Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Marriage Without Bride Price - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Without Bride Price (22245 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Jalinco: 5:48am On May 18, 2015
Don't be deceived, they will collect it under different headings
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by tofepass: 5:54am On May 18, 2015
My friend wake up, the nil there simply signify that the thing is negotiable.ie no particular or fixed amount for it. So wise up
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by muhammadaah: 5:56am On May 18, 2015
Wonderful..they want u to take good care of her
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by MellisaBrown1: 6:10am On May 18, 2015
My Dear friends online, My name is Melissa Brown, And i live in Ontario, New York, I have to give this miraculous testimony, which is so unbelievable until now. I had a problem with my Ex husband 2 years ago, which lead to our break up. I was not myself again, i felt so empty inside me, my love and financial situation became worst, until a close friend of mine told me about a spell caster who helped her in the same problem too his name is Doctor SHEKIRI. I email the spell caster and i told him my problem and i did what he asked of me, to cut the long story short. Before i knew what was happen, less than two days my husband gave me a call and told me that he was coming back to me i was so happy to have him back to me. The most interesting part of the story is that am pregnant. Thanks to Doctor SHEKIRI for saving my marriage and for also saving others own too. Continue your good work, If you are interested to contact the great spell caster email address (doctorshekiri@outlook.com).OR YOU CAN CALL HIS CELL PHONE ON +2348058260257 You are the best among all the spell caster online that I know.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by betty202020(m): 6:12am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:
Dear house, I have been dating my girl for a while and we plan to get married. We did our introduction last month, and her family gave me a list. On the list[i][/i], they wrote (Bride Price - Nil) and that got me wondering if its possible to get married without paying bride price. Please I need reasonable contributions only. Thanx
man ask an elder.this ur internet marriage dey tire person. In my place, bride price is the only secrete In marriage. Bride price is being discussed by some men from bride village and some from groom side too. Bride price is not written on the pages of papers. Youths should learn from elders. Its a mockery of women to publish their worth in paper. Pls be guilded.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by loomer: 6:54am On May 18, 2015
agarawu23:
I tire o

Him neva know where de pain am
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by luthorcorp: 7:02am On May 18, 2015
emzila:
Human beings! never satisfied. Pay bride price, u go say e too much, ok no pay, u de ask if it is possible. E no de possible, dem just write am to enhance ur reading skill.
i wonder for all these pathetic dudes oh,or maybe he was expecting an exam as bride price.....smh
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Omotayor123(f): 7:19am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:
Dear house, I have been dating my girl for a while and we plan to get married. We did our introduction last month, and her family gave me a list. On the list[i][/i], they wrote (Bride Price - Nil) and that got me wondering if its possible to get married without paying bride price. Please I need reasonable contributions only. Thanx
Of course most Yoruba family do dat. They are telling u dey are not selling their daughter. And if u don't take care of her dey can easily dissolve d marriage contract.

It's normal in south west And I hope u will b able to live up to their expectations.

GoodLuck.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Cutehector(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:
bros please whch village and state is she from abeg? I want to marry from there.. Seriously. Thanks
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Cutehector(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2015
Omotayor123:

Of course most Yoruba family do dat. They are telling u dey are not selling their daughter. And if u don't take care of her dey can easily dissolve d marriage contract.

It's normal in south west And I hope u will b able to live up to their expectations.

GoodLuck.
Godforbid that marriage is a contract!!! Wat God has joined, let no man put assunder... So many people are guilty of that sin assunder.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by bbjummy: 8:35am On May 18, 2015
Nice one. In must yoruba cultural marriages, the bride price is asked for but then returned back to the groom's family either immediately or after the occasion and that is an evidence to prove that the lady is priceless.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by bbjummy: 8:42am On May 18, 2015
Omotayor123:

GoodLuck.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Omotayor123(f): 8:48am On May 18, 2015
Cutehector:
Godforbid that marriage is a contract!!! Wat God has joined, let no man put assunder... So many people are guilty of that sin assunder.
My dear, an agreement BTW two or more pple is a contract oooo.

BTW... some couples are d ones who put asunder in dia own marriage.

Our prayer should be dat God give us our life partner.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Omotayor123(f): 8:49am On May 18, 2015
[quote author=bbjummy post=33846655][/quote]
Y What I'm trying to say is dat OP should not take d marriage for Granted because he doesn't pay Bride price.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by vincent72: 9:05am On May 18, 2015
Please make sure you paid something, even #1 naira, if not you will blame yourself in time to come
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Ghost01(m): 9:23am On May 18, 2015
Wey the OP sef? How come he's keeping mute on where the bride is from?
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by pweetymama(f): 9:52am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:
my dad did not collect brideprice from any of his inlaws.he will only tell u to take care of his daughter as he would have done,if she is not married.I remember him warning my hubby sternly that I must complete my masters program.
So Bros,they dnt need ur money.just take good care of their daughter. Shikena!!
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Cutehector(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2015
Omotayor123:

My dear, an agreement BTW two or more pple is a contract oooo.

BTW... some couples are d ones who put asunder in dia own marriage.

Our prayer should be dat God give us our life partner.
amen to daht.

If I think marriage is a contract den I will be open to divorce... I just believ in the sanctity of marriage as a union and bond which is endless until death.. I respect d marriage union a lot.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Adaezeagu(f): 9:52am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:
don't ever accept dat oooo. Bride price has implications.Tell Dem u must pay bride price. Ur wife go cheat on u anyhow, nothing go happen to her
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:57am On May 18, 2015
You getting it all wrong,cos in such a case whereby bride price isnt paid simply means anytime or day the husband misbehaves to there daughter the family can easliy take her back since no bride price was paid

baybeeboi:

my Brother, believe me, in situations like that you won't be going home with your wife alone....definitely, her younger sister or brother's school fees will be the pride price you pay. You might train your wive's sister or you renovate her fathers hauz. One is certain.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Mikwus(f): 10:21am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:

It is more than possible.
If the family says no bride price, then they mean no bride price.
All you have to do is buy what's on the list to pacify the elders and relatives.........shikena

I'm talking from experience.............it's a family thing
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 10:23am On May 18, 2015
na only bride price dey the list? what about the remaining things? abi them say make you no bring the rest? things like yam, oil, box full of clothes, owo baba gbo, owo iya gno, owo omo ile................
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by tmanuelle(m): 10:27am On May 18, 2015
baybeeboi:

my Brother, believe me, in situations like that you won't be going home with your wife alone....definitely, her younger sister or brother's school fees will be the pride price you pay. You might train your wive's sister or you renovate her fathers hauz. One is certain.

That's not correct sir.

I am from Ondo State, my two elder sisters got married in a similar pattern, not for any favour from their spouses.

The only difference is that the bride price will be included on the list at first and then will be returned to the groom on presentation during the ceremony..."We are not selling out daughter, take back the money, use it for her upkeep & that of your unborn children as we pray that God Almighty will multiply the money for you, Amen".

My youngest sister was already in 500L as at that time & she is the youngest in the family, my father's house needed no renovation, even though we are not rich...so no favour is expected from anybody.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by baybeeboi: 10:37am On May 18, 2015
BornnAgainChild:
You getting it all wrong,cos in such a case whereby bride price isnt paid simply means anytime or day the husband misbehaves to there daughter the family can easliy take her back since no bride price was paid

okay, maybe I should have put it that ''In some cases''
i have seen cases like that.
Am not objecting but do you know bride price is refund-able?
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by baybeeboi: 10:40am On May 18, 2015
tmanuelle:

That's not correct sir.

I am from Ondo State, my two elder sisters got married in a similar pattern, not for any favour from their spouses.

The only difference is that the bride price will be included on the list at first and then will be returned to the groom on presentation during the ceremony..."We are not selling out daughter, take back the money, use it for her upkeep & that of your unborn children as we pray that God Almighty will multiply the money for you, Amen".

My youngest sister was already in 500L as at that time & she is the youngest in the family, my father's house needed no renovation, even though we are not rich...so no favour is expected from anybody.

i think BornnAgainChild has made me understand it better, sure every culture, tribe or family has it's individual reasons for refusing bride price.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by deavicky(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:
it means there is no fixed price. Price will be determined on the marriage day.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Lumpyy(f): 12:31pm On May 18, 2015
Its been N3 for my mum's family sinz forever and it will b returned to the groom.it was increased to 5k during my wedding and given back to the groom still..... grin
all depends on d tribe and d family u marrying from!
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Peruperu: 2:35pm On May 18, 2015
Stay calm y'all. Just watch out for a new TV series titled: Marriage Without Borders! Starring Uche Anyamele, Jumoke Odetola, Angela Phillips etc... directed by Abiodun Jimoh. The series have answers to a lot of questions many mates in the house wanna ask. Keep a date! Watchout for the Sneak Preview on Jara. AfricaMagic Showcase. Cheers!
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by stpat1(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by stpat1(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2015
angelo1111:

My dear its a Greek gift. My list was 5 pages. The total cost can take care of a standard traditional wedding and yet only #5 was collected as bride price. So tell me, should I consider it a privilege?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum / Her Husband Lied About His Job / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.