Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC (2386 Views)

Important Things To Take Along If You Are Relocating To Usa For The First Time / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by preciousone1(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2015
Good afternoon fellow N'landers! pls I need your advice I finished my NYSC February this year (batch A 2015) I'm finiding difficult to decide where to settle down. according to research I discovered Ibandan has low cost of living but I don't have anyone there. pls I need your opinion Ibadan or which other place do you suggest?
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 18, 2015
Sure!
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by preciousone1(m): 12:33pm On May 18, 2015
Thanks for your response! I don't know if u'v stayed or currently in Ibadan. do u have any idea about accommodation n general advice about d city
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by missKiffy(f): 12:53pm On May 18, 2015
Ibadan is cool, cost of living and accommodation is cheap, bt won't it be challenging since you don't know anyone dere, at least you need a place to stay before getting your own place
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by preciousone1(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2015
thanks misskiffy! ur response is tremendously helpful, u just highlighted d embargo militating my plans. I surely need a place to stay before getting mine. how do I go about it? any n'lander in Ibadan who is willing to help I'm seriously in need of your help, please!
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by wroskian(m): 2:32pm On May 18, 2015
preciousone1:
thanks misskiffy! ur response is tremendously helpful, u just highlighted d embargo militating my plans. I surely need a place to stay before getting mine. how do I go about it? any n'lander in Ibadan who is willing to help I'm seriously in need of your help, please!
My questions: Where are you currently?
Why Ibadan? (i e. Is it only about cost of living? Why do you sound a bit desperate?
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by preciousone1(m): 4:38pm On May 18, 2015
thanks for your precious time spent responding to my post... I'm currently in delta living with my parents which I never bargained for aftermath nysc...apart from d favorable cost of living, proximity to Lagos is also considerable there might be opportunity to submit my CV n attending interview so I can have easy access to lagos . but I think starting in IB is a goof idea I can teach in private sec sch or any oda sector b4 better opportunity surface . facing life n becoming a man of my own is d reason for my desperation!
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by wroskian(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2015
preciousone1:
thanks for your precious time spent responding to my post... I'm currently in delta living with my parents which I never bargained for aftermath nysc...apart from d favorable cost of living, proximity to Lagos is also considerable there might be opportunity to submit my CV n attending interview so I can have easy access to lagos . but I think starting in IB is a goof idea I can teach in private sec sch or any oda sector b4 better opportunity surface . facing life n becoming a man of my own is d reason for my desperation!

Firstly, in this era of e-recruitment and networking, you don't have to be in Lagos, PH or Abuja to submit your applications. Though cost of living in Ibadan is generally lesser compared to Lagos i think it's a bad idea relocating there without knowing someone you could put up with temporarily, or who could help get an apartment prior to your arrival (the latter might not be the best considering your employment status).

My advice:
1. Don't be too desperate to leave your parents' home so as not to take the wrong steps, just have a concrete plan and strategy and all other things will fall in.
2.Research the companies you would like to work for and forward unsolicited applications.
3. Subscribe to jobsites for email on job vacancies, don't also neglect a forum like Nairaland; the job vacancies and career sections are loaded with useful info. In addition, polish your CV, & also your test taking and interview skills.
4. Look around, you could still get a place where your services will be needed even if it's a school like you said.

That's all i have to say for now. Cheers.
Re: Is It A Better Idea Relocating To Ibadan After NYSC by preciousone1(m): 9:39pm On May 18, 2015
thanks! ur points are extremely helpful. God bless u !

(1) (Reply)

Knowing Lagos: Where Is Dis?(photo) / 5 Places To Relax In Ghana / What Is Happening To Nigeria Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.