Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. (4112 Views)

Fornication And Adultery Are Sweet But... / Pope Quit Over Corruption, Gay Sex Scandals / Barack Obama Gay Sex Scandal New Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by chrishenzo: 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2009
In a world where guys/men feel proud of the number of sex they had; where ladies/women are no more ashame to expose their bodies to the world;where being a virgin brings insult to you;where decent dressing are look down on while indecent dressing are welcomed with a thunderous applause, My question is this:-
1. DOES FORNICATION AND GAY SEX HAS EQUAL AMOUNT OF SIN?
2. IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU CRITICIZE THE GAY/LESBIANS. IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO ILLUSTRATE IT.
3. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT SEX IS A SIN, PLEASE TELL ME YOUR REASONS.

Don't forget that we all are learners. Please don't insult someone's view point.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by temi4rea(f): 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
None is ok becos they are just not ok.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by AdamBrody1(m): 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
But King David Fornicated alot in the bible and he is still remembered as the apple of god's eye!

How can you now say none is okay? Are you saying god is wrong?

Be careful with what you say before people say you are engaging in blas-FEMI grin
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by ots: 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ adanbrody
God wil hav mercy on you.i wil advise u to go& read again the story of David very wel and see how sorry he was on each account of any sin against him and how he made sure he didn't go back to them again.

@ POSTER
SIN is SIN .no BIG no SMALL.THE bible says no unclean thing wil get to heaven PERIOD
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by toneyb: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2009
Abraham married his half sister which is incest, what do you guys call that? sin or no sin?
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by bawomolo(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2009
Solomon had hundreds of iyawo's and concubines. Baba God didn't have a problem with that. so fornicate as long as you want.

as for Gay sex, na your business grin
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Image123(m): 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2009
Actually,gay sex/lesbianism is a type of fornication.Its a more despicable form thats why it seems to attract more criticism from people(not necessarily christians).And all fornicators will have their part in the lake of fire.Behold the Judge cometh.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by ow11(m): 10:00pm On Feb 15, 2009
Last time I checked, gay sex is usually done outside marriage and the bible is very explicit about fornication. So reading Paul's letters should solve your puzzle.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by MrCrackles(m): 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2009
None is OK!
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 16, 2009
when i will be on my death bed i will repent for all the fornication and what not i have done that is a sin in your/god's eyes. show me someone who SAYS he has never sinned and i will show you a bloody liar. we all do it, it can be fornicating, stealing or just plain lying.
just be yourself and stop worrying about what others are doing.
I AM A FORNICATOR AND PROUD TO BE, something THAT good cannot be THAT bad. cool, don't do it, that will leave more toto for ME!
I DON'T CONDONE GAY/LESBIAN people as long as they don't force their lifestyle/choices upon me.
do whatever you have to do to make yourself happy. respect others lifestyle/choices as long as it doesn't disrupt yours.
living in an homophobic society, i can understand where you coming from but i wonder what you will if ever your son/daughter will come out GAY?LESBIAN.
i guess you can just blame everything you don't like as "evil"
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by chihums(m): 1:08am On Feb 16, 2009
u are entitled to ur own opinion. none is good. God condemns such acts. we need to and ought to avoid sex outside marriage
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Easypizzy(f): 10:49am On Feb 16, 2009
Sin is sin period! All are not ok.

@MRbrownJAY
when i will be on my death bed i will repent for all the fornication and what not i have done that is a sin in your/god's eye
Who told you you will be in a death bed?.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 16, 2009
Easypizzy:

Sin is sin period!
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by FBS: 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2009
none.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by UNLEASHED(m): 4:14am On Feb 17, 2009
Both
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by oluwdashmi(f): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2009
In a world where guys/men feel proud of the number of sex they had; where ladies/women are no more ashame to expose their bodies to the world;where being a virgin brings insult to you;where decent dressing are look down on while indecent dressing are welcomed with a thunderous applause, My question is this:-
1. DOES FORNICATION AND GAY SEX HAS EQUAL AMOUNT OF SIN?
2. IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU CRITICIZE THE GAY/LESBIANS. IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO ILLUSTRATE IT.
3. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT SEX IS A SIN, PLEASE TELL ME YOUR REASONS.

Don't forget that we all are learners. Please don't insult someone's view point.

@chrishenzo

The arithmetic of God says 'fail in one subject, fail in all'. There is nothing like big or small sin. e.g lieing has the same purnishment with murdering etc.

Gay and Lesbinianism are also sins cos it includes the release of orgasm between same sex. Sex is supposed to be btw the opposite sex gender, if not God wouldn't have created Eve for Adam. Also, the bible says a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife not his friend of the same sex.

Sex is only a sin when it is performed outside wedlock agreement. You can't reffer sex as a sin generally cos we procreate through it.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Stay blessed
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 19, 2009
let me get my 2cents,
ok, lets take your point of view: fornicators/gays are sinners but to my understanding there are no small sins or big sins, a sin is A SIN. you could be a liar, fornicator, adulterer, thief, murderer, rapist, gay, idolater (for all you money loving people in 9jaland) or hater (sin of hating another human being, ironic!!!). a sin IS a sin. jesus once said, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone” (John 8:7)
so since i am sure WE are all sinners, we are not any better or worse than a fornicator/gay person.
so therefore  my answer to your question is that fornicators and gay sex has the equal amount of sin as adulterers, liars, murderers, thieves or whatever sin YOU fall under etc etc,
sex itself is not a sin!!!! one of God's greatest leader, King David (who God called a man"after his own heart"wink, had hundreds of wives and hundreds of unmarried concubines (women kept in the house for the purpose of SEX).  None of these were considered sins.  It is only when David had sex with another man's wife that he committed the sin of adultery.
Adultery is not defined as premarital sex.  It is defined as having sex with a married person.  Nothing is said prohibiting sexual relations between two unmarried people.  In fact, in Leviticus we are given a list of every situation in which we should not have sex.  We're not to have sex with married people, or with family members, or with animals.  We are not prohibited from having sex with an unmarried person who is not in our family. nowhere in the bible does it say that premarital sex is lust (describe in the bible as: after another mans wife as in the Law. Lev. 18:20) impure, immoral or debauchery.
case closed!
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Image123(m): 11:17am On Feb 19, 2009
Brownjay,whores include unmarried people,and whoremongers and whores have the judgement of God hanging on their head.Anyone who is sexually indiscriminate is a LovePeddler,and marriage is honourable in all and the bed undefiled.Case closed
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by khanye(m): 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2009
The two is BAD!!!!
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by busybodi: 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2009
Stupidity and foolishness which one is ok?

The kind.a qstions some pple ask on dis forum,makes me shake my head
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by benedictac(f): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
Both are very bad in the sight of God. The Bible says that these set of people will He wipe out from the face of the earth. As for the fornicators theirs is the lake of fire.

God doesnot hesitate to destroy any one who destroys the temple. Our body is the temple of the Lord.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by benedictac(f): 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2009
Adultery is not defined as premarital sex. It is defined as having sex with a married person. Nothing is said prohibiting sexual relations between two unmarried people. In fact, in Leviticus we are given a list of every situation in which we should not have sex. We're not to have sex with married people, or with family members, or with animals. We are not prohibited from having sex with an unmarried person who is not in our family. nowhere in the bible does it say that premarital sex is lust (describe in the bible as: after another mans wife as in the Law. Lev. 18:20) impure, immoral or debauchery.
case closed!
[quote][/quote]

If u speak this what about the part that says, the marriage is honourable with the bed undefiled.

Pls be very careful not to accept lies from the pit of hell.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by argent(f): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2009
None is ok. Sin is sin whether big or small.

The bible is very clear on fornication so also it is on sex between people of the same sex.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by KunleOshob(m): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2009
argent:

None is ok. Sin is sin whether big or small.

The bible is very clear on fornication so also it is on sex between people of the same sex.
The only problem is most christians don't know the real biblical meaning of fornication as opposed to the english definition.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
@benedictac, well i guess that if i never get married then i am all good, there is NOWHERE in the bible where it says that premarital sex (between 2 single unrelated person) is forbidden.

@ argent, please point me in the right direction and show me WHERE in the bible it says that PREMARITAL SEX IS WRONG.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by busybodi: 2:05am On Feb 20, 2009
Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge

If some of u like,paint the bible upside down,left back,black blue,d truth is fornication and watever is bad
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 20, 2009
read your bible again and understand what is an adulterer, Adultery which biblically was understood by the Hebrews to mean "wrong for a married women to have sex with another man since it violated her husbands property rights". It was never understood to be wrong for a married man since his wife had no such rights. The married man could have as many wives and concubines (breeders) as he wished as long as not married (another man's property). Nothing ever was wrong with singles sexuality.
examples of premarital sex in the bible:
Exodus 22:16 - 17, "If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged, and lies with her, he must pay a dowry for her to be his wife. If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the dowry for virgins."
Deuteronomy 22:28 - 29, "If a man finds a girl who is a virgin, who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her and they are discovered, then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall become his wife because he has violated her; he cannot divorce her all his days."
that IS premarital sex and it is not considered a sin!!!!!!!

You cannot translate word for word what was written in biblical time because then NO WOMAN WOULD HAVE ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER in today's world.
but since you like to take the bible word for word then lets look back at how that same bible viewed married women:
1 Corinthians 11:3  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the MAN;
1 Corinthians 14:34-36  Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under OBEDIENCE as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Colossians 3:18  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Genesis 3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
so will you say that ANY woman who disobey her husband is a SINNER?!

i can see all the cheating men as just people having concubines which was NOT punishable in these biblical times.
you either follow ALL ITS RULES or none!
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by busybodi: 6:12am On Feb 20, 2009
so wat is d meaning of whoremongers?

all dis ones u pple r posting here,makes no sense to me
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2009
whoremonger is someone who use the service of a prostitute/
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by benedictac(f): 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2009
MR brownJAY (m)
sometimes and most times, Jesus spoke in parable. When the Bible says marriage is honourable with the bed undefiled, it simply meant that the man and the woman involved should not have premarital sex before the wedding day.

And again, in 1 Cor. 7:1-2 "It is not good for a man not to have sexual relations with a man. But because of the temptation of sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband".

So my dear, premaritalsex is bad.
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by argent(f): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ mrbrown

Busy bodi has already answered your question.

This is just to add some verses from the bible to it

1Crinthians 5: 12-20
"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything. "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."[b] But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2009
ARE WE READING THE SAME BIBLE?!
ok i will put the verses again so you can read it one more time.
Exodus 22:16 - 17, "If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged, and lies with her, he must pay a dowry for her to be his wife. If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the dowry for virgins."
Deuteronomy 22:28 - 29, "If a man finds a girl who is a virgin, who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her and they are discovered, then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall become his wife because he has violated her; he cannot divorce her all his days."

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge
i think that verse is in relation to INFIDELITY when they say "and the bed undefiled" the marriage bed,  and therefore the adulterer/whoremongers god will judge.
it does NOT in any way say that premarital sex is wrong,  as i wrote in my previous post, if a man could meet a woman, bed her and THEN AFTER try to marry her or just pay a fine and be done with it then premarital sex is NOT A SIN.
i will make sure a pay a fine everytime i bed a woman and therefore will be sin free in the eyes of the lord.

by the way, here is for you to consider:
In 2 Samuel 12:8, God, speaking through the prophet Nathan, said that if David’s wives and concubines were not enough, He would have given David even more. was god promoting fornication?
Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.
think on that for a minute and explain that in todays term.
we either take the bible for its words or we don't but don't twist it YOUR ways just when it fits you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Spirits Of People Live After They Die? / Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent / Dangers Of Uncontrolled Sexual Lust ( Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.