Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife (8589 Views)

When Your Presence Is Ruining The Show / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage / Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by futureman: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen. I found out that my wife use bb for irrelevant and time-wasting chats, spends more time chatting with friends and colleagues, makes cyber relationship more important than real life, and is getting exposed to indecent broadcasts and indecent friends. I just hate seeing her sitting alone in her world smiling using the bb. I want her to discontinue using it without her perceiving me as Mr Dominant.

Though i'm not really suspecting infidelity, but like I said, seeing her sitting alone in her world smiling using the bb makes me boil.

I need your advice fellas.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by hunkyjohn(m): 8:04am On Jun 04, 2011
You are jealous.  It's normal. I also smile to myself when I use the BB but I get pissed off when I see others doing it!

Anyway, I don't think "banning" her will solve it. If she cannot control herself, maybe you should tell her how u feel about it and ask her to make an effort to control it. Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by 49cents(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2011
The truth is that blackberry is quite engaging especially for the insufficiently engaged mind. Personally i hate what blackberry can do to real life social relationships. Talking may not solve the problem. I propose you take her out more often to exotic places, do more things together, when people become go virtual its likely the real is deficient. Goodluck
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Brisingr(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2011
smash dat fone
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Blazay(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2011
Why dunnyoo tell her to come to NL or head to NVS. wink
She go do more than chat on bb.
She will be using her real 'bb' for sure.

Not to worry. . . my husband used to be like you till he discoverd "FB".

While I am smiling on NL/NVS and all the chat rooms in this world. . .he is busy drooling on FB. . . with all those half-Nayked girls. cheesy

Please, stop giving yourself unnecessary headache jor. Marriage is an investment for old age only. Your wife does not have to be your best friend till after 30 years of marriage. This is your time to 'move around'! kiss

!Get Yours! kiss

1 Like

Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Mynd44: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2011
Get yourself hooked to one chatting site and ignore her.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Mcleo007(m): 10:05am On Jun 04, 2011
Dude, just tell her u dnt dig that shyt and mind ya biz afterwards.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by hunkyjohn(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2011
I must confess that I'm addicted to BB but 80% of my BB use is for browsing and NL consumes a whooping 70% of my browsing time. @OP if you have a BB, iphone or any smartphone you can as well join the train.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by feminineA: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2011
When a man realises dat something else is taken over the attention his wife gives him itz normal to b jelous and also normal to resist d cause of distraction. Women luv gist and gossip and datz what BB propagate. WHAT TO DO: Take advantage of d situation. Buy yourself a BB and starts sending luv im to her. Chat wit her on every and anything. However make her realise with wisdom that you stil luv to have her attention to yourself even if itz just few hours.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by DrummaBoy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2011
My wife also cant stand my ''BB"
I think feminine A has given the solutn.
Let her giv U own time.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2011
I honestly don't know what people see in that BB messaging abi na PIN(please no laff me grin ). Whatever it is called I see it as time wasting, joblessness, and very silly. My opinion
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by hunkyjohn(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2011
feminine A:

When a man realises dat something else is taken over the attention his wife gives him itz normal to b jelous and also normal to resist d cause of distraction. Women luv gist and gossip and datz what BB propagate. WHAT TO DO: Take advantage of d situation. Buy yourself a BB and starts sending luv im to her. Chat wit her on every and anything. However make her realise with wisdom that you stil luv to have her attention to yourself even if itz just few hours.

Exactly. cheesy

Become her cyber lover also.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by sweeti14(f): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2011
Mynd_44:

Get yourself hooked to one chatting site and ignore her.
2 wrongs don't make a right smiley
feminine A:

Makes sense
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Outstrip(f): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2011
LOL. Get your own blackberry and text her till she gets a different phone. Are you upset because she seems to be happy without you or because of the time spent on the phone.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by rubi(f): 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2011
Maybe u r not giving her much attention so she uses that to make herself happy. If it hurts u more develop a tough skin and pretend u did not notice what she is doing also engage urself in more productive work u will think less about what she is doing
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by toyemz(f): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2011
@poster

49cent's quote:
The truth is that blackberry is quite engaging especially for the insufficiently engaged mind. Personally i hate what blackberry can do to real life social relationships. Talking may not solve the problem. I propose you take her out more often to exotic places, do more things together, when people become go virtual its likely the real is deficient. Goodluck

This has got to be the best advice ever
pls heed to it
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Seun(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2011
Get your own blackberry and you and your wife can ping each other all day. That is all.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Gsmxpert(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2011
give me the imei and pin let me blacklist the phone, at least she will loose those friends grin
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Mynd44: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2011
sweeti14:

2 wrongs don't make a right

and that is the principle here. His wife is probably enjoying seeing him jealous but women hate it when they even smell another female's claw on their property. Just get yourself hooked and it does not matter if you are reading CNN just make sure you are smiling and she will want to know what you are smilling about
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by shithapuns: 7:41am On Jun 05, 2011
i hate bb's too.
crazy shit, some females use it 2 boost their low selrf esteeem, by asking 4 pin instead of phone nos.
dont hv 1 and wud neva buy, rather go 4 a smartphone or android.

i chat with peeps on fb and yahoo on mobile and on my smartfone, wat else do i din bb chat for again?,
it s for lazy single peeps,
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by lwise(m): 7:55am On Jun 05, 2011
d solution is simple,just get ur own bb,send ur pin to many people get busy on ur bb most expecially when shes done with her charting.smile most time when charting.say words like'see dis clean and sexy azz','omg dis is disgusting how can a beautiful chick expose her, ',when shes coming to u to c what ure doing pretend as if u quickly close d chart.B4 u do dis 3 to 4 time she will open up a discussion about it then you will will tell her ur mind n dat will b d end of such nonsence.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Leysco(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2011
4get abt her and move on wit ur life
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2011
lwise:

d solution is simple,just get your own bb,send your pin to many people get busy on your bb most expecially when shes done with her charting.smile most time when charting.say words like'see dis clean and sexy azz','omg dis is disgusting how can a beautiful chick expose her, ',when shes coming to u to c what ure doing pretend as if u quickly close d chart.B4 u do dis 3 to 4 time she will open up a discussion about it then you will will tell her your mind n dat will b d end of such nonsence.
women r nt always like dat oh, they xpress their anger in a wild manner,b4 u say jack she go gather family meetin for u oh.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by osajojo(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2011
In those days my girlfriend did the same thing with 2go but i had to join her and when i chat with her she hardly have time talking with other friends to the extent that we are so open to each other while chatting and we dont even boda with the calls again. now she says 2go is boring without u and i just think back and see my move was intelligent.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Decryptor(m): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2011
My girl is just narrating her problem to me and i'm replying this post with my BB. She is angry. What a bad timing undecided
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by segunjowo(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2011
Get ur own BB. Do ur own thin, She'd be jealous and beg u to stop.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by geosegun(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2011
lwise:

d solution is simple,just get your own bb,send your pin to many people get busy on your bb most expecially when shes done with her charting.smile most time when charting.say words like'see dis clean and sexy azz','omg dis is disgusting how can a beautiful chick expose her, ',when shes coming to u to c what ure doing pretend as if u quickly close d chart.B4 u do dis 3 to 4 time she will open up a discussion about it then you will will tell her your mind n dat will b d end of such nonsence.

The best way to attack!!!.

She will hate her BB immediately, unless she doesn't love you.
she will not call family meeting first. u no know women o oo.
She knows she is the cause. she will be the one to bring solution immediately.
wen does she know she will get anoda responsible man like u.
women to man na ratio 2:1  or more now.
THE BEST FORM OF DEFENCE IS TO ATTACK. GET YOUR OWN BB TOO. SHE WILL THROWS HERS TO ONE SIDE I ASSURE U.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by Seun(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2011
That's stupid. Just get a BB and join the fun. If she loves the BB why rob her of the enjoyment?
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by cameronese(m): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2011
Well, I've seen marriages wrecked by online chat system relationship.

There is this happily married couple living fine until the wife started using
online chat systems to make new friends. At the beginning, everything
seems normal and ok until she meet one guy.

Chatting became intensed  and eventualy, the lady travel from US to
Germany and "Did it with the guy". From then, she got stucked with the
guy and the marriage failed apart afterwards.

That's a marriage that was peaceful and happy until bb chat came in.

As a man, you have a God's given responsibility to protect your family
from perceived danger, if you ignore that responsibility you'll have God to answer.

I'm not advicing you to grab the bb and smash it, but take appropriate step
to minimize her use of it.

From your complain, it's obvious she is degenerating into a state of addiction with bb which is bad in itself.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by otokx(m): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2011
This is what we term "addiction" and it can be BBM, nairaland, facebook or anything. As a single person it may not be very obvious or worrisome but then it tends to isolationism. This is his wife not girl friend so something drastic has to be done.

Personally when I found out was becoming addicted to online activity I stopped all my mobile internet subscription and then restricted my online activity to at the office only. The bad thing about phones is they are handy, you can have even 2 phone batteries so being online is continuous. Laptops on the other hand, once the battery dies you can just take a break.
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by ijebuboy18(m): 11:20am On Jun 05, 2011
grin! What u waiting 4? Smash d darn phone!!!

Gotta go some1 just pinged me!!! LOL!!!!!
Re: Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife by malaria(f): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2011
Wọt bb has done c r/ships and marriages one day we'll hear a divorce case cos of bb.i wonda whn nigerians will grow up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black December For My Family!!!my Heart Is Broken Chai!!!God Why Me / Financial Intimacy In Marriage - SureHome September Edition / Re : Man Is Not The Head Of The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.