Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country (1199 Views)

Boko Haram Cuts Throats Of Fishermen Near Lake Chad / 625 Killed As Boko Haram Gunmen Slit Some Residents’ Throats / Nigerian Soldiers Cutting The Throats Of Boko Haram Members (pics And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Benosky1(m): 4:11pm On May 13, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ar-gh307lKI/VVNTV02PMWI/AAAAAAAFNsQ/mnLClLAixKM/s400/0.jpg[/img]

Gambian president, Yahya Jammeh has threatened to "slit the throats" of gay people living in Gambia if they are caught
engaging in the act of homosexuality.

President Jammeh, who has been very vocal against gay people, gave this threat while
speaking on nationwide broadcast to d youths in his country about the importance of agriculture recently.

"If you do it [in the Gambia] I will slit your throat. If you are a man and want to marry another man in this country and
we catch you, no one will ever set eyes on you again, and no white person can do anything about it," he said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Mynd44: 4:17pm On May 13, 2015
Oya report him to the ICC
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 13, 2015
undecided
what is the difference between you and boko haram?
it's time people stopped persecuting others just because their values, principles or beliefs differ.

Until you can proove that homosexuality has negative influence on national security, health, economy or welfare in general, you are no different from a terrorist for killing fellow humans simply because of differences in opinions.

you don't have to agree with what they do. killing them is just wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by jethro2013(m): 4:20pm On May 13, 2015
Gambia Gambia..where Gambia det self?
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2015
Ewu gambia angry
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by simplex2: 4:23pm On May 13, 2015
I will slit your throat, heaven will not fall...lol...cheesy

jethro2013:
Gambia Gambia..where Gambia det self?

Very close to the Bermuda triangle.
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by onatisi(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2015
The strong man of gambia is talking . The whites can't push or force africa to accept what is alien to our culture and norms just like late president john evan ata mills told the uk 4 years back.

5 Likes

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by kinglekan: 9:27am On May 14, 2015
Its barbaric that a president would talk in such manner. Slit throats? Are they animals?

All these long serving, power drunk, and egocentric african leaders or should I say tyrants are one of the major reasons Africa has not moved passed the stone age.

What happened to human rights, rule of law etc.

I want to believe that Gambia has a legal system and a proper way of passing laws.

I wouldn't subscribe to sliting of throats as a penal for homosexuality. It makes the president no better than terrorist groups like ISIS, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram etc.

While I have my reservations about homosexuality. I still feel these issues shouldn't be subject to criminal laws.

We keep creating laws that have no effect whatsoever on our development as a continent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by stevecantrell: 9:33am On May 14, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Ewu gambia angry
LOL.
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 9:36am On May 14, 2015
I'm lost for words, is he mad?

I have more questions than answers so let me

**spread mat right here**
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:37am On May 14, 2015
Good move
May allahh give him d grace to carry out dis plan against d evil ones

5 Likes

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by francizy(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2015
Benosky1:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ar-gh307lKI/VVNTV02PMWI/AAAAAAAFNsQ/mnLClLAixKM/s400/0.jpg[/img]

Gambian president, Yahya Jammeh has threatened to "slit the throats" of gay people living in Gambia if they are caught
engaging in the act of homosexuality.

President Jammeh, who has been very vocal against gay people, gave this threat while
speaking on nationwide broadcast to d youths in his country about the importance of agriculture recently.

"If you do it [in the Gambia] I will slit your throat. If you are a man and want to marry another man in this country and
we catch you, no one will ever set eyes on you again, and no white person can do anything about it," he said

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha, inasmuch as I hate gayism and the site of their likes disgusts me, I don't support slicing their throats biko... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by francizy(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2015
Chiam55:

Abeg commot this mat for road make I pass.. angry
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2015
Rxpetite:
undecided
it's time people stopped persecuting others just because their values, principles or beliefs differ.

Until you can proove that homosexuality has negative influence on national security, health, economy or welfare in general, you are no different from a terrorist for killing fellow humans simply because of differences in opinions.

Busted!

1 Like

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by horlabiyi(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2015
Yes, Say No To Same Sex Marriage

1 Like

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by onatisi(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2015
Chiam55:

there is only one way to find out if he is mad or not , and that is to try or test him . So go there and commit the offence ,let's see if he will carry out his threat.

4 Likes

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 9:51am On May 14, 2015
okay, happy sliting of throat.

I hope Allah rewards you by accepting you in heaven for job welldone.

Africans and animalistic behaviour - infact, animals are better because they don't sit down to discuss about another animals orientation.

1 Like

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 9:52am On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Good move
May God give him d grace to carry out dis plan against d evil ones
God? As in Yahweh?

Remove God out of this. Maybe your Allah, ancestral gods etc, the child of anger.
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 9:53am On May 14, 2015
onatisi:
there is only one way to find out if he is mad or not , and that is to try or test him . So go there and commit the offence ,let's see if he will carry out his threat.
Now I look mad to you

Child sidon lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by lionduke(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2015
kill them all
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by wisewisewise: 10:39am On May 14, 2015
WHY NOT IMPRISON THEM FOR LIFE??
MUST YOU " SLIT THEIR THROATS"
ARE GAY PEOPLE NOW EQUAL TO RAMS
SOME AFRICAN LEADERS ARE BARBARIANS.
THAT IS HOW XENOPHOBIA BEGAN IN SOUTH AFRICA AFTER CARELESS AND RECKLESS COMMENTS BY THE ZULU KING
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by onatisi(m): 10:49am On May 14, 2015
wisewisewise:
WHY NOT IMPRISON THEM FOR LIFE??
MUST YOU " SLIT THEIR THROATS"
ARE GAY PEOPLE NOW EQUAL TO RAMS
SOME AFRICAN LEADERS ARE BARBARIANS.
THAT IS HOW XENOPHOBIA BEGAN IN SOUTH AFRICA AFTER CARELESS AND RECKLESS COMMENTS BY THE ZULU KING
but when saudi arabia beheads ppl for drug trafficking, u don't see them as ruthless. When indonesia executes ppl for drug trafficking ,many of u hail their decision as rule of law. The gambia president has made his decision ,all gay men and lesbian women have no choice but to obey the country president UNLESS THEY WILL NOT BE SEEN AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by sinizia: 12:17pm On May 14, 2015
kinglekan:
Its barbaric that a president would talk in such manner. Slit throats? Are they animals?

All these long serving, power drunk, and egocentric african leaders or should I say tyrants are one of the major reasons Africa has not moved passed the stone age.

What happened to human rights, rule of law etc.

I want to believe that Gambia has a legal system and a proper way of passing laws.
I wouldn't subscribe to sliting of throats as a penal for homosexuality. It makes the president no better than terrorist groups like ISIS, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram etc.

While I have my reservations about homosexuality. I still feel these issues shouldn't be subject to criminal laws.

We keep creating laws that have no effect whatsoever on our development as a continent.

Gambia has a legal system, but what can you do about it when they're as hateful, backward and barbaric as their President? I fear for gays in Africa, even though i'm not one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by sinizia: 12:35pm On May 14, 2015
When will Africans realize homosexualism is not the bane of their existence? When will they realize being gay is not the reason why Africa is backward? There are many tribulations, problems affecting Africans, for them to dedicate their hate towards their fellow humans with different sexual orientation. When will they channel their hate towards their despotic leaders who keeps setting back to medieval ages? Take a look at Nigeria, we denied gays of their rights, right? So tell me, since then, what has improved for better in Nigeria? has there been steady light since we made the anti-gay rule? Has there been good roads, portable water, improved living conditions, standard health facilities, low mortality rate, end to tribal bigotry, extermination of corruption, since we made the anti-gay rule? Were the evil Islamic sect, Boko Haram a gay sect before they started their carnage. African is the most myopic continent ever.

Nota bene: i'm not gay, don't condone it, wouldn't advice anyone to be gay; but i'd rather die than slit the throat of an innocent man or woman simply cos their sexual orientations differ from mine. the Jesus that i serve who said; "he who's without sin cast the first stone" would never kill a gay person. That i'm sure of.

2 Likes

Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 14, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Busted!
Wetin
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by tammie24: 1:00pm On May 14, 2015
Clear message
E nor dey fear person
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by tonye72(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2015
Rxpetite:
undecided

hey gay!!! shut ur mouth! y dnt u find ur way to gambia n express ur views?

u might b lucky n ve just ur d!ck cut off!

anumpama.
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 14, 2015
tonye72:

hey gay!!! shut ur mouth! y dnt u find ur way to gambia n express ur views?

u might b lucky n ve just ur d!ck cut off!

anumpama.
Countering a point with insults shows lack of intelligence. When you dont agree with someone else's view, argue with valid points not insults.

I'm girl by the way, I don't have a dick.
Re: Gambian President Threatens To 'slit The Throats' Of Gay People In The Country by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2015
sinizia:
When will Africans realize homosexualism is not the bane of their existence? When will they realize being gay is not the reason why Africa is backward? There are many tribulations, problems affecting Africans, for them to dedicate their hate towards their fellow humans with different sexual orientation. When will they channel their hate towards their despotic leaders who keeps setting back to medieval ages? Take a look at Nigeria, we denied gays of their rights, right? So tell me, since then, what has improved for better in Nigeria? has there been steady light since we made the anti-gay rule? Has there been good roads, portable water, improved living conditions, standard health facilities, low mortality rate, end to tribal bigotry, extermination of corruption, since we made the anti-gay rule? Were the evil Islamic sect, Boko Haram a gay sect before they started their carnage. African is the most myopic continent ever.

Nota bene: i'm not gay, don't condone it, wouldn't advice anyone to be gay; but i'd rather die than slit the throat of an innocent man or woman simply cos their sexual orientations differ from mine. the Jesus that i serve who said; "he who's without sin cast the first stone" would never kill a gay person. That i'm sure of.
go to gambia,commit the offence ,then preach this sermon to the president ,who knows u may be the messiah they have been waiting for.

(1) (Reply)

Is This True About Nigerian Women / AIT Absolves Self Of Blame Over Documentary On Tinubu / Photo: A Driver Serving Punishment In Abuja, Are We Back To "The Dark Days?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.