Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... (25383 Views)

Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / The Real Meaning Of "ORUBEBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 1:31pm On May 15, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

If Atiku could even move you, then tell me why a man called Jonathan bought the Presidential form
It was amusing to me though. He failed so much, I did not mind Atiku winning the primary
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2015
Horlufemi:

Orubebe's spirit is dead and buried. Orubebe even admitted his error.

https://www.nairaland.com/2314897/forensic-analysis-orubebes-drama

Bro, this article wasn't if stopping the process of announcing result was right or wrong but something more...go back and read with open mind...thanks
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by durosegun(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2015
Jonathan didn't lose the election because of northern conspiracy, but because of his incompetence and his mal handling of the economy. His showings in the last five years is a proof that he lacks the balls and the political will to govern this country and recent revelations regarding the true state of the economy also show that the country will be run aground if Jonathan is left to one more year in office.
He openly played tribal politics and successfully divide the country along religion and ethnic lines. Never in the history of this country are the major tribes now seeing themselves as more of their tribes than more of Nigeria.
Myself, most of my close pals and every eligible member of my family voted for Jonathan in 2011 and I openly campaigned for him because we felt he would make a difference being a former lecturer but he let everyone down. Just few years into his administration, money started developing wings and disappeared and nothing was done to stop it. The same people that have demonized by Nigerians became his confidants and cronies. Only a selfish, senile bigot would want that to continue. I campaigned for him in 2011 but I also campaigned against him in the last election and this time around, I made sure I convinced everyone that I know or privileged to have conversation with on the many reasons why he must be not returned.
So my friends, there might be northern agenda but Jonathan was the Principal architect of his own failure.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . .Mr man, Jonathan was the poster child of 'anti' true federalism . . . . . . . . . .you supported him dearly . . . . . . . . . .he lost, and now (due to joblessness) you turn to a pro-true federalism advocate . . . . . . . . . . . .it's easy to discern the ethnic mask all over your face . . . . . . . . . . . . .your brother lost and you can't bring yourself to believe that all you bragged about was in vain . . . . . . . . . . . ."woe to our youths, for they are freely up for sale"

1)How was Jonathan anti-fiscal federalism?...By constituting confab right?

2)That you're up for grab for the highest bidder doesn't put others in your cadre...

3)I am proud of my patriarch and ancestry... hope you're ashamed of yours?

4)Joblessness is when you have time enough to monitor others and comment on their threads too...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2015
GrammarPolicee:

are u just realizing this fact?
see eh, truth be told, when it comes to politics, no region knows it better than the north. They so much love and soak themselves in politics nd also know how to play the game. An average northerner will prefer to buy a world receiver radio to be aware of what is goingonin the political hemisphere while his Southern counterpart will procure a smartphone for pinging...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Ritchiee: 1:38pm On May 15, 2015
Facts:
We were thrown together by destiny
2.The white men gave power to the North albeit through rigging.
3The South is more powerful than the North if they can come together.
4.North solicits the support of one part of the south against the other because the South cannot come together.
5.South East especially is always wary of the South West since the time of Azikiwe.I don't know why.
6.South South is always wary of the South East because of the South East's spirit of domination-my Calabar friend told me this...
Solution?
next...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Now this revolutional and collosal tribalist is famzing the SE that he has effortlessly insulted?

Please you people should stop clowning abeg

Just like you seem to profess new faith now outside the bigotry for which I knew you...so also others... Smiling today because the system is favourable now should not make you blind to the flaws inherent therein...wake up now...join the call...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Gbawe: 1:40pm On May 15, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . .Mr man, Jonathan was the poster child of 'anti' true federalism . . . . . . . . . .you supported him dearly . . . . . . . . . .he lost, and now (due to joblessness) you turn to a pro-true federalism advocate . . . . . . . . . . . .it's easy to discern the ethnic mask all over your face . . . . . . . . . . . . .your brother lost and you can't bring yourself to believe that all you bragged about was in vain . . . . . . . . . . . ."woe to our youths, for they are freely up for sale"

Thank you and God bless you ojare. These insincere and clannish Nairalanders do not realize that their past post are here to highlight their hypocrisy when they don the 'zoro' mask to then try and pretend to be today what they were not interested in associating with yesterday. Yeye and hypocrisy dey smell.

Jonathan was indeed "the poster child of 'anti' true federalism" and it is nauseating that those who wanted him to continue in power and were blind to GEJ's devotion to inordinate concentration of wealth, power and institutional authority in the hands of the FG, to the detriment of other tiers of our federation, now want to re-invent themselves as champions of 'devolution of power', regionalism and true fiscal federalism. Absolutely pathetic.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 1:40pm On May 15, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

do you know that the money jonathan would have used to develop the other sectors was channeled to the security sector? If not because of the corruption in the security sector, boko haram would have been crushed by now, but at least he tried in the education sector, he built 9 federal universities, this has infact reduced the number of people seeking admission, they can now go to the university easily.

Agriculture sector is improving now, all we need is more skilled and unskilled labours to take up a job in the agriculture sector, this will reduce unemployment.

Infact he tried, compared to obasanjo who stole trillions of naira, and buhari who jailed lots of journalist, how do we know if buhari did not steal any money? When he jailed the journalist that would have reported if his government was bad or good... Well we are watching him... May 29 is not too far.
1. In the issue of security, he failed us when he went dancing after a terrorist attack. Who ought to be blamed for the corruption in the military? APC or the president? How can terrorists have killed +10,000 people and you dare come here to make excuses? What is wrong with you people?

He built 9 universities coming from someone under who the universities went on strike for 9 freaking months due to his insincerity. And does education stop at the universities? Why not visit the federal government colleges and vomit??

Did I hear you say Agriculture is improving? What was the cost of food in 2011 and now? Has production increased? Do the farmers make more money? Save that BS for the birds ooo

Did you just talk about press freedom? Where were you when Soldiers were chasing trucks carrying National newspapers and detaining their editors last year? I know you will turn a blind eye to it. What happened to copies of the Economist magazines that were taken off because they criticized the president?

I can see you ignored electricity and the others right?

Tell us why our foreign reserves have reduced even though the GEJ administration was there when crude was selling for the highest price?

Paperweights
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 1:41pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Just like you seem to profess new faith now outside the bigotry for which I knew you...so also others... Smiling today because the system is favourable now should not make you blind to the flaws inherent therein...wake up now...join the call...
Lets take bets...point to my posts that are tribal..

Dig and bring them out
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2015
anonimi:

Not to worry at all.

Mr. Integrity himself, Buhari promised true fiscal federalism since 2011 and with an assured majority in both senate and house of reps, it should be automatic passage!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

I love your style boss...good at record keeping... team hold babaonechance accountable... I subscribe 2000% cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

1. Define new leaders. Donald Duke was fresh. Fashola is fresh. Sanusi is fresh. Why cant the new people with aspirations step up to contest for the primaries? Desmond Elliot showed that you can make it. How cone others did not come out? I find it insulting that the PDP had Donald Duke and we had to contend with thieving charlatans.

2) The PDP has been at the centre and the had both houses of assembly too. Why did those leaders not push for that? Tinubu has been screaming federalism for almost 12 years and failed to recognise that. Why?

3) This country cannot be regonalised because our regions do not define us. Not everyone in the SE is Igbo. Not everyone in the SW is Yoruba. Divisions are all over. We are citizens of Nigeria and we live in states and not regions. When you guys attempt to divide the country into 6, you become a bunch of tribal warlords

4) I see myself as part of a well growing Nation where corruption is not our problem. Where I can be of Igbo descent and contest for governorship in Kano. Where I can be from Abia state and the family of my Anambra GF wont say I am not good enough because I am from Ngwa
Well said bro...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're the one bringing the South East into. Did the PDP governors in the south tell their representatives in the confab to work for the interest of the north?

Boss! was there ever a time SE was against regionalism or self determination or referendum?...They have been consistent on this initiative bro...It's an agitation that the north doesn't want to see come to pass...hence any proponent must be crushed or forced away...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Lets take bets...point to my posts that are tribal..

Dig and bring them out

Why not take a walk down there to see them?...I don't depend on past and I don't judge people... I rather advise you to turn a new life if I see you getting it all wrong...that's what I did for you bro...join the call...support regionalism
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by philips70(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Nothing was sacrosanct there except self determination as espoused by indivisibility of Nigeria...Restructuring wasn't cancelled out but was fought vehemently by North... though some quasi-restructuring was finally agreed...

He should have left it open in my opinion. He bungled it, let the people speak and decide. Is that not what many of you want and lots have died for? He chose to be a nice guy, after all he's already rich and he doesn't need a republic to become richer. Like someone said here earlier all this talk of restructuring and federalism would have been uncalled for if we had sincere leaders who managed all we are given to develop our region. Our problems are useless leaders. Even if they give us 100% greedy leaders will still corner all and what we will have are richer strong people while the masses will continue to suffer.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)Even north didn't vote buhari...tinubu bought over SW and with seeming none-existence of APC down south, he manipulated yes delegates from there to make up for buhari...so relax...

2)Why should I forget confab when it holds the key to quasi restructuring already

3)I wish you believed same thing when you insulted agbaje here...or supported your oba
Party politics is about who the overall delegates vote for not who a region vote for. Stop thinking region. Plus how do you know the North did not vote for Buhari? We all watched the primaries on TV. The regions were not separated so stop trying to whip up tribal sentiments with me, it is a waste.

2) Why blame me if you could not bring a convincing argument? at CONFAB?

3) Please show me my posts where I supported Oba Akinolu's comments against Igbos. I was against Agbaje because I believed he did not have what it takes to take Lagos where we want, his playing tribal politics and the fraud you people call primaries.

Please post links to my tribal comments. I am waiting
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2015
IyaIode:

Are we going into the SE vs SW thing again? Sometimes i feel you guys don't have to courage to leave.

I helped you to do introspection first based on your comment I quoted...thanks

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 1:50pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Why not take a walk down there to see them?...I don't depend on past and I don't judge people... I rather advise you to turn a new life if I see you getting it all wrong...that's what I did for you bro...join the call...support regionalism
You keep saying how I made tribal comments. Me that I even promoted that I don't mind a Lagos with an Igbo deputy governor as long as it is based on merit and you are here posting crap.

Please don't confuse me with your fellow tribal warlords. I am well beyond that
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by timota(m): 1:55pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Any close observer of the polity post-election would have seen more the actual reason for "get Jonathan out of the way election". From the comments of Mohammed, Shamshudeen to that of Sen. Dansadau etc and people will still come here to tell me about how Jonathan was voted out due to non-performance. Since when did we become so averse to non-performing leaders of which Jonathan doesn't fit the list. Some lords felt that Jonathan was fast making them to lose relevance hence they needed to reinvent themselves politically coupled with oil block licencing cum population census of 2016. To this a powerful propaganda machinery was needed to brainwash the smart by half majority. It's a truism that outside Jonathan, most of these men has been part of Nigeria misrule since 1978 till date. A journey through our history shows a country held hostage by its own and forced to be moving in circles. Why can't there be new leaders? Why can't we have true fiscal federalism? Why can't we regionalize this country? Why is the burden of ONE Nigeria always on the South?

Nzeogwu & co believed due to post election crisis in SW, that they can rescue ONE Nigeria, but they plunged the eastern part into paying 'debts' unending.

Ironsi believed in ONE Nigeria, and his blood was used to wash the streets.

Isaac Boro screamed and cried for same injustice but was muscled out.

Saro Wiwa came to the stage but his blood was used to entertain the oligarchs.

Ojukwu decided to challenge the anomaly engendered by barefaced rape of our sanctity to life and association but was confronted with more blood on our streets and made a fugitive in his supposed fatherland.

Yes, subsequently Easterners were subjected to the background after the gift of 20pounds as punishment for "no victor; no vanquished". Some of their people were used as baits to whittle down the genuine demands and general wellbeing of majority by giving them crumbs called political appointments. While NigerDeltans were brainwashed through series of well oiled propaganda to see the Igbos as their enemies and root cause of their problem. While the alien term SS came into being to copiously highlight the divide always.

SouthWest were made heroes of their fellow southern brothers woes; but unfortunately were eaten by same tiger they fed. Awolowo was stampeded even to death. And Abiola who had national appeal was not allowed to be. Finally, he became a story and a sentence in the past amidst laughter from the lords of Nigeria.

Obasanjo thrived with the hides and shadow of late Shehu Yar'adua(progenitor of the powerful Kaduna mafia). He is a cat with nine lives. He had his bread buttered by the gods but choose to dine with devil and became lord of demons. Blood of the innocents especially from the creeks cries around him for vengeance.

And now, came Jonathan not an Igbo but from a background feeling the pangs of pain and marginalization like Igbo. He gave so much to pacify these internal colonialists and oligarchs at the expense of developing his region but was rejected, framed as corrupt notwithstanding the reputable; "Transparency International" verdict vindicating him. He was humiliated out of office. We all know our position back in the years.

In all, Jonathan didn't just lose. We lost too. It may not be easy to see any Southerner rise to that post in the near future without some radical breakthrough. Forget
the noise and empty rhetorics of people like Rochas Okorocha and co. Boys talk; men act.

The North by the smart machinery instituted by Prof. Attahiru Jega would always determine and decide who rules Nigeria notwithstanding the voting pattern down South. Irrespective of South's discontent with government in power; unless North decide otherwise the government MUST persist.

What slavery is more than this?...Read the dailies and cry for the future because these people we term "aabookiii" ruled all my ancestry, my grandfather, my father and now myself, with the country bastardized and in shambles. When will it all end with all the sycophants, and many smart by half people down South?

Is it too much to ask if Nigeria is reduced to regions with a weak central government?

The cries and shrills of Elder Godsday Orubebe in that INEC hall echoes in my heart...
mr man what u don't know is that nigerians needed change urgently and anyone that wanted to stop that change could have been crushed. It's unlike u are an igbo man let me tell u this is the first time igbbo are in the opposition and u are crying, in first republic u join tafawa belewa against awolowo, etc
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Ritchiee: 1:55pm On May 15, 2015
The simplest solution is for the South to come together as one.
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by after1: 1:55pm On May 15, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
I have observed that non SS/SE people are quick to flood threads such as this to derail or preach half truth. I urge brothers/sisters not to relent or demoralised in this call for fairness and equity.

Keep it up Whynotthetruth, Mogidi and others
[/s]

Shut up. You are very wicked and deceptive. The thread is up for discussion, go to your forum if you want a discussion of only SS/SE. Counter the so called half truth with point just like the OP is doing instead of being whinning like a raped cat. You want to keep spreading your wicked lies without being challenged, its only those that dont know the real you that do fall for your fake ways.

This is nairaland and not barcaland where you can feed the gullibles with your lies. Chameleon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:56pm On May 15, 2015
philips70:

He should have left it open in my opinion. He bungled it, let the people speak and decide. Is that not what many of you want and lots have died for? He chose to be a nice guy, after all he's already rich and he doesn't need a republic to become richer. Like someone said here earlier all this talk of restructuring and federalism would have been uncalled for if we had sincere leaders who managed all we are given to develop our region. Our problems are useless leaders. Even if they give us 100% greedy leaders will still corner all and what we will have are richer strong people while the masses will continue to suffer.

I get your point succinctly but fiscal federalism abi regionalism is a more germane way of making the centre less attractive... promoting healthy competition between regions...engaging in comparative advantage biz...and looting will be minimal as your kinsmen won't allow their region go down as nobody will be there to liberate them...like Rochas asking buhari for bailout after looting his state dry...I would rather steal outside and run home than vice versa
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

You keep saying how I made tribal comments. Me that I even promoted that I don't mind a Lagos with an Igbo deputy governor as long as it is based on merit and you are here posting crap.

Please don't confuse me with your fellow tribal warlords. I am well beyond that

gringrin relax bro...go and sin no more
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 2:02pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringrin relax bro...go and sin no more
Is that a resignation that you have nothing? You people love to play your silly tribal politics, blow hot air and issue threats.

When asked to face issues, you run till your feet hurt as usual
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2015
Ritchiee:
The simplest solution is for the South to come together as one.

Thanks so much...this is the driving force for this topic but people see it from a myopic lens of Jonathan thing...Jonathan is going by May 29th. But the injustice remains...NObody will ever be president again without permission from the North instead of people to unite against this...they mostly SW feel they are doing Jonathan by absconding from this...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:04pm On May 15, 2015
timota:
mr man what u don't know is that nigerians needed change urgently and anyone that wanted to stop that change could have been crushed. It's unlike u are an igbo man let me tell u this is the first time igbbo are in the opposition and u are crying, in first republic u join tafawa belewa against awolowo, etc

Maybe true...but states like Anambra has been in opposition since 2006...

1 Like

Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:05pm On May 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Is that a resignation that you have nothing? You people love to play your silly tribal politics, blow hot air and issue threats.

When asked to face issues, you run till your feet hurt as usual

Not resignation at all but telling you that I am too big to go fishing your mess
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)How was Jonathan anti-fiscal federalism?...By constituting confab right?

2)That you're up for grab for the highest bidder doesn't put others in your cadre...

3)I am proud of my patriarch and ancestry... hope you're ashamed of yours?

4)Joblessness is when you have time enough to monitor others and comment on their threads too...

1) . . . . . . . .what CONFAB? I hope you are not referring to that assembly where money was doled to politicians?

2) . . . . . . . .have you ever heard me ask for protection or PM anyone on nairaland? . . . . . .we all know the party that played 'money' 2015

3) . . . . . . . .the key word is 'hope' . . . . . . .same way you hoped GMB will lose . . . . . . .maybe mine tops yours undecided

4) . . . . . . . .its a forum, I tap in once in a while . . . . . . . . . .but I don't make it my means of survival like you and yours
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Mynd44: 2:07pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Not resignation at all but telling you that I am too big to go fishing your mess
The same mess you are referring to which makes you a liar?

And if you will lie about this, why should I take anything you take seriously?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Shut up. You are very wicked and deceptive. The thread is up for discussion, go to your forum if you want a discussion of only SS/SE. Counter the so called half truth with point just like the OP is doing instead of being whinning like a raped cat. You want to keep spreading your wicked lies without being challenged, its only those that dont know the real you that do fall for your fake ways.

This is nairaland and not barcaland where you can feed the gullibles with your lies. Chameleon.

Must we always use insult and intimidation?
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2015
torkaka:

1) . . . . . . . .what CONFAB? I hope you are not referring to that assembly where money was doled to politicians?

2) . . . . . . . .have you ever heard me ask for protection or PM anyone on nairaland? . . . . . .we all know the party that played 'money' 2015

3) . . . . . . . .the key word is 'hope' . . . . . . .same way you hoped GMB will lose . . . . . . .maybe mine tops yours undecided

4) . . . . . . . .its a forum, I tap in once in a while . . . . . . . . . .but I don't make it my means of survival like you and yours

My last drop for you; do some introspection and grow up...
Re: Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... by after1: 2:12pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Must we always use insult and intimidation?

Bros, be honest. Is there any need for that his post. This is nairaland and anyone can contribute to any thread. Why is contribution from others labelled derailing of thread, too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Battle To Control South-South: Oshiomhole Versus Amaechi / Davido Reacts As Supreme Court Affirms His Uncle, Ademola As Osun Governor / Dino Melaye Rocks "Crying For Naija" Top To Mourn Benue Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.