Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,726 members, 7,955,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:12 PM

Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. (20613 Views)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / Check if you are Shortlisted On Immigration Recruitment / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Emmysteve(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2015
olusegunabidemi:
can u just imagine that about 25 names appears 3 times. that means they will be replaced by there candidate
Blud of CHISOS! I heard about that. God help us.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Anextin(f): 9:02pm On May 20, 2015
my Cousin got his totally on merit and Gods divine favor. hes been going through a rough time and needed a break. i went on my knees in the Alter of God and cried for his sake. Then this immigration stuff started. among all my siblings, cousins and myself i applied for only his name was shortlisted. i knew God was about to change someones life. the said boy doesn't even have a phone, reaching him became a task, but a way always manifest albert at the almost die minute. At the last stage, i didn't leave Nairaland, i opened my ears to anything that could be helpful like having all your credentials including JSS, making sure hes clean shaved and the rest. I DID NOT CONTACT, PAY, LOBBY OR BEG ANYONE. Lo and behold, his name was shortlisted, i cried that faithful morning when i opened his mail. since then i have not ceased praising God.

I dont have a worthy job myself, but i am so happy this boy is employed, it gladdens my heart knowing that God picked him up.

7 Likes

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by samplanner(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2015
Anextin:
my Cousin got his totally on merit and Gods divine favor. hes been going through a rough time and needed a break. i went on my knees in the Alter of God and cried for his sake. Then this immigration stuff started. among all my siblings, cousins and myself i applied for only his name was shortlisted. i knew God was about to change someones life. the said boy doesn't even have a phone, reaching him became a task, but a way always manifest albert at the almost die minute. At the last stage, i didn't leave Nairaland, i opened my ears to anything that could be helpful like having all your credentials including JSS, making sure hes clean shaved and the rest. I DID NOT CONTACT, PAY, LOBBY OR BEG ANYONE. Lo and behold, his name was shortlisted, i cried that faithful morning when i opened his mail. since then i have not ceased praising God.

I dont have a worthy job myself, but i am so happy this boy is employed, it gladdens my heart knowing that God picked him up.

that is the work of God my dear. but right now the currupt officials are busy collecting money and are planning to released another names soon. bcs some ppl got it without connection does not stop us from exposing the wickedness of the top government officials of this nation. we are happy fr ur bros but God wil judge the so called Presidential committee for shortlisting the same name more dan 3 times in the appointment list.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by olakunlebj(m): 10:54pm On May 20, 2015
How much dis guys dey collect sef
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by olakunlebj(m): 10:55pm On May 20, 2015
Pls tell our people. Apply, apply! NIGERIAN NAVY DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE 23.
Applicants are hereby invited from suitable and qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 23.
Interested candidates are advised to apply online at www.joinnigeriannavy.com. Online Registration starts on 18 May and closes on 28 June 2015.Pls inform others
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 20, 2015
lolaluv1:
For as Many that got the job, there's twice as Many whose Names got replaced.
The mathematics is wrong! undecided
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by ejisbest: 11:47pm On May 20, 2015
Pls can you copy the names that appear more than once so that we start from there, Naija pikin nor dey wan fail mak e agree sai e fail....God have mercy upon the Youth.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by adconline(m): 12:23am On May 21, 2015
Orjhong:
I got mine without connections...there's something like favour and God's will...if it's yours, nothing can stop it. For those who didn't get, I believe God has a better plan.
So God no like or favor others? Go siddon!
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Oracle13(m): 12:49am On May 21, 2015
Pls we not let this NiS stuff,deprive us from achieving our aims in life,every can not be an NIS officer,we learn to thank God those who have successed,atleast this recruitment was more credible than any recruitment Nigeria Customs,Navy,Army,Airforce,civil defence,prison even police.It was 99% based on merit and God's favor.is the best recruitment on since over 8yrs ago,quote me anytime.it was based on federal character and local government of origin.if other government establishment av been recruiting like things would av been ok by now

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by samplanner(m): 1:36am On May 21, 2015
Oracle13:
Pls we not let this NiS stuff,deprive us from achieving our aims in life,every can not be an NIS officer,we learn to thank God those who have successed,atleast this recruitment was more credible than any recruitment Nigeria Customs,Navy,Army,Airforce,civil defence,prison even police.It was 99% based on merit and God's favor.is the best recruitment on since over 8yrs ago,quote me anytime.it was based on federal character and local government of origin.if other government establishment av been recruiting like things would av been ok by now

just be thankful u made it. but dnt even start saying its based on federal character bcs all of us in our L.G.A that went fr d interview, non was successful. point of correction again, there was nothing on merit but God's favor.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by abiambo(m): 4:52am On May 21, 2015
samplanner:
first of all I'll like to congratulate all that have been given provisional appointments into NIS, whether u got it on merit( very rare In Nigeria anyway) or u got it bcs u have paid for it or u have high connections. all the same, God made it that way and u shld be grateful to him. what I want to say here its an observation I have made from the beginning of the process, and you may say its a free and fair exercise- yes I agreed it was Free and fair but not credible to me.

my strongest reason was during the final stage of the recruitment process, they call it interview but I see it as just a mere naija factor to pretend that the process is credible.

1. is it a credible interview where u were asked about your date of birth only? or u were asked about where u schooled? and then tell you to go.

2 have you wondered why dragnet didn't conduct the interview themselves?

3. I know of a frnd who wasn't shortlisted even for the CBT talk more of the interview but he's preparing for camp now bcs he is successful in the final list.

4. me and my frnd have am excellent grade from d university in geography and we met all the criteria but weren't successful. and the worse is no one in our L.G.A was given appointment. where is the federal character tin?

there are lots of points I can give to discredit this recruitment but our media houses are just like our greedy politicians who only communicate wat favours them.
finally I'll like to say I've gotten a good job just yesterday glory be to God. and I'm also in pains bcs I know of many that deserve this NIS appointment bt were overlooked bcs they have no one. Nigeria will change only if the change starts from the least position in government offices to d presidency. happy training to all successful ones.
i see that some Nigerians are cry babies, instead of you and ur village friend to go back to d drawing board and find what u did wrong , u r here antagonizing a transparent process. First of all I know 2 people who got d employment my nephew and a friend. Non of them got it tru "connection". It was simply by meeting the criteria and passing the CBT. Quick advice, go get urself some GMAT past questions and/or SHL questions , study dem, get used to them and u must pass ur next abtitude. That's how some of u we're saying that pushcv.com were failing you for not paying 1k for CV.
If u can't accept that you don't know, then you can't learn. #IKnowNotWhat - Socrates
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by goodman41: 7:03am On May 21, 2015
akinola908:
I don't know anyone except God and my name was shortlisted, I think they used merit bcoz I did very well during the interview and the officer was even impressed that I had distinction in statistics.
pls, what is the entry level salary?
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:05am On May 21, 2015
This is TOTAL UNFAIRNESS!
Congratulations to those who who's
It to the final list whichever way, coz if
I had known the crook way too, I would
Have tread!

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by goodman41: 7:27am On May 21, 2015
Anextin:

pls,what is the entry level salary?
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by samplanner(m): 7:45am On May 21, 2015
abiambo:
i see that some Nigerians are cry babies, instead of you and ur village friend to go back to d drawing board and find what u did wrong , u r here antagonizing a transparent process. First of all I know 2 people who got d employment my nephew and a friend. Non of them got it tru "connection". It was simply by meeting the criteria and passing the CBT. Quick advice, go get urself some GMAT past questions and/or SHL questions , study dem, get used to them and u must pass ur next abtitude. That's how some of u we're saying that pushcv.com were failing you for not paying 1k for CV.
If u can't accept that you don't know, then you can't learn. #IKnowNotWhat - Socrates

hey hey heyssss, better take the back seat bcs i won't counter ur arrogant comment d way u deserve but I will politely respond to u bcs u need to learn how to speak with humility. did I hear u say we shld go and learn more abt GMAT? lolz, no wonder many of ur likes become scared wen GMAT is mentioned. truly, online platform has given a lot of ppl liberty to talk harshly on others. u also talk abt push CV? lols. if u can read my first post carefully u can see that I've mentioned what God has done to me by given me a good job after the whole immigration recruitment exercise and the job I got was through what u may have feared most - GMAT. therefore always learn to be polite and be humble in ur comments ok. may God bless ur life.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by mechanics(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
Emmysteve:
I am surprised no body is questioning the addition of about 1k plus names two hours before the release of the appointment list. Some smart guys raised the alarm before we know it, they released the final shortlisting. I am very sure almost all the names added in the dying minutes made the final list. The remaining 1k are cheer luck and divine favor.

The way they conducted the interview is an eyesore, no way to test the applicants IQ, How can you prepare for an interview only to be asked what is ur name? Where is ur local government area and some other annoying questions?

To make the matter worst, they only shortlisted 2k names and reserve the remaining 2k 5h for Under ground replacement.

They made many job seekers risk their lives on the road for the interview only for them to release 2k names.

One thing is certain, I must get this government job whether by hook or by crook.
guy no b do or die affair o, wat if u get d job n something disastrous happens, imigration is nt d only agency, try oda one's, and d incoming govt may nullify any appointment afta march 28.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Emdee590(m): 9:39am On May 21, 2015
hoodboy:
My friend was blessed..no connection, she is currently doing her M.A programme (just started) and is contemplating not taking the Job, I had to remind her that not so long ago, people died for what she just got.
Exactly ! That is the point . Please no offence , I knew people that got this job without any stress , no god father or so , among them are christian , muslim etc so please lets stop taking it personal .

"remember that in every battle field , their must be a dead body "
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by ejisbest: 9:57am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=mechanics post=33947107] guy no b do or die affair o, wat if u get d job n something disastrous happens, imigration is nt d only agency, try oda one's, and d incoming govt may nullify any appointment afta march 28. The incoming Gov. can't cancel the Appointment becus it's destine from God that only one persons name appear from a very big Local Government...
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Emdee590(m): 10:05am On May 21, 2015
vickylala239:

Bros!! Even u that is talking is not perfect,why are Nigerians Lik this always wnt to show deir sef!!

Okk luk @ ur comment Whr in d dictionary cn u find a word Lik **Bros***.
Take correction and that is all . The thing be say you too abbreviate
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Emdee590(m): 10:08am On May 21, 2015
Cute2peg:
Chai...e b like dis tin don vex u enter ur spinal cord...sorry no vex...e no reach you..next time try again..stop beefin my broda...accept it in good faith..if to say u get d job now..>ur kind of person..u fit pay for advert
True talk bro
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Emdee590(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2015
Phinity318:
any one who isn't happy should trek to show his grievances
Afterall na trekking dae reign now

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Emdee590(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2015
LiLK:
one thing we should understand is that: because you did not make it here doesnt mean that is the end of the road, u can only speak for your own performance at the interview u dont know how others performed. when u passed the CBT i bet u did not complain or question the credibility of the process, the fact is for every one person that got the job on connections there is another that got it on merit. so let us all be happy for them, atleast we have 2000 youths off the labour market. better things are in store for those in the labour market.
dont be a buzz kill.
God bless your hands for writing those words

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Nobody: 11:12am On May 21, 2015
Eccentrica:
My brother was taken after all the stages, he got a mail congratulating him for securing the job, but Alas when the names were published in d dailies, his name was no where to found. Two days after d publication, he got another mail that they were sorry, he was not taken for the job, that the previous mail was a mistake. It's just terrible
I saw my name too at first when I checked the Appointment list,then it disappeared right before my face,then I contacted NIS through their website on what I encountered. Next thing was I received a regret email that I was not shortlisted. I thought I met all their requirements,infact my course was mentioned in the vacancy B.A(Hons) French,had a 2:1,met the the physical requirements...I know my day will come.All is well!
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Nobody: 11:48am On May 21, 2015
Emdee590:
Afterall na trekking dae reign now
u wey know
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by imugula: 12:05pm On May 21, 2015
TheLaughter:
U pple shud stop crying, some pple must be taken, some must b left out. They cant take all those they called for the 'ritual'...

We that are complaining, if offered help for a govt job, can we reject? But connection or not, they are lucky. I pray I get lucky or connected as to get mine some day...

THE ONLY CRITERIA I SAW THEY USED THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS WAS LUCK NOT MERIT.

This era of GOODLUCK must end with this administration for this country to move forward.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by sakieja(f): 5:54pm On May 21, 2015
can someone with regreted mail be given another success mail?responce is highly welcome
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by vikktor: 7:16pm On May 21, 2015
Pls I'm confused I want to be cleared on this...my question is for only those dat cllected the letter or shortlisted! How dd u get ur letter via mail or hardcopy? Those that said dey saw dia names in the final list pls whc of the website the immigration website or the website from the presidency dat was created for the recruitment. Plz ur response will be appreciated thanks cheers
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by idris4r83(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2015
vikktor:
Pls I'm confused I want to be cleared on this...my question is for only those dat cllected the letter or shortlisted! How dd u get ur letter via mail or hardcopy? Those that said dey saw dia names in the final list pls whc of the website the immigration website or the website from the presidency dat was created for the recruitment. Plz ur response will be appreciated thanks cheers
The list is on the presidency committee websites and also they sent mails to both successful and unsuccessful applicants.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by idris4r83(m): 9:01am On May 22, 2015
Thank God is friday
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Holatunde007(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2015
No cause for alarm APC incoming govt will surely disqualify dem all I swear......I just pray no one of those that paid 300k commit suicide cos it won't be funny hw Buhari will stave dem
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by buccunmie(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2015
Holatunde007:
No cause for alarm APC incoming govt will surely disqualify dem all I swear......I just pray no one of those that paid 300k commit suicide cos it won't be funny hw Buhari will stave dem
Young man, farabale!
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by walexybab(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2015
Holatunde007:
.MR man stop deceiving urself, Buhari can never disqualify anybody.Though I am for NIS but I can boldly tell u d successful candidates are confirmed officers. So stop dreaming man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What One Employee Taught Me About Hiring / Things You Should Not Say In A Job Interview / How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.