Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,998 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? (25566 Views)

7 Least Stressful Jobs That Pay A Lot Of Money / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by nicerichard05: 9:07am On May 20, 2015
My fellow NLanders I just wanna know if it good to leave huge amount of money in your salary account. I work in an oil and gas company and since I started working 11 months ago I haven't touched my salary, was just Thinking if this companies have a way of checking their staff account balance, if they do that means they would begin to suspect where I get the money I spend since my salary is untouched.
Thank for your response.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by blackmartial(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2015
I don't think your company can view your account; banks will not divulge such info to third parties,unless in cases of fraud which must have legal warrant.

23 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by nicerichard05: 9:26am On May 20, 2015
blackmartial:
I don't think your company can view your account; banks will not divulge such info to third parties,unless in cases of fraud which must have legal warrant.

Buh it's a salary account which the company opened for me with their banker.
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by blackmartial(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2015
yes they opened the account for you,but the only operation they can carry out on that account is lodgement of funds in this case your salary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 20, 2015
nicerichard05:

Buh it's a salary account which the company opened for me with their banker.

Just quit your job

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Seunvense(m): 10:17am On May 20, 2015
There is no way ur company will know what your account status is cos it's meant 2 be private
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by soleexx(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2015
My broda if u love your self...withdraw ur money to other bank...leaving huge amount on ur salary account will be a huge mistake...I'm talking from experience...your company and the bank have access to your account..they both can monitor it...withdraw it now or recieve quarry letter soon

42 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by nicerichard05: 3:30pm On May 20, 2015
soleexx:
My broda if u love your self...withdraw ur money to other bank...leaving huge amount on ur salary account will be a huge mistake...I'm talking from experience...your company and the bank have access to your account..they both can monitor it...withdraw it now or recieve quarry letter soon

Hmmmmmm, thanks Bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 20, 2015
nicerichard05:
My fellow NLanders I just wanna know if it good to leave huge amount of money in your salary account. I work in an oil nd gas company and since I started working 11months ago I haven't touched my salary, was just Thinking if dis companies have a way of checking their staff account balance, if they do that means they would begin to suspect where I get the money I spend since my salary is untouched.
Thank for ur response.

Your company has a legal right to inquire into ur account without ur consent because it's a salary account. I worked in a bank so I should know

43 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by controlG(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2015
It is not good to leave a large sum in there. although your employers wouldn't be able to view your account status or bank balances..this is because, d bank as a duty not to disclose customer's information to third parties.. d exception to this is in cases where fraud is suspected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Just quit your job

Deaddd cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by nicerichard05: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ur advice actually helped a lot. Thanks yaa all
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by hazyfm: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
HR WATCHING
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by DTOBS(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
since 9am,just entering FP for comment....

mchetwwwww...
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Remilekun101: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Since May 20 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't have a salary account......

I am my own boss

undecided
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Adesiji77: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
The last time I checked, the bank owes its customer a duty to keep the activities on his account secret.

There is no way your employer can know your account balance unless you authorize the bank to make the information available to them.

BTW, why don't you invest in fixed deposit or treasury bill and make your money work for you?

My 2 kobo cool

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by ITbomb(m): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
No
Get another account so that you will be able to monitor your spending and income
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by fpeter(f): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
move it to ur savings acct asap
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Pavore9: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Don't put all your eggs in one basket, transfer some of it to another account.
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by shalomm: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
nicerichard05:
My fellow NLanders I just wanna know if it good to leave huge amount of money in your salary account. I work in an oil and gas company and since I started working 11 months ago I haven't touched my salary, was just Thinking if this companies have a way of checking their staff account balance, if they do that means they would begin to suspect where I get the money I spend since my salary is untouched.
Thank for your response.

Why on earth we they be spying on you? well, why not divide the money and spread it...WAIT! do you mean you don't pay your tithe? grin sad and also, i think you should get this book title " The Jewish Principle of Wealth" thank me later
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by omoijesa(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nope nope nope
Multiple account 4 its own usefullness 4 tuture occurences
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=nicerichard05 post=33914896]

Buh it's a salary account which the company opened for me with their banker.[/quote withdraw all your money and save them in your own personal account , that will be OK.
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by siraj1402(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
soleexx:
In addition,not even transfer but withdraw by hand and save in other bank . transfer is still traceable. Be wise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by AnneMomoh: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Adesiji77:
N

Niger?
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by yorke1: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
But where are you getting the money you are spending since you are not touching your salary.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by promisechild(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Are you in need of a home tutor for your child this summer? and you stay in Abuja. Path way home tutor , Abuja is the best bet for that.

contact 08139018012
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Hysmady(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
You're On Your Own...
All join...You will eventually spend it
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by luckyman1010(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Absolutely wrong.
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by Afrocatalyst: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
Anything that suits you o.
Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by iebanehita(m): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
Very wrong
Coys have a way of monitoring your salary account such that if what you have exceeds your current earnings, they would suspect you of doing side business and not being fully open up or committed to your duties/responsibilities which requires you to fulfil even during odd hours.

Or if your job is one that requires people to bribe you so that you give them a good assessment/performance appraisal the coy might suspect you of shaddy deals.

Suggest you open another account.
Talking from a friend's experience.
*Modified*

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? by mactoni91(m): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
u wan dey remind unemployed youths for nairaland say dem nuh geh job bah?
God go judge u

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? / Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages / Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.