Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes (26954 Views)

Yahaya Bello To Be Sworn In As Kogi Governor Tomorrow / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Lordave: 10:17am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:
As usual the vast majority of people here will, rather than appreciate the veracity of the writer's position, go about attacking the person of the writer. Plain madness!

The points raised in the article are very clear and unmistakable, and yet Nigerians will continue to dance around and possibly deny them.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land; superior to every religion, including Christianity- at least that's what it says.

Running a nation has very little to do with religion.

Whether or not the writer is a failed artist like many here are talking about, the truism of his words cannot be brushed aside by the thoughtful and meticulous.
For taking the words outta my mouth,

May your good days be long

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by DExplorer1: 10:18am On May 16, 2015
Eversince this guy failed as a singer, he has been spewing trash.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by derrick333(m): 10:20am On May 16, 2015
Lordave:
Sorry, I'm a Mauritanian and I don't know that guy undecided

grin
Lol it was a mistake,blame it on marijuana,I took excess dis mor cry
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Allosaurus: 10:20am On May 16, 2015
They should use Arusi Okija and swear for him!
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:21am On May 16, 2015
uzolexis:
I agree,every leader should swear with d Nigerian contitution.

Simple. You're amongst the few that are thinking straight!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Lordave: 10:21am On May 16, 2015
derrick333:

Lol it was a mistake,blame it on marijuana,I took excess dis mor cry
cheesy cheesy LMAO

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by emeraldlife: 10:22am On May 16, 2015
Nigeria has different religion and the Constitution comes before any other books or religious belief but the writer should just keep quiet and allow the president elect take oath of office with his holy book.

I pray GMB succeeds.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:24am On May 16, 2015
emeraldlife:
Nigeria has different religion and the Constitution comes before any other books or religious belief but the writer should just keep quiet and allow the president elect take oath of office with his holy book.

I pray GMB succeeds.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Talking from both sides of the mouth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by bobchigar(m): 10:24am On May 16, 2015
This is a good sensitisation. I reasoned with you. It will also discourage identifying a public office elective post candidate to a particular religion meanwhile such a candidate is elected by people of diverse beliefs and he is going to govern these same people.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Omotayor123(f): 10:24am On May 16, 2015
Yeah, swearing with Bible or Qoran doesn't guarantee they will be Uptite but d needful still as to be done.

Let dem face God for judgement in d hereafter#

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:25am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Most of the comments here further prove that most of us are not really thinking!

The writer is so clear and meaningful, yet hate and delusion won't allow peeps to see.
Yeah true... I wish everyone can be more rational than bias at looking at issues. Reason I said he was way ahead of his time in Africa,Nigeria in particular ...DearPreye u are right, I couldn't agree more .
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by 9jatatafo(m): 10:26am On May 16, 2015
E never late, on May 29th ETC should go to Abuja tell the chief justice of the federal not to swear in Sai Buhari with the Quran and use the constitution. I too know (ITK)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Omotayor123(f): 10:27am On May 16, 2015
Allosaurus:
They should use Arusi Okija and swear for him!
Abi make he swear with Sango (god of thunder) undecided
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:29am On May 16, 2015
Phinity318:

Yeah true... I wish everyone can be more rational than bias at looking at issues. Reason I said he was way ahead of his time in Africa,Nigeria in particular ...DearPreye u are right, I couldn't agree more .

I've always endeavoured to separate between the messenger and their messages. Even when the messenger isn't my favourite, I discipline myself to see his points, learn from them and move on. I've learned a lot from this practice.

The writer here is just being attacked and lampooned unnecessarily. Probably it's because his words may have pierced through the biased hearts of many here.

His words convey him as someone who's truly decades ahead of our nation and Africa as a whole.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:31am On May 16, 2015
9jatatafo:
E never late, on May 29th ETC should go Abuja tell the chief justice of the federal not to swear in Sai Buhari with the Quran and use the constitution. I too know (ITK)

Open your eyes. See truth and call it by its name.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Haywhymido(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2015
Who is dis f**king etcetera?? Mumu lyk him think dey av opinion in dis kind of matter. Were u d one dat was voted in? His oath, his choice to make.Taking panadol 4 anoda man's wahala. Action speaks louder dan words,join a political party, contest 4 a position if u win den lay an example with ur "laying hand on constitution book" idea #team attention seeking is their hobby
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:33am On May 16, 2015
Lordave:
For taking the words outta my mouth,

May your good days be long

Amen. And let same be your portion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Sibrah: 10:36am On May 16, 2015
letsbet:
he can swear witwatever he likes.
He shouldn't be swearing with the quran. There is clear a tilt of our constitution towards Islam...
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by 9jatatafo(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Open your eyes. See truth and call it by its name.

Story! Make una dey day dream for there. So you and ETC dey tell me now say all the constitutional lawyers for this country nor know anything as dem nor bring this issue out since. Na wa for you ooo. Nor be today day break oo!
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:37am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

I've always endeavoured to separate between the messenger and their messages. Even when the messenger isn't my favourite, I discipline myself to see his points, learn from them and move on. I've learned a lot from this practice.

The writer here is just being attacked and lampooned unnecessarily. Probably it's because his words may have pierced through the biased hearts of many here.

His words convey him as someone who's truly decades ahead of our nation and Africa as a whole.

You have a good sense of judgement...
are u karid in law? Lol....

Audi alteram partem.... to be fair is to be just..... even in the ways we look at issues..
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Crixina(f): 10:37am On May 16, 2015
letsbet:
he can swear witwatever he likes.
i tire o!
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by mavinc4u(f): 10:38am On May 16, 2015
This is not an issue; if GMB wants Quran and Nigerians want constitution so be it. He can be sworn in with the 2, after all GMB has 2 hands so he can place one of his hands on each of the swearing in book and the equation balanced so no big deal.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nten: 10:39am On May 16, 2015
Very reasonable observation there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:42am On May 16, 2015
Nten:
Very reasonable observation there

I tell you. I'm just shocked many folks can't see what's embarrassingly obvious in his message.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Ballama(m): 10:42am On May 16, 2015
See mumu at its peak if you likes make him swear with Dictionary or Brighter grammar that will not change what is in his heart either good or bad
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Truth234(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2015
lekahm:
When Jonathan was sworn in 2011, u didn't write this trash

No mind am, the kind bible wey GEJ carry. The Jews are still looking for it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nten: 10:48am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

I tell you. I'm just shocked many folks can't see what's embarrassingly obvious in his message.

sincerely my brother we just follow a process because it has become a norm in the society without critical evaluation. I give it up for that dude to have spotted that anomaly
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by charly4lyf(m): 10:49am On May 16, 2015
Bros e.t.c, abeg pass me wetin you dey smoke it seems rare
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 10:50am On May 16, 2015
Nten:

sincerely my brother we just follow a process because it is the norm in the society without critical evaluation. I give it up for that dude to have spotted that anomaly

Yeah. We must endeavour to avoid the bandwagon mentality. We must try to be objective.

I've always loved his messages.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by WaffenSS(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2015
Nigeria is not a secular state.

Even if we're, nigeria cannot claim to be more secular than the US.

Well, Obama was sworn in with a bible. Two bibles, actually.

Swearing-in is taking an oath to abide by the constitution. You cant swear TO the constitution WITH the constitution.

Definition of oath:

"a solemn appeal to a deity, or to some revered person or thing, to witness one's determination to speak the truth, to keep a promise, etc."

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Ahmad4452(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2015
Ecterea abi watin be yr name u jst want to be famous by force wen my Gej swear wif bible u no talk oo bt wen na buhari tym na u knw sey e no gud...i swear u get brain tumor
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Kingbilo(m): 10:51am On May 16, 2015
I come to nairaland to read comments more than the actual posts... This is because the idiotic and myopic views of some people here help me boost my self esteem.. Yes. I am petty ....i realise I must have problems if using others stupidity is a way to make myself feel good... But if you take your time to reply to this comment, I suggest you reply most of the people above me who have proven they may need psychiatric evaluation also.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Now Has Two Factions —timi Frank / Buhari On His Way Back To Nigeria From London / Umahi Pays N30k New Minimum Wage On January 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.