Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network - Webmasters (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network (27597 Views)

14 - 20 Year Old Bloggers, Come And Show Us Your Blogs / New Bloggers Enter Here To See How To upload pictures to Blog With Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by pinky92(f): 4:42pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

You should work on your rankings though

Miss Techy plis check out my blog and review

Pinkygist..com
I started this month
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:14pm On May 26, 2015
pinky92:

Miss Techy plis check out my blog and review

Pinkygist..com
I started this month

Hey Pinky smiley...here are the things I noticed:

1. No consistent image size.... see the screenshot below:
2. I like the fact that you have new contents I haven't seen on other gossip blogs.
3. I noticed you have overlapping images - screenshot 2, can you fix that.
4. Kudos to it being mobile friendly.
5. Inconsistent font - screenshot 3
6. I see you are making use of your G+ ...nice

I think that is about it I noticed, but you know that you are a gossip/lifestyle blog and the competition is really high for that niche in Nigeria, so you need to ensure you utilize all platforms - social media, email marketing if possible just to ensure you have a high top of mind awareness for your blog's name.

I don't know if I made sense

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:24pm On May 26, 2015
RobinHez:
feel this post on a mobile device and tell me what u think smiley
http://edscienceblog..com/2015/05/self-healing-concrete.html

use opera mobile, ucbrowserhd, chrome....dont use opera mini o!!!
nd leave a comment too...very important!

I just checked on Google chrome and I must say - I loved how your header played out - nice - the only I think you should separate the menu from your header and sub header as seen in the image.

I also noticed that I couldn't place a comment - didn't see the comment bar.

How far na?

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by pinky92(f): 5:28pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

Hey Pinky smiley...here are the things I noticed:

1. No consistent image size.... see the screenshot below:
2. I like the fact that you have new contents I haven't seen on other gossip blogs.
3. I noticed you have overlapping images - screenshot 2, can you fix that.
4. Kudos to it being mobile friendly.
5. Inconsistent font - screenshot 3
6. I see you are making use of your G+ ...nice

I think that is about it I noticed, but you know that you are a gossip/lifestyle blog and the competition is really high for that niche in Nigeria, so you need to ensure you utilize all platforms - social media, email marketing if possible just to ensure you have a high top of mind awareness for your blog's name.

I don't know if I made sense
yes u did..
tnx dear
could u plis help me build it up
tnx
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:35pm On May 26, 2015
pinky92:

yes u did..
tnx dear
could u plis help me build it up
tnx

Build what ?

If it is the images - you can do it yourself and become a pro at it self
It is a very simple trick.
Go to blogger Dashboard:
Go to Template/ Edit Html:
Now Search for ]]></b:skin> tag
Now past the below given code just above the ]]></b:skin> tag

.post-body img {
width: 500px!important;
height: auto!important; }

If you can't code, just make sure you get the right dimension of images for your blog - I checked it is within the 583 x 386 img dimension, so just work with that.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

I just checked on Google chrome and I must say - I loved how your header played out - nice - the only I think you should separate the menu from your header and sub header as seen in the image.

I also noticed that I couldn't place a comment - didn't see the comment bar.

How far na
ópe o! someone finally visits a science blog!
thanks for the observations...i'd work on it this evening and mention u when i'm done ok miss?
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 5:44pm On May 26, 2015
RobinHez:
ópe o! someone finally visits a science blog!
thanks for the observations...i'd work on it this evening and mention u when i'm done ok miss?

lol I actually visited before today - left a comment on the earphones post
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by pinky92(f): 6:00pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

Build what ?

Go to blogger Dashboard:

.post-body img {

If you can't code, just make sure you get the right dimension of images for your blog - I checked it is within the 583 x 386 img dimension, so just work with that.
thanks

1 Like

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Mayfrank(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

Build what ?

Go to blogger Dashboard:

.post-body img {

Finally I've found my missin rib... a female tech blogger who codes (MissTechy)
check mine www.intelmag..com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 26, 2015
ijinlove20:
www.ijpublishing..com

An educational blog. Help & advice needed.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by troy001: 8:06pm On May 26, 2015
i need a programmer to help me change my url from http://www.naijaacnedestroyer.co/blog to www.naijaacnedestroyer.co
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by DanWrites(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy, please check www.dnbstories.com and let me have your opinion. Thanks.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Mayfrank(m): 9:04pm On May 26, 2015
troy001:
i need a programmer to help me change my url from http://www.naijaacnedestroyer.co/blog to www.naijaacnedestroyer.co
simple ftp glitch... I can help u
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by MissTechy(f): 9:34pm On May 26, 2015
DanWrites:
MissTechy, please check www.dnbstories.com and let me have your opinion. Thanks.

wow I must say that I was really really impressed to the extent that I tried to find loopholes but it was almost difficult .. Your SEO is also on point - the only thing now is to work on traffic as your alexa's ranking is zero for nigeria and 2m for the world (you can get higher than this with your type of content if you know how to strategize).

I would have loved the images to be bigger but that is my opinion - it really doesn't take anything away from the blog with its thumbnail images.

All in all- a great site - --- in @kizeeto's imagined voice -Keep kicking ass
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by DanWrites(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

wow I must say that I was really really impressed to the extent that I tried to find loopholes but it was almost difficult .. Your SEO is also on point - the only thing now is to work on traffic as your alexa's ranking is zero for nigeria and 2m for the world (you can get higher than this with your type of content if you know how to strategize).

I would have loved the images to be bigger but that is my opinion - it really doesn't take anything away from the blog with its thumbnail images.

Thank you so much, MissTechy.
Can you suggest ways I can improve the ranking, if it won't take much of your time.
Thanks.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2015
okay misstechy...check this out http://edscienceblog..com/2015/05/google-honours-sally-ride.html
i fixed the comment form too but that concrete post is still not enabled!
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Pelwal44: 10:52pm On May 26, 2015
Help me Check out pelwal33..com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 11:39pm On May 26, 2015
MissTechy:

lol I actually visited before today - left a comment on the earphones post
didnt see it cry
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 6:06am On May 27, 2015
Mayfrank:

Finally I've found my missin rib... a female tech blogger who codes (MissTechy)
check mine www.intelmag..com

OK.

1. I cannot fathom why you chose to use a trademarked name in your blog's URL. Trust me, you're playing with fire. Although Rockdizmusic wasn't put down for TM infringement, but just hop on to their site and see what the US govt did to them >>> Check RDM's site

2. Why are most of your content scrapped? (Ref. the image attached) less than 1% unique! angry

Bros. You need to start taking this shii serious.

Na real life be this o. cheesy

Keep Kicking Ass tho.

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 6:14am On May 27, 2015
@mayfrank COmpare your with that of Misstechy.

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Mayfrank(m): 6:18am On May 27, 2015
Kizeeto:

OK.

1. I cannot fathom why you chose to use a trademarked name in your blog's URL. Trust me, you're playing with fire. Although Rockdizmusic wasn't put down for TM infringement, but just hop on to their site and see what the US govt did to them >>> Check RDM's site

2. Why are most of your content scrapped? (Ref. the image attached) less than 1% unique! angry

Bros. You need to start taking this shii serious.

Na real life be this o. cheesy

Keep Kicking Ass tho.
do breakdown ur no 2 point. thanks
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 6:21am On May 27, 2015
Mayfrank:

do breakdown ur no 2 point. thanks

Refer to the attached image. Most of your contents were copied! shocked (crtl+c, crtl+v)
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 6:29am On May 27, 2015
MissTechy:

Worry not. You'll soon hear it. tongue

Keep Kicking Ass
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 6:45am On May 27, 2015
ijinlove20:
www.ijpublishing..com

An educational blog. Help & advice needed.

IJ, to be honest, your blog's design needs a total makeover! wink

You need to start employing the <---more!---> tag.

Also, Try increasing the width of the post containers.

You've got work to do hun.

I love the concept of the blog tho.

Keep Kicking Ass

Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by RobinHez(m): 7:05am On May 27, 2015
Kizeeto:

Refer to the attached image. Most of your contents were copied! shocked (crtl+c, crtl+v)

hehehe...saw the mit students post there lipsrsealed

how did u do that 'duplicate and unique' stuff?
and pls review this....http://edscienceblog..com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Mayfrank(m): 7:36am On May 27, 2015
Kizeeto:

Just a few are copied, others are original. Its a test run to see which of them generates more traffic. And my originals are winning.
I have to make my research to know whats trending.

That aside, I never knew the blog name was trademarked. Will resolve that soonest

Any other loopholes as per template option?
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by pinkpebbles(f): 8:00am On May 27, 2015
Cc miss techy, pls help review mine too.
I see you are very good at what you do.
Keep it up
www.parrothouz.com
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Godswillboy(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2015
someone should pls review my blog www.obiankeug..com and tell me the way forward.
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 27, 2015
Kizeeto:

IJ, to be honest, your blog's design needs a total makeover! wink

You need to start employing the <---more!---> tag.

Also, Try increasing the width of the post containers.

You've got work to do hun.

I love the concept of the blog tho.

Keep Kicking Ass

Could u put me thru on that please, especially the "more tag" aspect. Thanks!
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 27, 2015
ijinlove20:

Could u put me thru on that please, especially the "more tag" aspect. Thanks!

Busy ATM, but will get back to you ASAP
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 27, 2015
Kizeeto:

Busy ATM, but will get back to you ASAP

ok. Waiting...
Re: New And Old Bloggers, Enter Here Let's Network by kindas: 12:37am On May 28, 2015
Help me check pelwal33..com

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Help Us Build the Best Nigerian Website Directory / Onlyfans Reverses Ban On Sexually Explicit Content / Eyowo: The Payment Gateway You've Been Waiting For!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.