Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... (25271 Views)

Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / The Real Meaning Of "ORUBEBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=barcanista post=33762900]I have observed that non SS/SE people are quick to flood threads such as this to derail or preach half truth. I urge brothers/sisters not to relent or demoralised in this call for fairness and equity.

Keep it up Whynotthetruth, Mogidi and others[/quote SMH... so you think all the pple opposing this thread are non SS/SEners?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by ENDTIMES: 4:25pm On May 15, 2015
Your write up would have been wonderful and timely if you published it 3 or 4 years ago to open up Jonathan's eyes and that of the so called south southerners "chopping money with him".

They say that charity begins at home but Jonathan began his own in the North.

With all the effort made by Amaechi's administration Port Harcourt still remain a slum because the state was really in the dark ages under Odili who focused more on sharing money to a few instead of developing the state.

I don't blame anybody for the woes of the east/south because even in a football match if you are awarded a penalty and you decide to shoot into your own goal, the referee will record it in favour of the opponents.

The last five years would have been a great opportunity to redress a lot of wrongs down south but Jonathan and his team of coconut heads including Orubebe (that has disgraced his family for eternity) decided to throw it to the dogs.

What did Orubebe achieve as a Minister of Niger Delta? Go and see the sham called east/west road without bridges in perennial problematic junctions like Rumuokoro and Tank junctions in Port Harcourt.

Only for Orubebe to come on international television and add insult to the injury we carried for 5 years. Jonathan's administration was a complete nonsense for the ss and se and nobody caused it for them. They (together with PEJ that lacked complete public decorum and seemed uncontrollable) brought it upon themselves.

I earnestly enjoin all Nigerians to pray for Buhari's administration to better the nation even if his charity begins from the north.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by jmaine: 4:31pm On May 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Did OBJ perform to expectations? The answer is a capital NO. Was late Yar'Adua delivering the goods?[size=14pt]I'll score him 60%.
[/size]

:

OBJ and GEJ failed according to you but an ultra stagnant govt. of Yar Adua scored 60%.

What a sad joke, a reason why concerned folks shouldn't take you serious cos your rating system is highly questionable . . . .
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:35pm On May 15, 2015
after1:

Bros, be honest. Is there any need for that his post. This is nairaland and anyone can contribute to any thread. Why is contribution from others labelled derailing of thread, too bad.

Why not correct with some love bro?...I am not perfect but sometimes I feel hurt by the amount of hatred between us...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2015
XRAY21:
he did not even read the write up b4 he commented o

grincheesy
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:37pm On May 15, 2015
atlwireles:

It's well, things happened for a greater purpose. The next chapter has started already, without this election, I doubt if it were possible.

Sure...it's started...let's keep awake and active boss
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:40pm On May 15, 2015
Ritchiee:

you are welcome but as much as I love Jonathan, he played the tribal politics and the North capitalised on that..as I said...the big question... how does the South come together politically?a million pound question...

Yes a million pound question indeed...part of the reason for articles like this...somehow it awakens our consciousness and pushes our politicians to work beyond myopic interest especially when they go for regional meetings of governors etc
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 4:40pm On May 15, 2015
frodobee:

Mr Mynd you are arguing for and against. You said Nigeria cannot be regionalized- a good point and he countered it, and then you came up with this point qouted. Can't you see in the quoted that there is bias for regionalism in your post? Also, according to history books Nigeria witnessed massive growth during the era of regional govt.are you going to disprove or shed more light on that?
This thing is quite easy. For Nigeria to truly have federalism, you need to go back to the states regions cos that is creating another wahala.

Whatever the states have, let them control it 100% and pay tax to the government at the centre of pay a certain amount for the security etc.

Have regions like SW or NW and having them work independently is just causing another wahala as each region is going to be hit with the same tribal/religious wahala as regards leadership.

If Bayelsa is able to generate money let Bayelsa state control that money and use it to develop Bayelsa. Having a regional and then individual state is just another government at the centre as we will make the government at the centre of each region too damn sweet.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by babaireti(m): 4:41pm On May 15, 2015
Who is this FOOL that posted this trash? if you are averse to progress and impervious to CHANGE then go hug a transformer: but as for me and my family,SAI BABA
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2015
WaffenSS:

Nigeria is geopolitically divided as it fits the narrative of the moment. Sometimes there's just north vs south, sometimes its north, south, and east, and so on.

The military dictators of whom you gripe about have only 3 from the socalled core north. The rest were from the north central (or middle belt, when convenient).

Our political history has always laid the failures of political leadership on the heads of the military rulers, so when democracy came about in 1999 we thought that finally we've got the chance to make things right.

Its 2015 now, and we've been running a democracy for16 years. In those 16 years, the south has ruled for 14years.

14 years is more than enough time to put so many things right.

So the failure of this democracy, these wasted 14 years, these endless series of social, economic, and political problems are rooted in southern misrule.

The perennial whipping boy, the "aboki", should not be held responsible for your perceived woes.

Its now up to you to convince us how GEJ was a blessing to the south (or ss/se, as is the trend now) beyond the morsels of federal appointments you find so insulting.

Yes...South has ruled but like the original post stated, Obj was more of an offshoot of the oligarchs... if you know how they have to set aside all rules to get him to become the flag bearer as against Ekwueme who would have won in that Joe convention... Obj was part of them and cares less about masses insofar he's need and order are met...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:47pm On May 15, 2015
philips70:

Well...Did Rochas really loot his state dry or these are just some accusations borne out of sentiments? I would want citizens at this moment hold on to the anti-corruption crusade of GMB and ask for an all encompassing probe of everyone who have been in government recently. If Rochas or anyone is found guilty they should be punished accordingly and our monies retrieved. It is something that can be done, it just needs the voice of everyone and not all this ethnic jingo going on here and there. Question is if Goodluck won this elections will we still be asking for all these? It all looks like subtle escape and amnesty for all those who just looted the country dry.

Imo state notwithstanding it's an oil producing state has been banned by CBN from further borrowing because they aren't credit worthy again.... Compare them to their neighbors Anambra that has more development projects with no single debt at all and yet not an oil producing state....
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:48pm On May 15, 2015
philips70:

Well...Did Rochas really loot his state dry or these are just some accusations borne out of sentiments? I would want citizens at this moment hold on to the anti-corruption crusade of GMB and ask for an all encompassing probe of everyone who have been in government recently. If Rochas or anyone is found guilty they should be punished accordingly and our monies retrieved. It is something that can be done, it just needs the voice of everyone and not all this ethnic jingo going on here and there. Question is if Goodluck won this elections will we still be asking for all these? It all looks like subtle escape and amnesty for all those who just looted the country dry.

Imo state notwithstanding it's an oil producing state has been banned by CBN from further borrowing because they aren't credit worthy again.... Compare them to their neighbors Anambra that has more development projects with no single debt at all and yet not an oil producing state....Nobody will hold him accountable because he's APC hence ordained saint and his atrocities swept under carpet...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2015
tomakint:
@Whynotthetruth, this is a beautiful, thought-provoking masterpiece you got up there. Ab initio, there was a Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria. The Colonialists saw the coming disintegration from Northern Nigeria especially the likely rebellion from Northern minority and as well saw the strong cohesion from Southern Nigeria and something needed to be done. Hence, the story of how Nigeria became an artificial creation of the British by perpetualy creating the Northern Hegemony over us all.

Thanks boss...I am loyal
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Same way nobody will ever be President without permission from the South. It's a two way thing so stop playing the victim card.

I wish this was true but not at all...they only need the little spread of 25% in less than 5states from all southern states...It's really pathetic and painful to see oneself playing second fiddle in one's country...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by after1: 4:54pm On May 15, 2015
IsraeliAirPilot:

Dont mind the hypocrite. He is a fool. The same person that was telling SW how they will vote for Jonathan

werey

He was not complaining then, the SW didnt attack him for his analysis of how they will vote. But the hypocrite and chamleon now wants a discussion of only SS/SE on nairaland, he can go do that in his forum. I hate hypocrites and double mouth people. You cant see me attack the Op or one dearpreye guy, cos he is not an hypocrite even when he is attacking and calling the SW slaves recently, he is still better than double faced people.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:56pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=MosquitoREBIRTH post=33769837][/quote]

Where ever we are from...equity and justice should be observed bro...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by timota(m): 4:56pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Maybe true...but states like Anambra has been in opposition since 2006...
what u call APGA opposition in Ananbra we know it as auxiliary PDP. Note that APGA and Pdp has been having a single presidential candidate in last two elections
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by AhmedMustapha(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I wish this was true but not at all...they only need the little spread of 25% in less than 5states from all southern states...It's really pathetic and painful to see oneself playing second fiddle in one's country...
Just like the South needs the little spread of 25% in 7 states and the FCT in all Northern states and Nobody is playing second fiddle, one can't just do without the other.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by philips70(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Imo state notwithstanding it's an oil producing state has been banned by CBN from further borrowing because they aren't credit worthy again.... Compare them to their neighbors Anambra that has more development projects with no single debt at all and yet not an oil producing state....Nobody will hold him accountable because he's APC hence ordained saint and his atrocities swept under carpet...

I don't think Buhari have such mind set. He just needs the support and craving of the people to clean the Augean Stable. After all, if what we read in the papers and net is the truth you saw what he said to him about his SOS shout. Nigeria needs a paradigm shift from the norms, north, south, east and west. The ordinary people are suffering wherever they come from. Greedy leaders are our problems and they are everywhere around the country. They are the common enemy the youth of today should gather to fight.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Gbawe: 5:04pm On May 15, 2015
ENDTIMES:
Your write up would have been wonderful and timely if you published it 3 or 4 years ago to open up Jonathan's eyes and that of the so called south southerners "chopping money with him".

They say that charity begins at home but Jonathan began his own in the North.

With all the effort made by Amaechi's administration Port Harcourt still remain a slum because the state was really in the dark ages under Odili who focused more on sharing money to a few instead of developing the state.

I don't blame anybody for the woes of the east/south because even in a football match if you are awarded a penalty and you decide to shoot into your own goal, the referee will record it in favour of the opponents.

The last five years would have been a great opportunity to redress a lot of wrongs down south but Jonathan and his team of coconut heads including Orubebe (that has disgraced his family for eternity) decided to throw it to the dogs.

What did Orubebe achieve as a Minister of Niger Delta? Go and see the sham called east/west road without bridges in perennial problematic junctions like Rumuokoro and Tank junctions in Port Harcourt.

Only for Orubebe to come on international television and add insult to the injury we carried for 5 years. Jonathan's administration was a complete nonsense for the ss and se and nobody caused it for them. They (together with PEJ that lacked complete public decorum and seemed uncontrollable) brought it upon themselves.

I earnestly enjoin all Nigerians to pray for Buhari's administration to better the nation even if his charity begins from the north.

Thank you. Dare I say that with adequate power supply, good infrastructure, high quality education and training, jobs, an empowered and growing SME sector, self-sufficient crude oil refining capacity et al then all Nigerians will be able to make what they want of Nigeria. I am all for devolution of power and true fiscal federalism but these are issues we should commit to always and not be found agitating for only after our candidate has lost the election. This is the issue I have with the OP. I think nothing is more pathetic and self-delusional than for some to be portraying other Nigerians as impediments to their development when they parade the worst, most selfish, most callous and most anti-people leaders on show in Nigeria today.

This new-found SE and SS nationalism is all very fashionable, in a self-pitying and sore loser kind of way, since GEJ lost but the two regions need to hear and heed the truth which is that no Northerner or south-Westerner is more responsible for the plight of the SE and SS today than the callous, highly corrupt and self-serving leaders of those regions. We are not kids here even if some of you want to behave that way with an irresponsible refusal to accept that your direct leaders, first and foremost, are responsible for where you find yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by nigerdeltaa(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks bro...Let it echo to the heavens that we are no more at peace here...that its either restructuring of this country is undertaken or it becomes to your tents O Isreal !!!
Nobody will take you serious except you take up ARMS
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
N.AKED Lecturer Boy(NLB). grin

You've deleted your naked pictures from the internet yet? C'mon ! Bro, you're fuccking naked before us so your opinion is full of bullshiit and can be trashed into the trashcan.

You too now has the guts to talk tough when [size=15pt]men[/size] are talking ?

Mehn ,Seun should stage a real life duel with these iidiots let's see who the real men are . grin
Hopeless jangbajantis boy.

. . . . . . . . . .did I hear men? . . . . . . . . . .boy shouldn't you be somewhere in romance section playing woman wrapper? . . . . . . . . . . .you want a real life duel? . . . . . . . . . . . .only kids fight in the play ground, the men are busy with "MAN THINGS" . . . . . . . . . . grin grin
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2015
timota:
what u call APGA opposition in Ananbra we know it as auxiliary PDP. Note that APGA and Pdp has been having a single presidential candidate in last two elections

Yes...APGA adopted PDP candidate at presidency but outside that it's real politics and fight back home for other posts...And under Obj, it was hell for Anambra state thank God for a Peter Obi then under APGA...though Obj still made it somewhat unbearable for him...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . .did I hear men? . . . . . . . . . .boy shouldn't you be somewhere in romance section playing woman wrapper? . . . . . . . . . . .you want a real life duel? . . . . . . . . . . . .only kids fight in the play ground, the men are busy with "MAN THINGS" . . . . . . . . . . grin grin
Of course doing a man's thing in your life without romance is an absolute failure.

Real men keep their women beside them and still win wars. grin grin
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Of course doing a man's thing in your life without romance is an absolute failure.

Real men keep their women beside them and still win wars. grin grin

. . . . . .sissies hustle in the romance section seeking it out grin grin grin . . . . . . . . . .real men allow the women to hustle them . . . . . . . .it's called control grin grin

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by tripod(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Truth be told, confab didn't arrive at that conclusion but they did quasi-restructuring of the country...which most representatives of the north were against...Remember, the mandate to them including those in PDP was to protect the interest of the North not Nigeria...Coincidentally, the confab report was pro-nigeria but anti-north...So what again do you expect them to do if not to kill the report...how do you kill the report easily?...Get Jonathan out of the way...With this they restrategized and keyed into Jagaban's thirst for national influence....

Did you just say they got gej out of the way to kill the report?
My question is; was there a clear path to implementing the report by gej if he was voted in?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
Nobody will take you serious except you take up ARMS
Of course all options are on the table but you can only take up arms with solid arrangement else they will pull out the rug under your feet and you're so fuccking down for many years.

We've got to plan well , a watertight plan before anything unless we are deciding to go the matrys way which also commands respect as long as you're willing to go to war with everything at stake and ready to lose it all or win some but at what price?
I rep diplomacy and politics.
Don't fight at home alone or when your kinsmen and passerby aren't anywhere close to you , just in case the tides changes against you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 15, 2015
after1:

He was not complaining then, the SW didnt attack him for his analysis of how they will vote. But the hypocrite and chamleon now wants a discussion of only SS/SE on nairaland, he can go do that in his forum. I hate hypocrites and double mouth people. You cant see me attack the Op or one dearpreye guy, cos he is not an hypocrite even when he is attacking and calling the SW slaves recently, he is still better than double faced people.

It's not in my character to attack a person or their tribes, except in extreme cases when the same is dosed to my tribe. Everyone gets a bit personal when their tribe or lineage is insulted and lampooned.

An idiot insulted my tribe as backward and I simply reminded him some salient points he seemed to have forgotten.

This forum is a learning ground to me!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by atlwireles: 5:33pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Of course all options are on the table but you can only take up arms with solid arrangement else they will pull out the rug under your feet and you're so fuccking down for many years.

We've got to plan well , a watertight plan before anything unless we are deciding to go the matrys way which also commands respect as long as you're willing to go to war with everything at stake and ready to lose it all or win some but at what price?
Don't fight at home alone or when your kinsmen and passerby aren't anywhere close to you , just in case the tides changes against you.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mafious(m): 5:34pm On May 15, 2015
I can't help but shake my head in disgust when I read nonsense like this being peddled. This is the down side of freedom of speech I guess.
You guys really think the whole lot of us a intellectually deficient.

How do you put Aguyi Ironsi and Saro Wiwa in the same sentence. It did not take two sentences and I could tell this is another angry Igbo man. We should all vote for Jonathan because you said so? Even if the man was the best president on the planet if the majority rejects you, deal with it that's Democracy.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but you are certainly not entitled to the facts. Facts are just that facts.

1) no single tribe has a plenal majority in Nigeria so astute politicians have alway made it a point to forge alliances and vote strategically. From the word go our SE brothers have never even agreed among themselves in effect making them second class actor politically, whose fault?

2) Saro Wiwa was a freedom fighter and he was Murdered because he fought for a better deal for his people the Ogonis. Ironsi on the other hand was self serving if their was a better word for it. Nzeogwu attackes the residence of the most prominent Northern Prince with anti-tank artillery (a civilian target, violating all the codes of military combat), killing his relatives including Women and Children but that was not enough after finding him still alive they dragged Ahmadu Bello into a room and lobbed Grenades in before sealing the door shut. If the King of your village was killed like that would you accept it? Nobody hated Ironsi all they asked him was; let the coup plotters be brought before justice but he refused, he saw it as a chance to make himself emperor over all and his blood was held in recompense.

3) Ojukwu their so call hero would at the judgment seat have to answer for the lives of his kins men who died needless because he was to become Emperor of a sovereign biafran state. Seeing what had become of Ironsi any smart person would have planned his next course of action carefully not Ojukwu he declared a new nation and ascribed to himself title of commander in chief. While Gowon was making friends with all the other nations in a bid to garner support for the impending war even convincing the U.S.S.R and U.S to help him ( a master stroke of genius at the height of the Cold War) Ojukwu declared haughtily that no force in African can withstand the new Biafra, effectively allienating any nation on the continent willing to help him.

4) Nothing aggravates me a SW folk than when people blame Awolowo for the biafran loss, are they going to say Obafemi was smarter than a whole nation. He travelled to the east risking his own personal safety to sue for peace but the arrogant Ojukwu would have non of it. What was he to do beg Biafra? While both sides attended peace meetings Nigeria recruited and procured weapons and supplies in preparation for war our eastern brothers were drawing up a new flag and composing national anthem. They minted new currency with the face of Ojukwu the great donning it. When finally war broke we found out that Biafra possessed not a single anti-tank or anti-aircraft weapons not one. The war was effectively lost before it started, while all the time bragging a military officer of his caliber was unprepared did he think he was going to win a war with brooms. He could have accepted the overtures for peace and averted the inevitable, yet he sent his kins men undertrained, unfed, scarcely armed to their death and he's a hero? In the end he ran from his beloved state like a thief in the night.

5) in closing Jonathan lost the election because he could not think strategically, he took religious and regional ties for granted and hence he lost. To our half informed brothers who come here and post rubbish, silence should not be taken for stupidity.
Buhari is Nigeria's new president be sure for swear your allegiances.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by nigerdeltaa(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2015
Truckpusher:

my brother, diplomacy has NEVER worked in this zoo. ask isaac boro and ken saro wiwa. it has NEVER worked and it will NEVER. The only option is VIOLENCE.

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Truckpusher(m): 5:37pm On May 15, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . .sissies hustle in the romance section seeking it out grin grin grin . . . . . . . . . .real men allow the women to hustle them . . . . . . . .it's called control grin grin
Fake real men controls them, but real men would always woman wrapper them and still use the fucking control button bro.

Bro, You be learner - you dey learn work I swear.
Choose what you would want to control and not just about controls.
If you don't go down on your knees in the cornfield , you'll never pick matures cobes. grin

You will always end up with chaffs. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ese Tonukari Dies In Accident In Delta (Photo) / VP Osinbajo With The Hausa Community In Lagos. Pictures. / Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.