Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,278 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Just "Do It" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just "Do It" (447 Views)

Just Do It Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just "Do It" by SonofIssachar: 10:53pm On May 13, 2015
By Marion Smith

I was so delighted when I finally memorized the pieces of the armor of God, as Paul tells us about in the Bible (Ephesians 6:11-13). I would put on the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the shoes of peace, and I would pick up the sword of the spirit and the shield of faith.

This entire procedure would take place as I lay in bed each morning. I felt like I was really equipping myself against Satan, and to a certain degree, I was. All my bravado came crashing down one day, as fear of an impending airline flight began to creep into my mind. I have always been afraid to fly, but I thought I had overcome this apprehension, with God’s help.

I wrestled with all the negative thoughts Satan kept placing in my mind, trying to dispel the dread that increasingly crept into my mind and heart. I was still putting on the armor of God each morning, wondering how Satan could get such a hold on me. I asked my prayer partners to pray for me, helping me overcome this unrealistic fear. I was ashamed that I didn't have more faith in God, and that I allowed Satan to grab me like that. Well, the prayers were answered, because my fears were totally destroyed and I really enjoyed my flight.

After I returned home, I began to think about the armor passage in the Bible. It dawned on me – more was needed with some of those pieces of armor that just placement on the body. Take the sword of the spirit (God’s Word). I needed to have the scripture handy-ready to rebuke Satan as he whispered his lies into my ears. And what had I done with the shield I picked up each morning? I guess I must have just grabbed it limply and left it dangling at my side. This shield is made up of my beliefs, and was intended to quench the fiery arrows of Satan. God gave me that shield to USE, quenching those fiery arrows. I needed to pick it up and reject those lies from Satan.

The same is true for the belt of truth. I pray if I am ever tempted to lie or deceive anyone, that belt would just squeeze me tight –getting my attention about living my life God’s way. Also, those shoes of peace - I need to point them down the path of amity when conflicts arise. Yes, I need to put on my armor each morning, but I also need to take these pieces and USE them. Yes, I need to “Just Do It”!

Meditation: Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. – Ephesians 6:11-13

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.
Re: Just "Do It" by Anas09: 5:23pm On May 15, 2015
God help us to always just do it.

1 Like

Re: Just "Do It" by SonofIssachar: 12:52am On May 16, 2015
Amen.

Anas09:
God help us to always just do it.

(1) (Reply)

Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian / Who Is The President Of Barak Obama? / Bar Govt Officials From Flying First Class, Catholics Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.