Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

How To Update My Bios - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Update My Bios (2709 Views)

Windows 10 Request I Update My Bios. / Hw Do I Unlock My Toshiba.coz I Av Passworded My Bios / How Do I Reset My Bios Setup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Update My Bios by makawhy1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2006
Can anyone tell me how to update my BIOS configuration with a flash drive.
Re: How To Update My Bios by hayprof(m): 7:16am On Sep 16, 2006
Can anyone tell me how to update my BIOS configuration with a flash drive

What Exactly Do u Mean?
Do u want to Update ur pc BIOS or ur Flashdrive's?
Re: How To Update My Bios by makawhy1(m): 10:25am On Sep 16, 2006
i mean i want to know how to flash drive my pc bios, it seems its is outdated,
Re: How To Update My Bios by hayprof(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2006
i mean i want to know how to flash drive my pc bios, it seems its is outdated,

Seriously. I dont get you sad
Well, may be i dont even know wot u talking about lipsrsealed
Re: How To Update My Bios by makawhy1(m): 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2006
ok, let me explain myself, i have system which its bios can not detect some new hadware. so when i browse the net, i discovered that i can reprogram my bios using the third party program, by yhis i will have to earse the the old one and downlond the updated version of the board and the bios model,before i can use it it is called flashing, but the explanation given to me is not clear enough, i anyone can help me out
Re: How To Update My Bios by hayprof(m): 11:50pm On Sep 16, 2006
i have system which its bios can not detect some new hadware.

I Get U there.

i discovered that i can reprogram my bios

I think Thats calld BIOS Upgrade! I did one for me pc not long Ago.
So If u wanna to do for ur pc u will need to get in touch with the manufaturer[of ur pc]
They will provide u with the Upgrade Link If One Is Available,
I got mine frm the Hp Site U mite wanna do dat too! wink

OK? cool
Re: How To Update My Bios by goodguy(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2006
maka_why,

Funny enough, I was just searching for this same thing 2 days ago.  I also want to update my PC BIOS, though I'm yet to do that.

Please note that you cannot update your BIOS with a flash drive (unless you have the software inside your flash drive), and you cannot flashdrive your PC BIOS. grin

You seem to be confused with the terms being used here.  I'll explain. 

Actually, there are two types of motherboard ROM chips.  The Mask-ROM and the Flash-ROM.  The Mask-ROM cannot be upgraded with software, but the Flash-ROM can.  Therefore, you can only update your motherboard BIOS by downloading and installing programs, if it has a Flash-ROM chip (most modern motherboards do, anyway).

I guess what you really want to know is how you can upgrade your BIOS by software.  Well, first things first, you should know your motherboard manufacturer, motherboard model, and your BIOS manufacturer.  Then all other things shall be made available to you.  If you do not want to go through the whole process of checking your BIOS manufaturer, the date and serial during POST (i.e. while your PC is just booting); as well as the stress of deciphering the codes of the serials, then you should download either Sandra, EVEREST, or Hwinfo32.  I recommend EVEREST because it also gives you a direct link to download your motherboard BIOS, unlike the others.  Download EVEREST here:  http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=3&lang=en

Check this page to see how EVEREST works: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/236/3

See this site for more info:  http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/33 (Go through all the 7 pages).

I hope this helps.
Re: How To Update My Bios by Bossman(m): 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2006
Just make sure you update it with the most appropriate one. I have heard of horror stories. You use the wrong thing and your motherboard can get fried!
Re: How To Update My Bios by goodguy(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2006
Exactly! More reason why he should get EVEREST!

(1) (Reply)

My Omatek Laptop Loss Sound After I Have Formated It / Which Is The Latest Computer Processor. / Introducing...the NEW Imose Zedon X3 14 Inch Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.