Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. (4939 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by YarisMan(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2009
I have a baby boy who is now a year Old but recently i'm seeing some signs that the boy may not be mine. How did I know this?
There is little or no resemblance btw me and the boy. Also i saw some pictures recently that is of my wife's old boyfriend. The face is an actual resemblance of my baby's face. I told my wife to swear with Bible, she did so, and she denied totally that the baby belongs to someone else. She said the boy is my own. meanwhile she is a lady i love so much in all areas. But i dont really Understand. I know of DNA test, but i dont know the cost. And if i confirm that the boy is not mine pls what do u advice. PLS Help!!!!!!
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by touchmeder: 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2009
And if i confirm that the boy is not mine pls what do u advice. PLS Help!!!!!!

go and do the test first and come back with the result. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by tpia: 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2009
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by plappville(f): 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2009
It seems that because u have already have this sentiment that was why u went this far as looking at ur wife pictures, i will advice u to do the test, and if the result shows he is not ur son, still keep the boy with u, he is already known as ur son it doesn't matter what ur whife might have done in the past, u guys should handle this issue with care good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by ifyalways(f): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
tpia:

if your wife insists the boy is yours, then why not let the matter rest.

However, if you're in that kind of relationship (where the two of you claim to be married but dont trust each other), then by all means do a DNA test. Although if your wife finds out, and the boy turns out to be yours, then your marriage may still end anyway.

So whichever course you decide on, it seems your marriage is at stake.

Its possible the boy can look like your wife's ex if either of you have some resemblance to the man. Yes, it does happen.
finito !
Its gonna be real hot and disastrous if after the test,it turns out that hes actually yours undecided
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Outstrip(f): 1:23am On Feb 10, 2009
After you find out that the child is yours just hang your head in shame and be ready to be a fool for her for the rest of your life. If you find out that you are right then run as fast as you can unless of course you love the boy like your own and want to stay in his life
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by FBS: 10:01am On Feb 10, 2009
pips can give advise!!! do this do that? My guy look at the child wella, thou shall know if he is yours or not.
Taking a test is a big risk. If the kid is yours you will still feel bad for not trusting your wife and a sense of guilt.
If he is NOT yours, well, it doesnt get worse than that or does it? Besides, you have already decided that he is not yours.

God go help you oh!!!
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Rendani(m): 10:09am On Feb 10, 2009
the topic should read: I think my son is a bastard
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by YarisMan(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2009
@FBS, OUTSTRIP, IFYALWAYS, plapville, tpia, touchmeder,& Rendani you are wonderful people, thanks a million.

I love the boy and he is already fond of me too.In fact my popularity in my area has affected the boy,
Everybody want to play with or carry him, even my mum, my sister abroad always ask about him.BUTTTTT,

it is well,
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by JJYOU: 10:37am On Feb 10, 2009
another home and away game. where is ricki lake and co? almost every criminal swear by the bible and some unholy books and go on to lie without shame daily.

if you are not a strong person dont go for the DNA option. it opens up loads of things you cannot control.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Omolola1(f): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2009
@ poster

Don't go for the DNA Test, it could (if the boy is not urs) open up a can of worms.
Just accept it like that, since you've asked your wife and she denied it, why not let sleeping dogs lie and 4get about it. Besides it is because you already have the conviction that your son is a bastard that you NOTICED that your wife's ex looks like your son.
The boy might be yours.
And if you decide to go for the DNA and it turns out that the boy is urs, it would be disastrous o!
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by temi4rea(f): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2009
This is complicated u knw,if u go for the DNA and it confirms the baby is urs,wht will ur wife think abt u.

And if the baby is not,wahala dey o!

Its hard to let this issue go but i will advice u believe and trust her on this.

If its possible u take the baby urself for the DNA wthout ur wife knwing,that would be preferable but how do u take a yr old baby away form his mother.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2009
Do a DNA Test, though its expensive but at least you did have rest of mind and stop worrying!
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by YarisMan(m): 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
@all
your posts can calm a roaring lion. Thanks so much.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by temi4rea(f): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2009
Is that all u have to say Yaris man.

Good luck sha smiley
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by kokorunna(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2009
Do a DNA test and if its not yours then you know.

But if its yours then you have labelled the child a BASTARD and if he behaves like that then you caused it. smiley
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by GiiCii: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2009
My bros, wateva d outcome of dis situation, just know dat u've put ur marraige on a very bad course. The foundation of yor marriage (Trust) is shaken already and i don't know wat u can do 2 save it after dis very trouble. Why wuld u doubt yor wife?
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by manmustwac(m): 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2009
@Yardisman
Since u called the topicĀ  "My Son Is A Bastard'' it means your already assuming your son is a bastard without evidence. Well in this age of tecnology am sure its easy for u collect her DNA from a cigarette or her saliva from a cup something and do the DNA test without her knowing which would help u save face if your wrong.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by JustGood(m): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2009
How you can live with a family in the belief that the boy you call a son might not be yours in beyond my comprehension. I dont think I'll be able to stay in that kind of arrangement. You probably want to do a DNA test to confirm and then, take a decision one way or the other.

One of the problems that rise when these girls jump all over the place from man to man lipsrsealed
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by sparta(f): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
Man go for a DNA test, you need to confirm if the boy is realy yours. The cost wont matter by the time you know the truth which ever way. A woman has no biz bringing babies from other men into her matrimonall home. Lets call a spade a spade bastard children end up breaking the home. lipsrsealed
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Ben13: 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2009
Rendani:

the topic should read: I think my son is a bastard
hmmmm. . . . that was creative wink
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by mogentle(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2009
Omolola1:

@ poster

Don't go for the DNA Test, it could (if the boy is not urs) open up a can of worms.
Just accept it like that, since you've asked your wife and she denied it, why not let sleeping dogs lie and 4get about it. Besides it is because you already have the conviction that your son is a bastard that you NOTICED that your wife's ex looks like your son.
The boy might be yours.
And if you decide to go for the DNA and it turns out that the boy is urs, it would be disastrous o!

And what if the real father later appears! shocked shocked
And u know people like that could be bold when the child turn out to be a glorious child.
He will now say I Am The Real Owner, after u've spent a whole of life time to bring up the child.

As for the cost of DNA test , maybe Doctors could help.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by akaa(f): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
EVERYBODY HERE IS SAYING DO OR DON`T DO THE TEST, BUT I WANT TO ASK YOU QUESTION,IS YOUR WIFE PREGNANT BEFORE YOU PEOPLE DO YOUR WEDDING, ALSO IS SHE STILL CLOSE WITH HER EX, BEFORE YOU MARRY HER.FINALLY ARE YOU SUSPECTING YOUR WIFE BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE YOU TO GO AND LOOK FOR HER EX PICTURE, I MEAN SOMETHING CAME UP THAT`S WHY YOU LOOK FOR THE PICTURE.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by alfchye(m): 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
Bros take the child to the hospital without ur wife knowledge and run the test.That is the best I can give u.They will test ur blood and that of the kid to see if it match.Do not tell ur wife to do the test, becos if the child eventually belongs to you.
I sorry for your ass. as she will never trust u again.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 16, 2009
i can understand you man, who would want to live the rest of their lives NOT KNOWING if the child is theirs or not?!
you HAVE to do the test, there is many ways to go about it without your wife knowing that you did.
the mere fact that you believe that the child is not yours shows the kind of relationships you are in and i wouldn't bet on it being a loving respectful honest long lasting one.
the child is still young and the impact, if he isnt yours, is not too great. you can still walk away from it all, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to walk away, if needs be.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by SeanT21(f): 3:51am On Feb 16, 2009
Go get the DNA test!!
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by spikedcylinder: 9:15am On Feb 16, 2009
@FBS, OUTSTRIP, IFYALWAYS, plapville, tpia, touchmeder,& Rendani you are wonderful people, thanks a million.

I love the boy and he is already fond of me too.In fact my popularity in my area has affected the boy,
Everybody want to play with or carry him, even my mum, my sister abroad always ask about him.BUTTTTT,

it is well,

Am I the only one that has a problem with the highlighted? You sound like its too much work for you to love your son. If you don't want the kid, I'm sure there are millions of people who would be willing to adopt the poor kid.
Cynical loon! angry

1 Like

Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Omolola1(f): 10:47am On Feb 16, 2009
easy man no need for insults, haba grin
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by mogentle(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Am I the only one that has a problem with the highlighted? You sound like its too much work for you to love your son. If you don't want the kid, I'm sure there are millions of people who would be willing to adopt the poor kid.
Cynical loon! angry

But why? I dont think it has gotten to that stage, the guy is expressing himself. Put yourself in his shoes.

Spikecylinder, who told u u are the owner of that your child, enough bastards in town. If DNA test
is conducted for all Nigerians, dont u think many 60 year-old marriage will crumble grin grin. Pls lets get serious. cool cool
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by spikedcylinder: 11:56am On Feb 17, 2009
mogentle:

But why? I dont think it has gotten to that stage, the guy is expressing himself. Put yourself in his shoes.

Spikecylinder, who told u u are the owner of that your child, enough bastards in town. If DNA test
is conducted for all Nigerians, dont u think many 60 year-old marriage will crumble grin grin. Pls lets get serious. cool cool

Whenever you decide to make sense, you can address me. smiley
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Poster

First of all I blame you. I have already told myself that as soon as my wife puts to bed, even before she recovers from the pain of child birth, I would have collected hail sample, saliva sample and blood sample for thorough DNA analysis. Trust is a beautiful thing in any relationship, but if you let the smallest doubt go unchecked in your heart, you'll end up with more pain than you can handle.

I dont know how much it costs to carry out a DNA test, but I dont think its so expensive anymore. The question of what to do if you find out the Kid isnt yours is one I cant answer for you. Thats a decision you have to reach on your own although I must say that if I were the one, I would kick her ass to the curb. And also if the child is yours, the barrel of the gun will now be pointed at your head and thats not a place any man would want to be.
Re: My Son Is A Bastard: Help Me Pls. by spikedcylinder: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2009
Okija_juju:

@ Poster

First of all I blame you. I have already told myself that as soon as my wife puts to bed, even before she recovers from the pain of child birth, I would have collected hail sample, saliva sample and blood sample for thorough DNA analysis. Trust is a beautiful thing in any relationship, but if you let the smallest doubt go unchecked in your heart, you'll end up with more pain than you can handle.

I dont know how much it costs to carry out a DNA test, but I dont think its so expensive anymore. The question of what to do if you find out the Kid isnt yours is one I cant answer for you. Thats a decision you have to reach on your own although I must say that if I were the one, I would kick her ass to the curb. And also if the child is yours, the barrel of the gun will now be pointed at your head and thats not a place any man would want to be.

I agree very much with the highlighted.

Thing is, the OP is wrong in more ways than one. Paternity doubts are not things you take lightly, from your end or her end. I can imagine my husband asking me if a child is his when I know very well he/she is. I would leave, aswearigawd, I would leave.
If at all he was having serious doubts about the true father of his child, he should have secretly taken the child for a DNA test and that way, he can confirm if the child is his or not. If he/she is, then he would have satisfied his curiosity without appearing distrusting of his wife. If not, he can bring out all his guns.
The guy is a fool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better Male Or Female Child? / At 33, Everybody Wants Me Get Married But How? / Mother Theresa Orphanage Home, Ketu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.