Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,783 members, 7,844,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status (1273 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This / Five Things You Should Know About Oshiomhole’s New Bride “lara Fortes” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by Francis5: 1:28pm On May 18, 2015
So Adams Oshiomhole, Edo State governor, got himself ''a brand new'' wife. Congratulations to him.
The wedding took place recently.
The next day, the new wife (First Lady of Edo State) went to work, receiving some sports persons and decorating them with awards.

Now the questions are these:

Is she a Nigerian citizen yet?
Does marrying Nigerian - even if a governor - confer her with automatic citizenship?
Does she possess a valid work permit that enabled her work in Nigeria as a first lady of Edo State?
If not, is there any law contravened by her working without a valid permit?
Or can anyone just walk into Nigeria and begin to work?

This is not about APC or PDP. This is about me getting ready to bring in my non-Nigerian wife and setting her up to start working immediately. So I need to know. Danke Shoen.
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by Francis5: 1:29pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by braimeddy: 1:52pm On May 18, 2015
You dey ask questions like person wey no go sch. Make I ask u my own question. Why guys wey go Yankee dey try to marry Yankee babes or even wan try do contract marriage wit Yankee babes?
Francis5:
So Adams Oshiomhole, Edo State governor, got himself ''a brand new'' wife. Congratulations to him.
The next day, the new wife (First Lady of Edo State) went to work, receiving some sports persons and decorating them with awards.

Does marrying Nigerian - even if a governor - confer her with automatic citizenship?
Does she possess a valid work permit that enabled her work in Nigeria as a first lady of Edo State?

This is not about APC or PDP. This is about me getting ready to bring in my non-Nigerian wife and setting her up to start working immediately. So I need to know. Danke Shoen.
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by Mogidi: 1:59pm On May 18, 2015
Francis5:

These questions do need to be answered, great topic.
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by UncleLondon: 2:22pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by nwaanambra1(m): 2:33pm On May 18, 2015
can somebody kindly answer these questions in a very simple term without long legal references. thank you. undecided
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by GhaliNaaba(m): 2:57pm On May 18, 2015
Francis5:

Idle mind dey get time sha.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by Francis5: 3:07pm On May 18, 2015
GhaliNaaba:

Idle mind dey get time sha.

Why do you think so?
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by Francis5: 3:08pm On May 18, 2015
braimeddy:
You dey ask questions like person wey no go sch. Make I ask u my own question. Why guys wey go Yankee dey try to marry Yankee babes or even wan try do contract marriage wit Yankee babes?

Yes, but you cannot work without an official permit in any Yankee land (I live in Yankee as we speak). Does Oshiomhole's wife already have a work permit? If so, case closed. If not, should she be working without a permit?
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by dominique(f): 3:37pm On May 18, 2015
When did we start having such strict immigration and citizenship rules in this country? Besides, there's no such thing as office of the first lady. She should be able to discharge her duties as the first lady without a work permit.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 18, 2015
Iara Oshiomhole is now a Nigerian citizen by marriage.
If she's pregnant for the governor and gives birth anywhere in the world, that kid will be a Nigerian citizen by birth because the Governor and/or his wife is a Nigerian citizen.
It's all according to sections 25, 28 of the 1999 constitution (as amended).

2 Likes

Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by k4kenny(f): 7:54pm On May 18, 2015
dominique:
When did we start having such strict immigration and citizenship rules in this country? Besides, there's no such thing as office of the first lady. She should be able to discharge her duties as the first lady without a work permit.

Tell them abeg. The position of a first lady is not a job, therefore doesn't need a work permit, visa, or whatever. The earlier you people realise this so called 'title' first ladi is nothing but a ceremonial role, the better. I've said in an earlier thread the a person is either elected or appointed into an office, not married into one.

Nigerians be making mountains out of molehills since 1753B.C. :-/

1 Like

Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by braimeddy: 8:08pm On May 18, 2015
Note that she's from cape Verde and it's an ecowas country. That 1 has even covered her work permit
Francis5:

Yes, but you cannot work without an official permit in any Yankee land (I live in Yankee as we speak). Does Oshiomhole's wife already have a work permit? If so, case closed. If not, should she be working without a permit?
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by banki(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2015
What is your business with oshimole wife...is the first lady a job? You people are pathetic...Is she not from ecowas...region

2 Likes

Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by tpiander: 8:17pm On May 18, 2015
Yes, yes, yes, no, yes.
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by osazeeblue01: 8:51pm On May 18, 2015
9ja for us.
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by FastShipping: 8:54pm On May 18, 2015
Francis5:

Can you tell us where or who Oshiomohle wife works at the moment?
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by tpiander: 9:28pm On May 18, 2015
^Can you?
Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by babadee1(m): 9:39pm On May 18, 2015
Being the first lady is not a job, it is a ceremonial position. She doesn't need a work permit for that. She is from Cape Verde which is a member country of ECOWAS so she doesn't even need a residency permit. She can come and go as she pleases using her ECOWAS passport. If she wants a real 9 to 5 job though she will have to get a work permit.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status by tpiander: 9:41pm On May 18, 2015
So na because of ecowas dem place am for cape verde?

(1) (Reply)

Alimonu Kadiri Exposes Okonjo-iweala's Chicanery. / My Thought On Biafra / How To Rig An Election Akwaibom Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.