Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast (6214 Views)

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Jonathan And Buhari Images In 1977: Compare And Contrast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by meforyou1(m): 1:51pm On May 19, 2015
PentiumPro:

This is the stupidest comment since Seun created NL, you will forever take the prize of the most foolish nairalander.
These flattheads are always taking foolishness mixed with ignorance to the next level
u are a cow
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by meforyou1(m): 1:59pm On May 19, 2015
Crieff:

What class are you in?

***Modified ***
There is no geographical location in Lagos State called Lagos. As there is no place in Kano State called Kano. Ditto for Kaduna. These are the names of the state.
I should think you meant to refer to Lagos Island/Eko.
What you typed up there is very wrong.
u are very very funny. kano state is derived from kano city. kaduna state is derived from kaduna city. nassarawa state is derived from nassarawa town. lagos state is derived from lagos city. and i have told you areas that comprise lagos city so no need of repeating that.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by atlwireles: 2:16pm On May 19, 2015
tinkinjow:
When those who "claim relationship" with Lagos talk of development one is always left to wonder what they really mean. To these group development is synonymous with some few ten storey buildings sprinkled here and there around the city.

Of course it is easy to agree Uyo stand alone in Akwa Ibom Whereas Lagos is taken wholly as a state - though no one will tell you about Epe or Badagry in that regard.
To these group I ll always boldly say it to your face. Lagos as far as I'm concern is a byword for filth and chaos. The only possible places there that can escape this description are the Law School - Lekki toll gate stretch and Osborne Ikoyi stretch. In all these you dare not enter the side streets for you'll be stung with the eyesore that's the Lagos signature.
Is it the Ajah/ilaje areas, wilmer/ajegunle, aggege/iyana ipaja. Even places like fectac, marina name them are all decayed. The so called banana island apart from the beautiful structures is what it's called, a banana plantation.

Lagos praisers should well be informed that Akwa Ibom has what Lagos has and even more - that sought after serene environment with greens ( I meean nature) - that signposts a modern city.

When people (except perhaps we that have not seen high rises) travel the world for tourism it is these nature or culture they seek to enjoy not structures except where that is culturally connected.
When you go to Calabar it is the ambience you seek
When you go to the Caribbean it is not for structures or skyscrapers
It always about nature, culture and the ease of life. Akwa Ibom - Uyo have these in abundance to Lagos.

Which is development:
The bumpy Lagos roads or the smooth Akwa Ibom ones
The stressful traffic in Lagos or the free flow in Akwa ibom
The dirty looking public school students or the neat Akwa Ibom students
The congested noisy neighbourhoods of Lagos or calm soothing residences of Akwa ibom
The terribly smelly and equally detestable bukas in Lagos or the healthy and delicious delicacies in Akwa ibom
The stench that emanates from the Lagos Lagoon or the clean streams, rivers and beach of Akwa Ibom.
etc etc etc etc etc
Akwa Ibom might not provide you with the same economic opportunities as Lagos, but please if you have your money and you're asked where to live, please don't hesitate, choose Akwa Ibom and live happily ever after.

There's much more to development than filth and commotion

Facts never lie, good.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 19, 2015
trendyaijay:
I just visited, Akwa ibom recently and I can say that indeed, the government is working. The road network, availability of electricity, neatness of the environment is worthy of a good appraiser to the government of Akwa ibom. You can not see market everywhere, no street hawking. Indeed, Akwa ibom is worth giving the mark. I am a lagos born and bred. But plz the truth needs to be told, Akwa ibom has left lagos behind in terms of development, light, roads, security and much more
Guy, are you for real. I spent 6 months in Akwa Ibom. What the fvck are you talking about? akwa ibom! left Lagos behind? Guy, you're high.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Crieff(m): 2:46pm On May 19, 2015
meforyou1:
u are very very funny. kano state is derived from kano city. kaduna state is derived from kaduna city. nassarawa state is derived from nassarawa town. lagos state is derived from lagos city. and i have told you areas that comprise lagos city so no need of repeating that.

Crieff:

What class are you in?
***Modified ***
There is no geographical location in Lagos State called Lagos. As there is no place in Kano State called Kano. Ditto for Kaduna. These are the names of the state.
I should think you meant to refer to Lagos Island/Eko.
What you typed up there is very wrong.

Naptu2, you are needed here please.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by asala1: 8:44pm On May 19, 2015
tinkinjow:
When those who "claim relationship" with Lagos talk of development one is always left to wonder what they really mean. To these group development is synonymous with some few ten storey buildings sprinkled here and there around the city.

Of course it is easy to agree Uyo stand alone in Akwa Ibom Whereas Lagos is taken wholly as a state - though no one will tell you about Epe or Badagry in that regard.
To these group I ll always boldly say it to your face. Lagos as far as I'm concern is a byword for filth and chaos. The only possible places there that can escape this description are the Law School - Lekki toll gate stretch and Osborne Ikoyi stretch. In all these you dare not enter the side streets for you'll be stung with the eyesore that's the Lagos signature.
Is it the Ajah/ilaje areas, wilmer/ajegunle, aggege/iyana ipaja. Even places like fectac, marina name them are all decayed. The so called banana island apart from the beautiful structures is what it's called, a banana plantation.

Lagos praisers should well be informed that Akwa Ibom has what Lagos has and even more - that sought after serene environment with greens ( I meean nature) - that signposts a modern city.

When people (except perhaps we that have not seen high rises) travel the world for tourism it is these nature or culture they seek to enjoy not structures except where that is culturally connected.
When you go to Calabar it is the ambience you seek
When you go to the Caribbean it is not for structures or skyscrapers
It always about nature, culture and the ease of life. Akwa Ibom - Uyo have these in abundance to Lagos.

Which is development:
The bumpy Lagos roads or the smooth Akwa Ibom ones
The stressful traffic in Lagos or the free flow in Akwa ibom
The dirty looking public school students or the neat Akwa Ibom students
The congested noisy neighbourhoods of Lagos or calm soothing residences of Akwa ibom
The terribly smelly and equally detestable bukas in Lagos or the healthy and delicious delicacies in Akwa ibom
The stench that emanates from the Lagos Lagoon or the clean streams, rivers and beach of Akwa Ibom.
etc etc etc etc etc
Akwa Ibom might not provide you with the same economic opportunities as Lagos, but please if you have your money and you're asked where to live, please don't hesitate, choose Akwa Ibom and live happily ever after.

There's much more to development than filth and commotion

You must be kidding. If by any chance you are truly serious with what you just typed above, then believe me your education is flawed. How can you even compare Uyo and Lagos in any ramification? If you compare Abuja with Lagos then maybe people may see some comparison. The only thing I see in common between Uyo and Lagos is just that people live in Uyo and people also live in Lagos. Aside this nothing else.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Private Jet Worth Double Lionel Messi New $15 Million Dollar Acquisition / Demolition Of Oyinlola Complex At FESTAC By Lagos State Government / Lagos, Expect More Igbo Businesses Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.