Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Beware, This Is Scam! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware, This Is Scam! (3647 Views)

Beware: This Is The New Approach Used By Fraudsters. / Beware!!! This Is The New Trend Of Hijacking Car / Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by Martins00(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2009
[size=25pt]No one has asked how they get ur e-mail address. . [/size] .
They obviously have a data bank of emails of Nairaland Users.

How did they get them?

The emails of Nairaland Users must have been sold to them. . .
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by dominictj(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2009
I dont know where to begin from Nairalanders, coz I hv fallen prey to their tricks after getting same kind of message this morning. I was busy in the office preparing for a trip of which I knew I was going to need ATM to withdraw money during the trip, I didnt give it a second thut until I surrendered my pin no.
I became confused after going through this post when I had less file to attend to at work. As a tradtion I always find time daily to visit nairaland site and am glad I did today.
Immediately I realised I made a mistake I rushed to my bank and applied for termination of my ATM CARD service. Thanks poster
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by dominictj(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
I suspect they work with insiders of most of this banks. Or else, how do they easily lay hands ones e-mail address. Infact, they make it so convincing that one never suspects them. Pls lets be very careful.
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by KollyJay(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2009
Those dude send that type of emails to me frequently too.

They must be having insider info as someone rightly noted, but i know say 1 day, kasala go burst dem ass very soon.

They also use mtn promo too. They sms my younger brother say he don win N1m, they gave him a link to supply his info immediately and he did on a site that look just like mtn site! They also said he shld watch nta news by 9pm say hin name will be announced, he too dey wait in front of TV until 11pm, no show. following day he called me, and i told him to go change his pin asap, which he did, though he did that the following day cos i think he had about 5naira in the account or so, lol,

Very soon, they ll graduate to another level cos this type don lana already but the cure is, never supply ya info online and whenever u use ur internet banking log out o, log the hell out. dont just close it.

Dear GTBank customer,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we have detected a slight error in your account information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://ibank.gtbplc.com/ibank2/login.aspx

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Note: Username (Account Number) and Password are numeric. Refer to your e-banking signup form.

Thank you for choosing, Guaranty Trust Bank.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received.

Copyright © 1995-2008 Guaranty Trust Bank Plc . All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

InterSwitch
Attention Card Holder,

This is to notify you that our services are being upgraded to a new, better and more secured system . You are now required to CLICK HERE and register all your DEBIT CARDS, X-CHANGE CARDS, and CASH CARDS online IMMEDIATELY so as to enable your card to work on our new servers. Only registered cards will work with the ATM machines.

Note that in order to continue using your card for ATM transactions, you MUST register your card(s) online IMMEDIATELY BY CLICKING HERE .If you do not register your ATM card(s) immediately, you will no longer be able to use your cards with the ATM machines or for ATM transactions and your card(s) will be cancelled or terminated.

Adhere to this instruction on receiving this message and click here immediately to register your card. Our goal is to satisfy all our customers need.

InterSwitch Nigeria Limited

Copyright©2009. InterSwitch Limited. All Rights Reserved
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by talk2keke: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2009
Great scammers,i received the mail today,they actually used interswitch logo on the page.
One has to be extra careful.
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by blackweaver(m): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2009
Martins00:

How did they get them?

The emails of Nairaland Users must have been sold to them. . .

i'm not sure that everyone that has received these emails have a Gtb account, it may just be that they use an email extractor
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by clensman(m): 12:10am On Feb 12, 2009
Thank God, no matter how smart they are we always get there games. you people are talking about insider informat and what you people don't realise is that spammer don't need insider to phish you.they can send spyware to monitor your activities to know the site you do visit and the pro don't need your ATM pin number before they phish you.There action are differ. If you're interested to know more about them send me blank mail to seuntiangel@gmail.com
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
I got it last month. It included an e-one form that must be filled out and returned via attachment or hand delivery and gif-ed signature which I did. But I later called a cell and that guy was real but warned me of trusting online stuff. That I should go to their nearest branch office to activate my Internet account. Actually I opened an account with GTB early last month. After that I got a message in my mailbox (I can't remember what it was but never came until I opened that account) and cell (telling me the account has been created with my account number), I was not suspecting a thing because I ticked couple of things on how to get involved with my account.I always run away from the ones that will allow the bank to bill me, never know how much actually they are gonna take.419 within the bank you may call it.So I ticked only notify me via my e-mail and couple of other things. I am always online though.

It is a dollar account and I have only my opening balance of $100 in it as I type unless the criminals have withdrawn it. I will go to my branch next week to check and pay some dollars inside with respect to getting my MasterCard (I hope some sites will accept it) and do some online transactions thereafter. This is scary men!!!!!!!
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by amyliajane(f): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2009
av also received a similar mail with the interswitch logo, though the mail is quite different from the one u guys have here.They sent it to me twicw so i had to call my friend that works with interswitch to verify if it was true and he said no. Pls all beware and be very careful even when withdrawn at atm centres or locations.
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by mrofficial(m): 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
dominic tj:

I suspect they work with insiders of most of this banks. Or else, how do they easily lay hands ones e-mail address. Infact, they make it so convincing that one never suspects them. Pls lets be very careful.
lol. you made me laugh.
you can try this on google or any search engines: email: @yahoo.com site:ng

Computer engineer talking.lol.
Martins00:

How did they get them?

The emails of Nairaland Users must have been sold to them.  . .
Easy hoo before seun comes in here and take it as vilification. anyhow, you too can try this on google or any search engines: email: @yahoo.com site:ng

most of us have registered on sites using the email we left with the bank.
well, sorry for those that has been hoodwinked by these dreadful scammers.
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by onax: 9:27pm On Feb 15, 2009
I want 2share everythin with u.
ur joys,
ur sadness,
ur happy moments.
every single second of the day.
Lets start with your ATM Password FiRST.

Kool Right?
grin grin grin
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by Whizkiday(f): 11:29am On Feb 16, 2009
Thanks for the Warning,
I might possibly fall if am sent the message cos i just got an account with GTB.
Thanksssssss alot. Dem go rot in hell
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by sopenz(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2009
the sent the same message to me yesterday and i replied with my correct card info.i didn't suspect anything cos i use a glo first cash card.but i thank god that the account is in red.they have failed
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by sopenz(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2009
the sent the same message to me yesterday and i replied with my correct card info.i didn't suspect anything cos i use a glo first cash card.but i thank god that the account is in red.they have failed
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by hackney(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2009
This scam is over 100yrs old.
To get your email address,they simply pay a lowly bank worker some pittance or they go high tech with internet crawlers that sift out email addresses.
infact for UK banks with helpdesks in india,100's of full customer details can be purchased for £10.
Re: Beware, This Is Scam! by oluwafemi113(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2009
na whaooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Usifo Ataga: A New And Shocking Insight Into How He Actually Died / 3 Men Gang Rape, 18 Year Old Girl. Record Act On Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.