Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners (44549 Views)

Where Is Iara Oshiomhole? - Punch / Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos) / Iara Oshiomhole With Her Husband At APC Convention In Abuja. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by metroparrot: 2:37pm On May 16, 2017
A total of 335 foreign nationals were on Tuesday in Abuja granted citizenship by the Federal Government after statutory clearance and due diligence by the relevant security agencies.‎

‎The Minister of Interior, retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau,‎ who presented the certificates of citizenship to the foreigners, charged them to be good ambassadors of Nigeria.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that Mrs Lara Oshiomhole, Wife of former Governor of Edo, Adams Oshiomole‎, who is from Cape Verde, is one of the recipients.

Dambazau in his remarks said that 335 applicants were approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) in January, out of the over 500 foreigners that applied.

He explained that 245 of the foreigners approved were granted Citizenship by‎ Naturalisation while 90 were by Registration, mainly foreign women married to Nigerians.

“Let me say that application for the Citizenship of Nigeria which can be by Naturalisation or Registration is provided for in Chapter 3, Sections 26 and 27 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,’’ the minister explained.

The minister said that the approval was part of government’s effort on the “Ease of doing business in Nigeria” and boosting Nigeria’s image in line with international best practice.

He tasked the “new Nigerian citizens” to be of good conduct, respect the rights and customs of their communities and contribute to the development of Nigeria.

Damabazau said the last time such ceremony was conducted was in December, 2013 and pledged to ensure its sustenance on an annual basis for proper scrutiny.

Dr Lamabert Shumbusho, from Rwanda, who responded on behalf of the recipients, thanked the Federal Government and pledged their loyalty and commitment to the development of Nigeria.

NAN reports other recipients include nationals from Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, China and some African countries, most of whom are business moguls who have been operating in Nigeria for years.

The Ministry of Interior and the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) are charged with the responsibility of processing applications for Naturalisation from foreign nationals who have stayed/lived in Nigeria for a minimum of 15 years and those by Registration who are mainly married to Nigerians. (NAN)

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/oshiomholes-wife-334-other-foreigners.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 16, 2017
You are welcome officially!

11 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by temitemi1(m): 2:41pm On May 16, 2017
Oshiomole forign goods is about to be converted to th local goods grin grin

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:44pm On May 16, 2017
Citizens of hell!! Una Wellucome!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by IgbosAreGreat(f): 2:45pm On May 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by IgbosAreGreat(f): 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

are u d one saying this or another person

actually this is the first time of quoting u

and i dont even know y am quoting u

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by IdeyFindWife: 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
Naija Citizenship kwa?

Wetin dem dey take am buy? All I see is a burning train, sinking ship, whatever...

They're welcome to have it for all I care; abeg, somebody find me a Canadian who's willing to swap places make I dash him my passport/birth cert/ Indigene Letter / National ID all-join joor!

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 2:51pm On May 16, 2017
Which day did Iara marry Adams Oshiomhole that she is now being granted Nigerian citizenship? shocked E don reach 3 years? Doesn't the law say you have to be resident in Nigeria for at least 7-14 years before you can be granted Nigerian citizenship? Na wa for dis country, o! See as they are bending the law for her - tomorrow they will say they are fighting corruption. mtcheew! angry

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Partnerbiz(f): 2:58pm On May 16, 2017
What is the procedure to renounce mine.
These peeps just joined hell officially.

Nigerian citizenship tufiakwa..

See below for data so you save money....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:12pm On May 16, 2017
laudate:
Which day did Iara marry Adams Oshiomhole that she is now being granted Nigerian citizenship? shocked E don reach 3 years? Doesn't the law say you have to be resident in Nigeria for at least 7-14 years before you can be granted Nigerian citizenship? Na wa for dis country, o! See as they are bending the law for her - tomorrow they will say they are fighting corruption. mtcheew! angry

Calm down! This is citizenship by registration (Via Marriage) it is authomatic! Just like getting married to an American citizen, You wouldn't have to wait for years before your status changes...

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 3:23pm On May 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Calm down! This is citizenship by registration (Via Marriage) it is authomatic! Just like getting married to an American citizen, You wouldn't have to wait for years before your status changes...

Who told you it is automatic? Do you know how long it took for late Tai Solarin's wife to get her own?? shocked

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Amberon: 3:33pm On May 16, 2017
What makes you feel she didn't live in Nigeria prior to her marriage to Oshio?
laudate:

6 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by laudate: 3:35pm On May 16, 2017
Amberon:
What makes you feel she didn't live in Nigeria prior to her marriage to Oshio?

Do you have proof that she did?? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Mujaheeeden: 3:40pm On May 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Hell that was made by Buhari

It seems they ve closed BMC Utako

Welcome to the Hunger Games

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Sharon6(f): 4:39pm On May 16, 2017
Congratulations!

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by morereb10: 4:39pm On May 16, 2017
eeeeehhh

so people dey apply to become citizens of our kwantry

na wa ooo.

abeg, watin be the procedure to renounce mine

i don tire

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Justuceleague2: 4:40pm On May 16, 2017
Yes we have heard
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Hades2016(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2017
OK make I run go fry akamu

2 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by bedspread: 4:42pm On May 16, 2017
NIGERIA SEF DE GIV CITIZENSHIP

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by HalbondAdmin: 4:43pm On May 16, 2017
It's Alright...

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by jacobkay: 4:44pm On May 16, 2017
Mama O shio... u are highly welcome
Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by DollarAngel(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2017
Welcome to a trophyless Nation

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 16, 2017
I tripped the day I saw this lady... See flawless skin! Can't begin to imagine her choice in marriage... angry

3 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by AHCB: 4:45pm On May 16, 2017
Anybody who say money isn't everything obviously doesn't have enough of it. grin

5 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by lookatew: 4:45pm On May 16, 2017
Oboy eh! See resources eeh!

This oshiomole carry better money enter dis market o.

I fit drop my papa house as collateral 4 just one night wt dis one!

We shall get there... Vaseline crew in the house say amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by AHCB: 4:45pm On May 16, 2017
temitemi1:
Oshiomole forign goods is about to be converted to th local goods grin grin
GEJ till 2019!.

3 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 16, 2017
freeborn76:

Don't be silly! That is why they are successful business men and women while you are a hungry Nairaland freelance volunteer without pay. 'Foreigners' see opportunities, so-called natives see hell. Silly!
True. She's definitely reaping the benefits. Our people can wail for Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by LexngtonSteele: 4:47pm On May 16, 2017
One night with this girl....

ALL NIGHT LONG angry

11 Likes

Re: Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners by magnificientzaz(f): 4:48pm On May 16, 2017
Low self esteem

bedspread:
NIGERIA SEF DE GIV CITIZENSHIP

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders / Donna, Donald Duke's Daughter Graduates From UK University [photos] / Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.