Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Just Do It Right - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just Do It Right (321 Views)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just Do It Right by kpakpandoN(m): 6:08am On Jul 29, 2016
A good nunber of people confuse service for God's approval or acceptance. It will be profitable for people, particularly chidren of God, to understand that it is one thing to engage in the service of God and it is another thing for God to accept your service. The simple message for today is - "just do it right, and God will accept you and your service". The Bible says:
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."
Romans 12:1

In 1 Samuel 15:16-23, we read of the first king in Israel who put sacrifice over and above being obedient to God and His Word. God told king Saul to go and utterly destroy the Amalekites and everything they possessed; from the king to the least of the beasts. However, Saul went, fought and won the battle, but failed to carry out God's instruction to the letter. When he was cross-examined by Prophet Samuel, he had the effrontery to tell Samuel that he had done what God asked him to do, except the spoil of sheep and oxen which he took to use as sacrifice to the Lord. This unfortunately cost him his throne. Samuel said:
"...Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."
1 Samuel 15:22

There is a great lesson we should learn from the story of king Saul and the assignment he was given to fight the Amalekites. Some people seem to be more spiritual than the Holy Spirit when you consider the way they claim to know everything about the ways of God. It is not unlikely that king Saul felt it would be a waste of resources by totally destroying the material resources in Amalek. It is also not unlikely that he felt it will be an act of wickedness on the part of God to have asked him to kill the king, Agag. Beloved, there are many types of Amalekites and king Agags that God will want us to get rid of in our life. The Bible lists some things that we must do away with in Galatians 5:19-21
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelling, and such like.."

Some so-called workers in the Church are still harbouring these things that we are to get rid of, yet they are 'zealously' working for God. It is unfortunate that their labour attract no reward. Jesus said that on that day, they will come and say:
"We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are, depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."
Luke 13:26-27
May this not be your portion in Jesus' name. Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Attempt To Communicate With The Dead? / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Improving Your Self Esteem (part 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.