Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

The Cul De Sac - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cul De Sac (47595 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:26pm On May 29, 2015
xyz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cul De Sac by ugosly(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2015
I think you should publish this story, it is soo touching and didactic.
Re: The Cul De Sac by gal10(f): 12:01am On May 30, 2015
Ewooo!! Touchmeder u remind me of fantasy island! U guys should write a story together. I know it will be off d hook! Interesting piece here!!
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:34am On May 30, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:34am On May 30, 2015
xyz
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:35am On May 30, 2015
On that day, he sat by her side and waited while the flight was delayed for the second time. From a distance, they watched as their children continued to talk excitedly. Aunty Lizzy was around the corner watching them. Suddenly Mr Okungbowa addressed Julie ‘’would you rather not go home and enter Edegbe early tomorrow morning?’’

Then Julie tapped his wrist and replied ‘’patience Osazuwa; just have a little patience. I feel really queasy so a long journey in a bus is the last thing I need’’

For some weird reason, Julie had started to refer to her husband by his first name. It was something she had not done since their dating days but thing had since changed. The couple spoke every now and then but this would be one of the few times they would sit side by side and converse like old times. At some point, Osazuwa looked at his wife and made an attempt at an apology ‘’I’m sorry Julie; for everything I am so sorry’’
Then she smiled at him weakly and replied ‘’Osazuwa, I don’t blame you. I bear you no grudge because I know you are not yourself. One day, you will snap out of this thing holding you and then your eyes would be clear. I pray it won’t be too late by then. Anyway I told you about the dream I had concerning the store at Sapele Road didn’t I?’’

‘’Yes you did’’

‘’In the dream, it was the store but that is not the issue in real life. The store is also important oh! It was our first sweat and I pray you continue to guard it jealously. Even if you want to close the pharmacy tomorrow, don’t throw that property away like you did the one at Airport Road. You may plan to build a big shopping complex there or give it out to a corporate organization on a long term lease. It is particularly important once you retire especially if the kids are no longer in Benin. You may have the urge to sell it but please don’t be too rash in your decision – leave something for the children and let that be their decision to make’’

‘’Julieeeeeeeeee…’’

‘’Please listen to me; don’t forget that property is for you as it is for me. The document may not be in my name but you know my sweat and your sweat raised that place from the dust. Osazuwa, please don’t take my request for granted concerning that property. Don’t sell it wholly or partially’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:36am On May 30, 2015
ugosly:
I think you should publish this story, it is soo touching and didactic.

Thank you. I have it in mind.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:38am On May 30, 2015
xzy

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:39am On May 30, 2015
xyz

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 6:43am On May 30, 2015
End of an era. I have spent some time with the Okungbowa's history because I feel readers should understand why certain characters (in that household) will do certain things as the story continues. We shall continue with Unique and the case on Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by teefaah(f): 6:58am On May 30, 2015
God bless u dear

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by Nobody: 7:07am On May 30, 2015
touchmeder:
End of an era. I have spent some time with the Okungbowa's history because I feel readers should understand why certain characters (in that household) will do certain things as the story continues. We shall continue with Unique and the case on Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.

Clap, Clap. We're waiting!
Re: The Cul De Sac by chrisbaby24(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2015
Nice one....dis story make sense wella....wia my oromakirisi dey
Re: The Cul De Sac by tijehi(f): 8:00am On May 30, 2015
My clap for u is resounding all over my house.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by OYAY(m): 8:33am On May 30, 2015
This story is fantastic mehn! Every description of the characters is a story on its own;is the young doctor's family financial mess before the case or the okungbowas not to talk of Unique Ibehi relationship! In fact touchmeder I seriously doff my hat for you in the spirit of this changing of government. Thank you and have a lovely weekend as well.
Re: The Cul De Sac by gal10(f): 10:19am On May 30, 2015
What a great story!
Re: The Cul De Sac by virtuedagirl(f): 10:42am On May 30, 2015
Touchmeder ur story is very nice & ur updates regular. keep it up ma,i pray 4 more inspirations as u write,do have a blessed weekend.
Re: The Cul De Sac by nanhilicious(f): 12:57pm On May 30, 2015
Nice story. Keep it up.
Re: The Cul De Sac by hopilo4life(m): 9:30pm On May 30, 2015
Touchmeder,i am really enjoying ur story.i pray more oil 2 ur head.
Re: The Cul De Sac by Nmeri17: 11:07pm On May 30, 2015
virtuedagirl:
Touchmeder ur story is very nice & ur updates regular. keep it up ma,i pray 4 more inspirations as u write,do have a blessed weekend.
that's the one thing I like most about the OP; frequent updates and the updates are broken into optimum sized posts not just one looooooong body of text
Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2015
God! I have never been this move by story that brought tears out of my eyes. Julie just wish you leave to reap your labour but death!? And for bukola we shall see. Still crying....

Ops link me to other of your story, I love ur ideal
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2015
drtwist:
God! I have never been this move by story that brought tears out of my eyes. Julie just wish you leave to reap your labour but death!? And for bukola we shall see. Still crying....

Ops link me to other of your story, I love ur ideal

Click on my name to read the first story I wrote on Nairaland. Unfortunately all others are not complete due to piracy concerns. Thanks
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
TWENTY ONE

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
Detective Unique Adeleke knocked once before entering ASP Kassim Kolawole’s office. He gave a salute and announced ‘’afternoon sir you sent for me’’

‘’Sit down’’ the older man said. He gestured towards a chair and continued to read something off a diary. Afterwards he pushed the book aside and stared straight at the detective ‘’so how are we doing with the hit and run case?’’ he asked.

‘’Very fine sir’’

‘’Well that’s not what I really want to hear? You know what I mean. I just got off the phone with Professor Buwa so tell me something good’’

‘’We are still hard at work sir. So far everyone in the neighbourhood appears squeaky clean. It’s quite complicated because these individuals are seemingly high standing members of the society not touts. In any case, I have some neighbours I’d like to interview again but…’’

‘’But you’ve got nothing ehn? That’s what you are trying to say isn't it? All your plenty talk and I can tell you’ve got nothing for me. I know you quite well. Once you strike gold, you don’t beat around the bush’’

‘’Ermm… it’s a bit challenging but we are getting somewhere sir’’ suddenly Unique began to sweat under the stern gaze of ASP Kassim Kolawole.

The older man nodded his head like he understood Unique’s plight but of course he had something else in his head and once he opened his mouth, he didn’t mince words ‘’listen Adeleke, I put you on this case because I know you produce results and I need results. I don’t want to hear about your challenges. If I want someone to tell me about the challenges of dealing with members of the upper class, I know who to assign the case to. I don’t want time wasters and that’s why I paired you with Officer Chukwunonso Okolie I mean ... what’s that her new name again? I keep forgetting’’

‘’Aburime. Chukwunonso Aburime’’

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
‘’You know what, take some time away and rest your weary head’’

‘’Chichi, it’s the worse time to do that’’

‘’No I don’t mean that of course. I mean like this weekend, go away and see Obehi. You’ve been talking about it for sometime. You have a lot on your plate. You’re thinking work, you’re thinking about making up with her so go for it. Perhaps you need to get laid before getting some fresh insight on the case…’’

Then Unique began to laugh and he asked her a question ‘’madam did you just say what my ear heard?’’

‘’Oh c’mon now; don’t be prude. Unique, say something and get out early on Friday. I’ll cover for you and manage the case until you return on Monday. Go do something for you and allow me do my bit. I promise to call every house on Obaretin Street. I'll call their number and jolt them to reality; make them understand we are still on the case and we need their help. Who knows what will come out of it?’’

‘’You’re right’’ Unique whispered. Afterwards he got up and smiled at her.

‘’Officer Unique Olawale Adeleke, I’m always right. Go book a flight or something’’

‘’I sure will’’ Unique replied. Then he walked away.

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by drtwist(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
touchmeder:

Click on my name to read the first story I wrote on Nairaland. Unfortunately all others are not complete due to piracy concerns. Thanks
I have done that boss, but all the story I saw were incomplete . don't know the exact one you are talking about
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
drtwist:

I have done that boss, but all the story I saw were incomplete . don't know the exact one you are talking about

Bros, it is called Choice and Consequence.
Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
TWENTY TWO

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
xyz

1 Like

Re: The Cul De Sac by touchmeder: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
''Hmmm!’’

‘’I have seen a lot and in these past few weeks, the madness has intensified. They drove two gatemen away and they continually boast that I can do nothing more’’

‘’Mama, please don’t take this the wrong way but why don’t you do what you always do to people who stand in your way? What has gone wrong this time, teach these people a lesson so…’’

‘’My daughter, it is not so oh! A wise woman knows the fights she engages in and the one to withdraw from. I am getting older and I’m not as strong as I used to be. Every other day I open door, I see them by the corner singing ‘igiogbe, igiogbe, igiogbe!*’’

‘’Mama, but you have always known about the igiobe doctrine. I don’t even know why you are fighting this case in court. You are wasting the small money you claim you don’t have. Your lawyer has warned you already, there is no way on earth you will win this case in the Nigerian court. From the lowest to the appellate to the highest court in the land the decision remains the same. THAT HOUSE WILL GO TO EDIGUE AND YOU KNOW IT!’’

‘’My daughter, you have spoken well and that is why I bought my land at my hometown kia kia. I cannot cry as a young woman and cry again in old age. That is why I have been doing the little I can do. Right now, I am wiring the house but there is still so much to do. If that house was complete but not plastered, I would have run there long long ago but it is far from finished. I need the sum of ₦500,000 to complete it. I am in court for a reason and you know why. All na to drag the case and buy me more time until I finish my own house. My daughter that is why I need your help oh! Bukola these people are serious oh; it is time for me to leave that their father’s house before they kill me!’’

Then Bukky sighed deeply and excused herself. She returned from the kitchen with two glasses and a container of chilled juice. She set it before her mother and filled the glasses. Mama rejected the drink and continued to stare at her daughter as she drank hers.

*In Bini custom Igiogbe represents the family seat or the principal house of the deceased. It is inherited by the eldest surviving son of the deceased after the performances of the second burial ceremonies. In most cases (some exceptions exist though )the eldest surviving son of a bini man would inherit the igiogbe even if he is illegitimate or his father wills the property to another

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

"Desire" By John Mfon / Selfless Desires / Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.