Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? (8590 Views)

"Never Marry A Bleacher" - Nigerian Man Currently Married To One Cries Out / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Divine200: 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ardar:

Why should occasion call for it, so you're proud of your tribe sometimes?
If I am ask which state I came from, should I respond that I am Urhobo?

use your brain abeg

stop mentioning Urhobo in your comments that’s the only reason i am having this conversation with you.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
Divine200:

If I am ask which state I came from, should I respond that I am Urhobo?

use your brain abeg

stop mentioning Urhobo in your comments that’s the only reason i am having this conversation with you.

Asking what state you're from is different from asking where you're from which in Nigeria terms is your tribe.

And you have not right to tell me not to write about urhobo, you guys are rabid Igbo haters.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Jman06(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
I'll never encourage any of my sisters to marry a delta man!

Sorry about that but their infidelity and irresponsibility in marriage is on another level.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Divine200: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ardar:

Asking what state you're from is different from asking where you're from which in Nigeria terms is your tribe.

And you have not right to tell me not to write about urhobo, you guys are rabid Igbo haters.
Nobody gives a f about Igbos

Don’t mention me again
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ardar:

I didn't notice that so far, where are you from?

Anyway, here's something:

https://www.zikoko.com/list/all-urhobo-people-are-tired-of-hearing-these-things/
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by tpiander: 4:10am On Apr 02, 2020
OP update?

All your topics are about Delta Igbos.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by frozen70(f): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
Afrobeau:
Hi everyone, please I need your advice. I am an Igbo girl but my boyfriend is from Delta state (He is Delta Igbo). We've been dating for some months and now he really wants to marry me. He's 25 which my parents think is too early for him to get married and I'm a year younger than him. Speaking of my parents, they are not 100% in support, my Dad is ok with where he's from but my mum, not so much. Their incomplete support also has to do with the fact that my boyfriend is not yet very established so they are skeptical of his true personality. I also heard stories that deltans marry many wives and that sometimes they cheat and do not take it as anything serious. He is good looking and has a couple of girls running after him. He says he loves me and has promised me over and over again that he will never cheat and will do anything to make me happy. I'm seriously confused. I love him but sometimes I have doubts.
Just any information about how marriage in Delta state works could help. Information on their religious beliefs and tradition, the physical environment, and the place of a wife in the extended family, or personal experience/marriage with Deltans will be appreciated. since he is Delta Igbo, will my kids be regarded as Igbo too, (my boyfriend sees himself as Igbo), I have nothing against Deltans but I would love my kids to be seen as Igbos however, I wouldn't reject my boyfriend if he wasn't 100% Igbo.
Thanks in advance.. (pls don't be rude)

Forget about his promise to you that he will not cheat on you

He will cheat with time, so put that aside

If they marry two wives aa they are permitted without guilt, the tendencies are their

My concern is his present kstatus and source of income, if it can sustain both of you on the long run

Their is no need to hurry, tell him you guys still have enough time, then use the window to study him well and while doing so, don't get pregnant carelessly if you do, that's the beginning of the marriage
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Delta Igbos are not known for polygamy, it's just some of them who practice it. Not every tribe has the stamina to bear the wahala of multiple women. I dont know what you mean by "permitted", who is doing the "permitting"?

About cheating, if he has the fear of God, He can help you in that area.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
nlPoster:
Delta Igbos are not known for polygamy, it's just some of them who practice it. Not every tribe has the stamina to bear the wahala of multiple women. I dont know what you mean by "permitted", who is doing the "permitting"?

About cheating, if he has the fear of God, He can help you in that area.
You are from delta state?
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
Who is the mod moving threads to front page just because they contradict what I type and who are the jobless posters whose sole purpose is to contradict me?

Ori gbogbo yin ko pe. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife / When Is The Right Time To Get Married? / Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.