Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari (3020 Views)

Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu / Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by BlackTechnology: 9:27am On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

We did because we know the northern oligarchy if they change Buhari to an ethic president,it will only last four years.

What makes you think Tinubu cannot align with PDP again, remember Jonathan offered him VP in an interim government.

Finally you got to know this: the real cabal are the voters. this is not 1970.

But still the writer only made some predictions and sounded a note of caution that Yorubas should not see this as we against them grin but to put national interest before personal interest
mcquin:

I respect your civility in approaching issues but Igbos also should have thought of Nigeria before putting their interest(which I didn't even see GEJ working on) 1st. Voting straight jacketed for one of Naija's worse leaders in the name of "he is our brother"; "he bears Nnamdi" was totally wrong.
Igbos forgot the impunity, corruption, subsidy scam, University strikes, Immigration scam, Boko Haram et al and voted like Jonathan is Mandela. They even supported "Buhari's death" campaign.
My guy before advicing Yoruba's on patriotism, advice the Igbos. My brother note strongly i'm not a Yoruba but Efik; I hate to see naija to tribal lense.
theV0ice:

Do the elite in igboland dictate what you believe and how you run your life?

You still do not get the writer's view

His point is this

If the North seeks to hold power for a little longer, they just have to dump the SW for the SS/SE which will leave you guys in the cold.

Imagine the North in 2023, presenting their son with a SE/SS VP whom have being promised presidency.

Do you think the SS/SE will support a SW presidency 2023

Wake up

1979 and 1983 is repeating itself

Ask

Awolowo. grin
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by mcquin(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

According to the writer, yorubas should not see this a Yoruba thing rather as a Nigeria movement.

He made some assertions that are outrighly wrong, an instance is that the north could keep power in the north, that is not possible.

But in the last paragraph he said Yorubas should approach this and do things in the interest of all Nigerians.

In all I agree with you, we should let politics play out. Buhari has not been sworn in and we already have some many opinion of what will happen in the future

I respect your civility in approaching issues but Igbos also should have thought of Nigeria before putting their interest(which I didn't even see GEJ working on) 1st. Voting straight jacketed for one of Naija's worse leaders in the name of "he is our brother"; "he bears Nnamdi" was totally wrong.
Igbos forgot the impunity, corruption, subsidy scam, University strikes, Immigration scam, Boko Haram et al and voted like Jonathan is Mandela. They even supported "Buhari's death" campaign.

My guy before advicing Yoruba's on patriotism, advice the Igbos. My brother note strongly i'm not a Yoruba but Efik; I hate to see naija through tribal lense.

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by after1: 9:37am On May 14, 2015
[s]
BlackTechnology:
Olodos

The author na Yoruba.

Buhari

Shine your eyes where Yorubas dey

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Service which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

Remember that your ancestors never allowed the Oduduwas deceive them

WISE UP wink wink wink cool
[/s]

This ediot keep spamming nairaland with his stupidity. Yet your tribe has been dumped to the dustbin, fools screaming gej till 2019 now crying for Biafra. Mumu

3 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 9:38am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

His point is this

If the North seeks to hold power for a little longer, they just have to dump the SW for the SS/SE which will leave you guys in the cold.

Imagine the North in 2023, presenting their son with a SE/SS VP whom have being promised presidency ( On which platform pls)

Do you think the SS/SE will support a SW presidency 2023 (And what if the APC presents a Northern candidate then, what make you think the north will keep its words to SS/SE if there is another Northern candidate to select when its your turn, or do you think the SW will also support you when it can also present a strong northern candidate)

Wake up ( Your hate for SW is affecting your judgement, a good strategist don't work on the best scenario but rather we look at the worst scenario)

1979 and 1983 is repeating itself ( There is no reptiton here, rather if you are referring the the North using the SE to undermine the SW,then I agree with you grin

Ask

Awolowo. grin
( I think Ojukwu is in a better position to be asked this question on northern dominance)

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by BlackTechnology: 9:41am On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind

After1

NewNigeriaMind:
( I think Ojukwu is in a better position to be asked this question on northern dominance)
after1:
[s][/s]
This ediot keep spamming nairaland with his stupidity. Yet your tribe has been dumped to the dustbin, fools screaming gej till 2019 now crying for Biafra. Mumu
mcquin:

My guy before advicing Yoruba's on patriotism, advice the Igbos. My brother note strongly i'm not a Yoruba but Efik; I hate to see naija through tribal lense.

Go and study the 1979 and 1983 election

Ask yourself why Awolowo lost the election

Wise politics is not about the present but the future

That's why the North praised the treacherous APC SE members in order to get their future support

The North understands this

If Awolowo had avoided confronting the Igbos during and after the war, and had helped revived the Igbo economy, Do you think a mere Shagari would have won.?
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by Ralphlauren(m): 9:51am On May 14, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy why not my friend, why not??

Even if we can get honest expatriates to help us run Nigeria to make it work again, why freaking not?

Let GMB appoint only katsina indigenes if he likes, as long as the country wakes up again and gej remains in otuoke, he should go ahead

the head of the bank of England is a Canadian that was headhunted all the way from Canada by the British government.

they looked beyond all the great 'economists' in UK and Europe to bring someone all the way from Canada to resolve the economic mess Britain was in thanks to the recession.

there was a lot of noise from the media on why britain had to go all the way to Canada to get a boss for its regulatory bank but today that Canadian is majorly responsible for the post-recession growth and boom we are experiencing in the british economy today.

i hope buhari does the same thing. if it requires the wisdom and expertise of foreigners to fix nigeria's problems, so be it !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by docsholz(m): 9:55am On May 14, 2015
It can't be any worse than Jonathan the ethnic president

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by theV0ice: 10:06am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

His point is this

Imagine the North in 2023, presenting their son with a SE/SS VP whom have being promised presidency.

Wake up

Ask

Awolowo. grin

Which is more valuable to you? A country where youths are employed and we don't have to drop dead queuing for fuel or a sick country with all problems but you having the consolation of an Igbo man preside over the mess? Of course the answer is yes for you otherwise you wouldn't have kept on supporting gej despite the fact he's been an unmitigated disaster and failure

GMB should appoint igbo as finance, works, justice ministers if he so wishes (I even have good suggestions for the 3 offices)....its immaterial to me. A country where my children grow in plenty and security is INFINITELY MORE IMPORTANT to folks like me.

GMB should bring a Ghanaian VP in 2019 if he likes, the realities of a failed Nigeria is more pertinent than stupid and childish tribal considerations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by after1: 10:07am On May 14, 2015
[s]
BlackTechnology:
NewNigeriaMind

After1

Wise politics is not about the present but the future

That's why the North praised the treacherous APC SE members in order to get their future support

The North understands this

If Awolowo had avoided confronting the Igbos during and after the war, and had helped revived the Igbo economy, Do you think a mere Shagari would have won.?
[/s]

Yeeboe fool, shed more tears abeg. You must cry till 2023. Go and ask the worthless runaway warlord ojuiku in his cursed grave. He will answer you.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by BlackTechnology: 10:11am On May 14, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Yeeboe fool, shed more tears abeg. You must cry till 2023. Go and ask the worthless runaway warlord ojuiku in his cursed grave. He will answer you.

Remember 1979 and 1983 elections

Ask Awo why he lost grin
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by theV0ice: 10:43am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Remember 1979 and 1983 elections

Ask Awo why he lost grin

Awo losing is very inconsequential.....gej presidency with NOTHING for bayelsans to show as benefit is proof. 5 Igbo senate presidents in this fourth republic is ample proof that it matters not where the leader comes from....

Good governance is the indispensable thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 10:44am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:
NewNigeriaMind

After1

Wise politics is not about the present but the future ( We are all students of history bro, you cannot win all the time)

That's why the North praised the treacherous APC SE members in order to get their future support ( But the North also praised the SW leaders, in fact Buhari speech when he accepted his certificate of return was all praises for Tinubu, also remember what wife said about Tinubu support. Now note these, 1 the article is based on an assumption that the North will hijack Buhari, that has not happened yet, like I said the SW always plan using the worst scenario. 2 On the future, APC is 50% SW owned, if the union wouldnt work for SW anymore, hope you know in that case there will no more APC and the people will have to create a new platform grin

The North understands this ( the north understand one thing, as long as the SW.SS and SE are not working together they will always win. Do you think Jonathan would have win PDP primaries in his own in 2011 without Obasanjo, please take time to go read and watch the primaries of pdp in 2011 and tell me what you think. that's why I laughed when people ask jona to relegate OBJ telling him he can do it on its own, we all know where that led Jonathan don't we grin Answer this honestly and here we are the same people that misled Jonathan to leave OBJ are on their kneels begging OBJ to come back to rebuild pdp, have you wondered by they are still begging OBJ cheesy, when you reason from a humble position and not from arrogance it will become clearer. He who fails to learn from history will always repeat mistakes, just as some people are telling Buhari to leave Tinubu now, I don't need to tell you what will be the outcome cheesy)

( In all fairness I don't know how you can still accuse the sage of anything here, he did what he had to do for the survival of his people, sorry no apologies for that. Also that's for admitting that the SE TEAMING UP WITH SHAGARI WHILE REJECTING OFFER FROM AWOLOWO IS THE SE ON A VENDETTA, good thing you said, those who forgrt history will live to make the same mistakes, what the SE DID THEN IS WHAT THE SE plans to do now, and we all know where it lead the SE cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 10:47am On May 14, 2015
theV0ice:

Which is more valuable to you? A country where youths are employed and we don't have to drop dead queuing for fuel or a sick country with all problems but you having the consolation of an Igbo man preside over the mess? Of course the answer is yes for you otherwise you wouldn't have kept on supporting gej despite the fact he's been an unmitigated disaster and failure

GMB should appoint igbo as finance, works, justice ministers if he so wishes (I even have good suggestions for the 3 offices)....its immaterial to me. A country where my children grow in plenty and security is INFINITELY MORE IMPORTANT to folks like me.

GMB should bring a Ghanaian VP in 2019 if he likes, the realities of a failed Nigeria is more pertinent than stupid and childish tribal considerations

God bless you.

Like someone said on channels yesterday, if Buhari lives he can appoint all his ministers from Duara is village. As long as those appointed do their job and electricity is constant, no more long queue, educational standard improves and their prosperity for all, they can carry go cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by BlackTechnology: 10:49am On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
( In all fairness I don't know how you can still accuse the sage of anything here, he did what he had to do for the survival of his people, sorry no apologies for that. Also that's for admitting that the SE TEAMING UP WITH SHAGARI WHILE REJECTING OFFER FROM AWOLOWO IS THE SE ON A VENDETTA, good thing you said, those who forgrt history will live to make the same mistakes, what the SE DID THEN IS WHAT THE SE plans to do now, and we all know where it lead the SE cheesy

Let me open your eyes to other things Yorubas overlooked

By the time the all South agrees to take back power from the North, which region do you think will be given the power.?

Yoruba = ×

Niger Delta= ×

Igbo= √

Wise politicians look at the future and not the present. wink
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by theV0ice: 10:49am On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

God bless you.

Like someone said on channels yesterday, if Buhari lives he can appoint all his ministers from Duara is village. As long as those appointed do their job and electricity is constant, no more long queue, educational standard improves and their prosperity for all, they can carry go cheesy

The clueless, hateful and bitter do not know this
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by theV0ice: 10:52am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

By the time the all South agrees to take back power from the North, which region do you think will be given the power.?

Yoruba = ×

Niger Delta= ×

Igbo= √

No problems....Igbo can have presidency and VP in 2019 if they wish and if they can.....

The fact and reality for now is that GMB whom you despise is going to rule over all Nigeria including Igbo till 2019.

The best you can do is pray for good governance and the worst you can do is choke on your hate, bitterness and sorrows.

The choice is yours

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by BlackTechnology: 10:52am On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

God bless you.

What is your view on NPA directorship yesterday
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by theV0ice: 10:57am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

What is your view on NPA directorship yesterday

What is your view on the pro chancellor and chairman of council of university of Nigeria Nsukka?
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by mcquin(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

His point is this

Wake up

Ask

Awolowo. grin

Simple wait till that time and stop assuming for the North Mr Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe.

1 Like

Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 12:11pm On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Yoruba = ×

Niger Delta= ×

Igbo= √

I like the fact that you said all south grin which means the SW will play a crucial role in the realization of this dream.

I remember advising our Igbo brothers on this forum to stop saying SW betrayed the south because the vote in the SW was a split and there are still a lot of Yorubas who voted Jonathan going by the margins. which means the south west voted based on issues. Also, I asked you if you think Jonathan would have lost if he had carried the south west along in his government and you didn't answer, most importantly Jonathan wouldn't have lost if he had performed and improve things.

Yes, Okorocha was hinted that the APC is mostly likely going to zone the PRESIDENCY to the SE after Buhari, this is the mindset of the Tinubu you all dislike so much because of Jonathan.

Also, in the last 16 of democracy, the SW had ruled 8 YEARS and the remaining was shared between the SS and the North. Its only natural APC zone it to the SE.

However with your attitudes online and offline, te stance your leaders and talking and your bad mouthing of Tinubu, how do you want to realize this ambition?

So between us, who is really considering the future and thinking ahead.

By your comment and the actions of SE politicians, it will appear non of them is smart except of course Rochas the Iroko of the SE
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 12:17pm On May 14, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Yoruba = ×

Niger Delta= ×

Igbo= √

In fact if the SE is serious about this, they have to work for it cause nobody, I repeat nobody will give you on a platter of gold, you better start forming alliances and building bridges with the other regions. Your best bet is get the SW and NC on your side. But you are all busy creating enemies for yourselves.

In fact if actions are anything to go by, the SE IN THE PAST 4 MONTHS AS BEEN ACTING IN REVERSE TO ACTUALIZATION OF THEIR DREAM. YOU WILL ALL SEE REASON WITH OKOROCHA
Re: Why The Yoruba May Lose Out Under Buhari by BlackTechnology: 4:02pm On May 14, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I like the fact that you said all south grin which means the SW will play a crucial role in the realization of this dream.

I remember advising our Igbo brothers on this forum to stop saying SW betrayed the south because the vote in the SW was a split and there are still a lot of Yorubas who voted Jonathan going by the margins. which means the south west voted based on issues. Also, I asked you if you think Jonathan would have lost if he had carried the south west along in his government and you didn't answer, most importantly Jonathan wouldn't have lost if he had performed and improve things.

Yes, Okorocha was hinted that the APC is mostly likely going to zone the PRESIDENCY to the SE after Buhari, this is the mindset of the Tinubu you all dislike so much because of Jonathan.

Also, in the last 16 of democracy, the SW had ruled 8 YEARS and the remaining was shared between the SS and the North. Its only natural APC zone it to the SE.

However with your attitudes online and offline, te stance your leaders and talking and your bad mouthing of Tinubu, how do you want to realize this ambition?

So between us, who is really considering the future and thinking ahead.

By your comment and the actions of SE politicians, it will appear non of them is smart except of course Rochas the Iroko of the SE

You still miss the point

By the time the all South is tired of Northern presidency, SW SE and SS will collect the power and give to the SE

Remember 1999 compensation of SW grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Touching Post From Niger Delta Republic Facebook Page / An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! / Photo: When Aregbesola Finally Pays Your Salaries After Three Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.