Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal (7470 Views)

Female Needed in Urgent Vacancy 4 self-employment role in sales outlet / How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. / Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 7:33pm On May 15, 2015

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 15, 2015
Spot on

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Neroclassic(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2015
nice words.but let me ask,what type of biz are you into?i wouldnt mind expanding your biz over here where i reside.you could drop your email lets talk.cheers
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 15, 2015
nice one op. I believe people should look at their strength and where they are advantaged. advantage could be a rich pop c, a skill, a location, a friend etc. During my job hunting days the IT skills i picked up during my university days sustained me. Now I have a job and I still get IT jobs and recommendation from my contacts. Serves now as additional source of income.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 8:16pm On May 15, 2015
Neroclassic:
nice words.but let me ask,what type of biz are you into?i wouldnt mind expanding your biz over here where i reside.you could drop your email lets talk.cheers
The business is still a baby, I'm still in the "nurturing phase". Anyways, I supply bars and restaurants BEER.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 8:17pm On May 15, 2015
masterchi:
nice one op. I believe people should look at their strength and where they are advantaged. advantage could be a rich pop c, a skill, a location, a friend etc. During my job hunting days the IT skills i picked up during my university days sustained me. Now I have a job and I still get IT jobs and recommendation from my contacts. Serves now as additional source of income.
Thank you, sir.

I'm also in support of people learning a skill. It's always an advantage.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by LaurelP(m): 8:31pm On May 15, 2015
I'm even surprised that you initially rejected the offer to start, even when your dad offered to assist you.
And that is wat most graduates are looking for: where to start from. You're lucky

5 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 8:51pm On May 15, 2015
LaurelP:
I'm even surprised that you initially rejected the offer to start, even when your dad offered to assist you.
And that is wat most graduates are looking for: where to start from. You're lucky
Bro, I was aiming to get a job with any of the big companies and starting small just wasn't my thing. I was thinking, what if people see me a graduate doing such a business and it was later it dawn on me that that's exactly the same thing I will be doing for Guinness if I had nailed the job so what's the biggie in doing that same service for myself and make all the money to myself. My greatest regret was waiting hopelessly for miracle to happen, for a job to turn up somewhere.

I am indeed lucky.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by GenerousLord: 11:44pm On May 15, 2015
Bolade005:
The purpose of this thread is to inspire unemployed and even under-employed graduates out there to give self employment a thought. I do hope someone will help me come up with an appropriate title. Thank you.

Here is my story.
I completed my NYSC in 2013 with the hope of getting a job as soon as possible and start living like a man. First month, nothing. Second month, nothing. After about 5month, frustration sets in. Oh boy I wan die ehn. Between 2013 and early this year, I went for series of tests and interviews in various organisations but nothing came through.

....All this while, my dad was always telling me to think about being self-employed but my mind was on getting a decent job with a reputable company, earn a decent salary, dress corporately and all live that big life sha. Starting small wasn't my thing and my father would just leave me alone to my wahala and he continued to help me with money to travel for job tests and interviews and all without forcing his opinion on me.

....I was "WOWED" by the beauty and the things I saw that I got sick for two weeks when I received a regret mail from them. Nna ehn, I wan die.

Again, my dad called me, "oh boy, do business".

Early this year, a friend helped me secure a SALES EXECUTIVE job with another brewing company, a new company in Lagos that just began operation and they wanted to penetrate Ibadan market. I was elated at first and on meeting the owner, he offered me 20k. Imagine, 20k for a new product that's not known by anybody. I would have accepted it if I was based in Ib but I stay outside Ib. I had to think about accommodation and all so I rejected it.

On returning home, my father gave me a thorough lecture about business. I'm not sure we are financially okay to be placed in the middle class but atleast my popc dey do well in his own right. He told me about a business he's been researching on and he's done his assignment concerning the business and he would like me to handle it. He told me if I don't want, he will find someone else to do it. We discussed at lenght, talked about where to get the products, prices at different warehouses, my pman had even already helped me source for people to buy my stuff, atleast enough people for me to make a good profit on a daily basis. I told him I will think about it.

Two days later, I went to meet him that I was ready. He smiled and said good. Then he gave me a cash of 150k and an extra 35k to repair one of our old, abandoned car for transportation of my "goods". To top it all, he told me he wanted me to feel like a true SALES EXECUTIVE so he employed someone to assist me, all I had to do was drive and supervise and he promised to pay my employee for the first month and afterwards I will start paying him myself. So I employed him and we agreed on paying twelve thousand naira monthly. I went from being a job seeker to a job provider, I became an EMPLOYER of LABOUR. ....

Not to brag or anything, now I make much more money than Guinness could pay any new recruit and I am my own boss. ....Me that I talk in 2k, 5k before, I now talk in "hundred" if you get my drift. ....

What manner of man is this? For I can hardly see such a man in the world today.

Bro, that man you call your dad is not just a dad, but a father as well. I mean, he was there to advise you when you were wandering in the wilderness. Even when you ignorantly rejected his golden words, he never gave up on you. Eventually, you saw light in his words when he came again to drop some pieces of advice.

He guided you like a father should, and gave you the necessary support you needed. And now, you are a testimony. smiley

I wish everyone had a father who could be caring and supporting like yours, then the world would had been a better place.

The least you can do Bro, is to make him proud. Goodluck in your infant biz.

Cheers smiley

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by talk2yommex2000(m): 11:52pm On May 15, 2015
That's really good and inspiring, but just thank God for making you so lucky. Some dude out there are not as lucky as you are, in terms of som1 who can raise capital for them. Guy, a biz of almost 200k capital, a vehicle to aid d sales, a partner to assist in d sales and d payment of his first salary by som1 else....ds is not starting small, you started big. I know of a frustrated graduate who has bn unable to start a business of Recharge Card sales just because he cant raise 10k (at once) on his own, except if som1 else will b feeding him for d next two months. He graduated in 2011.
So, all in all, your story is good, inspiring and encouraging but just know that you are such a lucky guy, and take note, as far as I am concern, you started BIG! 200K all at once? You are indeed lucky with your family background. Some graduates neva finish paying part of d money dey borrow to sponsor their education since dy graduated. May God help us all sha

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by talk2yommex2000(m): 11:57pm On May 15, 2015
LaurelP:

That's d point! The fact dat u rejected such offer initially suggest you dont really hav it rough in life, especially in your undergraduate days. If som pple see half ds kind offer ehn, you go bow. I wish you success in ur biz. You are a lucky man Bro

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 2:29am On May 16, 2015
GenerousLord:

What manner of man is this? For I can hardly see such a man in the world today.

Bro, that man you call your dad is not just a dad, but a father as well. I mean, he was there to advise you when you were wandering in the wilderness. Even when you ignorantly rejected his golden words, he never gave up on you. Eventually, you saw light in his words when he came again to drop some pieces of advice.

He guided you like a father should, and gave you the necessary support you needed. And now, you are a testimony. smiley

I wish everyone had a father who could be caring and supporting like yours, then the world would had been a better place.

The least you can do Bro, is to make him proud. Goodluck in your infant biz.

Cheers smiley
Bro, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad I finally listened to him. Now, I see lot of successful people who started small and are making it big time now. It's all about being hardworking.

3 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 2:36am On May 16, 2015
talk2yommex2000:
That's really good and inspiring, but just thank God for making you so lucky. Some dude out there are not as lucky as you are, in terms of som1 who can raise capital for them. Guy, a biz of almost 200k capital, a vehicle to aid d sales, a partner to assist in d sales and d payment of his first salary by som1 else....ds is not starting small, you started big. I know of a frustrated graduate who has bn unable to start a business of Recharge Card sales just because he cant raise 10k (at once) on his own, except if som1 else will b feeding him for d next two months. He graduated in 2011.
So, all in all, your story is good, inspiring and encouraging but just know that you are such a lucky guy, and take note, as far as I am concern, you started BIG! 200K all at once? You are indeed lucky with your family background. Some graduates neva finish paying part of d money dey borrow to sponsor their education since dy graduated. May God help us all sha
You are right to a point bro but the initial capital was hardly enough to get the number of cartons needed to service my customers, I think I started with about 60 something cartons or so, that's why I said small.

I do hope to get BIG someday. Thank you, Sir.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 2:40am On May 16, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

That's d point! The fact dat u rejected such offer initially suggest you dont really hav it rough in life, especially in your undergraduate days. If som pple see half ds kind offer ehn, you go bow. I wish you success in ur biz. You are a lucky man Bro
Hmmmm it is well bro.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by REMMEI(m): 2:54am On May 16, 2015
OP. . . God go bless your pman walahi talahi..well,your family at least are ok..and doing fine..not like most of us wey we dey borrow to do lil business wey we dey do..not been an easy ride..your Dad showed you the way really..
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 3:09am On May 16, 2015
REMMEI:
OP. . . God go bless your pman walahi talahi..well,your family at least are ok..and doing fine..not like most of us wey we dey borrow to do lil business wey we dey do..not been an easy ride..your Dad showed you the way really..
He's been really helpful. Bro, even that Lil business u dey do, keep working hard and soon it will become a big one. Success will be ours.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by REMMEI(m): 3:24am On May 16, 2015
Bolade005:

He's been really helpful. Bro, even that Lil business u dey do, keep working hard and soon it will become a big one. Success will be ours.

Ase o..Oshe jare Bolade.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by harbayo20(m): 8:55am On May 16, 2015
I can tell you guys one surest way to be financially freed(in which you can earn back even far more than the start up money within that same day & it goes on and on like that) your other family members will even thank you for this great step you about taking today coz they are going to be blessed in many ways through you with just N6,600,....Beep me up through my signature if you're ready coz financial freedom is not for everybody!
I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY!!!
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 9:26am On May 16, 2015
harbayo20:
I can tell you guys one surest way to be financially freed(in which you can earn back even far more than the start up money within that same day & it goes on and on like that) your other family members will even thank you for this great step you about taking today coz they are going to be blessed in many ways through you with just N6,600,....Beep me up through my signature if you're ready coz financial freedom is not for everybody!
I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY!!!
Stop scamming people.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Shigoboy(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2015
Bolade005:
The purpose of this thread is to inspire unemployed and even under-employed graduates out there to give self employment a thought. I do hope someone will help me come up with an appropriate title. Thank you.

Here is my story.
I completed my NYSC in 2013 with the hope of getting a job as soon as possible and start living like a man. First month, nothing. Second month, nothing. After about 5month, frustration sets in. Oh boy I wan die ehn. Between 2013 and early this year, I went for series of tests and interviews in various organisations but nothing came through.

Sometimes last year, I met someone who could help with a two years Dubai visa where I'd work as a security. I wanted to travel by all means, wrote some members of my family abroad to help me work out something but mtscheew, nothing happened. All this while, my dad was always telling me to think about being self-employed but my mind was on getting a decent job with a reputable company, earn a decent salary, dress corporately and all live that big life sha. Starting small wasn't my thing and my father would just leave me alone to my wahala and he continued to help me with money to travel for job tests and interviews and all without forcing his opinion on me.

Late last year, I almost believed it was going to work out at Guinness. One of my uncle that work there submitted my CV and helped me apply for the position of SALES EXECUTIVE, I was called for the test, I passed and I was later called for the other processes which I scaled through cause I got to the interview stage and because I had an insider, I thought this would definitely work. My uncle took me round the company in his Toyota Camry that Guinness just gave to him and I was just saying to myself, "oh boy see my uncle crib, see in cars, see in designer clothes, see big company. Chei, so me sef go soon big like him once I nail this job". I was "WOWED" by the beauty and the things I saw that I got sick for two weeks when I received a regret mail from them. Nna ehn, I wan die.

Few weeks later, this my uncle messaged me on whatsapp, told me not to stop trying and that that just because I couldn't nail Guinness that I shouldn't see myself as a failure and not to ever think that I'm not good enough to work in a company like Guinness, told me I'm bright and I can work for any big company.

Again, my dad called me, "oh boy, do business".

Early this year, a friend helped me secure a SALES EXECUTIVE job with another brewing company, a new company in Lagos that just began operation and they wanted to penetrate Ibadan market. I was elated at first and on meeting the owner, he offered me 20k. Imagine, 20k for a new product that's not known by anybody. I would have accepted it if I was based in Ib but I stay outside Ib. I had to think about accommodation and all so I rejected it.

On returning home, my father gave me a thorough lecture about business. I'm not sure we are financially okay to be placed in the middle class but atleast my popc dey do well in his own right. He told me about a business he's been researching on and he's done his assignment concerning the business and he would like me to handle it. He told me if I don't want, he will find someone else to do it. We discussed at lenght, talked about where to get the products, prices at different warehouses, my pman had even already helped me source for people to buy my stuff, atleast enough people for me to make a good profit on a daily basis. I told him I will think about it.

Two days later, I went to meet him that I was ready. He smiled and said good. Then he gave me a cash of 150k and an extra 35k to repair one of our old, abandoned car for transportation of my "goods". To top it all, he told me he wanted me to feel like a true SALES EXECUTIVE so he employed someone to assist me, all I had to do was drive and supervise and he promised to pay my employee for the first month and afterwards I will start paying him myself. So I employed him and we agreed on paying twelve thousand naira monthly. I went from being a job seeker to a job provider, I became an EMPLOYER of LABOUR.

I started this business in March, it was easy. On a bad day, I still make a lot of money. And the beauty of this business is there is no limit to how much profit I can make, what determines my profit is the number of people I can get to buy from me. The more I get people to buy from me, the more money I will make. In business, the more you invest, the more the profit, everything being equal.

I know a lot of people will say, "where should they get capital from?" but I know most unemployed graduate can afford capital to start something small. I know a lot of people whose parents could bankroll them with 50k, 100k, 200k and more but they are just hell bent on working in a big organisation. Biko, what's the big deal in dressing corporate, wearing suit and tie and all?.

Not to brag or anything, now I make much more money than Guinness could pay any new recruit and I am my own boss. I am happy it didn't work out with them and I regret not taking this path earlier. I feel like I just wasted over two years of my life for nothing when I could have started small earlier. My account has gone from Zero to hundreds of thousands. Me that I talk in 2k, 5k before, I now talk in "hundred" if you get my drift.

I never intended to bore you with this long epistle, all I want to do is encourage someone out there to think "business". Think about starting small or big if you can afford it. Everyone of us cannot work in Bank, Guinness, Chevron etc. There are lot of things to delve into. My uncle just gave out a contract for someone to do "POP plastering" for him for his house for a whooping sum of 1.2million naira. Can you imagine?, ordinary POP and that's something a graduate wouldn't want to learn just because it doesn't look tu*sh or porch enough.

We need to change the way we think. We need to learn to start small and with total commitment, dedication and prayer, then the sky will be the limit for you.

As for me this is just the beginning. I won't stop working hard and dreaming big. This is just the beginning. I am going to build an empire. There are so many opportunities out there waiting for people to tap into them and most of us are sleeping waiting for one yeye job with a chicken pay.

Start small but dream BIG. If you make 20k on your own, my brothers and sisters, it's better than "slaving" yourself for peanuts.

Self-employment is the real deal.

I hope MODS will get this on Front page and maybe, just maybe someone will find this piece useful.

Thanks for reading.
Cc -
anonimi

I'm very happy for you bro, that man is not just a father to you, but an angel, how I wish I could get someone to stand by me just like ur dad did, even to grad for uni self, man almost drop out if not for God's mercy, buh God knows, I promise to come back and share my testimony on this very thread in some months time after my NYSC...may God continue to enlarge ur coast and enrich ur dad more and more.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 4:28pm On May 16, 2015
Op God bless you for this insightful post. What you said based on my experience is very true and correct. Our graduates have that when I finish school I will look for work mentality. May it be broken now in Jesus name!

There are many products out there one can market and become comfortable in life in terms of finance but the problem is ego and pride. The usual saying what will people say when they see me carrying foofoo to sell. Those people you're worried about their opinions, what efforts have they made to assist you in life? Nada!

As a matter of facts these companies like coca cola pay their contract staff like 10k in a month although its flexible routine but when you are on duty be it night its 7:00pm to 7:00 am. Woe betide you if you be caught sleeping. Their supervisors ain't smiling. Same routine goes for morning. Now you can be sure that if you can identify with a product people like and push it into the market.You can make 25-45k a month depending on the location because location affects sales and your determination. In entrepreneurship the returns are variable and you have that satisfaction that you are 'slaving' for yourself and what more you decide when you go to work.You are totally in charge mehn. That feeling dey sweet belle.Walahi!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 6:01pm On May 16, 2015
Shigoboy:
I'm very happy for you bro, that man is not just a father to you, but an angel, how I wish I could get someone to stand by me just like ur dad did, even to grad for uni self, man almost drop out if not for God's mercy, buh God knows, I promise to come back and share my testimony on this very thread in some months time after my NYSC...may God continue to enlarge ur coast and enrich ur dad more and more.
I am happy you were able to successfully complete your university education. Congrats bro. Don't worry, there are better days ahead.

Thanks for the kind words and prayer.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 6:11pm On May 16, 2015
deltateam:
Op God bless you for this insightful post. What you said based on my experience is very true and correct. Our graduates have that when I finish school I will look for work mentality. May it be broken now in Jesus name!

There are many products out there one can market and become comfortable in life in terms of finance but the problem is ego and pride. The usual saying what will people say when they see me carrying foofoo to sell. Those people you're worried about their opinions, what efforts have they made to assist you in life? Nada!

As a matter of facts these companies like coca cola pay their contract staff like 10k in a month although its flexible routine but when you are on duty be it night its 7:00pm to 7:00 am. Woe betide you if you be caught sleeping. Their supervisors ain't smiling. Same routine goes for morning. Now you can be sure that if you can identify with a product people like and push it into the market.You can make 25-45k a month depending on the location because location affects sales and your determination. In entrepreneurship the returns are variable and you have that satisfaction that you are 'slaving' for yourself and what more you decide when you go to work.You are totally in charge mehn. That feeling dey sweet belle.Walahi!
Spot on bro. This kinda mentality is what I'm trying to ingrain on every unemployed graduates mind. I want them to read this and ruminate over it.

I was asked by the HR at Guinness to give a ballpoint figure of how much I would love to be paid and I said 70k and from their countenance I could tell they didn't intend to pay that much. The first month I started my business, I made a profit slightly above that figure. Now I am happy. I think they did me a favour rejecting me.

Bro, true o, self-employment dey sweet ehn. I am a free man.

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by PilotOz(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2015
Truly inspiring... EGO AND PRIDE is really killing our Nigerian Graduates.... Only if they can put their head down and be creative and hardworking... Nigeria is very rich, and only those few that dared to follow the path less travelled by r the ones getting the CASH... #self employment rocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by anonimi: 8:48pm On May 16, 2015
@ OP,

Many thanks for creating this thread as you promised and mentioning me so I don't miss out on your inspiring story.

I hope other graduates who think their certificate is a meal ticket via dressing up to some office will wake up to the reality of VALUE creation for clients/customers.

What you have done is to increase supply chain EFFICIENCY for your customers by taking the hassle of looking for and buying themselves the item you are supplying them directly.

While it may appear difficult, any one can START it even with almost no capital but with a lot of DISCIPLINE and personal credibility by obtaining the supply on credit and renting/hiring/leasing a vehicle for the deliveries. His credit control has to be very tight however to ensure he collects payments for his invoices on time and not complain about slim profit margins at the BEGINNING.

Most folks do not realise that Dangote started out supplying/selling items like this.
The story of Okoya, Elizade and Adedoyin is not much different!

I hope you are routing ALL your payments and receipts through your business' bank account and will continue to grow your business just like these people I just mentioned.
It shall be well with you- Amen!

Those who want to continue complaining can continue while those ready to gain will also continue gaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 9:55pm On May 16, 2015
PilotOz:
Truly inspiring... EGO AND PRIDE is really killing our Nigerian Graduates.... Only if they can put their head down and be creative and hardworking... Nigeria is very rich, and only those few that dared to follow the path less travelled by r the ones getting the CASH... #self employment rocks.
Bro, self-employment definitely rocks.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by Bolade005: 10:00pm On May 16, 2015
anonimi:
@ OP,

Many thanks for creating this thread as you promised and mentioning me so I don't miss out on your inspiring story.

I hope other graduates who think their certificate is a meal ticket via dressing up to some office will wake up to the reality of VALUE creation for clients/customers.

What you have done is to increase supply chain EFFICIENCY for your customers by taking the hassle of looking for and buying themselves the item you are supplying them directly.

While it may appear difficult, any one can START it even with almost no capital but with a lot of DISCIPLINE and personal credibility by obtaining the supply on credit and renting/hiring/leasing a vehicle for the deliveries. His credit control has to be very tight however to ensure he collects payments for his invoices on time and not complain about slim profit margins at the BEGINNING.

Most folks do not realise that Dangote started out supplying/selling items like this.
The story of Okoya, Elizade and Adedoyin is not much different!

I hope you are routing ALL your payments and receipts through your business' bank account and will continue to grow your business just like these people I just mentioned.
It shall be well with you- Amen!

Those who want to continue complaining can continue while those ready to gain will also continue gaining.
Bro, you're a very intelligent fellow and something tells me you're onto bigger things yourself. Your wisdom shivers me timbres.

I'm still using my personal account for now. I will be registering the business soon with CAC so I can open a business account.

I look forward to sharing ideas with you. See you at the top bro.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by misreal(m): 11:28pm On May 16, 2015
Bolade005:

Bro, you're a very intelligent fellow and something tells me you're onto bigger things yourself. Your wisdom shivers me timbres.

I'm still using my personal account for now. I will be registering the business soon with CAC so I can open a business account.

I look forward to sharing ideas with you. See you at the top bro.
please I am an undergraduate that thinks business.how do I register my business name.
Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 12:45am On May 17, 2015
LaurelP:

Any graduate that tells you he isn't into any business because of capital probably has ego issues or lacks foresight. How do I mean? Okay read on.

Truth is not every graduate has someone to offer them financial assistance yet if you tell yourself the truth there are businesses you can start with #1000 or less. Pure water, gala etc Name them. You can raise enough capital with this and diversify into another business.

In a place like Lagos or any location like stadium, convention arenas, rallys, market etc where crowd is gathered can form your location.
A bag of pure water is #60 distribution price. Selling at #10×20 sachets nets you #200 . #200-#60=#140. Selling 10 bags in a day is #1400
#1400×20 days = #28000 gross profit.
Assuming your expenses are #200 per day× 20 days= #4000 in a month

Final net profit = #24,000

With time you can add gala to your purewater.Did I mention the water must be chilled cold and you should leave house at 6:00am to return by 6:00 pm. Ensure you are armed with enough money for change and expend it with wisdom.What I gave is just an estimate. Its very possible to sell even 20 bags of pure water in a day as long as its cold and your location is crowded with people. In that case #48000 or more is yours per month. Do this within a year and omo you can start another business and become the next Dangote.

Now it's on record some graduates are being paid #10000 or less as monthly salary.Compare it with my analysis and that of op and tell me why this topic hasn't made front page yet.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by tolu4you: 12:56am On May 17, 2015
spot on

2 Likes

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by deltateam: 1:45am On May 17, 2015
If I should do the analysis for that of gala then at least #60000 combined a month is yours. This is very practical. Give it a shot.
What more is that being a graduate makes you stand out from the others in terms of service delivery and strategies.

1 Like

Re: SELF-EMPLOYMENT; The "Realest" Deal by anonimi: 5:17am On May 17, 2015
Lalastilaca, Ishilove & Seun FYI too.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between A Teaching Job And A Trainee Job / Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? / Nnpc Is Recruting Young Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.