Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? (26228 Views)

16 First Class Graduates Get Automatic Employment In Taraba / Psychology Graduates, Get In Here / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by anigold(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
Una dey shout, how about those that do not pay(owe you salary) and pay less than half of the total money owed.
There is a school located on the the mainland in Lagos, #3500 for graduate, #2000 for non-teaching staff.

This is what I called "barbaric exploitation".
Some promiscuous male teachers earning this poor salary will endup sleeping with half of the female students in class as compensation.. grin grin
Its really bad this pay cant even take them to their homes.....

I would love to see the teacher's shoes grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by quatum: 1:29pm On May 15, 2015
U guy should go into business where u earn more...... Me get money ooo business make me smile after i dump my B. tech Apply chem some were grin

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by umarc19: 1:30pm On May 15, 2015
anonimi:

Are you a Nigerian in Nigeria or what exactly are you talking about up there

It is not in Nigeria alone that people earn low salaries, so the thread is not limited to Nigerians.

Don't you know there are people from other countries on Nairaland?
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Bolade005: 1:30pm On May 15, 2015
chimkaire:
Alaanu Samaria. Did I dispute that
Who you go/don help undecided undecided
My dear, easy. I don't really need the service of my employee, what he does is something I can do for myself, infact most people in that line of business work alone but I chose to employ him regardless, I'm not belittling his efforts, I appreciate him alot. Taking him out of the street, isn't that help enough?

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by MaziOmenuko: 1:30pm On May 15, 2015
Any graduate that accepts a job lower than the minimum wage (N18,000) should return his/her certificate to the institution that awarded it to him/her/it.

And I mean that in a good way.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by steppin: 1:31pm On May 15, 2015
chimkaire:
I might as well take panadol for your headache as you don't know you have one. Drop your number ''employer of labor'' or freak off. You peeps be adding salt to injury for job seekers like they need your suggestion eeeeeeeeeeeek undecided
Read Gboliwe's post, same worked for me...reason I quoted her before you came buzzing cheesy
Shuuuuuu off sad
Idiat! Frustrated b!tch!
Is it my fault that you're jobless and frustrated?
Take your frustration elsewhere.
You can keep your lazy ass at home and wait for God to come down and give you a job!
People with better results no get work, na you wey get pass go get.
Anu ohia!

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by victors123: 1:32pm On May 15, 2015
Here in Ilorin Kwara State some private school are paying 8k while some 5k & some 3k! May God help us!!! Nigeria situation as gone beyond human being control is only can intervene!!!
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by godoluwa(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
Una dey shout, how about those that do not pay(owe you salary) and pay less than half of the total money owed.
There is a school located on the the mainland in Lagos, #3500 for graduate, #2000 for non-teaching staff.
payslip pishure or adonbilifit
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by godoluwa(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2015
anigold:

This is what I called "barbaric exploitation".
Some promiscuous male teachers earning this poor salary will endup sleeping with half of the female students in class as compensation.. grin grin
Its really bad this pay cant even take them to their homes.....

I would love to see the teacher's shoes grin grin
their shoe will surely be on lowcut hair style or rico

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Rapsodee(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2015
Self-employment naa d way!
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Bolade005: 1:37pm On May 15, 2015
anonimi:

Many many thanks for sharing your inspiring story with us here.

Not only are you self-employed, you are also an EMPLOYER of labour cheesy
Great!

I will only advise that you set your sights on GROWING your business and making it more organised/formal with time by ploughing back as much of your profit and taking on related opportunities for expansion that builds on your current STRENGTHS/competencies.
Sky is the limit grin
Thanks bro. I'm thinking of opening a thread to narrate my story and inspire unemployed graduates out there. We can all achieve greatness if only we are ready to start small. I used to be in the travel section asking questions about msc in Europe, America, everywhere but now I'd rather stick to my business. It's all about money and I'm making it and I intend to make more until I become successful.

I appreciate the advise above, that's exactly my aim and with hardwork and prayer, the sky will indeed be my limit.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by talk2yommex2000(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:

A journey of a thousand steps begins with one step.
Before you learn to fly, you must learn how to walk....you can't fly into flying.
Most people think that for you to be self-employed, you must have hundreds of thousands or millions before you can start.
But that's not true. You can start from somewhere, no matter how little.
I keep saying this, cos I passed thru it and survived, even when no one thought I couldn't. I'd rather be a labourer or driver than collect just 6k in a month.

You cant believ it dat d situation of som pple are worse to d extent dat dy cant afford 3k (at once) to start a biz of selling recharge cards, EXCEPT if som1 else will cater for their feeding for d next one month. May God help us sha

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by anonimi: 1:39pm On May 15, 2015
umarc19:
It is not in Nigeria alone that people earn low salaries, so the thread is not limited to Nigerians.

Don't you know there are people from other countries on Nairaland?

So you are not a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 15, 2015
victors123:
Here in Ilorin Kwara State some private school are paying 8k while some 5k & some 3k! May God help us!!! Nigeria situation as gone beyond human being control is only can intervene!!!
Please tell them o! E-diots saying it a lie, rif-rafs saying I do not believe it and imbeciles saying it not possible. My cousin had been at home after NYSC for eight months yet no job after applying for countless jobs
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by talk2yommex2000(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2015
godoluwa:
payslip pishure or adonbilifit

hahahahaha...u really made me laff. Payslip? For wch skul? Na dat kind skul dey giv payslip?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:

Idiat! Frustrated b!tch!
Is it my fault that you're jobless and frustrated?
Take your frustration elsewhere.
You can keep your lazy ass at home and wait for God to come down and give you a job!
People with better results no get work, na you wey get pass go get.
Anu ohia!
grin Lekwa frustration! Bitch like ya Mama wink
Biko face your shed, customers hapu igba oso cheesy
You don para on top your muse, okwaya grin
Don't forget to create a topic on how ahia si aga so that graduates can learn from you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by anonimi: 1:44pm On May 15, 2015
Bolade005:
Thanks bro. I'm thinking of opening a thread to narrate my story and inspire unemployed graduates out there. We can all achieve greatness if only we are ready to start small. I used to be in the travel section asking questions about msc in Europe, America, everywhere but now I'd rather stick to my business. It's all about money and I'm making it and I intend to make more until I become successful.

I appreciate the advise above, that's exactly my aim and with hardwork and prayer, the sky will indeed be my limit.

Thanks again.

Firstly, I will be looking out for your thread when you open it, which I hope will be very soon wink
Abeg, mention my moniker- anonimi so I can visit the thread also.

Secondly, you are ALREADY successful.
You can only INCREASE your success as you grow your business from one level to another, God Willing, InshaAllah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 15, 2015
by vhw2014: 12:35pm
Hello everyone, pls im female,a resident of ph and in need of a job. 2012 graduate of communications with over 6yrs experience in customer service, office administration and mid-level management. During NYSC I was very active in camp hence I was appointed platoon leader. Im very resourceful, computer literate and have exceptional research and organizational skills. Some of my articles have been published on various sites. I would appreciate it if any one can link me to any job that fits my abilities. For safety reasons, I will not upload my C.V here. Thank you
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by durosegun(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2015
I finished service last year. Most of the public schools in oyo state are short staffed, they rely heavily on corps members and PTA teachers whom they pay a paltry sum of 5k.
anonimi:

Did you serve there while a PDP governor was in charge
Perhaps with Ajumobi of APC in charge they are now being paid N18,000 minimum wage.

Although that may not be the case with OYES graduates of Aregbesola who has no problem chopping N18.6 billion in Bola Ige state house shocked shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by betty202020(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
LaurelP:
Folakemi Odoaja revealed on Twitter that a graduate working in a private school in Ibadan earns 6000 naira/month. Not sure if she's talking abt herself but she said the graduate took the job after wasting so much money applying for better paying jobs.
Folakemi was responding to senator-elect, Ben Murray Bruce's tweet that the least any staff of his organization, Silverbird Group receives as salary before tax is N25,000.

The question is: so the minimum wage policy does not apply to private institutions as well?

See more tweets after the cut...

hahaha, even after an "illitrate soldier with primary school certificate" punished "graduate" finish in nysc camp. as somebody put it in the other thread, they "graduate" wasted years in schools.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
Most schools do not pay their teachers less than 18k, simply because that's the minimum wage. But then, I have also heard of graduates earning ridiculous amounts as Salaries. Most people who opt to do these jobs simply do it to escape the 'shame' of sitting at home and to at least have some money to spend at the end of the month.
But then, if one decides to work and get paid 10k per month, how then will you have the time to search for better jobs...Hmmmn, again, if you refuse the low wage, and you don't get a better job, how will you make money to fend for yourself.

The situation is pathetic and sad, I really wish our leaders and those that steal us blind have a change of heart.

8 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

hahahahaha...u really made me laff. Payslip? For wch skul? Na dat kind skul dey giv payslip?
Yes, some school do especially the internationally recognised schools and not Bu-hayhay Group of schools.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 15, 2015
morereb10:
Is it that some people here are naive to the situation of this country or u r just defending your country cuz u r on Naira Land. I find it hard to belive that some people doesn't know that some graduates receives as low as N4000 per month.

were u even see the job self? hahahahahah, naija, giant of africa indeed.
Are you a graduate?
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by anonimi: 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
durosegun:
I finished service last year. Most of the public schools in oyo state are short staffed, they rely heavily on corps members and PTA teachers whom they pay a paltry sum of 5k.

Don't worry bro.
I was just teasing those lame APC e-rats who go around chanting change for their progreTHIEF leaders who are SHORTchanging them per se per se.

Many of my posts here already lamented the fact that our governors and LGA chairmen are using corpers instead of REGULARLY EMPLOYING professional teachers and reducing youth unemployment.
Cheers!
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by anigold(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
godoluwa:
their shoe will surely be on lowcut hair style or rico

Perfect description grin
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Oluwapresley(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
Fallacy

castruccio:

Tru talk ooo ... Imagine person lyk me de earn 6k even 40k sef too small bt wen one is self employed you can make ur money according to how you work
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by steppin: 1:49pm On May 15, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

You cant believ it dat d situation of som pple are worse to d extent dat dy cant afford 3k (at once) to start a biz of selling recharge cards, EXCEPT if som1 else will cater for their feeding for d next one month. May God help us sha
Yea, some are in worse situation.
But there are still menial jobs that pays daily.
I did that to raise money to set up my business.
It was one of the most humiliating job I've ever done, but I did it.
When you're broke and desperate, humiliation is the last you'll ever think of.
At the end, what really matters is, how well, not how far.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Oluwapresley(m): 1:50pm On May 15, 2015
Heeeediot!

steppin:

You go wait long na.
I worked hard to get the little I have now, and no one helped me then. I did the hustling on my own.
So I'll advise them(you inclusive) to do the same.
Nothing good comes easy.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2015
depending on the environment, nd d cost of living over there... Benue state private school. Obi LGA to mention a graduate is paid 4k... Tins are not expensive including house rent... Though d amount is small... In lagos ajah... D least here is 18k... How much is d cheapest house here in ajah 50k... And tins are very expensive...
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by talk2yommex2000(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:
Yea, some are in worse situation. But there are still menial jobs that pays daily. I did that to raise money to set up my business. It was one of the most humiliating job I've ever done, but I did it. When you're broke and desperate, humiliation is the last you'll ever think of. At the end, what really matters is, how well, not how far.
you hav a point here anyway, but all in all, may God help us all.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by JOEFY: 1:53pm On May 15, 2015
Screw all of you on this thread, no body cares

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Bolade005: 1:54pm On May 15, 2015
anonimi:

Firstly, I will be looking out for your thread when you open it, which I hope will be very soon wink
Abeg, mention my moniker- anonimi so I can visit the thread also.

Secondly, you are ALREADY successful.
You can only INCREASE your success as you grow your business from one level to another, God Willing, InshaAllah!
I will work on that thread tonight when I'm less busy. I shall mention you, bro.

I don't see myself as successful yet, there is still a long way to go. Insha Allah, I shall get there. We shall all get there. Thanks bro for the kind words.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice / Nigerian Airforce List Of Successful Candidates For 2017 Recruitment Released / 2018 WAEC Marking Date And Centres Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.