Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Buhari: I Have No Preferred Candidate For Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Have No Preferred Candidate For Senate President (400 Views)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Have No Preferred Candidate For Senate President by teeebugs: 5:50am On May 14, 2015
The president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) yesterday declared that he does not have any preferred candidate for the position of Senate president, stating that he was willing to work with any Senate leadership irrespective of their geo-political origin.

In a statement released in Abuja yesterday by Mallam Garba Shehu, General Buhari described as false the insinuations in the media that he was in support of a particular senator’s emergence as leader of the Senate or that he belonged to any camp pushing for the emergence of an aspirant from a particular part of the country.

“I am prepared to work with any leaders that the House or Senate selects,” General Buhari said. “It doesn’t matter who the person is or where he or she is from.”

He added that the insinuations were probably borne out of people’s expectations based on the way things happened in the past, but he reminded Nigerians this time was a period of change

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/buhari-i-have-no-preferred-candidate-for-senate-president/
Re: Buhari: I Have No Preferred Candidate For Senate President by madridguy(m): 6:05am On May 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari: I Have No Preferred Candidate For Senate President by bewla(m): 6:22am On May 14, 2015
yes u must have and it must b Bukola saraki or else na pure water
Re: Buhari: I Have No Preferred Candidate For Senate President by Jadonaldson(m): 6:30am On May 14, 2015
Bleep d guy above me u just booked my space

(1) (Reply)

House Speaker: We’ve Not Endorsed Any Candidate-pdp Reps / Do You Like New Crystal Clear Silicone Case For Iphone 6 & 6 Plus ? / Governor Fayose Meets With Aggrieved Ekiti APC Lawmakers In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.