Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today (11787 Views)

Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices / APC Asks 19 Ekiti Lawmakers To Return / Lagos Civil Servants Vacate Offices Over Protest Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by lolaxavier(m): 6:28am On May 18, 2015
The National Assembly bureaucracy has asked members of the House of Representatives to pack all their personal belongings out of their offices latest Monday, May 18 (today), with just 17 days to the end of their tenure.

Findings by The PUNCH on Sunday showed that an internal memo from the management conveyed the directive to the 360 outgoing lawmakers.

Senior legislative aides and other non-civil service members of staff in the lawmakers’ offices reportedly received a similar memo.

“They started receiving the memo on Wednesday last week, specifically asking them to move their personal effects out of the offices by May 18 (today).

“Many of them actually started complying almost immediately, particularly members who are not coming back to be part of the 8th Assembly.

“I have seen a couple of lawmakers’ aides moving personal property out of the offices since the memo came in,” a National Assembly source informed The PUNCH in Abuja on Sunday.

More than 233 of the current members will be out of the House by June 5, though the memo was addressed to both returning and non-returning ones.

One official, who did not want to be named, claimed that the directive was “procedural” and meant to prepare the offices for re-allocation in the weeks ahead.

The official explained, “We have to prepare the offices because there is a lot of work ahead to be done.

[i]“We are welcoming a new House. Most of the offices will be re-allocated. The name tags will change. Some ranking members will have to change offices.

“The same thing will apply to the sitting arrangements in the chambers. If we don’t start work now, we will not meet up with the schedule before the inauguration of the 8th Assembly.”

[/i]The official added that, “with or without memo,” it was expected that members would start moving their belongings out of the offices since the tenure was over.

When contacted, the Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Zakari Mohammed, confirmed knowledge of the memo, but he dismissed it as “nothing serious.”

He said, “That one (memo) is nothing serious. I think it has to do with some renovations or repairs that they have to do in some of the offices.

“It is just to say, ‘give some space for the repairs’, a normal thing that happens.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nassembly-management-asks-lawmakers-to-vacate-offices-today/

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by smsshola(m): 6:59am On May 18, 2015
Anything that has a beginning also has an end..time fo everything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by lolaxavier(m): 8:40am On May 18, 2015
smsshola:
Anything that has a beginning also has an end..time fo everything.

Well said...

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by SFSNIPER(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2015
What about 2nd Term lawmakers, why are they packing too?
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by okooloyun1(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2015
We need fresh air let them all pack
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by jeeqaa7(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2015
Heheheh.. From my own house
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by limolalikamaila: 9:16am On May 18, 2015
anything wet get beginning must get end

D tin wey still dey vex me an d huge money dem dey collect

Sitting allowance
Standing allowance
Fucking. Allowance
Sickness allowance
Headache allowance

Even someone told me them dey collect shitting allowance, I wish bihari has d over all power to slash those huge allowance.

Any way am running for house of assembly next 8 year but am gonna be representing sambisa forest

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by thomastbibler: 9:16am On May 18, 2015
The beginning of a new era.

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by omenka(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2015
Change is in the air. I can literally smell and touch it!! smileysmiley
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by tociano009(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2015
Of course, they should go back to there villages

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by Nobody: 9:17am On May 18, 2015
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by niceguy7(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2015
Apase 1
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by omenka(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2015
thomastbibler:
The beginning of a new era.
You can say that again brother. smiley
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by ikombe: 9:17am On May 18, 2015
This is serious
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by Ty207: 9:18am On May 18, 2015
okay
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by Tufunky: 9:18am On May 18, 2015
Did anybody have to write them a memo. Didn't they know they should have started packing immediately after the results were announced and they were not re-elected. Or they were hoping the authorities would forget. Khia khia khia (lafin in bini).
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by kay29000(m): 9:18am On May 18, 2015
Hmm! So no work will go on there for about two weeks or so. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by Nobody: 9:19am On May 18, 2015
Law and order will return to nigeria. If you don't like it, move to San Otuoke.
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by klog(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2015
Wow...

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by BUSHHUNTER: 9:19am On May 18, 2015
Cool

BushHunter
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by baybeeboi: 9:19am On May 18, 2015
i don't see why this should be news.
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by jonadaft: 9:20am On May 18, 2015
Jonathan
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by HAH: 9:21am On May 18, 2015
Soldier go, soldier come, barrack remain.
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by lilprinze: 9:21am On May 18, 2015
bunch of useless and selfish lawmakers .
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by iyatrustee(f): 9:21am On May 18, 2015
They would spend billions to renovate those offices now.
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by loomer: 9:21am On May 18, 2015
As long as them no carry govt property join their own

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by omoadeleye(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2015
h
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by deeite(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2015
Now tell me how e take concern me.
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by Nobody: 9:22am On May 18, 2015
Hmm well I hope the change in sitting arrangements will mean that we would see more serious lawmakers, not empty seats every time the are in session. sad
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by naijainfogalery: 9:23am On May 18, 2015
Power is sweet, the hardest part is leaving, Oya make una park una load
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by Halaz(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2015
is painful to the corrupt leaders... so this mean broom start it sweeping. now the secret of APC broom revealed...
Re: National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today by deletrue: 9:30am On May 18, 2015
limolalikamaila:
anything wet get beginning must get end

D tin wey still dey vex me an d huge money dem dey collect

Sitting allowance
Standing allowance
Fucking. Allowance
Sickness allowance
Headache allowance

Even someone told me them dey collect shitting allowance, I wish bihari has d over all power to slash those huge allowance.

Any way am running for house of assembly next 8 year but am gonna be representing sambisa forest
Which Buhari? Him don fit sit down for like five hours? Abi, the photoshoped pictures dey deceive you? He get better body?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Meet With South-East & South-South NASS Members In Owerri / LIES: NCDC Data Show Presidency ‘lied’ About Abba Kyari’s Death (see Proof) / Our Members Are Under Increasing Attacks Of APC Thugs, PDP Raises Alarm(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.