Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,462 members, 7,861,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! (1265 Views)

Buhari Appoints Azizi As NIMC DG / N30 Billion Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road To Be Officially Launched Tommorow / See 9 States Buhari's Anti-corruption Battle Is Raging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by tonychristopher: 10:17am On May 18, 2015
Onyemenam, has denied embezzling N30 billion National Identity card fund. But his accusers are not letting off. They have further petitioned the country’s graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and asking that the presidency wades into the matter. They want the NIMC boss suspended.

But Onyemenam, a lawyer, is fighting back. In a media interaction in Abuja, he accused his detractors of mischievously twisting the facts to malign his reputation. The NIMC boss is being accused of misappropriation of funds and the wrongful dismissal of 406 staff.

He has denied this. “Embezzlement of N30 billion again is misunderstanding of the facts that have been interpreted to suit the presenter’s purpose. In September 2011, government approved N30.066 billion for the procurement of cards and the accelerated expansion of the back end. And within budgetary constraints, we are very proud of the support we have received,” an angry Onyemenam told the media.

http://itedgenews.com/wp/2015/05/15/trouble-still-raging-inside-nimc-over-n30-billion/#
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by socialmediaman: 10:25am On May 18, 2015
So much has been done in 16 years already, imagine the amounts we're talking about here. These guys should be ready to refund all these money, comprehensive audit should be carried out before sacking the major players involved, and they should be queried by EFCC to return what they have stolen, we need all our money for development

1 Like

Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by Rawani: 10:30am On May 18, 2015
Not to worry, everyone's pockets shall be turned inside out, I urge the Presidency to probe every allegation, there usually is never smoke without fire.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by CriticalThought: 8:23pm On May 18, 2015
Rawani:
Not to worry, everyone's pockets shall be turned inside out, I urge the Presidency to probe every allegation, there usually is never smoke without fire.

This is all smoke, no fire. Doesn't anyone find it strange that the DG has been there for almost 8 years now, not once was he accused of anything and the minute he decided to sack people found to be fraudulent and hand them over to the police, he is accused of embezzling by the unions. They are a trying to tarnish his legacy and reputation.

As it is commonly known, if you cant attack his work, attack his reputation

They accused him of embezzling 30 billion, if anyone bothered to investigate, they would see that, The FG has not even released that amount of money to NIMC. You can read all of NIMC financials for yourself and verify. It is audited every year, yet all the news media are carrying it like its headline news. Such a shame how people will fall for anything they see on tv.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by Rawani: 8:32pm On May 18, 2015
CriticalThought:

This is all smoke, no fire. Doesn't anyone find it strange that the DG has been there for almost 8 years now, not once was he accused of anything and the minute he decided to sack people found to be fraudulent and hand them over to the police, he is accused of embezzling by the unions. They are a trying to tarnish his legacy and reputation.

As it is commonly known, if you cant attack his work, attack his reputation

They accused him of embezzling 30 billion, if anyone bothered to investigate, they would see that, The FG has not even released that amount of money to NIMC. You can read all of NIMC financials for yourself and verify. It is audited every year, yet all the news media are carrying it like its headline news. Such a shame how people will fall for anything they see on tv.

Kindly provide the financials to justify your defence.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by CriticalThought: 8:38pm On May 18, 2015
Rawani:

Kindly provide the financials to justify your defence.

I cannot do research for you, but I cant point you to where to start to see all the information

http://www.nimc.gov.ng/

http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=resources

The second link has all the financials you want, annual reports, policies etc
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by moha225: 8:41pm On May 18, 2015
Naija I dey hail""chaiii Na 4 naija u go see persin dey park money like sey na ordinary paper"""chaii I dey vex wella angry
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by Rawani: 9:45pm On May 18, 2015
CriticalThought:

I cannot do research for you, but I cant point you to where to start to see all the information

Seen, however a forensic accountant would give a better qualification of the 2011 financials. I studied the more recent ones and all seems fine, you were right about the the FG not allocating up to N30 billion in 2012/2013 (the range was N12 - N13 billion). However the year under review is 2011, and the DG himself acknowledged the receipt of N30.066 billion for for the procurement of cards and the accelerated expansion of the back end. Granted, the accounts were audited, but the services of a forensic accountant will put this case to rest.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by Rawani: 10:01pm On May 18, 2015
CriticalThought:

Furthermore despite the DG's admittance of receipt of N30 billion, that receipt is for some reason not included in the financials. Could you shed some light on this?

tonychristopher:
. In September 2011, government approved N30.066 billion for the procurement of cards and the accelerated expansion of the back end. And within budgetary constraints, we are very proud of the support we have received,” an angry Onyemenam told the media.

http://itedgenews.com/wp/2015/05/15/trouble-still-raging-inside-nimc-over-n30-billion/#

Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by CriticalThought: 10:48pm On May 18, 2015
Rawani:

Furthermore despite the DG's admittance of receipt of N30 billion, that receipt is for some reason not included in the financials. Could you shed some light on this?

Here is where some people might be confused, the DG asked for N30 billion to be used over a certain number of years , In sept 2011, that request was approved by the FG

What most people do not know is that ONLY N17.2 billion out of the N30 billion has been received by NIMC. The remaining money has not been released.

So when people complain NIMC is slow, I have been waiting forever etc. It is not their fault, they can only do so much within the constraints. The mere fact that the total amount was not released should show you that there are forces at work trying to derail the project.

In addition to that, N940 million was spent on redundant workers who were sacked in 2012.

The remaining ones they were trying to sack to get rid off the "old guard" committing fraud is why they are now saying the DG embezzled which is false.

As a side note, I believe the 2014 report will soon be published.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by CriticalThought: 10:52pm On May 18, 2015
Rawani:

Seen, however a forensic accountant would give a better qualification of the 2011 financials. I studied the more recent ones and all seems fine, you were right about the the FG not allocating up to N30 billion in 2012/2013 (the range was N12 - N13 billion). However the year under review is 2011, and the DG himself acknowledged the receipt of N30.066 billion for for the procurement of cards and the accelerated expansion of the back end. Granted, the accounts were audited, but the services of a forensic accountant will put this case to rest.

The FG approved the N30 billion, what NIMC got was N17.2 billion, the remaining money has not been released.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by Rawani: 11:10pm On May 18, 2015
CriticalThought:

Here is where some people might be confused, the DG asked for N30 billion to be used over a certain number of years , In sept 2011, that request was approved by the FG

What most people do not know is that ONLY N17.2 billion out of the N30 billion has been received by NIMC. The remaining money has not been released.

So when people complain NIMC is slow, I have been waiting forever etc. It is not their fault, they can only do so much within the constraints. The mere fact that the total amount was not released should show you that there are forces at work trying to derail the project.

In addition to that, N940 million was spent on redundant workers who were sacked in 2012.

The remaining ones they were trying to sack to get rid off the "old guard" committing fraud is why they are now saying the DG embezzled which is false.

As a side note, I believe the 2014 report will soon be published.

Bruv, where is that N17.2 billion reflected in the financials? The smell of a rat is suffocating. From what I see here, there are serious questions about that N30 Billion that was allocated in 2011.

Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by CriticalThought: 11:34pm On May 18, 2015
Rawani:

Bruv, where is that N17.2 billion reflected in the financials? The smell of a rat is suffocating. From what I see here, there are serious questions about that N30 Billion that was allocated in 2011.

look at all the financials, not just 2011
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by ifyan(m): 11:38pm On May 18, 2015
The fear GMB is the purity of Nigeria polithiefcian.

I try, hmmmm.

You know. .....
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by Rawani: 12:04am On May 19, 2015
CriticalThought:

look at all the financials, not just 2011

I have. There is no trace of the N30 billion anywhere. Onyemenam should be investigated, prosecuted and jailed if found guilty of embezzling the funds as alleged. Thank goodness this is in the news and President Buhari is sure to be aware.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by CriticalThought: 12:23am On May 19, 2015
Rawani:

I have. There is no trace of the N30 billion anywhere. Onyemenam should be investigated, prosecuted and jailed if found guilty of embezzling the funds as alleged. Thank goodness this is in the news and President Buhari is sure to be aware.

N30 billion was not received only what was approved, I know people who work at NIMC and they vouch for this DG. The allegations against him are just that, allegations.

They are free to probe as much as they like, that man is blameless.
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by tonychristopher: 9:47am On May 19, 2015
Rawani:

how then did this happen
Re: Trouble Still Raging Inside NIMC Over N30 Billion THEFT!!! by tonychristopher: 9:49am On May 19, 2015
how

prove

CriticalThought:

N30 billion was not received only what was approved, I know people who work at NIMC and they vouch for this DG. The allegations against him are just that, allegations.

They are free to probe as much as they like, that man is blameless.

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Allegations Of Anti-pdp Activies By FFK - Cramjones / Heartfelt Message By A Facebook Fan To Dr Goodluck Jonathan / El-rufai Breaks With Tradition, Cancels Ramadan ‘welfare’ Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.