Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger (2960 Views)

Delta Government Building Mechanic Village, Auto Spare Parts Market In Asaba / Solomon Dalung Turns Mechanic After His Car Developed Fault While Traveling.PICS / Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by talktimi(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2015
By Vincent Ujumadu

AWKA — THE old spare parts market at Nkpor, near the commercial city of Onitsha, has virtually turned into a Mecca of sort following the completion of a dredging machine which cost about N10 million by a motor mechanic in the area, Mr. David Ezenwa. The equipment, which took five months to complete has been transported to Aguleri water-front in Anambra East local government area where it is expected to be put to use soon, Ezenwa’s workshop at No 5 Awgbu street, Nkpor was the cynosure of all eyes as people gathered to admire the equipment because of its size and sophistication.

Dredging-machine-fabricated

Materials that formed the major components of the equipment include a 12mm metallic pan, 10 inch sand sorting pump, 10 cylinders Mercedes Benz engine, self loader sand sucking pump, blaster pump which helps to soften the sand, a sand cutter, another four cylinders 608 Mercedez Benz engine for the pump, a dashboard for electrical indication and pipes that carry the sand from the water to its place of deposit.

On completion, the equipment is almost the size of a small bridge. Ezenwa, who is from Abatete in Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra State, said his interest in fabrication started when he was young which was why he became a motor mechanic after leaving school.

He said: “I have a friend who is an engineer and is into machine fabrication and he advised me to go into equipment construction because he discovered that I am talented in the area.

On my own, I started assembling the materials after designing it. I developed interest in the dredging machine after seeing one in operation and determined that I would build it. “Despite the high cost, I picked up courage and started it in December, 2014 and completed it in May, 2015. The machine has been tested and proved to be in perfect working condition and arrangement has been completed for it to be mounted on the bank of Omambala River in Aguleri where it will be used for sand dredging.”

The dredging machine, Ezenwa said, has a pumping capacity of 300 trips of sand per day and has a discharging capacity of over 800 meters from the river bank where trucks can load the sands to various destinations. Though Ezenwa said he did not borrow money to complete the equipment, he explained that he could mass produce it if he was able to get financial assistance from government or financial institutions.

According to him, financing the project was very difficult, adding that although some people had made inquiries about the cost for me to build the machine for them, they were discouraged by the enormous cost. “All these while, many people who came to this workshop were wondering what I was doing, but I am happy that despite the initial hiccups, we have been able to complete it to the glory of God,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/anambra-based-mechanic-fabricates-n10m-dredging-equipment/

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by winetapper: 12:16pm On May 14, 2015
sor far it would bring money..

Igbo man is involved..grin

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Kemy11(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2015
FS
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 14, 2015
Good job...
Unto the next one..
No dulling.
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by lawflec(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2015
hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmg.congrates ooo
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:42pm On May 14, 2015
undecided
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by talktimi(m): 1:23pm On May 14, 2015
This will be extremely beneficial for those engaged in dredging business but are frightened by the high cost of equipment. The man should be encouraged

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:39pm On May 14, 2015
Innovations are on the rise somewhere in real life while most of you youths are here 24/7 jumping from one thread to another either engaging in tribalism/bigotry or to obfuscate facts when in essence your level of exposure and understanding is beneath the subject of the thread being discussed.

It is unfortunate that some think it's necessary to state your opinion or contribute something for or against issues beyond your intellectual capacity and experience.

Doing something differently is a sure bet to expanding ingenuity, just like the young man, Ezenwa has done.

Learn to moderate your life, temperament and more especially your time. Social media is a great distraction to many ambitions in real life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by ahaz: 2:18pm On May 14, 2015
talktimi:
By Vincent Ujumadu

AWKA — THE old spare parts market at Nkpor, near the commercial city of Onitsha, has virtually turned into a Mecca of sort following the completion of a dredging machine which cost about N10 million by a motor mechanic in the area, Mr. David Ezenwa. The equipment, which took five months to complete has been transported to Aguleri water-front in Anambra East local government area where it is expected to be put to use soon, Ezenwa’s workshop at No 5 Awgbu street, Nkpor was the cynosure of all eyes as people gathered to admire the equipment because of its size and sophistication.

Materials that formed the major components of the equipment include a 12mm metallic pan, 10 inch sand sorting pump, 10 cylinders Mercedes Benz engine, self loader sand sucking pump, blaster pump which helps to soften the sand, a sand cutter, another four cylinders 608 Mercedez Benz engine for the pump, a dashboard for electrical indication and pipes that carry the sand from the water to its place of deposit.

On completion, the equipment is almost the size of a small bridge. Ezenwa, who is from Abatete in Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra State, said his interest in fabrication started when he was young which was why he became a motor mechanic after leaving school.

He said: “I have a friend who is an engineer and is into machine fabrication and he advised me to go into equipment construction because he discovered that I am talented in the area.

On my own, I started assembling the materials after designing it. I developed interest in the dredging machine after seeing one in operation and determined that I would build it. “Despite the high cost, I picked up courage and started it in December, 2014 and completed it in May, 2015. The machine has been tested and proved to be in perfect working condition and arrangement has been completed for it to be mounted on the bank of Omambala River in Aguleri where it will be used for sand dredging.”

The dredging machine, Ezenwa said, has a pumping capacity of 300 trips of sand per day and has a discharging capacity of over 800 meters from the river bank where trucks can load the sands to various destinations. Though Ezenwa said he did not borrow money to complete the equipment, he explained that he could mass produce it if he was able to get financial assistance from government or financial institutions.

According to him, financing the project was very difficult, adding that although some people had made inquiries about the cost for me to build the machine for them, they were discouraged by the enormous cost. “All these while, many people who came to this workshop were wondering what I was doing, but I am happy that despite the initial hiccups, we have been able to complete it to the glory of God,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/anambra-based-mechanic-fabricates-n10m-dredging-equipment/
igbos will always make nija proud anytime anyday no matter the propaganda from the oil soup press igbos remain a light to nija

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by nwafuluozoh: 2:19pm On May 14, 2015
Biafra loading. The average Igbo man is a genius. He is blessed above others, doesn’t depend on government handouts, hates being a slave and turns to gold whatever he touches.
Reason the SW serfs are bitter. If the SS withdraws oil money hunger go finish them.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 14, 2015
Omo Igbos and tech crafting its in their nature,

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by teufelein(f): 3:16pm On May 14, 2015
all what you're observing right now in Biafraland are nothing, just wait upon the time we restore the Great Biafra...the year 2015 is a year of destiny.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by lyntiffany(f): 3:21pm On May 14, 2015
unu ebido go kwa ozò ùnú rapun ndia aka biko onweghi ebe órara anyi na ha, ejim na aka nodoro ha anya nke ukwu na anyi ka ha nma but óburo zi nke icho ha okwu.
Biko nu doh doh doh ejim aha chukwu na ayo ya ka anyiyó. grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by FKO81(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2015
Light of the nation always doing what they know how to do best, proud to come from east side.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by talktimi(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2015
This thread wasn't opened for tribal bashings or sentiments, it was meant to showcase the good work of a young Nigerian and encourage others to actualize their potentials too and also to give those in the dredging business an alternative to the expensive equipment they use. Please observe decorum

1 Like

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by superstar1(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2015
Whenever they use the word 'manufacture or fabricate'' one should always be wary.

Na so dem talk say Innoson dey ''manufacture'' vehicles, when he only has an assemblage plant. Kudos to the man though, but people should learn to use the appropriate word for the right communication.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by FKO81(m): 4:00pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:
Whenever they use the word 'manufacture or fabricate'' one should always be wary.

Na so dem talk say Innoson dey ''manufacture'' vehicles, when he only has an assemblage plant. Kudos to the man though, but people should learn to use the appropriate word for the right communication.
Ewu Osun you will die of envy and jealous. Empty brain!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by superstar1(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2015
FKO81:

Ewu Osun you will die of envy and jealous. Empty brain!

Envy ko heavy ni

Jealous ko Jeluxing ni.

What is there to be jealous of? Abeg tell me o. What is wrong in what i said? Is it a lie?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by OYAY(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2015
This should be applauded but complete picture would have give more credence to the thread. Wishing the fabricator more power to his elbow
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by nonnyD: 4:20pm On May 14, 2015
Abannaa no dey carry last
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by havocypie: 6:11pm On May 14, 2015
Pictures please. Nice one! Ekene diri Jesu
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Popemax(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2015
Good work young man...keep d good work going
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Vicotex(m): 6:38pm On May 14, 2015
talktimi:
This thread wasn't opened for tribal bashings or sentiments, it was meant to showcase the good work of a young IGBO man and encourage others to actualize their potentials too and also to give those in the dredging business an alternative to the expensive equipment they use. Please observe decorum
Fixed.

When we do something good, we become Nigerians but if it goes the other way we are "Biafra"
Bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Vicotex(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:

Mumu, which one yoruba people get?
Brown roofs and untidy communites litterd with Shi.t

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by BushidoBlue(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2015
Please avoid tribalistic comments here. The thread is simple. A dredging machine was built and can be put to good use. Nigeria will be great again. Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by superstar1(m): 7:14pm On May 14, 2015
Vicotex:
Mumu, which one yoruba people get?
Brown roofs and untidy communites litterd with Shi.t

Just like Aba and Onitsha.

Do you want to see their pix?
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by OneNaira6: 7:15pm On May 14, 2015
More reasons I support full disintegration. That county is holding igbo potentials back.
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by Vicotex(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:

Just like Aba and Onitsha.
Do you want to see their pix?
You see red colored roofs , u dey call em' brown.
Show me then i show you the kindom of brown roofs in africa.
Soon he go begin dey claim lagos

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by superstar1(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2015
Vicotex:

You see red colored roofs , u dey call em' brown.

Show me then i show you the kindom of brown roofs in africa.

Soon he go begin dey claim lagos

I will show you the red mud of alaigbo

The garbage street of Aba

The dustbin road of Ontisha.

Let me show you your gully eroded land.

He will soon start claiming "Lagos y1bo".
Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by BlackTechnology: 7:32pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:

For once agree sey we get sense pass una for technology

When Biafra stand, we go dey export to odua cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by meforyou1(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:

I will show you the red mud of alaigbo

The garbage street of Aba

The dustbin road of Ontisha.

Let me show you your gully eroded land.

He will soon start claiming "Lagos y1bo".
Common sense you don't have

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Based Mechanic Fabricates 10 Million Naira Dredger by superstar1(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2015
meforyou1:
Common sense you don't have

grin grin grin grin

The same way your pentium 1 vestigial brain needs upgrade.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes / Army Bans Use Of Military Uniforms By Ex-boys Of Military Schools / Very Bad Auto Accident In Ibadan 10 People Died...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.