Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee (21347 Views)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Benedict44(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good evening all...
...I dont know the correct but i believe that you all can understand it ...
A friend of mine called me this evening and was telling me how her boss slaped her yesterday at work just because he came to work late and another thing is that he could nt finish the work her boss gave him the previous day and the boss invited him to her office and after a small argument , she slapped him and walked him out of her office .....
..Now he is planing to go back to her office on money and return the slap to her . His reason being that the boss is not the owner of the company that she is just the head of their department ....
....He is very angry now and he is a high tempered person . And worst is that her boss is in the same age bracket with him....
..Please what do you think i should tell him ...
....And is it good for a boss to slap a worker and if it is good , to what criteria....Thanks ...
....NOTE : Is company work ...
MATURED ADVICE NEEDED ...

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
YES

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
Depends on the salary.
100k below- Slap back
500k above- turn ur left ear

257 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by freakthingz(m): 12:05am On Jul 12, 2015
Tell your friend its very good infact its the best thing that can happen

You kno what they say
The hotter the slap the sweeter the afterburn

thank me lerra
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by freakthingz(m): 12:07am On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:
YES

lol one word only!!!
undecided

But thatz none of my bidness
cool
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Benedict44(m): 6:04am On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:
YES
...remember that he explained to the boss that it was rain that made him to come late and that he was weak after the previous days work and she could nt accept his reasons. And know that the boss is a lady while he is a man.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2015
Benedict44:
...remember that he explained to the boss that it was rain that made him to come late and that he was weak after the previous days work and she could nt accept his reasons. And know that the boss is a lady while he is a man.
Well, gender doesn't matter yet.
And if you are to build an empire, no excuse should be accepted for late coming or being absent from work, even if these reasons are genuine...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by lalasticlala(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2015
londongal03:
Depends on the salary.
100k below- Slap back
500k above- turn ur left ear

LWKMH grin grin grin

33 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2015
Slapped a few myself

Yes if they dont like it they can quit smiley
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by toluxa1(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2015
If I am being paid 1m and above, I'll simply obey the Holy scriptures and turn the other ear. If not.... You know the rest. Person teeth go turn 29.

https://www.nairaland.com/2337074/new-audiobeats-rugby-design-wireless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by docphresh(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2015
Try that and I would sue her sorry ass for every single kobo she's worth. I'm an employee not a slave.

24 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by asscb(f): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2015
I'm rugged grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Skywalker5(m): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2015
Only in Naija

10 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by cold(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2015
Absolutely not! Under no circumstance should a superior smack his/her surbordinate. Anybody pulls that kind of stunt with me,even if i'm earning a million a month is definitely going to end up with some serious brain damage because the speed with which i'll return the slap would be faster than lightning.

32 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by dayosaurus(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2015
Benedict44:
Good evening all...
...I dont know the correct but i believe that you all can understand it ...
A friend of mine called me this evening and was telling me how her boss slaped her yesterday at work just because he came to work late and another thing is that he could nt finish the work her boss gave him the previous day and the boss invited him to her office and after a small argument , she slapped him and walked him out of her office .....
..Now he is planing to go back to her office on money and return the slap to her . His reason being that the boss is not the owner of the company that she is just the head of their department ....
....He is very angry now and he is a high tempered person . And worst is that her boss is in the same age bracket with him....
..Please what do you think i should tell him ...
....And is it good for a boss to slap a worker and if it is good , to what criteria....Thanks ...
....NOTE : Is company work ...
MATURED ADVICE NEEDED ...

Go and get brighter grammar

Your grammar sucks.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by tociano009(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
grin
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Aikon: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
A big NO

Your friend can sue his boss if he so wishes.

By the way female bosses are the most cruel especially when they have male employees under them

8 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Greycious(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
pic or.....

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Kolade354(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
Your frnd is a fool............He cant return the slap and now he wantz to go and slap her.........Foolish Boy!

26 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by ghettodreamz(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
Going back to the office to slap the abusive boss will not cut it, if he had done that immediately when the slap landed on his cheek, that would have been more gracious and reasonable thing to do.

If I were in his shoe, I really don't know what I would have done in such an awful situation, but I doubt if that would ever happen in civilized nations though.

Only in Nigeria there are no employee rights act, where a head of a department or an employer would do such and go scot-free. One thing is sure though, your friend is not the first to have experienced such abusive treatment from a superior in an office or organization, and won't be the last if situation of things in Nigeria are not changed. A lot of cases bordering on abuses and assaults in a work place go unreported and many employees have had to sell off their rights to ensure a constant flow of income so as to keep body and soul together and ensure they have a paying job that can put the food on the table for their families. Otherwise, they stand the risk of being fired and sent back to the job-hunters market filled with millions of qualified but unemployed graduates.

As regarding the said boss' conduct, it's so unethical of her to have slapped him, regardless of the situation on ground (except, if only she returned a slap initiated by your friend) and a plain assault on your friend's person.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2015
Go back on monday, slap her back, give her a deep kiss and resign.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Richie0974: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Nobody can try that sh*t with me..

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by deebsman1(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
No
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
My siggy says it all.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by oluwamile(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
it is justifiable to return d slap too
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2015
No. No matter the amount you pay them at the end of the month. It simply doesn't make sense,sack them... yes.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Greycious(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2015
dayosaurus:

Your grammar sucks.
Lool.... seconded undecided

7 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by sirxbit(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2015
dayosaurus:

Your grammar sucks.
i rili dnt undastand.dis moment the poster wil say he,b4 u knw hes saying her

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before Dating A Co-worker / BREAKING: Angry Workers Shut Down La Casera / 4 Dream-killer Habits You Should Avoid In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.