Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? (8599 Views)

"Never Marry A Bleacher" - Nigerian Man Currently Married To One Cries Out / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 3:36am On May 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

delta igbo are pure igbo just like anambra igbo ...they have similar culture. With anambra and many anambra married delta igbo due to cultural similarity ....it depends on which part of igbo u r from ...as of ur children they will be pure igbo ..there are places in delta igbo that are more igbo than some anambra villages places like igbuzor ogwashi etc

But apart from that love isn't enough in marriage ..look at things like psychological and emotional maturity then compatiblity..cos when troubles comes love will for out ..then finance also ..if both of u guys are working then its okay. The age difference isn't an issue ...

Check if u can handle it.....

If u can ...then go ahead ...wish u success

Married a delta igbo lady also and we are cool .....IGBOS
Thank my dear, I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 3:43am On May 20, 2015
bukatyne:

There will be stereotypes everywhere... just learnt that Lagoisans marry a lot of wives on NL. I haven't seen one Anyways (I know We are talking of a small pool). I am more concerned about the substance of the person here.

First your joint finances cannot cater for your home... How much is the aggregate? Where are you based? What are your plans? Kids immediately? Career first?

Second What do you mean by women are chasing him? If he is not giving them hope, they should back off after a while. What are his views with regards cheating? Love? Man - Woman relationship dynamics? How does he relate with other ladies? Who are his friends?

Third: What was the foundation of your relationship? It sounds like it did not start off serious... What changed? Why is he now interested in marrying you? Are you planning to becelibate till marriage?

Fourth: If you want Igbo kids, marry an Igbo man. Besides, Delta Igbos have Igbo names So your kids would have Igbo names.

Now is the time to find out who he is and he said, he said. Forget all those I want to marry you talk and learn more about him.

Goodluck
Thank you very much. you guys saved the best responses for last.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 3:45am On May 20, 2015
freecocoa:
Na wa o.

So you are going to decide based on your findings about his tribe and not him as a person, you are not ready for marriage.
Nope, not true. But I will like to know more about the environment he grew up in. As it will help me understand him better and be able to discern his actions/reactions to certain things/issues.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 3:48am On May 20, 2015
Mishydoo:

What are u saying?!Is there anywhere u wont find igbos in ds country.

Am saying that there are NO INDIGENOUS igbos in Delta State. What u have are tribes lyk Ndokwa,UKwani,Osimili...they have their languages and they DO NOT call it Igbo.
And u cannot compare with lagos whc is a No man's land...every tribe has their differing culture they guard jelously.call an Ndokwa man Igbo and he'll skin u alive!
You can quietly shut up and get off this post if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, ok? Nobody is dragging your Delta with you, gosh! have several seats!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 3:50am On May 20, 2015
babygirlfl:

My dear please for your peace of mind, do not bother explaining this. It's not worth it. I tried explaining that last week and got called all sorts of names. People generally don't like correction.
I don't care about the explanation. My boyfriend is Igbo (and he claims it) and he is proud of it, speaks it better than some Igbos and that's all that matters to me. Would have loved him the same even if he doesn't claim Igbo anyways. So any contribution to the topic at hand or no?
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Mishydoo(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2015
Afrobeau:
You can quietly shut up and get off this post if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, ok? Nobody is dragging your Delta with you, gosh! have several seats!!

"Quietly Shut-Up"...lol *Pardon me

Your boyfrnd,He knws u are big on Tribalism,and u'll pick a typical Igbo guy over him dats obviously y he's claiming to be igbo.
I strongly suggest u pay a visit to his home town,u'll b shocked wat u'll discover.
However,d Anioma's are the most peaceful people in Delta State.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by tpiadotcom: 4:06pm On May 20, 2015
Afrobeau:
Nope, not true. But I will like to know more about the environment he grew up in.

And we are supposed to know that how?

As it will help me understand him better and be able to discern his actions/reactions to certain things/issues cry.

Is he an object to study?

Someone already told you , but you cussed the person out, what else should anyone say?
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by tiredface: 4:38pm On May 20, 2015
MARRIAGE IS DIFFERENT FROM DATING, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT OR YOU FIND OUT THE HARD WAY. JUST ENJOY THE SEXX

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by tpiadotcom: 4:41pm On May 20, 2015
Oh well, that's all I guess.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by stunningjudy(f): 6:11pm On May 20, 2015
Afrobeau, 1 thing u have to understand is anybody can type anything here n trust me it could affect u if u don't know what u want. Biko, try n understand what u want and decide. Certain decisions can't be made via random opinion.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 1:11am On May 22, 2015
stunningjudy:
Afrobeau, 1 thing u have to understand is anybody can type anything here n trust me it could affect u if u don't know what u want. Biko, try n understand what u want and decide. Certain decisions can't be made via random opinion.
Thank you
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 1:12am On May 22, 2015
tiredface:
MARRIAGE IS DIFFERENT FROM DATING, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT OR YOU FIND OUT THE HARD WAY. JUST ENJOY THE SEXX
Sorry to disappoint you, we are NOT having any sex unless we are married, ok.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 1:13am On May 22, 2015
tpiadotcom:

And we are supposed to know that how?

Is he an object to study?

Someone already told you , but you cussed the person out, what else should anyone say?
Thanks
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 22, 2015
Afrobeau:
Hi everyone, please I need your advice. I am an Igbo girl but my boyfriend is from Delta state (He is Delta Igbo). We've been dating for some months and now he really wants to marry me. He's 25 which my parents think is too early for him to get married and I'm a year younger than him. Speaking of my parents, they are not 100% in support, my Dad is ok with where he's from but my mum, not so much. Their incomplete support also has to do with the fact that my boyfriend is not yet very established so they are skeptical of his true personality. I also heard stories that deltans marry many wives and that sometimes they cheat and do not take it as anything serious. He is good looking and has a couple of girls running after him. He says he loves me and has promised me over and over again that he will never cheat and will do anything to make me happy. I'm seriously confused. I love him but sometimes I have doubts.
Just any information about how marriage in Delta state works could help. Information on their religious beliefs and tradition, the physical environment, and the place of a wife in the extended family, or personal experience/marriage with Deltans will be appreciated. since he is Delta Igbo, will my kids be regarded as Igbo too, (my boyfriend sees himself as Igbo), I have nothing against Deltans but I would love my kids to be seen as Igbos however, I wouldn't reject my boyfriend if he wasn't 100% Igbo.
Thanks in advance.. (pls don't be rude)

The man tells you he is Igbo and you are still asking questions?
I don't see any issue here besides the fact that he doesn't seem financially ready for marriage which is not surprising
25 sounds young IMHO

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 8:45pm On May 25, 2015
babyosisi:

The man tells you he is Igbo and you are still asking questions?
I don't see any issue here besides the fact that he doesn't seem financially ready for marriage which is not surprising
25 sounds young IMHO
Thank you very much.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 1:40am On May 26, 2015
Afrobeau:
Hi everyone, please I need your advice. I am an Igbo girl but my boyfriend is from Delta state (He is Delta Igbo). We've been dating for some months and now he really wants to marry me. He's 25 which my parents think is too early for him to get married and I'm a year younger than him. Speaking of my parents, they are not 100% in support, my Dad is ok with where he's from but my mum, not so much. Their incomplete support also has to do with the fact that my boyfriend is not yet very established so they are skeptical of his true personality. I also heard stories that deltans marry many wives and that sometimes they cheat and do not take it as anything serious. He is good looking and has a couple of girls running after him. He says he loves me and has promised me over and over again that he will never cheat and will do anything to make me happy. I'm seriously confused. I love him but sometimes I have doubts.
Just any information about how marriage in Delta state works could help. Information on their religious beliefs and tradition, the physical environment, and the place of a wife in the extended family, or personal experience/marriage with Deltans will be appreciated. since he is Delta Igbo, will my kids be regarded as Igbo too, (my boyfriend sees himself as Igbo), I have nothing against Deltans but I would love my kids to be seen as Igbos however, I wouldn't reject my boyfriend if he wasn't 100% Igbo.
Thanks in advance.. (pls don't be rude)

Love knows no tribe .....OP, you need to take out time to think about what you want in life .When the purpose of a thing is known abuse is evitable.

Lastly, your folks are tribalistic
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Afrobeau: 2:29am On May 26, 2015
Alexpissu:

Love knows no tribe .....OP, you need to take out time to think about what you want in life .When the purpose of a thing is known abuse is evitable.

Lastly, your folks are tribalistic

You didn't read my post correctly, I said my parents have no problems with where he's from. I am the one bringing up the Igbo issue.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by chukkz: 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mishydoo:

Your boyfrnd,He knws u are big on Tribalism,and u'll pick a typical Igbo guy over him dats obviously y he's claiming to be igbo.
I strongly suggest u pay a visit to his home town,u'll b shocked wat u'll discover.

EFULEFU!
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
Op this Delta Igbo of a thing brings confusion. If he is Igbo he is igbo regardless of his state of origin.

Remember that this "I am a Deltan" of a thing is just of recent.

There are communities in Anambra that share a lot with communities in Imo than those in Anambra, same with Delta and Anambra.

So pls don't let it bother you.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mishydoo:

To tell u say u no get sense dey hungry me but am a christian,and I dnt curse.However,Never in ur lyf again say Delta is Igbo.We are Deltans: Uhrobo,Isoko,Ijaw,Anioma.

@Op...when u marry a Deltan,ur kids become Deltans.if u want IGbo kids,marry an Igbo man.

We are welcoming people.u'll love the extended family bonds,vry strong.

Hardworking people with a nice and very peaceful environment. But,u are ryt that we love women,still it depends on individuals.

This pained fellow must be urhobo, na only urhobo people dey carry this "I am a Deltan" slogan or "Niger Deltan" for head. They are never proud of their tribe.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Divine200: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2020
Ardar:

This pained fellow must be urhobo, na only urhobo people dey carry this "I am a Deltan" slogan or "Niger Deltan" for head. They are never proud of their tribe.
You better remove Urhobo from your useless mouth

1 Like

Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
Divine200:

You better remove Urhobo from your useless mouth

The same way common sense was removed from your head.

Mr "I am Deltan" be proud of your tribe, stop attaching others simply because they share the same state with you.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2020
@Ardar

I guess you or someone you know might have had a bad experience with an Urhobo person? Hence you don't like them.

Looking at Imolite, Anambrarian, Abian, to mention a few, is it really fair to catch feelings at the term Deltan ?
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
nlPoster:
@Ardar

I guess you or someone you know might have had a bad experience with an Urhobo person? Hence you don't like them.

Looking at Imolite, Anambrarian, Abian, to mention a few, is it really fair to catch feelings at the term Deltan ?

Which one is Imolite Anambrarian etc, you for add enugurian na. It's very rare to ask someone who is from Anambra where he or she is from and the person will reply with "I am an Anambrarian" (pronouncing the word sef is weird) instead the person will say "I am Igbo" Then you now ask what state.

Urhobo people should be proud of their tribe and stop claiming that there are no igbos in Delta.

FYI there's nothing like Delta igbo, you're either Igbo or not.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ardar:

Which one is Imolite Anambrarian etc, you for add enugurian na. It's very rare to ask someone who is from Anambra where he or she is from and the person will reply with "I am an Anambrarian" (pronouncing the word sef is weird) instead the person will say "I am Igbo" Then you now ask what state.

Usually most Igbos dont need to point out the fact they're Igbo, people already know but might ask just to be sure.

Identifying yourself by state or tribe or both should not be a big deal, it's not always uncomplicated and neither is everyone always the same. The context also matters.

Ebonyian, Imolite, Anambrarian, Abian are used by indigenes of these states, nobody seems to have a problem with it. I'm not sure what Enugu is called.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
Imolites on Nairaland let's meet

https://www.nairaland.com/2463070/imolites-nairaland-lets-meet-here

Whizzcute:
Ndewonu Umunne m!!!

I searched and couldn't find any thread where we all Imolites come to interact and meet each other unlike other states, So i decided to create this thread.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
Abians and Imolites

Dizkova:

This thread is open to all who reside in either Imo or Abia state

Ebonyians

https://www.nairaland.com/3303912/ebonyi-state-nairalander-should-meet
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by nlPoster: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nigerians and Anambrarians

https://www.nairaland.com/3128366/patriotic-nigerians-including-anambrarianshop

nadisms:
This is for Anambrarians and other. . Nigerians irrespective of Political Affiliations; If you desire to get undiluted and unbiased information of happenings in Anambra State such as Political
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Divine200: 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ardar:

The same way common sense was removed from your head.

Mr "I am Deltan" be proud of your tribe, stop attaching others simply because they share the same state with you.
I am proud of Urhobo. I have never used the word deltan in this forum except if the occasion calls for it.

But as for you silly, remove from your stupid comment. slowpoke
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Chommieblaq(f): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
Mishydoo:

You guys are always having arguments about Deltan Igbo being Igbo or not, I think it depends on the individual.

I have extended families from Oko in Oshimili, just close to river Niger, they identify as Igbo, same with my friends from Ibusa, and I also have friends from Ika that don’t even identify with Anioma, they just claim to be Ika.
It all depends on individual but based on experience, people from Oshimili identify more with Igbos.

@op both of you don’t have stable income to raise a family, which I think is the major problem, other issues are just stereotypes.
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 19, 2020
Divine200:

I am proud of Urhobo. I have never used the word deltan in this forum except if the occasion calls for it.

But as for you silly, remove from your stupid comment. slowpoke

Why should occasion call for it, so you're proud of your tribe sometimes?
Re: Igbo Girl Marry A Guy From Delta State? by djoe21(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2020
@Afrobeau, the only thing I want to tell you is not to rush into anything especially marriage until you are more certain.

Also, how regretful will you be if you breakup from a good man because of certain presumptions? So relax, do your due diligence, pray and let time reveal more, then you can decide. At 25 and 24, both of you are quite young.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time To Get Married? / Financial Intimacy In Marriage - SureHome September Edition / Re : Man Is Not The Head Of The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.