Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? (26203 Views)

16 First Class Graduates Get Automatic Employment In Taraba / Psychology Graduates, Get In Here / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2015
ibiyemi93:

No, he can't be kidding you. After my NYSC, I got a teaching job in a private school in
Ibafo, Ogun State. I was paid 7,000, teaching all Science subjects fro. SS1 - 3. and PHE for all the Junior classes. It wasn't a nice experience really.
please tell them. Some do not know what is obtainable in this country, abi you never see master degree holder they earn 50k? They say who no go, e no know.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by fairheven: 3:13pm On May 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
60k every month and school fees is 35k for Junior Secondary school and 45k for Senior primary.

That does not explain the over head
Wat is the total cost of running the school,juxtaposed with the salary that is been paid?
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by fairheven: 3:27pm On May 15, 2015
stephnie44:
instead I start recharge card biz
Even pure water go sure pass

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 3:40pm On May 15, 2015
slap1:
With zero capital? When you guys say self-employment, you make it sound like merely taking the decision takes care of everything.

Stop sounding like setajegringringringrin
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Setaje(f): 3:44pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

Stop sounding like setajegringringringrin

God will Shame u
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 3:46pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

God will Shame u
I'm an atheistgringringrin
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 3:46pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

God will Shame u
I'm an atheistgringringrin
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
standd:
Most schools do not pay their teachers less than 18k, simply because that's the minimum wage. But then, I have also heard of graduates earning ridiculous amounts as Salaries. Most people who opt to do these jobs simply do it to escape the 'shame' of sitting at home and to at least have some money to spend at the end of the month.
But then, if one decides to work and get paid 10k per month, how then will you have the time to search for better jobs...Hmmmn, again, if you refuse the low wage, and you don't get a better job, how will you make money to fend for yourself.

The situation is pathetic and sad, I really wish our leaders and those that steal us blind have a change of heart.

Too many excuses in your comment...

Stop the excuses and get busy...
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 3:59pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
Bros it's better than face the hard life of Nigeria for 6k per month. Look am a prey nysc person and will be going for service in June. Since I graduated, I attached myself to a magazine company and they made me the deputy editor cus am the only real journalist and I can write articles and news very well. They used to copy paste articles but as soon as I came I wrote all myself, they gave me a well furnished office with computer. People have been calling to commend the new guy(me). Do you know how much am being paid? 10k per month. Am the last kid in the family and now no one listens to my cry when I need money. They will say o boy you are now working so fend for yourself. All my salary goes to transportation and upkeep and no savings. I only needed the experience though cus I will be going for nysc soon. So tell me if I was a full time employee earning so low how would I have coped? I

Liesangryangryangry

So you telling me you can't start a blogangryangry

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Ephemmm: 4:17pm On May 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Are those teachers graduates or just passing6?

@topic, i'll rather do a volunteer job than take a 6k job as a graduate. And before you try to crucify me, I have volunteered in several organisations and I wasn't paid a dime as wage or salary. Atleast, I came and went as it pleased me and I wasn't tied down by yeye rules or badbelle of anybody.

I got the experience I needed, got the connection I needed and when the time came, I moved. No regrets. My idea of "start small" does not include this kind of wicked salary

What about those who did not even know what they will eat after waking up in the morning not to talk of transport fare to the place of internship? Just thank God you have somebody who is responsible for that in your own case.

Volunteering job cannot be done with ease through empty stomach, the truth is evident.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Ephemmm: 4:21pm On May 15, 2015
Stelvin101:
N6,000 per month for a graduate? is it a genarational curse from ur family? or the witches in ur village now use ur name for praise and worship before holding their meeting. Orgwefia!

Bros, thank God for where He situated you ooooo: you might not be better than those in this shoe, honestly.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by terzurum5(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2015
umarc19:
Low Salaries is something we can rather call unavoidable, so what we should be talking of is a way out.

Here are Ten Helpful Tips for Low Salary Earners.

1. Go rural.
It is far, far easier to make a living on minimum wage in a rural situation. There are many small towns where you can find a room to rent for $100 a month and a small apartment to rent for $200 a month. Yes,these really exist – I see them fairly regularly when I get out in the more rural areas of Iowa. Even better, these areas often have lots of jobs for minimum wage workers – I see lots of help wanted signs around these towns and notices inside of town halls and gas stations looking for workers.

2. Don’t drive.
A car is a giant money suck. There’s no ifs, ands, or buts about it, if you’re working minimum wage, your car is killing you. Ditch the car – get whatever cash you can from it. Then choose a place to live where you can get to work by foot or by bicycle. In a small town, it’s pretty easy to reach any other place in the town (and many places in the nearby countryside) on foot or by bicycle, and it’s something that people often do to cut corners.

3. Find the free stuff.
In towns of any size, there are resources available for the impoverished, from free dinners at churches to food giveaways to soup kitchens. The library provides free entertainment in the forms of books, music, and internet access. There are parks, recreational activities, and countless other things even in the smallest of rural towns. Look around for the free stuff and use it – it’s there for everyone to utilize. When you must spend money, be as frugal as possible. Ramen is very cheap, filling, and full of carbs, for example.

4. Don’t be proud.
Pride often keeps people from walking into a soup kitchen. Don’t let it. That kind of pride is an obstacle ground into you by a life in a consumerist society. People who are there to help you want to help you stand on your own two feet – give them that opportunity. Look for every opportunity to help you with your situation, from consulting to WIC toMedicaid to welfare (regardless of my political feelings on it, it’s definitely a resource someone in that position should use). If you don’t know where to start, start off by asking a pastor or a clergyman for help.

5. Minimize your required commitments.
Repaying debts? Call the debtors and explain your situation and ask for an abatement. This won’t get rid of your debt, but it can minimize your requirements for the time being. If you have children that you simply can’t support, look for opportunities to help you with that burden – your family is a great place to start, for example. Don’t saddle yourself with burdens heavier than you can carry or you’ll do nothing but collapse. You don’t become strong by carrying 500 pounds of weight on your back – you become strong by learning how to carry ten pounds, then adding more as you go along.

6. Take every side opportunity you can.
There are all sorts of little opportunities to make more money if you pay attention. Doing things like helping someone shingle a roof for $10 an hour cash is an opportunity you can’t let pass by. Free meals? Take them. Twenty bucks for helping an old man clean out his garage? Do it. Ask around for odd jobs and other small-scale moneymaking opportunities – perhaps even get started on your own “handyman” business.

7. Minimize your possessions.
There are a lot of reasons for doing this. The biggest one is that the more stuff you have, the more money you’ve wasted. Also, fewer possessions mean that you need less room to live. For a while, all of my worldly possessions (clothes included) fit in a single Rubbermaid tub – and that made it extremely easy to actually live in someone’s living room for a while.

8. Make a steely commitment to succeed.
Even after you’ve done all of this, it still takes some serious commitment to make all of this work. You can get yourself in a position where you’re not spending more than you make, but it takes commitment to stay there. Remind yourself every daythat you’re not going to waste money and that you’re going to spend less than you earn this week – and this month – and this year. That’s the one way you can get ahead.

9. Save automatically.
So what do you do when you are making more than you’re spending? Take that extra money and put it into a savings account. But just doing that every once in a while won’t cut it. Keep most of your money in a checking account, then go to the library and use the internet access there to set up an online savings account with a big bank, like ING or HSBC. Set up an automatic savings plan there to withdraw $10 a week from your main checking – or maybe even more. Then walk away and forget about it. What will happen? After a year, you’ll have $530 or so in the account. If you’ve put in more weekly, you’ll have even more.

10. Educate yourself.
While you’re putting yourself in a better financial place, spend your spare time educating yourself. Take classes at the nearest community college and work towards some kind of degree. If you need to, transfer to a state university – if you’ve been working on minimum wage for a long time and are actually making strong progress towards a degree, they will help you big time with paying for it. The key isgetting started – see what your local community college has to offer.

One final tip: don’t give up the dream.
If you’re working a minimum wage job, either you’re very young, very lazy, or very unlucky. All of these can be overcome, but they take time and commitment and a lot of hard work. It’s very easy to give up the dream of a better life when you’re doing this. Don’t. You can succeed and you will succeed if you spend every day taking steps in the right direction. Surround yourself with people who are also fighting to go in the right direction. Don’t be resentful of people in a better situation than you – instead, use them as inspiration and realize that if you keep on the path, you’ll get there too.
I doubt if you live in Nigeria: Do I hear you say free food in churches? Free internet access in Libraries? Hahahahahahahahaha here in Nigeria? You must be joking.I doubt if you live in Nigeria: Do I hear you say free food in churches? Free internet access in Libraries? Hahahahahahahahaha here in Nigeria? You must be joking.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by omeiz93: 4:30pm On May 15, 2015
don't see anything bad doing 6k job, it is better you are taking something than not. I have a friend, we graduated together, he is earning 5k a month as salary from where he teaches.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Gboliwe: 4:39pm On May 15, 2015
Ephemmm:

What about those who did not even know what they will eat after waking up in the morning not to talk of transport fare to the place of internship? Just thank God you have somebody who is responsible for that in your own case.

Volunteering job cannot be done with ease through empty stomach, the truth is evident.

Speak for yourself.

If you must achieve your set goal(s) in life, always have it at the back of your mind that something(s) must give. It will never be easy. The moment you are fixated at the bigger picture, a temporary issue like empty stomach will not arise.

The whole idea is to get experience and be able to fare well in any competition.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by talk2yommex2000(m): 4:48pm On May 15, 2015
Healthnow:
It is a pity, but of a truth, if anybody is a graduate and he or she took a job that pays him or her #6,000, in a month, then it means that the person is a lazy fellow. Call this number 07067031713, and i will tell you better things to do to make money before you get a good job

Your comment good but ur moniker dey fear me ooo. Una know wetin d moniker dey suggest to job seekers?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Ephemmm: 4:54pm On May 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Speak for yourself.

If you must achieve your set goal(s) in life, always have it at the back of your mind that something(s) must give. It will never be easy. The moment you are fixated at the bigger picture, a temporary issue like empty stomach will not arise.

The whole idea is to get experience and be able to fare well in any competition.

So, a graduate with 1st class didn't give anything before he graduated? If you are sensitive enough, you would have realized that majority leave from hand to mouth in Nigeria. You did volunteer job for many months and you did not lack transport fare not to talk of feeding, you are just lucky take it or leave it.

In the same vein, who tell you that everybody can even have that kind of opportunity to gain experience in such company? I tell you, there millions of graduates ready to do internship if transportation and feeding could be well taken care of.

Get the fact!

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Akposkool(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

Liesangryangryangry

So you telling me you can't start a blogangryangry
sorry bro am not into the blog stuff. Am just chasing perfection for now. Money will be stream rolling soon. Believe that

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 5:01pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
sorry bro am not into the blog stuff. Am just chasing perfection for now. Money will be stream rolling soon. Believe that

Lies angry
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Gboliwe: 5:56pm On May 15, 2015
Ephemmm:

So, a graduate with 1st class didn't give anything before he graduated? If you are sensitive enough, you would have realized that majority leave from hand to mouth in Nigeria. You did volunteer job for many months and you did not lack transport fare not to talk of feeding, you are just lucky take it or leave it.

In the same vein, who tell you that everybody can even have that kind of opportunity to gain experience in such company? I tell you, there millions of graduates ready to do internship if transportation and feeding could be well taken care of.

Get the fact!

Whatever fries your kosai! I don't know how to go back and forth.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by djjosh(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2015
SO MANY DISGUISED UNEMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA...GOD HELP US.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Derumania: 6:03pm On May 15, 2015
I will love it so much if a law that will enforce these so called private schools in Nigeria to obey minimum wage is enacted.Many of these school owners are greedy and self centered.Many of them can afford to pay their teachers reasonable amounts but prefer to pump the money realised into establishing another schools or other businesses at the expense of their employees' welfares.Many of them do the way they like since there is no law checkmating their activities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 6:05pm On May 15, 2015
leeraz:
ENGINEERING SOFTWARE TRAINING…ABUJA
Just in case you missed out on the last months training session on Piping/Plant Design, Process Design, Pipe Stress Analysis, Project Management or any of our soft skills training packages at Esque Nig. Ltd, the opportunity is here again!. Avail yourself the opportunity to acquire the skills to kick off your career development process with more skills/options to boost your profile.

Our training packages exposes you to practical engineering and gives you an edge over your colleagues in the oil and gas field.
Our training materials are very comprehensive and specifically tailored to give the trainee as practical understand of each package
Our instructors are professional engineers & consultants with practical experience in the divers engineering projects, design, simulation, analysis etc.
We also offer one on one training options for each package with a very flexible time table very suitable for your busy schedules.

WHAT YOU WILL GAIN

-Proficient engineering skills in Design-simulation-modeling-analysis etc
-interactive and practical hands-on training sessions
-Free E-books and training manuals
-Free software installation
-A Certificate on satisfactory completion of training

Some of our courses and programs include:
#Plant Design Management System (PDMS) – Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Process Engineers
#Modelling, Fabrication, Simulation and Animation using Solidworks and Inventor.
#Road and Infrastructure design with Civil-3D
#Project Management & planning with Microsoft project
#Autocad 2D & 3D engineering designs, drafting and modeling

At Esque Nig. Ltd, our mission is to help young engineers acquire and develop world class engineering skills to aid him/her maximize and utilize the full potentials of his/her career opportunities
For further enquiries and for training registration please contact us with the information below!
CALL: 08103173481, 09099820504…

Useless person!

Your company does not even have a basic thing as a website, yet you think you can train people on a complex technology dependent industry.

How do you conduct your training, with chalk and blackboards?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 15, 2015
Ephemmm:

Bros, thank God for where He situated you ooooo: you might not be better than those in this shoe, honestly.

My guy, I won't insult u because you talk as if you a little kid who doesn't know what reality means. am a fresh graduate and a job seeker rite nw but before end of every monthly I make nothing less than 40k from different hustling despite am not working or receiving any monthly salary. what can you do with N6000 monthly salary in this harsh Nigeria economy ? plz tell me, I really want to know. even a beggar makes more than that in a month.... awaiting ur reply patiently

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by talk2yommex2000(m): 6:19pm On May 15, 2015
Derumania:
I will love it so much if a law that will enforce these so called private schools in Nigeria to obey minimum wage is enacted.Many of these school owners are greedy and self centered.Many of them can afford to pay their teachers reasonable amounts but prefer to pump the money realised into establishing another schools or other businesses at the expense of their employees' welfares.Many of them do the way they like since there is no law checkmating their activities.

you av a point bro, but wat do you say of some state (governors) in Nigeria who claimed there is no sufficient resources/allocation to implement the 18k minimum wage? Just 18k, the same amount of money which is not enough for their (naija governors and senators) concubines or girlfriends to do shopping in a day.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Akposkool(m): 6:20pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

Lies angry
everyone can't be a blogger Boss. Our destinies are different. I do what I please and not what people wish
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by GodMode: 6:26pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
everyone can't be a blogger Boss. Our destinies are different. I do what I please and not what people wish

For a writer... That's bad...
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Akposkool(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

For a writer... That's bad...
so every writer should be a blogger by your logic? I don't second that

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

Too many excuses in your comment...

Stop the excuses and get busy...

Excuse you!

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by zeongeon: 6:41pm On May 15, 2015
Useless country.. At times I wonder if its necessary to go to school in nigeria why can't one just pay a master and learn a trade..No diginity in labour rather the country/labour/employer even takes away ur diginity....

Graduate will suffer finish to read, parents will spend to see there children through school only for the child to earn 6k ...Godforbid!!!..why can't nigeria be like other developed countries? Why does d black man have a black mind? Why do we have cursed leaders? And why do d youths fold there arms and watch polithiefcians ruin their life?...once again Useless country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N-power Batch C: Unsuccessful N-power Batch C Applicants Moved To Stream 2 / Air Force Institute Of Technology (AFIT) Kaduna Recruitment For Academic Jobs / Reconfirmation Of (nis) Immigration Application Form 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.