Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,585 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari (672 Views)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by Naijaland12: 9:53pm On May 13, 2015
Nigeria’s president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he is not backing anybody for the position of Senate President or Speaker of the House of Representatives, adding that, he is willing to work with any leader of the Senate, irrespective of what part of the country he or she originates from.
In a statement released in Abuja on Wednesday, Buhari described as false, insinuations in the media that he was in support of any particular senator to emerge as leader or that he belonged to any camp pushing for the emergence of a leader from a particular part of the country.
“I am prepared to work with any leaders that the House or Senate selects,” Buhari said, noting that, “It doesn’t matter who the person is or where he or she is from.”
He added that these insinuations were probably born out of people’s expectations based on the way things had happened in the past, but reminded Nigerians that ‘Change’ has truly come.
“There is due process for the selection of leaders of the National Assembly,” General Buhari said, “and I will not interfere in that process.”
Buhari added that the media and the public should begin to get used to no more “business as usual.”
“Nigeria has indeed entered a new dispensation,” he said
“My administration does not intend to repeat the same mistakes made by previous governments.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/13/i-have-no-candidate-for-senate-president-house-speaker-buhari/

1 Like

Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by OAM4J: 10:00pm On May 13, 2015
If this story is true, this man called Buhari will earn another respect from me.

Let NASS decide their own fate and let the best man / the most acceptable among the lawmakers lead.
Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by lurther: 10:07pm On May 13, 2015
Nice one.............. I wish northerners will take the senate presidency and House of Rep speakership.
OAM4J:
If this story is true, this man called Buhari will earn another respect from me.

Let NASS decide their own fate and let the best man / the most acceptable among the lawmakers lead.
Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by owobokiri(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2015
Smart politics? His handlers are doing good! Wash your hands off very early when you have decided to hand over the senate leadership to an utterly corrupt political bimbo like saraki or a kleptomaniac like Akume. . Obviously there is no way the lanky one can make a vigourous defence for this two diirty friends of his while still chanting "change, change, change', like a desert voodoo priest. .
Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by Code213: 10:26pm On May 13, 2015
God Bless the President-Elect, and all those who truly believe in positive 'change'!!!!
God will see us through, we will triumph!!! Naysayers will be disappointed!
Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 13, 2015
God bless daddy. the peoples general
Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by salykely(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2015
That the face of a true democrat. All those traducing Buhari's name will soon realise how foolish they were.
Re: I Have No Candidate For Senate President, House Speaker – Buhari by mcquin(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2015
mcquin:
Now to all you modafvckers spamming NL with Biafran story, desist from it.

Haba if you want Biafra, why not quietly do that; like I told someone here, [/b]"If you reside in Lagos, board a Chisco bus 7a.m tomorrow back to Nnewi, then mount a Biafran flag in your compound, change your Naira to Biafran Pounds and live like a Biafran."

Stop coming to NL and disturbing the rest of us with your tales; making us go to page 2 to see reasonable stories. [b][/b]This is a Nigerian sight meant to add value to Nigerians and the Nigerian govt through constructive criticism of wrong policies while sending a positive image of Nigeria to the world.

The other day [b][/b]Governor Fashola gave some Biafran a free return ticket transport service back to Biafra and instead of appreciating him Biafrans insulted him, what do you want Nigerians to do for you?

Now for the [b] Yorubas pls desist from replying or making inputs in any Biafran thread, let these guys go atleast to have less tribal issues to contend with and reduce the Federal Character burden. Imagine giving Iweala, Diezani and Aviation woman positions because of Federal Character, only to ruin Nigeria at the end.

To my Efik brothers I know your support for Biafra is cos you feel shortchanged by GEJ's removal, it's past the election pls let's move on; mokop se tang? Remember Ojukwu left us to die while he flew to Abidjan. The Igbo race is sure to oppress minorities in the so called Biafra. Enough of the fight. Akem!

God bless Nigeria.
Haters Bia-Lagoon is between Onitsha and Asaba.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exposed!The Real Reasons People Are Trekking For GEJ And GMB / Buhari Secret Man / Photos : Man Goes Naked Because He Couldn't Buy Fuel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.