Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes (26950 Views)

Yahaya Bello To Be Sworn In As Kogi Governor Tomorrow / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by midolian(m): 1:35pm On May 16, 2015
Sajio:
.... did u read thru the verse he qoated?? Matt. 5:34-37
yea I did..isn't it more foolish of him to quote a verse from a bible to back his point? To make his article worth reading, he shld have quoted another verse from the Quran too, since those are the two holy books most Nigerians believe in. What if his verse from the bible isn't in the Quran?
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by wetinhappen(m): 1:45pm On May 16, 2015
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by deebrain(m): 1:49pm On May 16, 2015
In his mind, he has sense.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by nwafuluozoh: 1:53pm On May 16, 2015
Sajio:
.... Plz try and get the point here.... was said in Matt. 5:34-37, that anything out of God's standard is evil..... ts high tym we go by God's standards. who knows if is why nigeria has remain in this mess!!! Let's Give God's way a chance!! I support him 100% on this. thanks
Buhari is not a Christian and Nigeria is a secular State.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by tee4naija(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2015
Looking for cheap popularity just like trekkers?
So, he should be sworn in with a Bible? He is definitely out of his mind. OBJ and GEJ were both sworn in with bible based on their faith, why should GMB's case be different? Go and renounce Nigerian citizenship if/when GMB is sworn in with a Qur'an.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by tee4naija(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=midolian post=33795626]yea I did..isn't it more foolish of him to quote a verse from a bible to back his point? To make his article worth reading, he shld have quoted another verse from the Quran too, since those are the two holy books most Nigerians believe in. What if his verse from the bible isn't in the Quran?
Quoting from the bible is enough proof of his foolishness. Since he wrote in his article that Nigeria is a secular state. He should have quoted from either encyclopaedia or Guinness book of records.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by simdam500(m): 2:55pm On May 16, 2015
uncle005: Keep repeating one point makes reading very boring

Didn't know u noticed that too undecided
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by cococandy(f): 3:22pm On May 16, 2015
He made a lot of sense.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by cococandy(f): 3:25pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Most of the comments here further prove that most of us are not really thinking!

The writer is so clear and meaningful, yet hate and delusion won't allow peeps to see.
exactly.
Nigerians truly deserve what they get. Religious division and misgovernance based in religious ties.

Most are senseless anyway.
Since they always hush the voices of reason among them.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by darqly(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2015
Someone should offer to feature this clown on their upcoming album, he's idle grin grin
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Omotayor123(f): 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
msmon:
What should they swear with my dear?
They should swear with whatever dey believe in. God is watching na.

Abi make dem dey swear with Sango(god of thunder) ni
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by kenoz(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2015
Must this guy talk ??
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by blackmartial(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2015
Then why does the National pledge end with "so help me God"?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by derrick333(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2015
Holyfield1:
I thought he is a comedian
I no for am! cry jack of all ,master of gibberish

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by nwaezeubom: 4:30pm On May 16, 2015
Kelvic4real:
This is a big issue. I must confess. We are watching

Watch all u want, Buhari can swear with whatever he want to swear with; it does not matter anymore.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by aaidel(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2015
i hate how some people always want to paint everything with the brush of religion the ones that have been swearing with Bible or Quran before did it stop them from being corrupt let the man swear on whatever he likes as long as he will perform and i thought this etcetra guy was a musician abi na so market bad reach the guy don turn to writing stupid articles
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by kodlins(f): 6:03pm On May 16, 2015
My problem with this guy is that he takes himself to seriously
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by 2n2k(m): 6:46pm On May 16, 2015
Once you SWEAR to an oath whether as a president or in a court of law, you must swear by what you believe in, - that is God or god including physical representation of that deity. It may be bible, Quran or objects. The oath in that case ends with 'So help me God'

You can avoid involving religious objects or saying 'So help me God' in oath taking by simply AFFIRMING. instead of saying 'I, 2n2k swear....', you instead say 'I, 2n2k affirm....'
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Sirolad(m): 7:02pm On May 16, 2015
From an Islamic point of view, its wrong to swear with name of anything except that of the Creator.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Most of the comments here further prove that most of us are not really thinking!

The writer is so clear and meaningful, yet hate and delusion won't allow peeps to see.
. Your hatred for Islam and Muslims is very disturbing. So what of GEJ and OBJ?. You better practise your religious freedom and allow others to do the same. Being a president does not mean that one shuld leave his religion. So shut d hell up. Drug dealer.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 16, 2015
nnannaidoko:
. Your hatred for Islam and Muslims is very disturbing. So what of GEJ and OBJ?. You better practise your religious freedom and allow others to do the same. Being a president does not mean that one shuld leave his religion. So shut d hell up. Drug dealer.

I don't just hate Islam; I hate RELIGION generally! !!!

My comment wasn't actually narrowed to your Islam, but all religion, including Christianity.

Our Constitution must be superior to EVERY religion in the land.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:
As usual the vast majority of people here will, rather than appreciate the veracity of the writer's position, go about attacking the person of the writer. Plain madness!

The points raised in the article are very clear and unmistakable, and yet Nigerians will continue to dance around and possibly deny them.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land; superior to every religion, including Christianity- at least that's what it says.

Running a nation has very little to do with religion.

Whether or not the writer is a failed artist like many here are talking about, the truism of his words cannot be brushed aside by the thoughtful and meticulous.

I don't understand the nonsense you wrote here.

Americans brought democracy and every American president that has been sworn in have done that with the Bible. When you go to court, you swear by by the bible or the Quran.

The issue here is that under the law, you swear by your book of faith while taking an oath and it has nothing to do with governance or whatever you wrote up there.

The fact that that christains are forbidden to take oath shouldn't be use to condemn Buhari unless you are a bigot. Why didn't the guy criticize Jonathan when he was sworn in twice with the Bible even when Jonathan as a christain is forbidden from taking oath ?

Bunch of freaking hypos.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by sabdaz: 8:36pm On May 16, 2015
Etcetera, please before you release any statement, any article, any advice, any opinion, any criticism, any contribution, I beg you in God's name, ask at least 40 sensible people around you coz obviously, leaving you to think independently is a disaster.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by xenten: 9:06pm On May 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by SofiaAmrozia(f): 9:47pm On May 16, 2015
If it was a Christian wouldn't he swear with DA Bible no offense but that's not what this country needs right now. What is country needs is someone who will actually do his/her work. If being sworn in with the Qur'an will make him focus so be it.
If den lyk make dem swear with Sango. It doesn't change their moral values.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Damjoy(m): 11:28pm On May 16, 2015
Yeye bigots. What has Quran got to do with the constitution? Why did though not talketh during Oga jona swearing in ceremony?
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by rman: 12:20am On May 17, 2015
blackmartial:
Then why does the National pledge end with "so help me God"?

We have a winner!

You nailed it.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Memphis357(m): 8:37am On May 17, 2015
sammieblaize:
Why does a washed up singer have an opinion... he's a muslim he's meant to use a quran let this dumbfvck go and do something else
Fool!!!!!
Why don't you read the article before jumping to conclusions?
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by mystiqueLeaves: 2:14pm On May 17, 2015
Some people and their big big talk sha.... Did swearing in with religious doctrines start today?? ..... Next page please
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by mployer(m): 10:06pm On May 18, 2015
UjSizzle:
He should swear by the constitution to abide by the constitution?

I don't get the point of this article I must confess.

smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Crowd!! Pictures From Akwa Ibom PDP Campaign Rally In Itu LGA / Buhari, Okorocha Meet In Aso Rock "Certificate Of Return" / APC Now Has Two Factions —timi Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.