Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister (7047 Views)

The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos / Photos: Federal Secretariat Prepares For Handover / Nigerian Govt. Federal Secretariat On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by shachris01: 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
The Minister of State for Education, Viola Onwuliri, has said no sensitive document was burnt and offices in the building were not affected by Thursday’s fire incident at the Federal Secretariat.

She explained that the fire only affected the electrical cable channels.

“The offices and documents are intact,” Mrs. Onwuliri said. “The fire service chief has assured that everybody is safe.”

The fire started at about 1.40pm and affected the 3rd to 6th floor of phase three of the secretariat. The building housed the Federal Ministry of Education.

At the time of the incident, the Minister of Education, Ibrahim Shekarau, was having an interactive section with lrincipals of unity schools from across the country.

The meeting was stopped as the minister and other officials were evacuated from the building.

Cause of fire unknown

Five hours after the fire was put out, the Operational Commander for the Federal Fire service, Ime Eyo, told PREMIUM TIMES that investigations are still on going as to what led to the fire.

“By tomorrow, I will be able to tell you what caused the fire outburst,” Mr. Eyo said. “As at now investigations are still on-going.”

The fire service arrived the scene shortly after the fire started.

A cleaner who witnessed the explosion, said he was trying to relax when he heard a loud bang.

“I heard a loud sound and the light went off,” he said. “Just before I could check what went wrong, the whole place went dark. I was gasping for breath. I tried to put on my torch to see but it was so dark.”

He explained he had to use his discretion to find his way through the smoke and out of the building.

Mrs, Onwuliri asked the staff of the ministry not to panic. She said there was an assurance everything would be fine.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/182981-no-sensitive-documents-lost-in-federal-secretariat-fire-education-minister.html

1 Like

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Mhosmhan(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2015
Thank God,,d plans of jona and madueke(ozil),NOI didn't go as planned....una cup don full

2 Likes

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:39pm On May 14, 2015
I hate "change"

1 Like

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by kodded(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2015
Apc una plan don fail tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 14, 2015
Amaechi we know dis is ur handwork

immediately i saw SFG office i knew it was u

if u like bomb ur generation uv been deceived by #babaonechance

u betrayed ur oga jona cos of VP, e fly u, SFG fly u, minister for petroleum fly

dnt worry u ll b made iraq / eran ambassador

eddiottt

4 Likes

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 14, 2015
So the aim was not achieved.

Expect another fire but God forbid.
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by bakila: 10:55pm On May 14, 2015
That is Wike's former office. The fire is only innocent in a dream.

6 Likes

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:16am On May 15, 2015
7th to comment.... Am almost thr, if only those ahead ov me read d post b4 commenting den I wld av bin first

Free orijin u all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by adamskutty(m): 12:17am On May 15, 2015
I think almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth, the lord of the al amin that jonadumbo and madueze plans to destroy vital evidence which will be used against them after may 29 didn't happen. grin grin

Thank u oooh lord, ur name be praised. Bad news for taniods. grin grin grin
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by eleojo23: 12:19am On May 15, 2015
Good to know
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 12:19am On May 15, 2015
kodded:
Apc una plan don fail :-P
but oga how e take concern apc

9 Likes

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by kodded(m): 12:23am On May 15, 2015
sarahatuba:

but oga how e take concern apc
na them send the fire
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 12:24am On May 15, 2015
kodded:
na them send the fire
how them take 'send' am and why??

5 Likes

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by KELVIN086: 12:26am On May 15, 2015
ok
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 12:27am On May 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
I hate "change"

ORESTAFAMUSS or whatever

y change ur moniker
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by exemen: 12:28am On May 15, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 12:29am On May 15, 2015
Mhosmhan:
Thank God,,d plans of jona and madueke(ozil),NOI didn't go as planned....una cup don full

Thunder wey go fire u dey buy fuel

akpa amu
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by allanphash7(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2015
Eeyah

Soqie oooo

I wanna beleive u re either christain or muslim

Wich of your religion preaches Hate?

Dont live ur life qith hate

Wake up bro

No offense pls
SHARIAREPORTERS:
I hate "change"
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by ademusiwa5: 12:31am On May 15, 2015
what is call unity school. All schools are unity school.

They should hand over schools .
Even universities, polytechnics, colleges of education all should be handed over. technical colleges. any community who want schools should go and start his own school.

It does not make sense to spend money twice doing the same thing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/436013_ABAU1_jpg6a0010d7f41cf6904873c918d136fba0
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by flerKys(f): 12:32am On May 15, 2015
Thank God that all is well with the ministry. Hmmmm!
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Pavore9: 12:33am On May 15, 2015
lt better be.
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by georjay(m): 12:39am On May 15, 2015
Jesu seun o....alliamdulilai adupe...
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by Nobody: 12:42am On May 15, 2015
Didn't read the story

But caught a glimpse at one name "SHEKARAU" sounds like "SHEKAU" to me..This nigga should be probed smiley

1 Like

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by totit: 12:48am On May 15, 2015
hmm
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by generaliy07(m): 12:48am On May 15, 2015
Poo, when they know their game is up, we all know the tricks, it won't work this time

Anyway, check this out

www.nairaland.com/2285778/ever-imagined-river-over-another
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by umarc19: 12:55am On May 15, 2015
Thank God for this failed attempt to damage the possible evidence(s) to use against them - our suspected corrupt officials.
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by umarc19: 12:58am On May 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
I hate "change"

Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by baybeeboi: 1:01am On May 15, 2015
good news.
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by NobleG1(m): 1:13am On May 15, 2015
Someone wanted to destroy some docs.
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by bogolobango(m): 1:25am On May 15, 2015
Pdp blood still flows in ur vain

Ode
Re: No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister by itzWarner(m): 2:00am On May 15, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 / Ipob Call On Biafrans To Sign Petition To Un For Secession. / Full Video Of The Eastern Security Network By Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.