Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Marriage Without Bride Price - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Without Bride Price (22244 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Deprime007: 5:30pm On May 21, 2015
Nice won
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
oluvick:
That should be in the South West.
Yorubas do not sell their children.
Proudly Akure!
Yes oo.proudly Akure !
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by limamintruth: 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
BigElEddy:
Wow! Maybe the family can't wait to get rid of her. They might even pay you to marry her grin That one na "abeg carry go we don tire" kinda chick. I'm just kidding grin .....or Not grin ... Happy Married life grin

Hmmm...lol
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by oluvick(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
Oprahlopex:

Yes oo.proudly Akure !

Oprahlopex if you are Akure, what part?
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
oluvick:

Oprahlopex if you are Akure, what part?
Lol...oke Aro
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by oluvick(m): 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
Oprahlopex:

Lol...oke Aro

Wow. That is cool. I am from Iju though I live in Cross River. Oke Aro, I was there '13
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2018
it is right a man should pay bride price on his bride,because that is pride,so what is the need for the marriage?,you can easily co-habitate since its no big deal.Bride price no matter how small is importance because it carries some responsibilities attached to it.Ladies,no man will respect you or value you if he does not pay anything on you.Most men will feel scared even hearing that a bride is free,imagine that,pls Men if ur bride's family refuse to collect bride price,dont be so quick to be excited,try and inquire,even free things are not valued.It is simply a licence for a woman to misbehave,because she has nothing to lose afterall,not criticising any tribe tho,buh thisis my take.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2018
wen i hear pple say,paying bride price is selling their children its nothing but an error,you must have sold her eveggn without collecting money,probably sold her for free to a wife-batterer or even ritualist,so wat are we saying,imagine a family say "come and carry her o,we are not selling our children",you gladly succumb,not knowing wat holds for you in later life,we africans with free things
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
such a woman can wake up one morning,and move to her parents house for flimsy reasons,and those families that smile at u and "come and carry for free",will totally jump to her defence anytym even without listening to any explanation
,and still remind you that they did not collect any kobo from you,am very sure that when this happens it will dawn on you...let no one say bride price is selling a bride because it is a baseless talk
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
no wonder some men find it difficult to even pay pride price of ordinary #5,why?,not because its too small or big,but they understand the penalties attached to the bride price thing,such a man can limit his bad behaviours.Even to do court marriage which will be beneficial to the lady more sef,you pay money,not to talk of tradition,why dont u as a man grumble or as a woman reject doing court,all because you think you are being sold by the Nigerian govt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum / Her Husband Lied About His Job / Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.