Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People (14233 Views)

The Palace Of Ado Ibrahim Attah, Ohinoyi Of Ebira Land (Photos) / Facts About Ebira People / Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by alkonami(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2015
Nice one op
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 18, 2015
Funjosh:
If I should say somethings about Igbira people, I mite get Banned Till 2099 tongue

You have nothing to say really.
Plus only yoruba people spell Ebira as Igbira despite the fact that we always correct you people.

Smh!
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 18, 2015
jemimaa01:
ebira people lipsrsealed
undecided
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 18, 2015
teeowl:
Egbira! lipsrsealed
Speak or forever remain silent!
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Funjosh(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2015
Joavid:

Plus only yoruba people spell Ebira as Igbira despite the fact that we always correct you people.

Smh!

Don't take it too personal na, I love Igbira (ebira) people wink
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Chigold101(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2015
Joavid:

Smh!
funjosh say what u know if not i will stand by the above statement which says u have nothing to say.
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Chigold101(m): 5:11pm On May 22, 2015
alkonami:
Nice one op
na GOD oh
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Funjosh(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2015
Chigold101:
funjosh say what u know if not i will stand by the above statement which says u have nothing to say.

So you want me to get banned by Seun and co abi lipsrsealed
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 22, 2015
Chigold101:
Lisahbeth here is the story about your people... I have done as i promised though i couldnt finish cos of series of ban i v been receiving since i started it...

COPY AND PASTE
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Chigold101(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2015
walexy30:

COPY AND PASTE
yes for sure... Did i ever claim to be the writer...?
I only researched and came up with it... Couldnt post my source cos i was banned like 3times while posting it...

Bad belle that is what u are... Why not copy urs and also paste...
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Nobody: 11:20am On May 23, 2015
Chigold101:
yes for sure... Did i ever claim to be the writer...? I only researched and came up with it... Couldnt post my source cos i was banned like 3times while posting it... Bad belle that is what u are... Why not copy urs and also paste...

Go and learn how to paragraph your copy and paste works.

Ensure you summarize your texts; don't just copy paste.
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by cleoblizz332(f): 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
let me chip in some religious history about my tribe (Ebira). It all started when almost every ebira indegine surname are all Islamic names, being a land mix with the two religion we always happen to argue a lot and they end up telling me that our fore fathers are all Muslim and we Christians deviated. so I decided to ask my dad whose dad answered a Muslim name(my present surname) but later converted into Christianity before his death. According to my dad since okene land was in d central Christianity came from the eastern southern part with their love and humanities but when Islam came everybody with the fright everybody had to answer a Muslim name so as to be recognise as one of them but they all continued in their traditional life style. All my grandfathers siblings all answer a Muslim name and that's same for all families it was later on their children after traveling chose the religion they wish to embrace begin to convert or either remain Muslims. all of my grandfather's house hold converted into Christianity but to be well recognised in okene land you have to be a Muslim, one of my uncle had to convert into Islam to succeed in politics. PROUDLY EBIRA LADY
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Amoto94(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2016
cleoblizz332:
let me chip in some religious history about my tribe (Ebira). It all started when almost every ebira indegine surname are all Islamic names, being a land mix with the two religion we always happen to argue a lot and they end up telling me that our fore fathers are all Muslim and we Christians deviated. so I decided to ask my dad whose dad answered a Muslim name(my present surname) but later converted into Christianity before his death. According to my dad since okene land was in d central Christianity came from the eastern southern part with their love and humanities but when Islam came everybody with the fright everybody had to answer a Muslim name so as to be recognise as one of them but they all continued in their traditional life style. All my grandfathers siblings all answer a Muslim name and that's same for all families it was later on their children after traveling chose the religion they wish to embrace begin to convert or either remain Muslims. all of my grandfather's house hold converted into Christianity but to be well recognised in okene land you have to be a Muslim, one of my uncle had to convert into Islam to succeed in politics. PROUDLY EBIRA LADY
Your father lied to you. We know how missionaries used deception and trickery to forcefully convert Muslims into Christianity, it took the efforts of some prominent Ebira Muslims to end such. Islam came to Ebira people first before Christianity. Omehi Wa dahi?
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by cleoblizz332(f): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
Amoto94:
Your father lied to you. We know how missionaries used deception and trickery to forcefully convert Muslims into Christianity, it took the efforts of some prominent Ebira Muslims to end such. Islam came to Ebira people first before Christianity. Omehi Wa dahi?
when I was typing this post it came across to me that there will be some children that were not well brought up and can address elderly people however their tongue leads. well I never said Islam didn't came first but it was not practised as of now it was all an eye service they still carried out their traditional worship. as for the religion with deception, fright and so on you should know the religion causing the Nigerian economy with no rest of mind. OK yea, it is called the religion of peace

3 Likes

Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Amoto94(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2016
cleoblizz332:
when I was typing this post it came across to me that there will be some children that were not well brought up and can address elderly people however their tongue leads. well I never said Islam didn't came first but it was not practised as of now it was all an eye service they still carried out their traditional worship. as for the religion with deception, fright and so on you should know the religion causing the Nigerian economy with no rest of mind. OK yea, it is called the religion of peace
Truth hurts you know. The hardship presently bedeviling this country is not something that can be attributed to any religious group as it relates to the state of the economy. As for eye service some of the adherents of the two religions are guilty of this and this is not peculiar to Ebira people alone as such is the case in most places. As for disrespecting your dad I never did that I just clarify the truth of the matter as so many onlookers will take your words as the truth. As for using trickery and deception Osun people knows better. Last but not the least the Muslims committing heinous crimes are doing so based on their flawed understanding of the religion and Muslims scholars as well as rulers are fighting against the renegades both ideologically and militarily. So, onyeiza relax your mind and stop picking offense when non was meant. Izeiza omé vuu I hope you understand this phrase
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by cleoblizz332(f): 9:51am On Jul 29, 2016
Amoto94:
Truth hurts you know. The hardship presently bedeviling this country is not something that can be attributed to any religious group as it relates to the state of the economy. As for eye service some of the adherents of the two religions are guilty of this and this is not peculiar to Ebira people alone as such is the case in most places. As for disrespecting your dad I never did that I just clarify the truth of the matter as so many onlookers will take your words as the truth. As for using trickery and deception Osun people knows better. Last but not the least the Muslims committing heinous crimes are doing so based on their flawed understanding of the religion and Muslims scholars as well as rulers are fighting against the renegades both ideologically and militarily. So, onyeiza relax your mind and stop picking offense when non was meant. Izeiza omé vuu I hope you understand this phrase
there is no reason dragging issues with you. well I grow up with a mentality of not just accusing elderly and if you understand my post very well I didn't contradict what you say just highlighted a few point so am right. well what ever you see it as its okay just to end it all.Izeiza one vuu dtx why it's still lingering to my time
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by bashiru640(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2016
Names of 247 Egbura Towns and Villages in Alphabetical order.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list but what I have been able to gather so far. Anyone who has an idea of any town or village that has been omitted, repeated or not spelled correctly will do well by drawing our attention to such.
A
Ababa, Abaji (Igabazi) Achabo, Achara, Adabo, Adabode, Adabohi, Adagima (Adajima) Adamogu, Adangere, Adausu, Adimbeku, Adode, Adodu (Adadu), Aduho, Agaga, Agbba, Agbodo, Agenyezi, , Agitata, Ahere, Ahinza, Ahoko, Ahutara, Akabu, Akpaku, Akpasu, Akoro, Akolo, Akpanya, , Akpanga, Akpari, Akpo, Akpogu, Anyazi, Arikazi, Arapo, Aseni, Atako, , Atakpa , Autara, Avuya, Awhouri
B
Bezte, Biroko (Ibiroko), Boboro
C
Chakariku, Chikara
D
Dausu, Dogon-dutse
E
Ebete, Edara, Edeha, Edere, Edegaki , Edekakpo, Edimose, Edudu, Eehaha, Eganuma, , Egbaki, , Egyeha, Ekeleb, Ekpariku, Ekpuruka, Ellenoko, Emani, Enegbachi, Enyezi, Enyise, Enyiusi ,Esikaku, Etagi, Etako, Etegi, , Etoto, Etutu, Ette , Ezono
G
Gamakpara,Ganaja (Iganaza), Gegu-Beki, Gegu_Egba, Girinya (Ogirinya), Gitata
I
idare, Idere, ,Ido, Idu, Iganuma, Igbogo, Igi, Igu (Koton-Karfe), Igwa-Pati, Ihamkpe, Ijiho, Iherenidu, Iherenikwo, Ihyawha, Ikara, Ikumoh, Imozu-ete, Inyori, Iraki, Ireda, , Iregba, Iredeya, Irenodu, Iresenyi, Iresuhugbe, Iribago, Irubozogyi, Itako, Itanahu (Tanahu), Itazenyi, Itu, iyegi, Iyrenokwo, Iziho, , Izono,
J
Jamata

K
kanaworo, Kara, Katubo, kokoto,Kelebe, Kpakpazi, kumarupa, Kuru, kyareku,
M
Manyare, Mozum
N
Nwori, Nyaba, Nyezi
O
Obahu, Oboku, Ochakurede,Oda (Otunchi), Odama,Odama-Iruku, Odenyi, Odu-akpa, Odumose, Ogande, Ogase, Ogate, Ogba, Ogbagidigbo, Ogbangede , Ogbonka, Ogbonzayi, Ogbendu, Ogbere, Ogbongboro, Ogbokunu, Ogu, Ogye (Toto), Ogya, Ohegye, Ohere, Oherehu(Umaisha) Ohimozo, Ohizi,Ohuma, Ohwa, Okaita, Okanga, Okangba, Okase, Okasemiya, Okatakpa, Okatubo, Okenyihu, Okete, Okobi, Okofi, Okokoto, Okuru, Ohege, Okpaka, Okparekye, Okpodo, Okpozogi, Okpwuseki, Okuru, Okusa, Okuwa, Okwa, Okwo, Okya, Okya-Okuku, Okya-Owa, Omatani, Omara, Omoko, Omoku, Onyaba, Onyimowa, Onzo, Opanda, Ordumi,Orehi, Oreza, Oribago, Orobomi,Oromun, Orudu,OSEWU, Osewu-owa, Osoku, Osuku,Otondo, Otudu-uku, Otenise, Owara, Oyanba, Ozahi, , Ozenikukatakpa, Ozi, Ozinaku,Ozireku, Ozono, Ozugbe
P
Papaze, Panda, Pati
R
Rebochi, Ribago, Robomi
S

Sensenyi, Shege, Sheriya, Sofiyo (Shafa Abakpa), Shafa Egbura
T
Tanahu, Tazenyi, Tuturu,
U
Ugwo, Ugbaka, Ugya, Uhono, Uhwa (Angara), Uhyana, Umozu, Urakpami, Utu, Uwah
Z
Zagana, Zainaku,
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Sugahylz(f): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2017
Nice post.
But can someone write on their culture? custom and traditions? Do they support tribal marriage?
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Amoto94(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sugahylz:
Nice post.
But can someone write on their culture? custom and traditions? Do they support tribal marriage?
Yes but not all are in support.
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Sugahylz(f): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
Amoto94:
Yes but not all are in support.
Really? Pls throw more light
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Amoto94(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sugahylz:

Really? Pls throw more light
Some families have no problem with interethnic marriages while some will complain about it but in most cases such families do succumb to the wishes of their child.
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Sugahylz(f): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Amoto94:
Some families have no problem with interethnic marriages while some will complain about it but in most cases such families do succumb to the wishes of their child.

Ok...thanks
Re: History Of Ebira People: Outspoken, Talented And Hardworking People by Amoto94(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sugahylz:

Ok...thanks
You are welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music / List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) / Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.