Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? (19169 Views)

Lady In Bauchi Gives Birth To Quadruplets On Her First Delivery. PICS / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by Omoocash(m): 5:12am On May 17, 2015
Hello Nairalanders in the house, please read the story below carefully as we intend to
Proffer solution to the near calamitous situation. SAVE A HOME, SAVE A NATION .

My friend's 10 year Marriage is about to collapse.

His, my friend's genotype is AA and his wife's genotype is AS but their 4 year old daughter has been confirmed to have SS genotype by not less than 4 different medical experts. He confronted the wife and accused her of infidelity but she vehemently denied having any affair with another man. In other to prove her wrong, my friend subjected the little girl to a paternity test and there he got the shock of his life - the result showed he actually is the father of the girl. At first he accused the doctor of compromise because he is their family doctor and somehow relates to the wife. He then decided to go to another hospital to prove the paternity of the girl child there and then he got another shocker - the first result was actually correct. As It stands, my friend has consulted more than five other doctors outside the state of his residence and all Confirmed that the girl's genotype is SS and he actually is the father of the child despite his and the wife's genotype being as stated above. Even the doctor's are confused by the results as it negate conventional medical norm.

My question now is, experts in the house, is there anything that can lead to such unconventional biological flaw? Under what condition can AS and AA couple have an SS child? Can mutation lead to such condition? My friend insists on divorce because he doesn't believe the wife. Should he go ahead based on what we all know about genotype?

Please I need matured advice on this. This is a REAL LIFE SITUATION AND NO FICTION. I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED NAMES AND ADDRESS OF THE COUPLE BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PERMISSION YET. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by bigtt76(f): 5:38am On May 17, 2015
They should go for DNA test naa undecided
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by dajoaneke(m): 6:19am On May 17, 2015
Madam, what do you understand by paternity test?
bigtt76:
They should go for DNA test naa undecided

4 Likes

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by pasqal09: 6:21am On May 17, 2015
Oga, your friend is being scammed or the story is false

1 Like

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by importexpert(m): 6:23am On May 17, 2015
Docs in the house please intervene.
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by babygirlfl: 6:42am On May 17, 2015
From what I know, it's not possible.
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by thorpido(m): 6:43am On May 17, 2015
I want to believe the genotype result of either the husband or the wife is not correct.They both should go and check their genotypes again.

6 Likes

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by thorpido(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2015
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by gaby(m): 7:18am On May 17, 2015
thorpido:
I want to believe the genotype result of either the husband or the wife is not correct.They both should go and check their genotypes again.

Very much like it...

1 Like

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by Odunharry(m): 9:12am On May 17, 2015
I think 1 out of 4 of their children will be ss
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by pasqal09: 10:18am On May 17, 2015
Odunharry:
I think 1 out of 4 of their children will be ss
I don't think u read the topic well.

1 Like

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by Odunharry(m): 10:26am On May 17, 2015
pasqal09:
I don't think u read the topic well.
I did sir... I knw why I typed that
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by Nobody: 10:44am On May 17, 2015
Oooh, someone has been a bad girl. Naughty, naughty.

@Omoocash, did they eventually go through with confirmation of paternity?
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 17, 2015
I think the AA married the AS and gave birth to SS. So If they had 3 children already then d firts A of d man will combine with the first A of the woman to produce AA.. Guy all the As done finish so na S sure pass.. Ahh wat am I typing?.. Network sef ehn, Network will just be typing lubbish for me
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by onegig(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2015
First i doubt this story. Paternity tests aren't an item that's that cheap and common for you to go for multiple ones just for a single cause. They are thorough and margin of errors is less than 0.02. Some cost as much as 400k and i don't see reason why a doctor wouldn't have advised him to go check his genotype once again after the first paternity test confirmed the daughter as his.

Basic is, his AA result is false. He should go for another. HE is definitely an AS. This story is false from all pointers.

4 Likes

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by rescueteam: 7:05pm On May 17, 2015
From all indications, there seems to be aoita of truth.
I think we need more discussion. can OP move the thread to the front page
Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by ajibadejoe: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
It's a rare occurrence one in 500

Re: Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? by UzomaFC: 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
I don't think so,
I'm AS and my wife is AA, we have 3 kids now and none of them is SS.
Maybe it's coming from the parents.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !! / The Countries With The Most Prostitutes: Check Out The Position Of Nigeria / Husband Returns At 12 Midnight, You Serve Him Eba & He Asks For Rice, Will You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.