Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) (87872 Views)

Jesus Of Nazareth - An Historical View / MUST READ : Read The Life & Times Of A Man Who Call Himself "Jesus Of Oyingbo" / Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 12:50pm On May 17, 2015
johnny1980:
Guy quit it. Hero worship is a global phenomenom that transcends poverty and social strata. There are people who sold their houses in the US before year 2000 because their pastors told them the world was ending before the new millenium. This were fairly rich and educated people and we still have millions of them around the world. Narrowing it to Africa is actually inferiority complex as you believe everything bad that happens, happens because we are blacks and can't think. That's a racial stereotype. You know how many whites that can't point to the American continent on a map and can't make simple logical judgements? Millions of them.
Quit your dishonesty.
Perhaps you have an inferiority complex.
Maybe that's why a simple truth stings you.

Telling myself truths about my society does not in any way diminish me or my self-esteem.
In fact, self introspection is the best service to one's self.

Of course hero worship is a universal phenomena.
I worship Gani Fawemini. You can hardly say that he is manipulating me.

In the context of evangelical Christianity, we are talking of delibetate and well choreographed manipulation, using weaknesses in the cultural, economic and social landscape.

I make references to Nigeria and Africa because, first, this is where it pinches me, secondly, it is non-disputable fact that the cultural landscapes of Africa have polluted and denigrated by centuries of assaults by the foreign religions and colonialism.
It is also a fact that Africa's economic and social landscapes have rendered desolate by decades of visionless km leaderships and corruption.

With all these put together, when the evangelical fraudsters of the Christian religion look upon Africa, they see inexhaustible reserves of oil, gold and diamonds flowing in surface of the continent.

For an argument, please try to prove to us that evangelical invasion of African is not grounded on manipulation and exploitation.

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by freecocoa(f): 12:51pm On May 17, 2015
onegig:
Your last line is not true. Yeah, seeking hope or being overtly superstitious push most people into following things like zombies but it happens in all facets of human life.

Have you seen how some people gobble whatever rubbish a celebrity say just because they see them as demigods? This also happens in the intellectual and financial field. People looking up to Professors, High ranking CEOs, Rich men and so on as gods.

The problem isn't religion, it is man's innate crave for a "superman" entity that can help them navigate the murky waters of life. Nothing wrong with this but when such Superman thingy turns to HEROWORSHIP then it's a big problem because all logical reasoning is lost at that point and the soul is already owned by this hero to do whatever they like with it. Religion is just more susceptible to such scenarios because of the need for the "sheep and leader" process that most religious denominations requires.

One reason i have apathy to organized religion's use of a "preacher" or "head" to dictate to people how to live their lives. They most times (90% of the time) end up putting their own colouration to such messages and messing things up badly. Best bet is for everyone to pick their holy books and make personal inferences from whatever they read there. It's simple but impossible for majority of humans because they can't "think and reflect" for themselves.
I'll keep it short.

What you advocate is impractical because the holy book you refer to, encourage people to gather and do whatever it is they do together.

Organised religion was practised in those books and that's what's expected of religious people. BTW, I never said ditching religion is the best thing to happen to anyone, I pointed out that it is only but ONE of the things, you can add hero worship and celebrity whatnot to the list.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:52pm On May 17, 2015
question is,how did he die?

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 12:54pm On May 17, 2015
tammie24:

So you don't believe in Jesus Christ?

For what?

Was he my townsman?

His own townsmen don't even buy that bulkshyte.

Why should an African?
Or, are we somehow smarter than his own townsmen ?

That's the million dollar question.

3 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 17, 2015
standd:

The bolded is the key. Plus the half-baked unproductive education they subject the folks who can't afford quality education to, makes a whole lot of people susceptible to a truckload of Bullshit.
and guess what, the average place you can get a semblance of this quality education is actually owned by these same religious institutions in Nigeria and they thorougly indoctrinate their students with all those hero worshipping BS. So both ways we are terribly Fuc.ked and the circle continues.

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Omotayor123(f): 1:00pm On May 17, 2015
Never knew dia is a story behind Jesu Oyingbo... Lol
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by iamord(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The human mind is like clay.
It is very very malleable.
This goes to prove, and I have argued before, that there is no freewill.
The mind is always always fully or partially encumbered by the very nature of it's evolution.

We are hardly independent personalities viewing and judging reality from a distance. No.
Rather, are network of neural interactions, mirroring , expressing and trying to validate individual selves through our environments.

My point in all this is that the mind is porous and akways open to hacking and subtle manipulation, especially when you have the perfect combination of fear, superstition, ignorance and hopeless poverty.
Believe it or not, about 90%or more of people want to be controlled or led.
They want another person, a stronger mind, to define reality to them and break it down in small chewable bits, with plenty of sugar.
This is why Africa and other poverty laden societies provide the perfect inexhaustible resources for religious fraudsters and hustlers.
guy I love your post soo much. This format is not new at all. It has happened all over the world. Some are even more decent than this and hard to fish out. The Africa I know harbours a lot of them. People call rev king. Cos that's the one they know. What about your own pastor or bishop?? Watch the movie 'focus' it gives more insight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by redsun(m): 1:03pm On May 17, 2015
johnny1980:
Poverty maybe a big influence in Nigeria based on the demographics but poverty isn't the main root cause. FEAR which is a universal factor is the root cause.

A case in point is the Ebola issue. Do you know how many educated and rich people fell for that stupid prank of bathing with salt and water? Millions. Exactly what plays around when it comes to religion and hero worshipping. Play on people's fear, offer them hope as regards what they are scared of. WITH that you would control them like robots. It's no news that there's a message of hell fire and burning of those who don't turn to God on a certain day of resurrection by most preachers. This FEAR pushes people to seek people they believe or heard have the magic wand or promises them hope from their troubles and FEARS.

So they troupe out to meet these people no matter their social strata and education.

Have you not seen many Professors and Rich men cower under the messages of these pastors? The pastors are using their FEAR to rule them. This can be applied in many ways, by using their fear of poverty to preach hope and prosperity; or fear of hell fire to preach hope of paradise and eternal living; or it can be their fear of illness or diseases to preach cleansing them and healing them just to get them under their wings.

Although you are right that poverty plays a dominant role in Nigeria .

Nigerian educated are not truly educated,that is why they lack initiatives and less productive than mere ants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Blackfire(m): 1:07pm On May 17, 2015
If u are reading this post and u are a lady believe me u are under one control of religion
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by litetias(m): 1:10pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The human mind is like clay.
It is very very malleable.
This goes to prove, and I have argued before, that there is no freewill.
The mind is always always fully or partially encumbered by the very nature of it's evolution.

We are hardly independent personalities viewing and judging reality from a distance. No.
Rather, are network of neural interactions, mirroring , expressing and trying to validate individual selves through our environments.

My point in all this is that the mind is porous and akways open to hacking and subtle manipulation, especially when you have the perfect combination of fear, superstition, ignorance and hopeless poverty.
Believe it or not, about 90%or more of people want to be controlled or led.
They want another person, a stronger mind, to define reality to them and break it down in small chewable bits, with plenty of sugar.
This is why Africa and other poverty laden societies provide the perfect inexhaustible resources for religious fraudsters and hustlers.

Bravo!!!

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

Quit your dishonesty.

Telling myself truths about my society does not in any way diminish me or my self-esteem.

In the context of evangelical Christianity, we are talking of delibetate and well choreographed manipulation, using weaknesses in the cultural, economic and social landscape.

I make references to Nigeria and Africa because, first, this is where it pinches me, secondly, it is non-disputable fact that the cultural landscapes of Africa have polluted and denigrated by centuries of assaults by the foreign religions and colonialism.
It is also a fact that Africa's economic and social landscapes have rendered desolate by decades of visionless km leaderships and corruption.

With all these put together, when the evangelical fraudsters of the Christian religion look upon Africa, they see inexhaustible reserves of oil, gold and diamonds flowing in surface of the continent.

For an argument, please try to prove to us that evangelical invasion of African is not grounded on manipulation and exploitation.
You still don't get this. So telling you to get off your high horse and stop seeing this as a problems with Africans alone is me denying that we have such problems. If anything you introduced that aspect to the discuss and i had to call you out of such bull crap.

People all over the world make silly mistakes and follow foolish doctrines. It transcends geographical locations or race.

You admire Gani you aren't hero worshipping him. If you did, you would spot the same hairstyle, drink the same kind of beer he takes, dress the same way he does and follow every stupid rule he may have left and followed without questioning the rationality.

Let me enlighten you before you make this a race thing and go off tangent. Immunisation is still a big front burner issue in The US and Australia currently as most parents are denying their kids of immunisation because their church does not allow such even when its contrary to logic. The government is weighing bills to deny those parents social security and so on to force their hands. Isn't this your almighty ADvanced Race who can do no wrong and are the bastion of education and wisdom?

Please tell me, this is happening in Africa and i would keep shut. We have gullible people ruled by religion world over stop making it seem like Africans are the only ones who are indoctrinated into such rubbish. You would end up sounding very inferior. You would sound more intelligent to take a look at things with a broader look and stop narrowing them to a specific race or people.

I can give you links to many threads regarding the Australian and US issues and this are fairly recent 2015 ish. Not 1970 mass movements against immunisation due to religious beliefs. I guess in your dictionary. That isn't happening in the so called advanced world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 1:14pm On May 17, 2015
johnny1980:
Poverty maybe a big influence in Nigeria based on the demographics but poverty isn't the main root cause. FEAR which is a universal factor is the root cause.

A case in point is the Ebola issue. Do you know how many educated and rich people fell for that stupid prank of bathing with salt and water? Millions. Exactly what plays around when it comes to religion and hero worshipping. Play on people's fear, offer them hope as regards what they are scared of. WITH that you would control them like robots. It's no news that there's a message of hell fire and burning of those who don't turn to God on a certain day of resurrection by most preachers. This FEAR pushes people to seek people they believe or heard have the magic wand or promises them hope from their troubles and FEARS.

So they troupe out to meet these people no matter their social strata and education.

Have you not seen many Professors and Rich men cower under the messages of these pastors? The pastors are using their FEAR to rule them. This can be applied in many ways, by using their fear of poverty to preach hope and prosperity; or fear of hell fire to preach hope of paradise and eternal living; or it can be their fear of illness or diseases to preach cleansing them and healing them just to get them under their wings.

Although you are right that poverty plays a dominant role in Nigeria .

Religion, poverty, superstition, fear all feed into themselves.
This is the vicious cycle I see in Nigeria.
Let me give an example.

An educated rich person becomes a so-called born again Christian. Very soon he gets caught up in the usual fear mongering that is part faith. Rather than dwelling on Jesus like virtues like love and kindness, they sow seeds of fear into him. Enemies, witches, evil spirits are now said to be stalking him. He is urged to do fasting, special prayers , sow more seeds, etc.
Once the seeds of fear are sown, the person now begins to view his reality as him vs evil spirits.
Overtime, this magical thinking is spreads to his immediate and extended family, where, every good thing that happens will be seen as gods special blessing, and every bad thing that happens would adjudged as the devil's handwork.
In every society, there are always people and groups that live on the fringes of lunacy.
But in Nigeria, my country , evangelical Christianity has basically rendered and relegated the majority to the fringes of lunacy.

3 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by kradleber: 1:22pm On May 17, 2015
Why the unceasing tagging of this episode as a typical 'African/ Nigerian" affair and occurrence.

Have y'all forgotten so soon about the tales of Pastor Jim Jones, founder of the People's Temple and maniacal perpetrator of the mass suicide via cyanide poisoning(I always like to refer to the incidence as the gospel of purple kool-aid)

The Guyana tragedy is indubitable proof that this echelon of human mental decadence and degeneration as a result of that great 'invention' called 'religion' is not synonymous to Africa alone.

5 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by plaetton: 1:28pm On May 17, 2015
johnny1980:
You still don't get this. So telling you to get off your high horse and stop seeing this as a problems with Africans alone is me denying that we have such problems. If anything you introduced that aspect to the discuss and i had to call you out of such bull crap.

People all over the world make silly mistakes and follow foolish doctrines. It transcends geographical locations or race.

You admire Gani you aren't hero worshipping him. If you did, you would spot the same hairstyle, drink the same kind of beer he takes, dress the same way he does and follow every stupid rule he may have left and followed without questioning the rationality.

Let me enlighten you before you make this a race thing and go off tangent. Immunisation is still a big front burner issue in The US and Australia currently as most parents are denying their kids of immunisation because their church does not allow such even when its contrary to logic. The government is weighing bills to deny those parents social security and so on to force their hands. Isn't this your almighty ADvanced Race who can do no wrong and are the bastion of education and wisdom?

Please tell me, this is happening in Africa and i would keep shut. We have gullible people ruled by religion world over stop making it seem like Africans are the only ones who are indoctrinated into such rubbish. You would end up sounding very inferior. You would sound more intelligent to take a look at things with a broader look and stop narrowing them to a specific race or people.

My dear friend.
Pls read my posts carefully.
Let me repeat, religious manipulation occurs everywhere under the very same conditions.

In Africa, those conditions that make it easy for religious manipulation are pervasive and Show no signs of abating.
In Nigeria, superstition and magical thinking are too pervasive. Evangelical filth just adds fuel to that fire.
Whereas, in the USA and other countries, public enlightenment, education, good governance , good health, stable economy and stable political culture can mitigate religious superstition over time, in Africa, that is not the case.
In Nigeria, evangelical pastors target universities and university students to hawk their magical thinking and superstitions.

I had a nice who dropped and refused to take a course in psychology simply because it was giving her bad ideas about her religious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by amiskurie(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2015
Omo...hin bread na no1 in mile-12 then.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by iamord(m): 1:31pm On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

Quit your dishonesty.

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by onegig(m): 1:39pm On May 17, 2015
freecocoa:
I'll keep it short.

What you advocate is impractical because the holy book you refer to, encourage people to gather and do whatever it is they do together.

Organised religion was practised in those books and that's what's expected of religious people. BTW, I never said ditching religion is the best thing to happen to anyone, I pointed out that it is only but ONE of the things, you can add hero worship and celebrity whatnot to the list.

Mabye the organised worship you used to perform back then but the one I know specifically requests you to seek for whatever truth you desire and it's highly enjoined on your to seek personal education as regards your religion. Which makes it very practical to the best of my understanding, the only problem is people are less willing to take that journey. It's always more easier to take the easy route out.

As for your ditching Religion is ONE of the best thing statement. I would like differ on that but I guess you are free to have whatever opinion you want. Anything that suits your needs, but I would just admonish a self retrospection. Don't judge most religions by their adherents , most people don't truly follow what their various religions preach and a bit of personal research won't hurt.

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 17, 2015
Well done Ishilove, quite an interesting read. Jesu Oyingbo was a force in his life time, the entire environs of Maryland was synonymous with him.

In fact, there is even a Yoruba song that acknowledged his divinity claim despite not quite accepting of the claim which goes thus:

Emi o mo Jesu Oyingbo,
Emi o mo Jesu Agege,
Emi o mo Guru Maharaji,
Jesu ti mo mo l'apata ayeraye!!!

I don't know Jesus of Oyingbo,
I don't know Jesus of Agege,
I don't know Guru Maharji,
The Jesus that I know is the rock of ages!

Funny, that song seem to have died with Jesu Oyingbo wink

3 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by imustsaymymindo: 1:41pm On May 17, 2015
From a carpenter to an estate and business owner to a small god. wow!! How did he make it so big? With people's fragile mind?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by imustsaymymindo: 1:45pm On May 17, 2015
superior1:
The spirit of falsehood is still around, there is one around Idimu area of Lagos currently.
I don't think he can be successful as Jesus of Oyingbo. Nigerians been stealing concepts since day one. Even the falsehood concept.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 17, 2015
Blackfire:
If u are reading this post and u are a lady believe me u are under one control of religion

Not true.
36STATES:
Yorubas scamming Nigerians with "God told me" since 1800.

Yes oh, even Rev. King, the Yoruba man from Anambra State is not left out.

May God help us in this country.

6 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 17, 2015
kradleber:
Why the unceasing tagging of this episode as a typical 'African/ Nigerian" affair and occurrence.

When you are a Nigerian, in Nigeria and on Nairaland, you contribute to topics with what you have seen, or what you know.
Besides, majority of the people who know Jesu of Oyingbo have never heard of Jim Jones hence, the tendency to tag the episode as a Nigerian thing.
Religion is being used to brainwash hordes of people worldwide, I personally believe that humanity will only achieve her full potentials if religion ceases to exist; and man starts to think with his brain.
People would stop believing in gibberish and then subsequently, use a greater part of their brain to better their lives and make smart decisions( without interference from pastorprenuers or hopes in miracles).
I may not be alive when this happens but I know it will surely happen since the human race will continue to evolve. One day, religion will be another fairytale relegated to history books.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 17, 2015
standd:

When you are a Nigerian, in Nigeria and on Nairaland, you contribute to topics with what you have seen, or what you know.
Besides, majority of the people who know Jesu of Oyingbo have never heard of Jim Jones hence, the need to tag the episode as a Nigerian thing.
Religion is being used to brainwash hordes of people worldwide, I personally believe that humanity will only achieve her full potentials if religion ceases to exist; and man starts to think with his brain.
People would stop believing in gibberish and then subsequently, use a greater part of their brain to better their lives and make smart decisions( without interference from pastorprenuers or hopes in miracles).
I may not be alive when this happens but I know it will surely happen since the human race will continue to evolve. One day, religion will be another fairytale relegated to history books.

Very very naive thought! Be careful what you wish for o

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by focus7: 2:01pm On May 17, 2015
Op I am suspicious at you, are you planning to go in the business of hypnotism that made you want to know what they used.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 17, 2015
naijababe:

Very very naive thought! Be careful what you wish for o

Decades ago, our forefathers never heard of Jesus or Mohammed.
Decades to come, other sets of prophets and religion will crop up, different from the ones we know now.
Decades after that, there won't be any prophets or stories of prophets left to start any religion. By this time, humanity would have shed all it's religious affinities or beliefs.

Gradually, humanity will evolve and there will be no SINGLE trace of RELIGION left; by this time, men would be using more than 20% of their Medulla and things will become better and all hidden myths will be revealed...

Evolution!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by precisionindepth: 2:09pm On May 17, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not surprised many people fell and still fall for their lies, in a place where superstition is the order of the day, what do you expect?

One of the best things that can happen to a person is to ditch religion.
yes, and embrace Christ only. reading and studying d word of God , u will understand wat God really wants and whatever a pastor says DT is contrary to it, u will know
I once knew a pastor telling me u can sleep with ur girlfriend so far u r gonna marry at last..I looked at him and I just laughed .
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 17, 2015
standd:

Decades ago, our forefathers never heard of Jesus or Mohammed..Decades to come, other sets of prophets and religion will crop up.
Gradually, humanity will evolve and there will be trace of religion left; by this time, men would be using more than 20% of their Medulla and things will become better and all hidden myths will be revealed...

Evolution!!

Lol.........the same forefathers who worshipped Sango, Osun , Orisha-nla and the likes! The ones who killed twins and sometimes buried the living with the dead, the ones who pass down a widow to the next living male relative, the ones who sacrificed human beings to gods?!

Like I said before, be careful what you wish for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by freecocoa(f): 2:12pm On May 17, 2015
onegig:

Mabye the organised worship you used to perform back then but the one I know specifically requests you to seek for whatever truth you desire and it's highly enjoined on your to seek personal education as regards your religion. Which makes it very practical to the best of my understanding, the only problem is people are less willing to take that journey. It's always more easier to take the easy route out.

As for your ditching Religion is ONE of the best thing statement. I would like differ on that but I guess you are free to have whatever opinion you want. Anything that suits your needs, but I would just admonish a self retrospection. Don't judge most religions by their adherents , most people don't truly follow what their various religions preach and a bit of personal research won't hurt.
What religion would that be, that doesn't encourage organised religion?

How will I be able to judge religion if not by it adherents? It has to be practised for it to be even known na abi?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 17, 2015
naijababe:

Lol.........the same forefathers who worshipped Sango, Osun , Orisha-nla and the likes! The ones who killed twins and sometimes buried the living with the dead, the ones who pass down a widow to the next living male relative, the one who sacrificed human beings to gods?!

Like I said before, be careful what you wish for.

Yes, we evolved from that era to the present one. Same way the coming generations will evolve from our era to a brand new one. NEW gods, new prophets, new RELIGIONS.

Then afterwards, no religion at all. Just humans using their brain to create wonderful, wonderful things... Without pastors and miracles, the blind would begin to see, the lame would begin to walk, scientific inventions that surpasses human comprehension will come to stay...And our very wealthy PASTORPRENUERS will run out of gullible fanatics to deceive cheesy

Or do you think the world will end with us?

7 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Deluxii(m): 2:23pm On May 17, 2015
Good info ops! I am seeing this man for 1st time
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 17, 2015
standd:

Yes, we evolved from that era to the present one. Same way the coming generations will evolve from our era to a brand new one. NEW gods, new prophets, new RELIGIONS.

You are missing the point, we did not evolve, we simply swapped one for another, even your comment alluded to that.

Then afterwards, no religion at all. Just humans using their brain to create wonderful, wonderful things... Without pastors and miracles, the blind would begin to see, the lame would begin to walk, scientific mirrors that surpasses human comprehension will come to stay...And our very wealthy PASTORPRENUERS will run out of gullible fanatics to deceive cheesy

That is quite a tall order and naive like I said before grin There is nothing wrong in believing in miracles, the problem is our laziness and our need for instant gratification. It is time people start to hold themselves personally accountable, it is lazy and irresponsible to just blame pastors or entrepreneurs! When a persons falls for a scam, we are quick to point out their intrinsic greed to begin with, why do we not apply the same logic to the followership, abi are they sheep literally ni?

Or do you think the world will end with us?

Between global warming, disregard for the environment and over population, there is a very good chance it might grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Very Unusual Outfit / Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.