Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students (20604 Views)

9 Success Tips For Poor Students Who Desire Academic Excellence / Must Read!! The Easiest Way Out For Broke (poor) Students / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by mubarak89(m): 6:38am On May 14, 2015

The lifestyle of students across the varying campuses in Nigeria depicts a close to perfect picture of the gap between the haves and the have-nots in the country. Students from rich homes often appear to have no worries, they look ‘cleaner’, use the latest phones, eat at the best eateries and always have money to buy all the required study materials and textbooks. On the other hand, the broke (poor/not financially strong) students struggle through every semester especially at month ends; often not having enough cash, so they only buy study materials for courses that are ‘life-threatening’.

Now, what should be the proper response of broke students? Should broke students attempt to alter their financial state or just endure and struggle their way through school? (Have in mind that your financial condition might not change even after graduation).

From personal experience, the only way out for broke students in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions is this:

Do Something.

Students who hate being broke must stop wishing, dreaming or even praying for a better student life (in terms of their finances) while folding their arms.

Do something today to initiate change or do nothing and remain the same.

How do you ‘Do Something’?

As a student, the main reason for which you are in school is to study and not to hustle. Therefore, you must not neglect your books in pursuit of money- this is something student-hustlers must understand. There has got to be balance.

Having said that, here is how you can ‘Do Something’ in your quest to stop being broke:

1. Start with your mindset

Winning any ‘battle’ begins in the mind. Adapt the mindset of winners; say to yourself: “I can do anything I set my mind to do”. Accept that your broke student-life can be fixed and that whatever you will do MUST NOT negatively affect your academics.

2. Appraise yourself and identify any skill you have – any skill at all

Do you have any skill? Can you style hair? Can you sew? Is there anything or something you know how to do?

Can you teach?

3. Monetize your skill

No one should answer ‘No’ to the last question in point number 2.

My elder brother had one time printed and made photocopies of a notice that read: “Get a Home Lesson Teacher for your Precious Kids. Call 080xxxxxxxx (his phone number)” and pasted them around the senior staff quarters.

Count 2 weeks later, he had started helping 8 primary school pupils with their assignments. He worked 3 hours every working day at the rate of 5,000 naira per month for each child.

What will you do with an extra 8 x 5,000=40,000 naira every month?

Please note that our aim at this point is not to be as rich as Dangote but to stop being broke: to be able to buy handouts, textbooks and eat well; because we need those in order to graduate well.

Source: http://graduatewell.com/article/b8bc5b524a70f7e1fc766ae5970578b6 for details

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by ibrokola(m): 6:49am On May 14, 2015
So true. Using one's initiative and opportunities that come by has always proven to be the best way to beat poverty!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by bamidelemoses: 7:24am On May 14, 2015
The only way out
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Nobody: 7:39am On May 14, 2015
this is what people don't understand.. I attend CU... but you should see the amount of student owned businesses thriving here..

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Bigdreams(m): 7:51am On May 14, 2015
It is good to learn how to fend for one's self.

Check the image below and go to the link therein:

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Pheals(f): 8:00am On May 14, 2015
bamidelemoses:
The only way out
only one way or u are looking for money doubling joko si bee
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by mubarak89(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2015
feran14:
this is what people don't understand.. I attend CU... but you should see the amount of student owned businesses thriving here..

That's so true. And we need to have more students owning businesses as opposed to just complaining.

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by imsuboi(m): 8:48am On May 14, 2015
OP, God bless you cry
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by asumo12: 8:57am On May 14, 2015
Hmmmm

Change everywhere I go
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by digitsolution: 8:57am On May 14, 2015
feran14:

What kind of businesses can you be specific please?
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Nobody: 9:00am On May 14, 2015
digitsolution:

What kind of businesses can you be specific please?

clothing, sales of gadgets, printing presses.. fixing laptops, photography,and the sorts

2 Likes

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by mubarak89(m): 9:43am On May 14, 2015
lalasticlala:
Op put the direct link to the source that will Lead to the topic...thanks
Alright boss.
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by jejemanito: 9:46am On May 14, 2015
l.alasticlala:
Op put the direct link to the source that will Lead to the topic...thanks
^^^
If this thread don't hit FP i will trek from Lagos to Chad!!
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Horizona001(m): 10:06am On May 14, 2015
Not just about your books and sleepless nights. nice post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by buchito1(m): 10:33am On May 14, 2015
1960 bet!!! The only way out!! Helping boys since 180BC
Stake and be a boss like me smiley

6 Likes

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by mubarak89(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2015
lalasticlala:

I followed the link but I didn't see the article there. I just saw other things.

Sorry. Had missed something. Modified it.

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by ERCROSS(m): 11:13am On May 14, 2015
o.p
Where is Bet 1960 and d likes...

2 Likes

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Nobody: 11:17am On May 14, 2015
buchito1:

I pray 1960bet chop your school fees. Then you go wise up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Tbillz(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2015
it actually pays to work hard. Don't miss your target of graduating with good grades while in the pursuit of happine££. ............life cannot be fair to everyone so also bet9ja and 1960bets#playsafe

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Nobody: 11:17am On May 14, 2015
buchito1:

Lwkmd... Yaba left won't accept you...
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Nobody: 11:18am On May 14, 2015
mistypiper:

I pray 1960bet chop your school fees. Then you go wise up.

Freedom of being broke...
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by greall12(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2015
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by Nobody: 11:20am On May 14, 2015
hope ur making use of those advices above

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by fpeter(f): 11:21am On May 14, 2015
It would be nice for the ladies to learn how to make hair and fix nails and lashes.

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by AnneMomoh: 11:23am On May 14, 2015
Nice tips

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by agarawu23(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by joystickextendr: 11:25am On May 14, 2015
hmm okay

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: The Easiest Way Out For Broke (Poor) Students by mcdokwe(m): 11:26am On May 14, 2015
market for Laptops Andstuffs in your school, it is that easy and that is how I helped myself through school even though my parents paid my main fees, recharge card, flexing and clothing money were all on me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? / Alaafin Of Oyo Is The Chancellor Of University Of Maiduguri / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.