Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,629 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi (24016 Views)

Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi / Trending Picture Of Halima When Told Her Dad Would Keep Petroleum Ministry / In Losing Power, Goodluck Jonathan Finally Finds Himself-olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2015
Any I trus the ND boys to do the needful.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by chibas: 3:51pm On May 21, 2015
denko:
Is this the Change, so that they will not question him/invite him.
easy o!i advice we soft pedder and not to conclusion, i always say till then because whatever you hear now can still be altered, peace.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by chibas: 3:54pm On May 21, 2015
freshdude99:
Rubbish! Oyel will choke u baba if u are not careful
i think u don't need to be bitter about it.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by cedarhaven: 3:56pm On May 21, 2015
He can have go ahead,only if such decision is revved towards amelioration of oil saga in the country,and he would need an experience person as special adviser to help him achieve his positive goals.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 21, 2015
TheImp:

Not really, a hands on Petroleum Minister is what is needed,considering the many other tasks the president would be facing on assumption of office, I doubt he'll have the time to face the sector as would be required, a no of qualified names have already been bandied around for the ministry, Tonye Cole, Mofe Boyo, Odein Ajumogobia et al

I dont know other names u have mentioned but if there are of same class with Ajumogobia, then forget it. Let GMB handle it.

But I may suggest he either find a capable hand or retain it to himsef for a year lets see how it goes
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by chibas: 4:01pm On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:
sweet jesus...

is dis d change

Amaechi hv u seen what u caused?

dis man is gradually showcasing his real color

petroleum minister wen he has no cup of oil in his back yard
but obasanjo as a president doubles as the petroleum minister,if buhari choose to do same what is the biggy, ,though I still take news with a pinch of salt.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 21, 2015
ok, hope the task won't be too much for him

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Pangea: 4:12pm On May 21, 2015
Sai Baba
If that will clean the mess,
I say go on soun!
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by CriticalThought: 4:16pm On May 21, 2015
apeoyemojo:
what did he achieve in the 70s as head of the petroluem ministry other than stealing 2.8 billion dollars?

just curious, do you have solid proof or are you going off soundbites?
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by otr1(m): 4:18pm On May 21, 2015
If that will restore sanity to the sector, it's ok. I would do same, if I were him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by ObosiAB: 4:26pm On May 21, 2015
Buhari administration will end up Nigeria in regional government simple! Things will be so tough that each region will start disregarding him before 2019 and start administering themselves. No fight! No war.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by smileswil: 4:30pm On May 21, 2015
If d president - elect has decided to keep d portfolio let him do jst cus it gonna hlp to reactivate our economy which its base lays on our OIL
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by emmasege: 5:06pm On May 21, 2015
Segun Adeniyi has suddenly resurrected from "the dead". The guy dey take style look for job again in the presidency. Bros Sege, the fact that GMB is another Katsina man does not brighten your chance at all o. GMB fit no look your side at all.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 21, 2015
Must Fooools writing articles always mention GEJ?
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Jesusloveyou: 5:52pm On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:

what is better about it

a president holding one of the highest rated portfolio to him sef

does greed have any other definition apart from that?

d petroleum he's interested in is it from his state

I taught they said he loves Amaechi y not giv it to him

criminals
if they give u d post wil u take? nobody is ready to take that post,is tempting,u wil step on toes,a saint can be stain in that ministry, and this time around,anyone that stain his hand wil go to jail instantly, so is better for buhari to handle it by himself.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by mikolo80: 5:59pm On May 21, 2015
TheImp:

Not really, a hands on Petroleum Minister is what is needed,considering the many other tasks the president would be facing on assumption of office, I doubt he'll have the time to face the sector as would be required, a no of qualified names have already been bandied around for the ministry, Tonye Cole, Mofe Boyo, Odein Ajumogobia et al
i try not to use this kind of language anymore but ajumogobia,are you drunk
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Jesusloveyou: 6:04pm On May 21, 2015
apeoyemojo:
what did he achieve in the 70s as head of the petroluem ministry other than stealing 2.8 billion dollars?
for ur mind,u think, u have reason well, comon! Go and play outside,ur kid sister is looking for you.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Fourwinds: 6:18pm On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:
sweet jesus...

is dis d change

Amaechi hv u seen what u caused?

dis man is gradually showcasing his real color

petroleum minister wen he has no cup of oil in his back yard
is it a must for him to possess a cup of oil to become a petroleum minister.?? talking reasonably jaree
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by ayokellany: 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
bigtt76:
The dynamics of those days have changed

People like you should stop making senseless contribution on social media. If the man believe only him can sanitise the ministry let him do that. What as the ministry benefited from the expertise Jonathan appointed ? Were they not the ones that looted the most. I just can not understand why most of you reason like your brain is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
Then Buhari is a thief like Obasanjo
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by cprex: 7:17pm On May 21, 2015
Meiji:
So Buhari, at age 72, is somehow going to oversee the petroleum sector himself and still supervise other ministries and agencies of the government? And you think he won't break down?

This should be moved to jokes section.

I think you should re-examine your stand/ though process and stop making jokes of important national issues.

petroleum product, its availability, management and stamping out the corruption that pervades it is so pivotal to our existence as a nation.
Buhari's age notwithstanding he has manifested requisite physical and mental soundness. Above all his records speaks volume of integrity and experience both of which virtues are are apparently nonexistent amongst today's managers of this important industry.
Nigerians expect so much from his government, so if he considers it most appropriate to handle this sector by himself to achieve result, so be it.
Baba consider handling power if not by yourself, by an experienced, sincere and loyal minister.

It does not matter your opinion, am optimistic of Buhari's incoming government- QED

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Heffalump(m): 8:39pm On May 21, 2015
LordVarys:

Mofe Boyo is tipped to be the New NNPC GMD, Tonye Cole and Tam David West would also play roles in shaping energy policy, ultimately Buhari would keep the Petroleum portfolio, keep in mind he was petroleum minister in the 70s so he has some idea of what to do

This has been my candid thot long b4 now. GMB should keep the sensitive post of min of pet to himself, at least for sm time. All he needs is a competent adviser and a min of state for the oil sector.
Only him can cleanse the rot without compromise and to the satisfaction of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by mamajaz(f): 9:15pm On May 21, 2015
Loyaltee:

WoW!!! First Time Commenting In This Forum And I Made FTC...
I Dedicate This To ALL Those Trekkers Treking For Buhari... Your Reward Is In Heaven...
You wicked oh, if I start my own trekking, my reward dey nairaland.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by manchester1: 11:56pm On May 21, 2015
GMB sud work alone n not a point any ministers. he is superman @72. so DT money will not be spent on ministers salaries.
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by inimitkel(m): 1:20am On May 22, 2015
Meiji:
So Buhari, at age 72, is somehow going to oversee the petroleum sector himself and still supervise other ministries and agencies of the government? And you think he won't break down?

This should be moved to jokes section.
Lol, dat was a lil harsh
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by BabaOneChance: 7:18am On May 22, 2015
Blackchampion:
Is dat how he intend to stabilize d Global Oil Price?
******singing******* #BabaOneChance oooo
undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 22, 2015
mamajaz:

You wicked oh, if I start my own trekking, my reward dey nairaland.

NairaLand Keh? Where Re Yhu Even Trekking To Sef?
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 03, 2015
Why minister of petroleum? Why not minister of cocoa and cows
Re: Buhari May Keep Petroleum Portfolio For Himself - Olusegun Adeniyi by dannywhyte(m): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2015
freedom96:
Funny.You still have the ancient belief that performance got something to do with age?I think you should be moved to joke section instead.

Have you seen a picture of Obama, or GEJ recently?
compare it with their picture of last 4 years ,then you'll understand better what the man you quoted means.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Rescue 998 Persons From Boko Haram Captivity, Clear Terrorists (Photos) / Distribution Of Cleaner Lagos Initiative Thrash Bags Begins / Buhari Reappoints Lauretta Onochie, Bashir Ahmad As Special Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.