Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes (26955 Views)

Yahaya Bello To Be Sworn In As Kogi Governor Tomorrow / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by UjSizzle(f): 10:55am On May 16, 2015
He should swear by the constitution to abide by the constitution?

I don't get the point of this article I must confess.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nten: 10:55am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Yeah. We must endeavour to avoid the bandwagon mentality. We must try to be objective.

I've always loved his messages.

yeah bro... Me myself ama secular humanist, i like following unorthodox & unconventional process to a means not bandwagon stuff you know' Good too know... Very good too know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Eccentrica(f): 10:57am On May 16, 2015
Did Jonathan and the past presidents sworn with the constitution? If no, why should Buhari's case be different.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Popemax(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2015
Buhari!!
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by chinae(m): 10:58am On May 16, 2015
DExplorer1:
Eversince this guy failed as a singer, he has been spewing trash.

He had neva been a failure in his musicalmusical pursuit, pls criticise his nack on this and not his musical career. Etcetere is an outstanding lyrical painter that put reality in words nd not our regular dance hall musicians.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Mynd44: 11:00am On May 16, 2015
UjSizzle:
He should swear by the constitution to abide by the constitution?

I don't get the point of this article I must confess.
That's cos the author is confused.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by DExplorer1: 11:04am On May 16, 2015
chinae:

He had neva been a failure in musical pursuit, pls criticise his nack on this and not his musical career. Etcetere is an outstanding lyrical painter that put reality in words nd not our regular dance hall musicians.
You must be one of his family members but i careless about his musical prowess if the last time he made a hit was 10years ago. Back to politics, since you know him. . .please tell him to shut it. His opinion on political matters makes no common sense.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by usbcable(m): 11:14am On May 16, 2015
Ode patapata ni bobo etcetera yi sha.

The guy refuse to use his brain.

@dearpreye and barcanista what does the constitution say on what and how the oath of office should be taken. If this was a wrong practise constitutional lawyers would have pointed it out.

abeg reduce hatred for Buhari.

Just because etc have a divergent view dont mean him being intelligent or ahead of our time as per reasoning.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by usbcable(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2015
chinae:

He had neva been a failure in his musicalmusical pursuit, pls criticise his nack on this and not his musical career. Etcetere is an outstanding lyrical painter that put reality in words nd not our regular dance hall musicians.
name one song he ever sang. and pls provide the youtube link make we listen to judge your accessment of him being "outstanding lyrical painter".
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 11:16am On May 16, 2015
@dearpreye You have a good sense of judgement...
are u karid in law? Lol....

Audi alteram partem.... to be fair is to be just..... even in the ways we look at issues..
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 11:17am On May 16, 2015
usbcable:
Ode patapata ni bobo etcetera yi sha.

The guy refuse to use his brain.

@dearpreye and barcanista what does the constitution say on what and how the oath of office should be taken. If this was a wrong practise constitutional lawyers would have pointed it out.

abeg reduce hatred for Buhari.

Just because etc have a divergent view dont mean him being intelligent or ahead of our time as per reasoning.

My boss, hate isn't safe for me, hence I don't indulge in it. It's all politics Bro.

By the way, you should be more concerned with your RM losing La Liga this weekend. ..hahahaha
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by fineguy11(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2015
ionsman:
This guy and barcanista are giving Gej a run for his money. They want the "clueless" award so bad.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Mdolalekan2u(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2015
Let Bukhari swear with what can make him clear his conscience and committed wholeheartedly to paddle the unbalanced canoe of Nigeria.
If he use constitution, it is subjected to changes anytime but Qur'an remains unchanged.
Let's reason positive.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by moufan: 11:25am On May 16, 2015
this morafucker of a guy should just shut da fuuuck off already, he's constituting a nuisance to himself. baastard
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by usbcable(m): 11:30am On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

My boss, hate isn't safe for me, hence I don't indulge in it. It's all politics Bro.

By the way, you should be more concerned with your RM losing La Liga this weekend. ..hahahaha

we are already shopping for a new coach Ala Klopp.

but really what does the constitution say.
Since time immemorial has people been sworn in with what they believe in.
Even in other climes same applies.
I just want a verifies prooof so as to show the insanity in a lost and forgone musicians world.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by msmon(m): 11:33am On May 16, 2015
What should they swear with my dear?

Omotayor123:
Yeah, swearing with Bible or Qoran doesn't guarantee they will be Uptite but d needful still as to be done.

Let dem face God for judgement in d hereafter#
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 11:38am On May 16, 2015
Abeg make una no VEX ! But what iddyyot is Etcetera ?
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Nobody: 11:38am On May 16, 2015
usbcable:

we are already shopping for a new coach Ala Klopp.

but really what does the constitution say.
Since time immemorial has people been sworn in with what they believe in.
Even in other climes same applies.
I just want a verifies prooof so as to show the insanity in a lost and forgone musicians world.

Can't you guys give CA another chance? You trust Klopp?

Please, check 7th Schedule, 1999 Constitution!
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by situationroom: 11:47am On May 16, 2015
the north n west are all acting childish
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Holyfield1(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2015
derrick333:
If marijuana no gud for u ,y nt quit. Electra or Wtin b ur name sef? Abi y u no go ur village go beg the witch way frustrate ur musical career ? undecided
I thought he is a comedian
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by blacq2009(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2015
shedrack222:

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/etcetera/buhari-should-not-be-sworn-in-with-the-quran/

Work on your nose-dived music career instead,Mr Musician-turned-stateman.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by IamPatriotic(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2015
The fact that music failed this dude doesn't mean he should fail him.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by StephenJoseph(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2015
Yes! I don't think its right that Buhari takes his Vow wit the Quaran. Nigeria is a secular state and as such, is above any religious thinking.

Our constitution made it clear that we cannot adopt any religion since its a secular state. Buhari shud take his vow wit d Constitution!
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Rick9(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2015
Who be this etcetera sef, if Buhari like make e swear with anything all I know is that he would rule till 2023. This one when etcetera dey yarn I nor understand.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by popcykaylah(m): 12:36pm On May 16, 2015
this guy just dey run him mouth since..you mates dey bring hit songs out there ..you dey there dey teach politician how to run their government ..you leave your own load go carry another person own..
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by FunnyPikincom(m): 12:49pm On May 16, 2015
This failed musician turned activist wanabe succeeded in contradicting himself. He claimed that Nigeria is a secular state in his first paragraph and still use Biblical verse to conclude his piece. Now, we know where he is going cheesy
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by gragraboy: 12:51pm On May 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
So his final point is that Buhari shouldn't swear with the Qur'an because oath taken is forbidden in the Bible.
This Guy is a Religious Bigot
An ignorant one for that matter

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Skoopy(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2015
The fact that it has been a norm to take oath of office with holy books does not legalize the act, he has a valid point and an argument that can be established upon. Good line thought.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by usbcable(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Can't you guys give CA another chance? You trust Klopp?

Please, check 7th Schedule, 1999 Constitution!
CA has more experience but was not trusting of the squad except his first 11.
He wont change. His past in Milan says otherwise.

Checked the 7th schedule didn't mention anything on what to swear with or what not to swear with
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Gudnicedeals: 1:15pm On May 16, 2015
This write-ups makes sense to me. All this religiousness in every sphere of our national life should be toned down.
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Sajio(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
midolian:
cheesy cheesy..what makes this guy think he can change what is customary in Nigeria with his article? And the funniest thing is, if Buhari s not sworn in with the Quran, he ll be the first to write an article to counter it..

.... did u read thru the verse he qoated?? Matt. 5:34-37
Re: Buhari Should Not Be Sworn In With The Quran – Etcetera Writes by Sajio(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Does it make any difference what he swears with? We just need him to fulfil his electoral promises.
.... Plz try and get the point here.... was said in Matt. 5:34-37, that anything out of God's standard is evil..... ts high tym we go by God's standards. who knows if is why nigeria has remain in this mess!!! Let's Give God's way a chance!! I support him 100% on this. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? / Yemi Osinbajo Arrives Bonny, Rivers State (Photos) / PDP Heads To Court Over Osun Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.