Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) (77154 Views)

Lose weight naturally within 9 days without any side effect. / 8 Easiest Ways To Lose Weight / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by customerservice(m): 6:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
Watch what you eat, when you eat and exercise. All it takes is determination and the right mindset. Take action NOW..
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by benity: 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
please what supplements can i used to burn fatness in my body
who has used swissgarde or african mango before does it work
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by cmooa: 5:30am On May 31, 2013
This is good. I commend you. But can you do a table of exercise (with timing) for gaining or retaining muscle? This will be a very good development to complement the diet tables that flies about the internet. Or precisely, can you present a unified diet and exercise table for effective weight gain bearing in mind the type of food available in Nigeria. Thank you.
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Towyeen: 10:34am On May 31, 2013
I have blown up from size8 to a size 14 now. I really want to reduce this especially my tummy. Will skipping help also? I Have seen the diet time table And I think I can cope. I started skipping 4 days ago. I did 300 last nite. I intend to increase This to 1000 daily. Do you think I will get a good result with this please?
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by rach28id: 6:16pm On May 31, 2013
Great instructions, as you have said,without implementing these tips,they wouldn't make any sense.visit http://10weightlosstips4you..com/ to check fore instructions
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Romeo4real(m): 12:52am On Sep 02, 2013
Hello Trim, well done for the work you are doing. I'm here to help if needed.
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by yhetti05(f): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
trimandtrendy: This is my detailed guide on body shape and size, exercise, and how to lose weight successfully. If you have any questions you can ask and I would respond.

Now when you read this, I urge you that you need to understand that the key to weight loss is determination. If you read and memorise all I have written here without carrying it out, then you have actually wasted your time.

Weight loss= diet +exercise

Let’s start with diet:

For anyone who is trying to lose weight, one of the very important aspects is your diet!  The body works by a system called caloric gain or deficit.   When you take in less food (calories) than your body needs to carry out its activities, you create a deficit, so your body has to go into its fat stores and mobilise fat for energy to use to perform its activities. That is how you lose your fat! When there is a caloric gain, that is when you eat more than the body needs, the excess is stored as fat in your body. You need to know that 1 pound is equal to 3500 kcal; therefore for every extra 3500kcal you take in, you have added an extra pound!!

Now one mistake a lot of us make, is thinking that skipping meals would help you achieve your result faster. I have said it over and over, it doesn’t.  NEVER SKIP MEALS. Skipping your meals firstly reduces your body’s rate of metabolism, therefore your body not use up as much calories as it is supposed to use daily. Secondly, most times, you realise that you end up eating so much more food the next time you eat after skipping a meal because you would be very starved and hungry. TRUE!

Now the best way to lose weight is usually by eating 5 to 6 meals a day. But there is a problem with this, which is COMPLAINCE. Like for us in Nigeria, our foods are kind of heavy. You would realise that most people, in an attempt to eat 6 small meals a day, would end up overeating.  I often advice people to do 3 small meals a day, with lots of water in between and one fruit in-between.  The advantage of the 6 small meal method is that it would help to keep up your metabolism at all times so your body is constantly burning and burning more calories.

Like I have said in my other posts, there are some foods which would help you and there are some you should try and eat very little of.
Some examples of the good ones:

1. Beans
2. Vegetables
3. Fish
4. Skinless chicken
5. Skinless turkey
6. Sweet potatoes
7. Fruits
8. Carrots
9. Cucumber
10. Cabbage

Please, avoid:

1. Eba
2. Iyan (pounded yam)
3. Rice
4. Bread
5. Butter
6. Fufu
7. Spaghetti/ all forms of pasta
8. Salad cream
9. Chocolates
10. Coke and other sweetend drinks. Only take water, no fruit juices.
11. Ice cream
12. Cake
13. Biscuits

Remember, no heavy meals at night, always try to finish your meal before 7pm.

Here is a sample timetable for weight loss program for Nigerians using the Nigerian diet:
http://trimandtrendy.blogetery.com/weight-loss-timetable-for-nigerians/

Next we need to understand how training and work outs help in weight loss.

The food we eat is eventually all about calories. Calories are units of energy which our bodies use to perform all its daily activities. So different tasks done daily by the body is via energy that is from the food we eat. For the different classes of food, 1 g of fat contains 9 calories, 1 gram of protein contains 4 calories and 1 gram of carbohydrate contains 4 calories

Each day, the body uses a particular amount of calories to do all its activities. This amount it needs daily is called the basal metabolic rate. This is the amount of calories your body uses everyday basically whether or not you exercise. It is determined by your sex, weight and lifestyle. Therefore, when you exercise and do other activities, the calories burned daily is thus increased. Say for example my BMR is 1800 calories daily, then I work out and burn 500 calories per day, I am burning total of 2300 calories daily.  If on the contrary I don’t work out that day, I would still burn my basic 1800calories daily. And if I consume more than 1800 calories, my body stores up the extra as fat!

So to lose weight, you need to either eat less, so that the deficit makes your body go into your fat stores and bring out energy, or exercise more.

To calculate your BMR:   

• Adult male: 66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

• Adult female: 655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

It is important to remember that a pound of fat equals 3500 calories. So if you burn 500 calories daily, you have succeeded in losing 1 pound a week!!!!

Most people are often in a rush to lose weight, but to lose weight healthily, it is advisable you lose 1 to 2 pounds per week!

Now remember while exercising, you need to understand your body. After your bones, the next thing over it is either fat or muscle. Muscle is the well shaped toned one, while fat is usually soft, and shapeless in some individuals. If you want to lose weight and have a nicely toned body, exercising and building muscle would not just be sufficient. You would also need to burn off the fat so that the nicely shaped muscles would come into view. That’s the reason why sometimes you might do the crunches and sit ups over and over again, but that flabby layer of fat still remains over the tummy. You need to burn off that fat, and then the muscles would come into view.

Remember that muscle burns fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns daily in everything you do. To build muscle, apart from doing y Apart from doing cardio, a good way to build more muscle is to lift weights.

Remember I talked about weight lifting in http://trimandtrendy.blogetery.com/2009/01/23/importance-of-weight-lifting/

Weight lifting helps break down your muscles. For us girls, we often get scared that lifting weights would make you develop guy muscles. Well, it won’t. For you to get those kinds of muscles, you need to have male hormones, i.e. testosterone. Besides you won’t be lifting the kind of weights that guys use when they gym. I have two 7.5kg dumbbells that I carry; I don’t have any guy-muscle in me. Use it when jogging or taking walks, then also do weight lifting with them. So doing your cardio, eating less to get a caloric deficit, and weight lifting, would surely make you lose weight.

Remember, you should exercise at least once a day (30 minutes) and if possible twice daily.

Hope this guide helps, remember determination is very important in losing weight.

For more, visit my site at http://trimandtrendy.blogetery.com
the timetable isn't opening could You pls write it down smiley
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by adams1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
Healthy Food Meals

The importance of Healthy Food Meals in weight loss pursuit cannot be relegated.

For decades, food manufacturer’s have been adding “additives” to our foods and beverages to help increase shelf life, make foods/drinks taste better, and in some cases–to help us lose weight.

At the same time, an “Obesity Epidemic” began that has intensified to the point that more than 60% of US adults are considered overweight and nearly 1/3 of children are obese. Coincidence?

Not even close…

The truth is that only are food/drink additives likely to add pounds to your waistline, they can also endanger your health and put you at risk for serious medical problems in the future!

Ok, so how is this even possible and why aren’t food companies doing something about this problem?

As to how additives are causing unwanted weight gain and potential medical problems, the answer is Biology.

Healthy Food Meals And The Body
Basically, your body breaks down the foods and beverages you ingest during digestion so that your body can extract the nutrients for energy, repair, etc. Unfortunately, additives are created in laboratories using synthetic ingredients our organic bodies just don’t recognize.

And any substance that your body doesn’t recognize or used is considered a toxin that must be flushed from your system…and that is where the trouble begins…

You see, whenever your body flushes toxins from its system, it causes your body to produce tiny molecules known as “free radicals”.

The problem with free radicals is that they travel all over your body damaging cells down to the DNA-level. By damaging cells down to the DNA level, free radicals have been linked to wide range of degenerative diseases and health problems, including:

-Increased Risk for Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Attack, and Stroke

-Increased Risk for Alzheimer’s

-Increased Risk for Arthritis and Atherosclerosis

-Increased Risk for Some Forms of Cancer

-Slower Digestive Function and Increased Gastrointestinal Problems including IBS and Constipation

-Poor Eyesight

When it comes to your waistline, free radicals cause your digestive function to slow down. This makes it more difficult for your body to extract nutrients from the food you eat which forces your body to store more nutrients as fat. But as bad as free radicals are for your waistline, they can be even more dangerous to your overall health!

Basically, free radicals are BAD NEWS but food companies continue to use additives in just about anything you can buy at the grocery store (but there are exceptions–more on this later!).

And yes, even many of the ‘healthy diet foods’ and beverages are made with synthesized sugars that ultimately can slow down your digestive function and ultimately cause you gain–NOT lose–more weight!

Ok, so what can you do?

First, STOP eating the so called HEALTHY DIET foods and beverages made with synthetic sugars like saccharine.

Second, eat foods that are high in antioxidants because they help neutralize free radicals and some can even prevent them from forming in the first place. Some foods that are high in antioxidants include:

BeansBlueberries
Cherries
Apples
Fruits
Carrots
Cucumber
Cabbage

Ok, replacing foods high in additives with those that are high in antioxidants will help control the free radicals–but what about your waistline? Isn’t that the reason you started eating and drinking all those “healthy diet foods” or drinks in the first place?

Healthy Food Meals Lists

You find yourself in a world where even the things that are supposed to help you lose weight–like diet foods and beverages–may actually be making you gain weight. And at a time when obesity, cancer, alzheimers, and even diabetes rates are spiking towards all-time highs, you simply cannot afford to ignore the true risks of the foods and beverages you consume.

The Fat Loss Factor was designed, tested, and proven by a doctor dedicated to helping people safely and permanently shed unwanted pounds.

You don’t have to worry about investing in fancy new equipment, pre-made meals, or special “diet shakes”. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step blueprint laid out in The Fat Loss Factor and you will be well on your way to the slimmer, sexier, and healthier you that you both want and deserve!

So if you are ready to make this THE YEAR that you finally look and feel your best by permanently eliminating those unwanted pounds–then just follow the link below to gain instant access to The Fat Loss Factor NOW!

Fat Loss Factor Download Link

www.healthfitnessreviewpro.com/fat-loss-factor-pdf

Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by sezzz: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
I found a very good website that has alot of information on nigerian food and other health tips. They tell you ways to make your meals healthier and so you can still eat what you like while losing weight. You should check it out. It is http://healthylivingnig.com/recipes.
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by swtme(f): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
@trim n all, is it possible to work on d stomach without reducing d b**bs n a**
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by ibiange: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
someone said "I'm getting married and he's a STUD". Why are you still worried about a diet.....put him to good use
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by nonyeluv1(f): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
My name is Nonye, and I am a distributor of Forever Living Products in Nigeria. I would be happy to help you either with products or with business. Feel free to contact me directly in case you have any questions. Common reasons people contact me are about Aleo Vera products as well as about how to start Forever Living Business. I can certainly help you with that. Aloe vera products are very powerful product for weight loss. They are very good products. We have the clean 9, fit1, and fit 2. They are all for weight loss. Use clean 9 today and burn down those fat in 9 days.its for both men and women.

Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by lorein0688: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
Everyone is troubled about trailing weight and losing weight is awfully essential for each person. Losing weight is really a big hectic who desperately want to lose weight or looking to weight loss. To lose weight you need to follow some best home remedies to lose weight and this will help you to slice down extra fats of your body. This is safe and natural, you can also make use of the Tava tea to lose weight effectively and naturally.
http://weightloss-tea.net/blog/tips-for-losing-weight-with-minimal-effort
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by kylfederer123: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2016
For reducing weight the only way is to burn fat from the body. For this the only way is to [url=weightloss-pill.net]burn the extra fat [/url]that gets accumulated in the body. In this case, weight loss pills play a major role in burning fat from the body quickly.
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by CallMeNJay: 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
Weight loss guide
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Efukikata(m): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
This post has been deleted permanently
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by diamondpepz(f): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hi...pls Av been trying to loose weight for years but no way! I did a 7day weight loss plan , I was only on fruits and vegetables. I was frequently urinating and lost a little weight only to gain double of the weight the next week. I don't know what else to do. I hate exercises....it scares me. Isn't dere simpler means? Av taken all manner of green tea....even the over hyped..Apple Cider vinegar. Please help a sister.
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by EagleScribes: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
diamondpepz:
Hi...pls Av been trying to loose weight for years but no way! I did a 7day weight loss plan , I was only on fruits and vegetables. I was frequently urinating and lost a little weight only to gain double of the weight the next week. I don't know what else to do. I hate exercises....it scares me. Isn't dere simpler means? Av taken all manner of green tea....even the over hyped..Apple Cider vinegar. Please help a sister.

Please chat me up on whatsapp. My contact is on my signature

1 Like

Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by blessingthanks: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
Get desired flat tummy and body slim in 3weeks with only 12000 no hidden charges call 08187280305
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by blessingthanks: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
Get ur desired flat tummy and body slim in 3weeks with only 12000 no hidden charges call 08187280305
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Ross123: 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2018

1 Share

Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by jcpremiere(m): 4:56am On Feb 04, 2019
rayor:
been trying to loose weight all my life. tried all diets known to mankind. im not that obese but im not happy bout the way i look all the same. im 90kg and just a 5ft 4. so i just digested this article, i will give it one last try this diet thing. i relish food. its my passion and it gives me great joy and satisfaction just thinking about good food so firstly its a huge sacrifice cuting back on anything. but im willing to try. then, i have this pain in my right leg. been there for about 4 yrs now and even these people in othorpedic hospital cant seem to fix it. xtray says the bones of my baby toe and the next one have shifted, exposing the nerves, so it hurts when under pressure, in other words, i cant exercise! i really want to but i cant walk long distances,run, jogg, use the stepper. no cardios, i need to loose at least 20kg but how can i do that!? i need a motivator. someone proffesional and concerned! HHHEEEEELLLLPPPP!

You should use the JC Premiere Omnifit, it starts burning fat in 60 seconds and you can see reasonable results in 1-2 weeks
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by jbblues24(m): 12:29am On Jun 02, 2019
Super excellent! undecided
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
cool
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Jen10: 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hi. Have you tried a weight loss meds called Ecoslim?.. It works by preventing the absorption of fat from foods you eat in to the body.
I recommended this drug to my elder sister and on day two she was stooling fat.
I hope it works for you too

You can buy Ecoslim on my favorite online pharmacy (mybigpharmacy.com)
Here is a the product link to ensure you don't have any trouble locating Ecoslim on the store

https://mybigpharmacy.com/product/ecoslim-120mg-by-21-capsules/

Will love to hear feedbacks
Goodluck!
Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by GingerGarlicTea: 3:20pm On May 05, 2020
rayor:
been trying to loose weight all my life. tried all diets known to mankind. im not that obese but im not happy bout the way i look all the same. im 90kg and just a 5ft 4. so i just digested this article, i will give it one last try this diet thing. i relish food. its my passion and it gives me great joy and satisfaction just thinking about good food so firstly its a huge sacrifice cuting back on anything. but im willing to try. then, i have this pain in my right leg. been there for about 4 yrs now and even these people in othorpedic hospital cant seem to fix it. xtray says the bones of my baby toe and the next one have shifted, exposing the nerves, so it hurts when under pressure, in other words, i cant exercise! i really want to but i cant walk long distances,run, jogg, use the stepper. no cardios, i need to loose at least 20kg but how can i do that!? i need a motivator. someone proffesional and concerned! HHHEEEEELLLLPPPP!

You can get fat burning vegetables and fruits to avoid these combined with aerobic exercise. We have GINGER & GARLIC TEA in a packet for you to burn down those body fats from today.
Chat me up on WhatsApp for pay on Home deliveries.+234903....5464....082.
Let's go.

Re: Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) by Primefood(f): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
Do you want to eat your favourite Nigerian meals, without avoiding carbohydrates � and still get results?

Yes, you read that right. Eat your favourite Nigerians meals without avoiding carbs.�

I'm Olaide Martins and I have designed a tested method that shows you what to eat and when to eat them. This method will show you how I am able to trim down by eating right.

Read more here:
https://primefoodandfitnes.wixsite.com/readmore

This method provides you the opportunity to eat carbs and still get result. My meal plans are easy to follow and are not expensive.

The best part?
you don't have to :
* starve
* avoid carbohydrates
* spend countless hours exercising�

Check the link below to read testimonies from our previous participants https://primefoodandfitnes.wixsite.com/readmore

See you on the inside�

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why People ‘glue Together’ During Sex / Baby Born With Four Legs In Bauchi State (Photos) / Doctors Remove Knife, 8 Spoons, Screwdrivers, Toothbrushes From Man's Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.