Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos (21888 Views)

Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour / Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by saints2(f): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2016
As I embark on a trip to the Federal Secretariat, Lagos office in Alagbon, Ikoyi, many things ran through my mind as, when did we get to this stage as a nation, why is it difficult to maintain our edifice and sustain our buildings? The Lagos in 1976 was a masterpiece to behold, it design still remains a mystery to me as it actually requires a gem to think outside the box. Fast forward, 26 years later, here I am standing on what used to be a masterpiece and envy of the world to what I will call a decay. Ever since the capital has been moved to Abuja, the rot in this place has been massive. It was reported that in 2009, plans were on gear to turn the building to a residential which was stopped by the former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola citing planning permission. Below are the current state of the Federal Secretariat now..

For more of these pixs, please check:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/the-deplorable-state-of-lagos-federal.html

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by saints2(f): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2016

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Firefire(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2016
saints2:
As I embark on a trip to the Federal Secretariat, Lagos office in Alagbon, Ikoyi, many things ran through my mind as, when did we get to this stage as a nation, why is it difficult to maintain our edifice and sustain our buildings? The Lagos in 1976 was a masterpiece to behold, it design still remains a mystery to me as it actually requires a gem to think outside the box. Fast forward, 26 years later, here I am standing on what used to be a masterpiece and envy of the world to what I will call a decay. Ever since the capital has been moved to Abuja, the rot in this place has been massive. It was reported that in 2009, plans were on gear to turn the building to a residential which was stopped by the former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola citing planning permission . Below are the current state of the Federal Secretariat now..

For more of these pixs, please check:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/the-deplorable-state-of-lagos-federal.html

ACN turned APC and stupidity. undecided

Observers said that the position of the Lagos State Government to revert the complex to its original use and the concessionaire’s plan to transform it into homes for more than 480 families amounted to paying lip service, while leaving the 35-year-old investment in ruins.

[size=18pt]Going by the calculations of the FG, the premises, upon restructuring, should consist of four, three and two bedroom flats, among others. The Dr. Wale Babalakin-led RIL, which reportedly won the bid for the secretariat with an investment of N7.2 billion had, however, planned its conversion into housing units.[/size]

But the plan, which would have accommodated 480 families, did not jell with the Lagos State Government, which opposed the idea of converting an office complex into a residential area. They had obtained a court injunction barring anyone from doing anything with the complex, and up till today, nothing has been done there.

All in the name of playing opposition party, let hope maybe Fashola as the Minister or Works & Housing can CHANGE his evil decision.

Cc: Lalasticlala, what do you feel ?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 09, 2016
I'm alive. killing myself wasn't easy. I couldn't drink that poison cry cry
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by looseweight: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Demmocrats(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2016
Warren buffet said the smartest people some times do the most stupid things, Fashola an ideal example

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Firefire(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2016
angry

The Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Mr. Nduese Essien, had in May told reporters that the redevelopment of the abandoned complex would resume soon as the Federal Government had commenced discussions with the Lagos State Government with a view to resolving contending the issues stalling the reconstruction project on it.

Where is Babatunde Raaji Fashola sef. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by brunofarad(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2016
Ok
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Pidggin(f): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2016
What a waste, this buiding can be changed into a five star hotel but our leaders lack vision

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2016
It should be made residential like 1004 Estate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by obailala(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
Nigeria and zero maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Vpleasure(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
FTC
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by PANYAberry: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
All these people no get government?? ?? Just asking for a friend
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by oduastates: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
just hand over the building to the LASG to convert it into a public park.
One of the ugly monstrosities used to destroy the beauty of old lagos. Another one is TBS.

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by missionmex(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
Making it a residential building sure pass.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by saints2(f): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
It should be made residential like 1004 Estate.

Exactly my thoughts too..

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by thefakestan: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
I have seen
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Raskasal(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Government should deliberate on making the building more productive. Probably allocating it to some parastatals. I feel for it whenever I pass through the sectariat. It's getting worse day by day

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Firefire(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:
What a waste, this buiding can be changed into a five star hotel but our leaders lack vision

Lagos state government sees nothing good in the FG policy just to discredit the later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Tosinville(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
uselessgoat:
I'm alive
useless goat?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Victorchuks4(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Lack of maintenance culture in Nigeria
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by obailala(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2016
uselessgoat:
I'm alive
Thank God for ur life oh ye useless goat.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
1. Many Federal government agencies do not have permanent offices. The buildings used for offices are rented. You have many of them in Lagos. I believe the Federal Government can save money by making sure most (or as many as possible) Federal Government Agencies move to this building. The building should be completed/upgraded and made fit for purpose. There is no need spending hard earned revenue and budget on paying rent for many government MDAs.

2. Another option could be to make it residential as some people have suggested.

The kind of politicians and civil servants we have. If it does not favor them, they will not be interested in it. It is part of the evidence of unseriousness and wastefulness you find in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by chukslawrence(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Hmm
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Almost everything in Nigeria is in deplorable condition. The one that bears serious concern is the state of our public universities.
After erecting the structures, maintenance is either not budgeted or overlooked

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by deebsman1(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Zoogeria
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by seunlayi(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
Nigeria is truly a backward nation, for the past 4 decades, there is no development just like a baby that has refused to grow.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by persius555(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
Politics has destroyed this country.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by ril19(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
NIGERIA Rotting away rapidly!!!

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos by Firefire(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
The property should have been transferred to the BIGGEST Landlord in Africa.

Reason for the enmity towards Babalakin the winner of the bid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo APC Governorship Primary: Voting Begins / Ikechi Emenike Emerges Abia APC Governorship Candidate / Sanwo-Olu Recites Muslim Surah Fatiha At An Event In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.