Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) (502 Views)

Women,money And Fame / Women/money Which Is More Powerful / Men, Women, Money And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by Kasiem2: 1:36pm On May 16, 2015
In brief, feminism is regarded as the struggle towards keeping women on equal scale with men in the social, economic and political value. Charles Fourier is credited with having coined the word 'feminisme' in 1837.
Owing to the some social deprivations which the women folk suffered in the past this struggle was embarked on. The women were meant to see themselves as lesser humans than the men. Till today, hardly, will a woman garner the same level of respect a real man get in a social gathering just because some cultural and social stereotypes and beliefs in our society. The society and government in order to ameliorate this have created so many laws, policies, and foundations to empower women in the world. For instance, in nigeria we have ministry for women affairs and also a policy that created to make sure that women occupy atleast 35 percent of political positions in the country.
Now, on the side of the women beyond mere intellectual and street protests how far have they gone in helping this struggle for feminism in the country? Most women are yearning to have a world where the women will be on the same status with men; they need same respect like the men. Okay, who is a real man? A real man is regarded as a being who is guided by strong principles and values, and cannot be wavered by material and monetary things. These are the things that naturally bring respect to a real man and it's expected that before one could be able to tap from the same level of respect a real man enjoys the person should conduct herself in line with that definition of a real man. In all sincerity and objectivity, it's quite contradictory to all have our literary, political, and social libraries filled with texts of one million reasons why women deserve all the whole respect in the world when their conducts in reality barely have principles which guide them. A woman wants to enjoy equal rights with the husband yet she goes about telling the husband that he's the breadwinner of the family, when there any separation she starts demanding for maintenance fee from the husband etc.
Okay, the cyberspace was filled with news of a wedding of one old politicians and a young pretty damsel; we were brought to thoughts of how all the money acts as a major shaper of most women's aspiration. We are living in a world were women wouldn't mind suffering domestic and psychological violence because of money and other artificial things. You only hear of all this struggle when a woman is married to a seemingly poor or weak man but when they are faced with an arrogant rich fellow, everything is regarded as normal. How then will a reasonable person think that this feminist struggle will ever be achieved? I think government and other organisations should stop wasting reasonable resources in this futile struggle until the women folk realises what they really desire in life. You don't gain respect when you've not gained values

1 Like

Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by IamLEGEND1: 1:51pm On May 16, 2015
u should know dat u brought it upon urself wen dem loud-mouthed feminists come banging on ur thread.
Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by lilmax(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2015
Feminism =confusion, op don't waste your time trust me
Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 16, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
u should know dat u brought it upon urself wen dem loud-mouthed feminists come banging on ur thread.

What feminists? You mean the ones I continually take to the cleaners here on Nairaland? cheesy

I could post links to threads where I 'murdered' them, the supposedly very best of them e.g MRS CHIMA. She was left with offering lame comebacks and trying to play the victimcheesy.

Feminists my foot!

Anyone of them who thinks she's well-versed in world views should quote me.
There you have it; MY OPEN CHALLENGEsmiley.
Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by Kasiem2: 2:54pm On May 16, 2015
What women define as feminism now is being hateful and disrespectful on men.
Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by Cruzeiro(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2015
Suffice to say girls of nowadays have no idea what they want. undecided
Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by Kasiem2: 7:16pm On May 16, 2015
Cruzeiro:
Suffice to say girls of nowadays have no idea what they want. undecided
that's it
Re: WOMEN, MONEY, FEMINISM (the Contradictions) by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 16, 2015
lilmax:
Feminism =confusion, op don't waste your time trust me
helep me tell him

(1) (Reply)

What Happened In A Bar / Is Sexxkillz Banned? Please Who Banned Sexxkillz ? / US Man Applies To Marry A Second Wife Following Legalization Of Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.