Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion (26812 Views)

Banker Warehouse Employment Test / Notification For Employment Test With Heritage Bank / P & G Employment Test Sample Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by modicum: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
I sat for an employment test today and candidates were given ten(10) minutes to discuss the above subject.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by SilaV: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
It depends on the perspective with which an individual wants to view the equation.For instance,if we were to look at it from mathematics angle,then the following conditions would apply:
(1) The number bases you are working with.If it were to be base ten,then the answer would be 2.However,if it were to be base two,the answer would be "10"(pronounced one-zero)
(2)The operation the "cross" symbol represents.That is,the concept of binary operation would be looked at.In binary operation,the cross or plus sign is not regarded as the "normal addition" operator.Any sign that comes in-between two numbers in binary operation is often expressed as "operation". For example, 1+1 is read as "one operation one". Of course, in binary operation if the plus sign actually means addition,then one of the rule would apply;1+1= 1.
Again, if the equation is to be looked at from social perspective,then the institution of marriage would come to mind.In marriage: 1+1=1
Just my contribution.

97 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Drsheddy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
2 end. TT

6 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by lyfe(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
According to my primary school teacher (-1 + 1) is impossible, but (1+1) one plus one

In Arithmetics 1+1 = 2
In bedmatics 1+ 1= 1
In business 1+1= 11 ......Ask Dangote.
In election rigging 1+1= 11,100 votes ....Ask PDP.

173 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Eobiabo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
hmmm dats quite confusing though
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by iamdjizzy: 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
If u ask me I'll say 11 sha #dnt blame me, blame ASUU vs FG royal rumble

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by jericco1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
1+1=0..no one is above normal!

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Egbagirl(f): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
SilaV: It depends on the perspective with which an individual wants to view the equation.For instance,if we were to look at it from mathematics angle,then the following conditions would apply:
(1) The number bases you are working with.If it were to be base ten,then the answer would be 2.However,if it were to be base two,the answer would be "10"(pronounced one-zero)
(2)The operation the cross symbol represents.That is,the concept of binary operation would be looked at.In binary operation,the cross or plus sign is not regarded as the "normal addition" operator.Any sign that comes in-between two numbers in binary operation is often expressed as "opertion".For example, 1+1 is read as "one operation one".Of course, in binary operation if the plus sign actually means addition,then one of the rule would apply;1+1= 1.
Again, if the equation is to be looked at from social perspective,then the institution of marriage would come to mind.In marriage: 1+1=1
Just my contribution.

The question is: Negative 1 plus positive 1

Not

Positive 1 plus positive 1

2 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
There is an irony to your question. To justify the statement without evidence to support the justification is as relevant as the statement itself.
so if there isn't more to the question.

Answer should be 1

2 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by bighead1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
WTF!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by vladimiros: 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Don't forget to take urn alomo with you

remember, an employee or drinks works better smiley

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Davo93(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmmm... strange question tho, @OP, please don't quit the thread without dropping a solution. These are things we want to see at the front page not Tonto Dikeh...

8 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Lusaint(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Its 1 na,meanin u nd ur oga go dey close

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Christmasdon(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
.unu abiakwa.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by scientology(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
1+1= 5ex
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by hrmkz: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
See olodo dem.
The answer is "wanti one"

2 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by naijaobi(m): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
in mathematics, -1+1=0
but in dis case -1+1 = >1 or <1..
Think deep and u'll undstand wot i mean cheesy
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Codedrock(m): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ansa= 11 LIKE this if you think i am correct

3 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by bighead1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
what kind of question is this?
hell no, I will tell him I don't know it. angry

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by YoshiMaster: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
SilaV: It depends on the perspective with which an individual wants to view the equation.For instance,if we were to look at it from mathematics angle,then the following conditions would apply:
(2)The operation the cross symbol represents.That is,the concept of binary operation would be looked at.In binary operation,the cross or plus sign is not regarded as the "normal addition" operator.Any sign that comes in-between two numbers in binary operation is often expressed as "opertion".For example, 1+1 is read as "one operation one".Of course, in binary operation if the plus sign actually means addition,then one of the rule would apply;1+1= 1.
Just my contribution.

The portion in bold is just semantics, even in base 2, the equivalent would be the same magnitude.

10 = (1*2^1)+(0*2^0) = 2 in base 10.

If that were to be the case, we might as well use other bases, not just 2 and 10, meaning we'd be answering for a while.

I like the marriage one though, but all in all, I feel it's a somewhat dumb question.

4 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Standing5(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Good point from SilaV, if it was probability the answer would be 1 because probability of independent & certain events remains certainty A.K.A. 1
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by sainty2k3(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
U can make it whatever u want it to be, but u'll need to give another answer apart frm 2. Cos their aim is to look for someone who think outside the box

2 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Bankybankz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
-1+1=0...coz it cancel each oda

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by infiniteloop(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
1+1= whatever you choose to define it.

Like earlier stated, it depends on the operating base of computation.

An example of what I mean is this:
1, 2, 4, ? What's the next number in the series?

This is a common math problem and on lower level of thinking, it is safe to assume this is a GP series and then conclude the next number is 8.

However looking deeper, the next number could be 17/3.

(1x5 -3)/1 =2
(2x5 -3)/2 =4
So third term will be (4x5 -3)/3 =17/3

Point is: when asked such a question, technically the right answer is to ask the condition.

7 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by prospero5(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
yes. Don't forget binary operation notion, the marriage idea, then our normal base ten addition.
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by sainty2k3(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
U can make it whatever u want it to be, but u'll need to give another answer apart frm 2. Cos their aim is to look for someone who think outside the box . I'll give like 4 different answers and reasons why it could be any of the 4 wink

2 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
1+1=2.

Except u re told 2 work it out in base 2 wic is 1 remainder 0 (10)
Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by orgasticdance: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
ur interviewer just wants to know if u can talk intelligently. That is all. Theres no right or wrong answer. i'll go with the bigger than the sum of our parts narrative and use examples(effective teams blah blah blah) if i were on the hot seat. just basically shooting the rag for 5-10 minutes without breaking a sweat grin

1 Like

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by YoshiMaster: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
sainty2k3: U can make it whatever u want it to be, but u'll need to give another answer apart frm 2. Cos their aim is to look for someone who think outside the box . I'll give like 4 different answers and reasons why it could be any of the 4 wink

Still a dumb interview question in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Leobreezy(m): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
So after learning algebra, calculus and all those complicated crap in secondary school, it's 1+1 they're asking now. End time things indeed sad

19 Likes

Re: Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion by Shifiunited: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
In management system 1+1=3

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) / What Is The Least Salary 4 The Nigeria Police Force. / Advice To Unemployed Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.