Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigerian Should Begin To Take Export More Seriously: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Should Begin To Take Export More Seriously: (684 Views)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining / Nigeria's Four Refineries To Begin Operation Next Month - NNPC / Cassava Export Business: How To Begin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Should Begin To Take Export More Seriously: by bayemibo: 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2009
Its no more a surprise that the global economic recession is so hitting hard
on the Nigeria economy. But its unfortunate that we have to wait for till this time
before CBN and the govt could come out and tell nigerian the truth.
However in the face of this economic crises and continuous drop in the
crude oil prices, the only way to go is to focus on our non-export as a nation.

Suffice it to say that although we all know this, but in our actions it really shows that
we are not interested (and this begins right from the villa).

Our president claim to have with a 7-point agenda,
1. Power and Energy .

2. Food Security and Agriculture

3. Wealth Creation and Employment

4. Mass Transportation

5. Land Reform

6. Security

7. Qualitative and Functional Education But i think it wiill interest

But it will interest you to note that the issue of Export does not seems to
be priority.

Did i hear someone says what is the Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Nigeria
Import-Export Bank (NEXIM Bank) doing. From my own observation i think NEPC are trying
to their best but how far can they go when NEXIM refuse to give out the funds.

“Non-oil export promotion is an economic task that should no longer attract mere lip service. Specific programmes, assigning definite responsibilities to the banks, are now overdue. In constituting a committee that should be charged with the production of the programmes in form of an economic blueprint for non-oil export promotion, Nigerian banks, which are expected to play significant roles, must be included. The Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM) should also be overhauled in order to become more functional and more effective.”

(1) (Reply)

Graphcard Funding Assistant / Got What i wanted- thanks / Do U Have Info On Event Management?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.