Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? (9826 Views)

GOTV Or STARTIMES, Which Is Better? / Between Gotv And Startimes, Which One Is The Best. / Gotv Vs Startimes, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by 12month: 12:18pm On May 15, 2015
I know this topic has been raised several times but let's get at it again.

Multichoice has now decided to increase the price of GOtv plus to N1,800 while startimes is priced at N1,200 monthly

But main difference between the 2 is that Gotv has 2 supersports channels that shows you live champions league matches and premiership matches sometimes.

I have been using Gotv since inception but am thinking of switching to startimes, I will be honest

1. the programs on Gotv are becoming rehashed contents... for example most Movies on African Magic Yoruba, I have watched almost all that they are showing (almost nothing new)

2. Gotv do not offer free to air channels (after your subscription ends) even following the price increase. They said you must pay N6,600 for GOtv open to get 6 free to air channels

3. Considering someone like myself that watches the TV only in the evening or weekends, I feel it's like cheating oneself paying for such low quality and still don't get the full benefit

I have seen startimes plan and I think it's considerable. what do you guys think.
Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by MrFlavvor(m): 12:24pm On May 15, 2015
12month:
I know this topic has been raised several times but let's get at it again.

Multichoice has now decided to increase the price of GOtv plus to N1,800 while startimes is priced at N1,200 monthly

But main difference between the 2 is that Gotv has 2 supersports channels that shows you live champions league matches and premiership matches sometimes.

I have been using Gotv since inception but am thinking of switching to startimes, I will be honest

1. the programs on Gotv are becoming rehashed contents... for example most Movies on African Magic Yoruba, I have watched almost all that they are showing (almost nothing new)

2. Gotv do not offer free to air channels (after your subscription ends) even following the price increase. They said you must pay N6,600 for GOtv open to get 6 free to air channels

3. Considering someone like myself that watches the TV only in the evening or weekends, I feel it's like cheating oneself paying for such low quality and still don't get the full benefit

I have seen startimes plan and I think it's considerable. what do you guys think.
dude i think u shld go with d startimes cos it also has 2 channels that show live champions league matches(st sport focus and nta sports 24) plus it's cheaper

1 Like

Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by BUGOFF(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2015
do they show Channels TV, current movies(Hollywood),musicals?
Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by Florblu(f): 12:40pm On May 15, 2015
Bro u had better stick to gotv
If football is what u want u can get it but I bet u,dias little difference btw d duo sport service
In terms of movie and music,startimes is poor
Talking from experience
Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by Oluwagrace1(f): 12:48pm On May 16, 2015
StarTimes is better now, they have more interesting channels and the price for their channels is cheaper compare to gotv. They have an application called TENBRE which u can download on ur phone, d app can be used to view d program guide of different channels, u can also use app to recharge ur decoder (either through their recharge card or paga), u also chat in different rooms or solve any issues with ur decoder on the app

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by asudan: 8:26pm On May 16, 2015
Affordability and customer's satisfaction ,I give to star times but for quality viewing, I give to gotv

1 Like

Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by 12month: 11:04pm On May 18, 2015
gadoski:
StarTimes is better for me ,more channels,affordable price and new content ,StarTimes introduces new channel like iROKO PLUS AND IROKO PLAY ,AMC SERIES ,ST NOVELA E1 ,here you can enjoy priemere and best of Nollywood movie . it is a misconceptions that StarTimes don't show live matches ,Startimes has Sport 2 & NTa 24 show LIVE MATCHES
AFRICA MAGIC becoming a recycling channel on DSTV and GOTV

Which bouquet will I get these channels that u have mentioned above? Will I get it for d #1200plan
Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by stockbull(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2015
the two are good..
what you don't know about android and iPhone
best android and iPhone utility apps
www.wificallingiphone.com
WiFi free calling, forget about cellular data
.charge your android with plant pot
www.wificallingiphone.com
latest phone and their release date
Re: GOTV And Startimes Which Is Better As At Now? by ClassyJay(m): 9:59am On Apr 21, 2018
Florblu:
Bro u had better stick to gotv
If football is what u want u can get it but I bet u,dias little difference btw d duo sport service
In terms of movie and music,startimes is poor
Talking from experience
StarTimes has improved and is better

(1) (Reply)

Some Of Our Wonderful Nollywood Stars That Have Died (pictures) / The Princess and The Frog: First Black Disney Princess / Download Avatar: Way Of Water Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.