Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) (87879 Views)

Jesus Of Nazareth - An Historical View / MUST READ : Read The Life & Times Of A Man Who Call Himself "Jesus Of Oyingbo" / Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:52am On May 17, 2015
Interesting write up. I never heard of the nigga. Thanks for the info.
I for one dont believe that jazz theory. People are dumb, have been always will be
a little charisma razzle dazzle and people will believe anything.
It is well sha.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Magician1503(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2015
nosike3:
wow!!! Here's a post I love!!!

Sounds like a monkey high on drugz

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by zionic(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2015
Jesus is the way..the truth and the life..no man cometh to the Father except through Him....atheists beware!!!

6 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by frisky2good(m): 11:01am On May 17, 2015
Congrats, the value of your plot has appreciated.

babfet:
?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by alobam1: 11:03am On May 17, 2015
zionic:
Jesus is the way..the truth and the life..no man cometh to the Father except through Him....atheists beware!!!

Shey oro niyen? grin
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:08am On May 17, 2015
Wao
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Neplusultra(f): 11:14am On May 17, 2015
Hmnn!1988!!! Endtime prophets don dey b4 now na
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by kay29000(m): 11:17am On May 17, 2015
OP, you just spoilt my reading experience with that..."Whose names were..." It is whose 'name' and not 'names.' I don't know who started this rubbish English in Nigeria about ten years ago. A name has first name, middle name (if any), and a last name. That is why in a form, they ask for your full name...not your full names.

9 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by anibo2(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2015
I grew up in Maryland so I know Jesu oyingbo very well. There was a story that he almost woke up on the third day and lighting struck him dead grin. Inbreeding definitely took place cause I was in one of his building when the children and grandchildren fought the firstborn, demanding for increase monthly pay...lol so many things were said.
But now the place is lively, fun spot and also a church on the street ( harvest place) I think.
Most of his kids get skoro for head grin lipsrsealed
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by nwadiuko1(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2015
There was also this one called "odawo" in Aba......when we were growing up....

Fact is: humanity is looking for something to believe in and people like" jesu oyingbo" queue in to take advantage

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by daddynasa: 11:44am On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The human mind is like clay.
It is very very malleable.
This goes to prove, and I have argued before, that there is no freewill.
The mind is always always fully or partially encumbered by the very nature of it's evolution.

We are hardly independent personalities viewing and judging reality from a distance. No.
Rather, are network of neural interactions, mirroring , expressing and trying to validate individual selves through our environments.

My point in all this is that the mind is porous and akways open to hacking and subtle manipulation, especially when you have the perfect combination of fear, superstition, ignorance and hopeless poverty.
Believe it or not, about 90%or more of people want to be controlled or led.
They want another person, a stronger mind, to define reality to them and break it down in small chewable bits, with plenty of sugar.
This is why Africa and other poverty laden societies provide the perfect inexhaustible resources for religious fraudsters and hustlers.
philosophically this is a sound mind

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by tammie24: 11:46am On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The mind is always always fully or partially encumbered by the very nature of it's evolution.

We are hardly independent personalities viewing and judging reality from a distance. No.
Rather, are network of neural interactions, mirroring , expressing and trying to validate individual selves through our environments.

My point in all this is that the mind is porous and akways open to hacking and subtle manipulation, especially when you have the perfect combination of fear, superstition, ignorance and hopeless poverty.
They want another person, a stronger mind, to define reality to them and break it down in small chewable bits, with plenty of sugar.
This is why Africa and other poverty laden societies provide the perfect inexhaustible resources for religious fraudsters and hustlers.
Not just Africa
This happens even in America

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 11:55am On May 17, 2015
tammie24:

Not just Africa
This happens even in America
Yes.
But the prey always possess the same characteristics. Mainly low income, uneducated or half educated, mainly economically disenfranchised blacks and rural whites of the south.
I have observed that most evangelical fraudsters specifically target blacks, the poor and the elderly in America.

In Africa, where poverty and hopelessness is widely pervasive, it is an inexhaustible resource for religious fraudsters of every shade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Superman11(m): 11:56am On May 17, 2015
Good script for a Nigerian movie
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by NobleG1(m): 11:58am On May 17, 2015
Complete nonsense!
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by emeka94(m): 12:04pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The human mind is not just malleable, it is scared and afraid and in need of continuous guidance. This explains the universality of religion and its use as a control tool.
It is comforting to know that someone, like big brother, is always there to protect, guide and help us in times of need. Hence, why people always turn to God when they are in need, lonely and/or afraid -relegate him in times of happiness and success. Unconsciously, we want to be dominated, controlled, protected, loved, directed, pampered etc.
To me, prayer is like hope. It relieves us because we, believe that we, have placed our burden on a stronger shoulder that can carry and solve our problems. This makes one happier and comforted. And in such moods, we tend to achieve more and be highly productive. Voila!!! Its a miracle.

Prayer is a placebo effect.

3 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Parisbee5(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2015
@Op Thanks alot for this exposition. Its indeed an eye opener for millions of gullible nigerians who are still being scammed in the name of miracles. I think poverty is the reason why many are trapped to believe religion will save them.
Case study: Life and time of 'Jesu Oyingbo' authored by Ishilove of Nairaland with reference to NYT
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by tammie24: 12:07pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

Yes.
But the prey always possess the same characteristics. Mainly low income, uneducated or half educated, mainly economically disenfranchised blacks and rural whites of the south.
I have observed that most evangelical fraudsters specifically target blacks, the poor and the elderly in America.

In Africa, where poverty and hopelessness is widely pervasive, it is an inexhaustible resource for religious fraudsters of every shade.

Even educated people are brainwashed daily
People are only quick to label Africa all kinds of things
Rich people, well traveled...
The thing is, we humans are vulnerable and if someone can convince us to be something or believe in something, at least 40percent of us will drop everything without thinking straight esp when we don't have people around to talk sense to us

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 12:08pm On May 17, 2015
fr3do:

You were making sense until the bolded, you are just another pessimistic self hater who thinks he is inferior to the white man.

Sorry, but this post betrays a certain kind of dishonesty.

Where is the pessimism in my post?
Is that there is hopeless poverty in Africa ?
Do you wish to deny that?

Or is that religious fraudsters of all shades ( which Nigeria seem to be the largest producer) see hopeless poverty, economic disenfranchisement, social dislocation coupled with ignorant superstition as an inexhaustible resource to prey on?

Which of these do you disagree with?
If you were honest, you would have made your own argument first before calling someone a self-hater.

Perhaps you don't know the meaning of self-hate.
A person who buries his face in the sand like an ostrich , and pretends to see nothing is the true self-hater.

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by kay29000(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

You my friend, are one of a kind. I am happy that there are more of my type out there.

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 17, 2015
standd:
Religion is sham!

undecided
Reminds me of 'Children of God'
a novel I read detailing the life of a white version of Jesu Oyingbo.
I feel that Nigerians need good jobs, stable electricity to do business, good roads, portable water, positive and productive education, accessible social amenities, etc. Give us all these and these Pastors will no longer sell.
I blame this brainwashing on POVERTY of the mind and body.
You guys don't just get it. This is not about africa or anything. It's about humans and it happens everywhere. Not only in religion. The numerous batman stuff, people who worship Elvis Presly, West Boro Baptist church in the US, PEOPLE who worship artists, tattoo the names of these artists on their bodies and do so many crazy things. Most humans want an hero or something demigod like and once they sync up with this thoughts they lose their minds. It's not about poverty or anything. It's just man's inherent nature.

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by kay29000(m): 12:14pm On May 17, 2015
Redoil:
Generally, life is harsh frustrating and difficultg. Scamming is part and parcel of human life, [b]just promise anybody anything cotinue to say it keep it simple and make the banal promise big then watch as people will do anything you say. I have tried it on people esp greedy women [/b]and so called sharp guys

OMG! You are so right. There is this girl I had been trying to get for a while now, but she kept doing anyhow. I just promised her some money by the end of the month, OMO!!! See as this girl turn to my slave o! Doing anything and everything I want. I mean, the change is just so ridiculous I can't explain it.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

Sorry, but this post betrays a certain kind of dishonesty.

Where is the pessimism in my post?
Is that there is hopeless poverty in Africa ?
Do you wish to deny that?

Or is that religious fraudsters of all shades ( which Nigeria seem to be the largest producer) see hopeless poverty, economic disenfranchisement, social dislocation coupled with ignorant superstition as an inexhaustible resource to prey on?

Which of these do you disagree with?
If you were honest, you would have made your own argument first before calling someone a self-hater.

Perhaps you don't know the meaning of self-hate.
A person who buries his face in the sand like an ostrich , and pretends to see nothing is the true self-hater.
Guy quit it. Hero worship is a global phenomenom that transcends poverty and social strata. There are people who sold their houses in the US before year 2000 because their pastors told them the world was ending before the new millenium. This were fairly rich and educated people and we still have millions of them around the world. Narrowing it to Africa is actually inferiority complex as you believe everything bad that happens, happens because we are blacks and can't think. That's a racial stereotype. You know how many whites that can't point to the American continent on a map and can't make simple logical judgements? Millions of them.

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 17, 2015
johnny1980:
You guys don't just get it. This is not about africa or anything. It's about humans and it happens everywhere. Not only in religion. The numerous batman stuff, people who worship elvis presly, west boro baptist church in the US, PEOPLE who worship artists, tattoo the names of this artists on their bodies and so on. Most humans want an hero or something demigod like and was they sync with this thoughts they lose their minds. It's not about poverty or anything. It's man's nature.

Yes to everything.. But, right now we are discussing religion so the focus is on that.

I still think that POVERTY makes SOME Nigerians overtly religious, like sowing seeds and going to sleep in Church plus worshiping paatorprenuers will make manna fall from heaven. Yet, the pastors grow richer while majority of the flock stink with poverty.

Plus some people just refuse to use common sense, always relying on God to do things for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 12:27pm On May 17, 2015
tammie24:

Even educated people are brainwashed daily
People are only quick to label Africa all kinds of things
Rich people, well traveled...
The thing is, we humans are vulnerable and if someone can convince us to be something or believe in something, at least 40percent of us will drop everything without thinking straight esp when u don't have people around to talk sense to us

I kind of agree.

Statistics have shown over and over that majority of people non America and Europe come out university far less religious than they were when they entered.
Therefore, university education should be considered a form of social engineering programming that filters and weens out religious crap from the mind.

Perhaps there is something wrong with African education.
Seriously. It puzzles me too.
I have travelled and mingled extensively with people of different cultures.
It is only in Africa, Nigeria especially that we have professors who are evangelical pastors or who ditch their professional careers to be pastors.
It is therefore not surprising also, that Africa, the African educated, contribute the least in scientific and engineering innovations.

Same goes for blacks in American. They are the most likely to be encumbered by religious superstitions, least likely to be well educated, most likely to have fragmented family setups, and most likely to be incarcerated.
Do the math, and tell me the common denominator.
It is the mind.

I am sorry, but a mind spoonfed with the superstitions of Jesus saving his soul and reserving a seat for him in the heavenly la la land is already encumbered, already yoked.
I mean, why persue futuristic scientific and engineering research when you're expecting JH Jesus at moment to whisk you away to la la land?

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by redsun(m): 12:35pm On May 17, 2015
He was way ahead of time in that dark dungeon. Anybody could be Jesus,all it takes is to claim it and live up to it. He did and he lived well with all the structured edifices he left in Maryland,Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 17, 2015
standd:

Yes to everything.. But, right now we are discussing religion so the focus is on that.

I still think that POVERTY makes SOME Nigerians overtly religious, like sowing seeds and going to sleep in Church plus worshiping paatorprenuers will make manna fall from heaven. Yet, the pastors grow richer while majority of the flock stink with poverty.
Poverty maybe a big influence in Nigeria based on the demographics but poverty isn't the main root cause. FEAR which is a universal factor is the root cause.

A case in point is the Ebola issue. Do you know how many educated and rich people fell for that stupid prank of bathing with salt and water? Millions. Exactly what plays around when it comes to religion and hero worshipping. Play on people's fear, offer them hope as regards what they are scared of. WITH that you would control them like robots. It's no news that there's a message of hell fire and burning of those who don't turn to God on a certain day of resurrection by most preachers. This FEAR pushes people to seek people they believe or heard have the magic wand or promises them hope from their troubles and FEARS.

So they troupe out to meet these people no matter their social strata and education.

Have you not seen many Professors and Rich men cower under the messages of these pastors? The pastors are using their FEAR to rule them. This can be applied in many ways, by using their fear of poverty to preach hope and prosperity; or fear of hell fire to preach hope of paradise and eternal living; or it can be their fear of illness or diseases to preach cleansing them and healing them just to get them under their wings.

Although you are right that poverty plays a dominant role in Nigeria .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 17, 2015
johnny1980:
Poverty maybe a big influence in Nigeria based on the demographics but poverty isn't the root cause.

A case in point is the Ebola issue. Do you know how many educated and rich people fell for that stupid prank of bathing with salt and water? Millions. Exactly what plays around when it comes to religion and hero worship. Play on people's fear, offer them hope as regards what they are scared of and you would control them like robots. It's no news that there's a message of hell fire and burning of unbelievers and those who don't turn to God by most preachers. This fear pushes people to seek people they believe or heard have the magic wand or promised them hope from their troubles.

So they troupe out to meet these people no matter their social strata and education. Have you not seen many professors and rich men cower under the messages of these pastors and so on. The pastors are using their fear to rule them. This can be applied in many ways, by using their fear of poverty to preach hope and prosperity, or fear of hell fire to preach hope or it can be their fear of illness or diseases to preach cleansing them and healing them just to get them under their wings.

Although you maybe right that poverty plays a dominant role in Nigeria.

The bolded is the key. Plus the half-baked unproductive education they subject the folks who can't afford quality education to, makes a whole lot of people susceptible to a truckload of Bullshit.

6 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by tammie24: 12:44pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

I kind of agree.

Statistics have shown over and over that majority of people non America and Europe come out university far less religious than they were when they entered.
Therefore, university education should be considered a form of social engineering programming that filters and weens out religious crap from the mind.

Perhaps there is something wrong with African education.
Seriously. It puzzles me too.
I have travelled and mingled extensively with people of different cultures.
It is only in Africa, Nigeria especially that we have professors who are evangelical pastors or who ditch their professional careers to be pastors.
It is therefore not surprising also, that Africa, the African educated, contribute the least in scientific and engineering innovations.

Same goes for blacks in American. They are the most likely to be encumbered by religious superstitions, least likely to be well educated, most likely to have fragmented family setups, and most likely to be incarcerated.
Do the math, and tell me the common denominator.
It is the mind.

I am sorry, but a mind spoonfed with the superstitions of Jesus saving his soul and reserving a seat for him in the heavenly la la land is already encumbered, already yoked.
I mean, why persue futuristic scientific and engineering research when you're expecting JH Jesus at moment to whisk you away to la la land?

So you don't believe in Jesus Christ?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Judelord57: 12:50pm On May 17, 2015
As a taxi driver,one night around 11:30pm I pick up a guy behind the mobil station around Mary land the guy told me to take him to fela shrine I told him to pay 1k and beg me to carry him for 5h .on boarding my taxi we now engage in discussion, the now introduced himself as Muyiwa Eje aka Jesu oyingbo son.I was like for real he now said as Maryland is concern the father was the first person to buy land and owns more land around that Mary Land,the guy continues told me relationship between Jesu Oyingbo and Abami EDA Fela Anikulapo Kuti.we had a long gist told me many thing about his father and live after is his father.It was so interesting and carry the guy for free.Africa Shrine lives on.courtesy of FELABRATION.

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by 2kris(m): 12:50pm On May 17, 2015
Who type all this tin....and were we soppose to read it.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Very Unusual Outfit / Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.