think of it.........i read sense in the post ooooooooooo.......... how do they come about the same scent..... Bleep come and tell me the reply to the research ooo if u have gotten any

It is a very straightforward answer. How do pus5ies come about same scent....that is if scent is the actual word?
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Princess4ng(f): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:

It is a very straightforward answer. How do pus5ies come about same scent....that is if scent is the actual word?

lol...........this one sha pass my power. I no geh answer for u oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Goddyss(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princess4ng:

lol...........this one sha pass my power. I no geh answer for u oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Okay but I'm sure you now have your answer
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Princess4ng(f): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Goddyss:

Okay but I'm sure you now have your answer

LOL....I DONT EVEN NEED THE ANSWER AGAIN grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by ikorodureporta: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
Whats d best method to wash that perfume away??
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by RexTramadol1: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Whats d best method to wash that perfume away??

Use kpomo water or locust beans water

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by killsmith(f): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
classicfrank4u:
poverty is realy bad, afta usinq okrika al ur lyf ure nw intrestd in dre perfume#issorite
guy, my belle ooo grin

1 Like

Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by okrikaboi: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Okrika is an LGA in Rivers state use ur head
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Goddyss(m): 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princess4ng:

LOL....I DONT EVEN NEED THE ANSWER AGAIN grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by YomiTee123(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
adisabarber:

I don buy am before o. When person tell me say e dey last pass new clothes. Omo, when I wash am I no recognise the cloth again. It was just too obvious that it wasn't new. To make matters worse, it was even more expensive that new trouser cheesy
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
blackboy2star:
Is not a perfume more like a chemical used to wash it with... Don't tell me you want to buy it and start spraying it on your body lol

grin

Have mercy bro
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by KDmafia: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mekanus:
I have always thought about this. That perfume is really powerful that even after washing the Okrika more than ten times you will still perceive the scent. Okrika all the way, some of my best clothes are okrika, they're more durable than new clothes.
or you are too broke to buy designer new clothes grin
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by edgecution(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
If people know how filthy these Americans are they wont touch Okrika with a long pole.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by bobkezel(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
Fierce11:
Post of may 2015 making fp in august 2018.. and yet, one bastard say that you will never live to see your dream come to pass.. lol my guy, juxt wait for the moderators wey dey heaven..one day, dem go table your matter finally
The OP died 06th August 2016, NL is paying homage.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by bobkezel(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
Trustme2:
2015 post just appearing on Front Page in 2018. A lesson to learn. Never give up. God can still remember you. Once there's life there's hope
The OP ran mad on 06th Aug 2016.NL is doing madness memorial day for him.
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Fierce11: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
bobkezel:

The OP died 06th August 2016, NL is paying homage.
You head dia.. shebi you sabi the op one-on-one abi? besides, na this nl mods wan pay person homage? lmao, for nl.. person wey die don die o
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by bobkezel(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Siki355:
biko wat year are we in now

a post since 2015 is making FP now..
d Bible says better is a end of a thing than d beginning..

The OP is serving a 70 year jail term.
NL is remembering him cos was sentenced on 06th Aug 2016
Re: That Distinctive "Okrika" Smell by Sterope(f): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
It is not any perfume. I think it may be the change in weather.

If you know anyone who stays outside the country and doesn't use strong perfume, try and smell their clothes. More often than not, it will smell exactly like okrika clothes.

Bleep:
Yes, I love 'okrika' clothes grin In fact I buy them a lot! cool That distinctive 'okrika' scent is simply bliss to me, hmmm hmmm !! grin Come to think of it, why is it that most, if not all 'okrika' clothes smell that way, I mean those imported from outside Naija? Right from my kindergarten years till now, those second-hand clothes still smell the same. Do they spray a particular perfume on it? If yes, please what's the name of the perfume? I really need to buy the perfume. Somebody help me out please. Thanks in advance. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daily Beautiful Styles To View / Fake Extract Whitening Body Lotion From Justrite!! / Top 3 Factors That Makes A Woman Sexy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.